December 2016 Moms

MOTN check in

124»

Re: MOTN check in

• I always think mine is too @jennbaylor12
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Loading the player...
  • Unreal. I tried something new tonight since DS consistently consumes all 4oz of his bottles (every 3 hours). Tonight before bed I put 6oz in his bedtime bottle thinking he would take just a little over 5oz but he consumed the entire 6oz. He just woke up after a glorious 5 hour interval. It concerns me that he is taking so much formula at 1 month old but my doctor said in the beginning that he is a barracuda and to feed him if he's hungry & there is nothing wrong with that. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 my DD was being rude tonight from 8-10 (aka fussy as hell) and kept acting hungry. She had her normal 4oz (3oz breastmilk, 1oz formula) at 745. Went on to have 3 more oz of formula before calming down at 10. So from 745 to 10 she had 7 flipping ounces! It's 230 and she's still sleeping and I'm here pumping.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• FX!

• @maamawaabangi FX!

I'm singing songs in my head based on the rhythm of the pump. I've reached that level of late night insanity.
  • Thanks... averaging every 10 min... so it's all still up in the air!  :D

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Good luck @maamawaabangi!
    lo has gotten me up every 1.5 hours tonight. I am so tired. 
    And she won't stop pooping. 

• Fx @maamawaabangi !

LO has regressed and now will only sleep on me or DH again.  I am so tired.  DH held him for several hours last night but then had to sleep bc he has work today.  The weekend can't come soon enough.
  • @maamawaabangi SO many FX, prayers, happy thoughts, dead cats shaking for you!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I'm still pregnant!  :/  
    This is totally getting a tad out of hand in my opinion. 

• Aw man @maamawaabangi, I was so hoping it was your turn! I decided to go to the office for a couple hours this morning. Big mistake. I am so uncomfortable.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @ajstevenson well hopefully your discomfort amounts to something... one of us ought to have a baby today... maybe we are all holding out for New Years??? Our babies are saying "heck no! Not being born in 2016!!!"  :D

• It's very true... it's an act of trust in something other than ourself... daily as a parent! 

•  @maamawaabangi ! Keep hoping it's real labor, I just had a dream last night that you had your baby! It was so strange because, well obviously because we have never 'met', and because I was congratulating you for having the baby before 2017! My brain is so full of baby thoughts. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Haha! @yellingbanana i sure hope I have it before 2017. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if I don't! 

• So much cramping. Labor please just start.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• LO feeds for 10 min, then makes a watery gurgle fussy noise when I lay her in the pack n play. Pick her up, burp her, try it again, and repeat. We have a wedge under the mattress but I think the answer is going to be keeping her upright after feeding. I love to hold her but could use the sleep. Would gripe water help with this?
  • We're both struggling tonight. Lots of crying from us both.  :'( One day we will sleep again. One day. 
  • @KattyC have you looked into a rock n play? 

• @sourlemon yep, she uses it during the day for naps, but maybe we should use it at night too. 
  • @KattyC we try to switch up sleep devices between day and night but we can't lay her flat at all due to reflux. Even the wedge isn't enough...so it's rock n play, swing, bouncy seat, or our arms. With dd1 who had horrible reflux she didn't sleep flat until 4/5 months and she had the wedge after that until 15 months. 

If yours doesn't have reflux you may be able to keep the baby upright for 10 minutes or so after eating then try laying down. 

• Thanks @sourlemon, I'll give it a try tonight. Someone mentioned using a wet washcloth to keep LO awake during feeding, Ill be using that to keep myself awake while keeping her upright. 
    This should prob go in the stupid question thread, but how do I tell if it is reflux?
  • @KattyC there's the projectile spit up type of reflux (dd1 had) and there's "silent" reflux (dd2 has) where the spit up doesn't fully escape the mouth but the acid still burns. My lo is choking at night and arching her back during and after eating. Plus super fussiness during/after feedings but not when actually hungry. That's the only way we knew...mentioned those to the Dr yesterday and she strongly thinks it's reflux so we are starting meds. 

Remember some spit up is normal. But being in pain during/after every bottle is not. If concerned I'd being it up at your appointment. Sometimes just incline sleeping helps a ton!

• Pumped about an ounce and a half and then spilled most of it on my shirt... terrible way to start the night
  • @BabyRobbinsAdventure spilled milk is the worst!

we are already on our first feed. I was praying for another 5 hour stretch like last night but nope....
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • We breastfed but I don't feel like she emptied either side. I think the latches must have been bad because I have had fire nips for an hour. Now im in bed and reeeeeally dont want to go downstairs to pump to relieve the pressure. Waaahh! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh and also DH had to toss like 20 oz of breastmilk because our fridge broke.  :cry:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm at a loss of what to do. His umbilical cord is falling off. It's just hanging on by a thread. It looks a little raw underneath but no bleeding or anything I think would be concerning. But any time anything touches it, he flips. And he squirms while he wails so it just touches the top of his diaper. I have him laying on my lap totally flat with his outfit open so it gets as much dry air as possible. But when he starts crying he is inconsolable. Nothing works. He won't even latch to comfort nurse. I'm not sure what we're going to do...  :'(
  • kattyc-2kattyc-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @tinattt23 can you get him to the peds in the AM? LO's stump got wet while nursing (thanks leaky left boob) and it stuck to her shirt, pulled away slightly.  She wasn't fussy about it, but we were terrified bc after it did come off it it would bleed a little when her tummy got full or she let out a cry. Anyways, at her dr visit they used silver nitrate to essentially seal it off. It might be something they could do for your little guy. 

ETA: I referred to this link a lot during our stump issues: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/medical-conditions/symptom-index/umbilical-cord-problems/
  • LO was doing her fussy gas thing so I gave her a 1/2 dose of gripe water. Worked like a charm, she's sleeping peacefully. I, however, am wide awake watching her to make sure she doesn't have a reaction to it. 
  • I pumped in the new year. And apparently my TV networks showed the ball drop at 11pm here, not midnight so I missed that. How stupid!