July 2017 Moms

Announcing!

Re: Announcing!

• Loading the player...
  • I think I'll tell my team leader this week (13 weeks) and tell my immediate team next week after my midwife appointment next Monday. Hoping I can hear the heartbeat for peace of mind before I go public at work! 
    The rest of the staff can find out by gossip!

• I told my boss just before Christmas. She's an amazing mentor and gave me some great tips on how to talk to HR to maximize my maternity leave. I have some pretty major projects coming up that could be a huge boost to my career if they go well. I want to get some big wins under my belt before letting any colleagues know, if possible. Boss doesn't think that's necessary, but has agreed to keep it silent until I'm ready.
  • edited January 2017
    @GlitterFish wow. Some people just cannot act appropriately. You are a better person than I, I would excommunicated for awhile until reality was accepted. My dad was so disappointed it was a boy at first, like better luck next time. Well, so was I at first to be honest, but I cant imagine life any other way!

The announcement thing, well it kinda left my hands one MIL saw the ginger ale and Ritz crackers. It seemed everyone knew after that, even though I asked her to keep it a secret because of fear of miscarriage. So, I didn't know who didn't know, and since I couldn't eat much food over the holidays, I chose to announce via facebook. The surprise was ruined anyways, as most people knew. So, what harm could it do? Plus, gave me an excuse to be picky :)
  • @sofloma I love yours! I'm a Starbucks gal and my husband is all Dunkin Donuts, so I could do those, plus our dog's bowl, plus a bottle. I may steal it :)
  • @Rae1 Omg, I love this! Your pups are adorable! I thought about doing something like this but unfortunately the only time my dog (ironically also named Rae) can sit still is when she's sleeping. Might not convey "guard dog" status!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @runrestrepeat haha that is too funny that your dog's name is Rae. Maverick (the bigger one on the left) is an angel and will do whatever I tell him. Arya (little girl on the right) on the other hand is still a pup and she was TERRIFIED of the sign. She would not sit down and kept trying to run from it...while it was around her neck lol. So it was very difficult to get her pic. Luckily, my sister is a photographer so I sent her my shitty iphone pics and she edited them to look nice. The difference is incredible. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 Awe, poor Arya! My DH is also a photographer - it is such a saving grace for otherwise crappy photos! And yep - her full name is Corre ("she runs" in Italian) but we call her Rae for short!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @ktewart @rae1 Your announcements make me so giddy!! Congrats!! 
  • I lurk this thread and don't post because me and my husband are lazy and don't do cute stuff/ just boringly tell people (and probably most people find out when they see me sporting a belly lol). But I love reading your announcements ladies! You all are so creative! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• I haven't done a Facebook announcement or anything, but this is how I told my husband we are having a girl. He loves craft beer and sweets. I'm kinda embarrassed at how long it took him to realize what this meant!
    I'll probably do a FB announcement with my son in a month or so, because I don't want to run into anyone in my hometown when I'm visably pregnant and have 21 questions or hurt feelings.
  • @ACharnelle Yeah, I would probably also assume I had forgotten Valentine's Day with that set up! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish wow...that literally never crossed my mind
  • @GlitterFish wow...that literally never crossed my mind
    It took the guys in my office 4 days to figure out my baby announcement.... And some never got it!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Speaking of puzzle announcements, how did your lottery numbers go, @LoveLee85?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I know they loved you for that though...they were probably all a little scared to approach you and ask lol. Now I have to go downstairs and mine my guacamole @GlitterFish
  • Speaking of puzzle announcements, how did your lottery numbers go, @LoveLee85?
    My dad knew in less than 10 seconds!!!! It was hilarious. My mom was watching him react and was laughing saying she didn't get it!!! She said:BABY?! After my dad told her the 20-17 was a year. It was really fun and exciting. Thanks for asking!!! 
  • I lurk this thread and don't post because me and my husband are lazy and don't do cute stuff/ just boringly tell people (and probably most people find out when they see me sporting a belly lol). But I love reading your announcements ladies! You all are so creative! 
    Oh my gosh, you're just like me! I love the announcement ideas, but we're totally boring and not active on our social media accounts, so we just kinda mention it casually to people haha. 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    Speaking of puzzle announcements, how did your lottery numbers go, @LoveLee85?
    My dad knew in less than 10 seconds!!!! It was hilarious. My mom was watching him react and was laughing saying she didn't get it!!! She said:BABY?! After my dad told her the 20-17 was a year. It was really fun and exciting. Thanks for asking!!! 
    That's great!
  • I was just talking to a friend who apparently didn't see my Facebook post, and she asked me what was new, so I said my latest project was growing a small human. It worked like magic lol. Very low key but cute way to put it for any mamas who might be interested 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @ericandmaria you're puppies are adorable! I wanted to incorporate the cat in our photo announcement, but there was no way I was going to get her to do what I wanted, including sitting still even though she sleeps 16 hours a day. If I wanted her to sit still she wouldn't just to show me who's boss. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @Rojita I was going to tell my team leader today but I chickened out! I'll try again on Monday! 

Also love the announcement pic! :)
  • Nellin said:
    @Rojita I was going to tell my team leader today but I chickened out! I'll try again on Monday! 

Also love the announcement pic! :)
    Good luck on Monday and let us know how it goes! With my first I was terrified to tell my boss and she ended up being the most supportive - FX yours is too!
  • I keep saying I'm going to announce but I haven't yet. I keep getting a better idea, I have one now and I'm sticking with it. I just have to wait for DH to get home from his hunting trip next weekend.
  • @sofloma  I love this. And I love @PurplePumpernickel 's Dunkin Donuts twist because I grew up in Massachusetts. 

Is it okay if I borrow/steal this idea?  I think I'm going to smuggle a Dunkin donuts cup on the plane back to Honolulu in February. And pair it with a local Hawaii coffee chain cup. 
  • Told the family and the boss now. Trying to decide when I'll do a Facebook announcement and how. No rush lol.
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • We have told my parents and the in-laws, but no Facebook announcement yet. We Skyped with my brother at Christmas to tell him. I got a shirt that says
    I'M PRE_____( with blank spaces)
    You only get one guess
    I said, "Look at the shirt I got for Christmas." Since this was a total surprise pregnancy, he and SIL were quite shocked. It was cute to see their faces. We are going to announce after we get gender news from the NIPT, within a week or so. I can't really hide it anymore, so I'm ready!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone not told family/announced yet? We just told our kids at 13w and my dh told a coworker.  We haven't even told our parents or friends. It's just so hectic with this open heart surgery for our dd and we want to make sure the baby is healthy. Our family is not going to be happy due to health history and I don't want to compound the stress we already have. 
  • @mrsdrmatney I haven't told family and friends and I haven't told my two kids either (8 and 5yo). I'm 12 weeks today and don't plan on telling anyone until at least after the NT scan that's scheduled for next week. Part of me is even thinking of holding off telling people and the kids till after my quad screening which is scheduled for Feb 1st (I'll be 15 weeks by then). 

I'm sorry to hear your DD is having heart surgery. That's very scary and stressful for sure. Please keep us updated on how she does.