December 2016 Moms
Options

MOTN check in

Re: MOTN check in

• Options
    @ea301 I don't wake E up, and once L was back at birth weight, didn't wake him either. If they fuss, I pat and shush, followed by a paci, and then I'll feed.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Austenistay DS is similar.  We ended up moving the pack n play to the bedroom so that when I'm asleep, he's in the newborn napper thing, plus we have the changing table feature in it for overnight.  During the day he sleeps in the RNP in the living room, in comfortable with it since I'm awake and he's supervised.  For a makeshift changing table I brought the changing table pad down from his nursery.  It's been working for us - just an idea for you.  We had a cradle that didn't work out so this was the solution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Austenista  both of my DDs spent many a night sleeping in their swing because as soon as I set them down in the bassinet they'd wake. I know a lot of moms on here use the rnp for sleeping. Your pediatrician has to stick with what the national guidelines for baby sleeping, keep that in mind. Do what works as long as it's safe. I spent the last 10 days sleeping with Lucas on me/boppy on the couch because of spit up/choking issues. But I can tell you my pediatrician would not have recommended it!

@ea301 Lucas is the loudest sleeper ever and I always think he is waking when he is just being loud. Unless your pediatrician feels that they aren't gaining enough weight, don't wake the baby to eat! Lucas sleeps well, but eats like a monster during the day. He also takes in more than he should for his age. Each baby is different! As long as they are growing/gaining then I wouldn't wake them at night to eat.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Thanks pals... the problem is that she wakes up, fusses for 10 minutes (or long enough for me/hubby to wake up), then goes back to sleep. I guess we just have to live with it!

The past two nights have been fine but man, tonight was not our best for sleep. Its now 5:45 and she is just now falling asleep on my chest. Bassinet was fine for like 15 minutes at a time but otherwise unacceptable. I guess we just keep trying :)  

• Options
    I transitioned DS2 from the bassinet in the PnP after 1 week to his crib in his room. It limits how much of the "fussy sleep" I hear with the monitor and he's been giving me 4 hour stretches at night. (He's back to birth weight). I sobbed the first night that he wasn't next to me sleeping but we've both slept so much better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @ea301 is the baby fussy because gas? My DD will make so much noise trying to get a fart out then "fall back asleep" but after a few nights we noticed her eyes never opened during all that fussing. So now we let her fuss away, listen for the fart, then monitor. If it's close to 3-4 hours she typically truly does wake up. If it hasn't been so long it's usually just gas then back to sleep. 

She got back to birth weight in 5 days so we were told we didn't need to wake for feedings. 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @Austenista dd1 spent 4 months or so in the RnP. With a blanket! She was a reflux baby and our pedi told us officially not to let her sleep in it over night but off the record if it's the only place she doesn't spit everything up and can sleep without pain, do it. 

So far dd2 is not a reflux baby...but will only sleep in the RnP at night. With a blanket. We even "had to" buy the self rocking one because she wouldn't sleep in the standard one...little punk. We will start doing day naps in her crib at 1 month old and hope to transition to night crib around 4 months.

My "rule" for moving to the nursery is waking to eat only 1-2 times. Otherwise I just don't see it as being worth it...the toddler will wake up a ton as their rooms share a wall and it's on the other side of the house and I'm kinda lazy. 

• Options
    When transitioning to nighttime in the crib what do you put baby in? Right now she sleeps in a RNP beside the bed in a blanket/very loose swaddle. She hated the swaddle me and sleep sacks because she has to have her arms free. Do you just put her in the crib in her pajamas? Or can you do a loose swaddled blanket too?
  • Options
    @sourlemon oh yes, a lot of the time it is gas. It always makes me laugh when she fusses and kicks for a while then lets out a big old toot and goes back to sleep - she must know her mama's sick sense of humor :) Last night, I would have sworn it was hunger (she was mouthing around a lot, not much kicking) but as soon as I brought her downstairs to feed her she fell back asleep and stayed sleeping for an hour until I changed her diaper to wake her up. (Our pediatrician recommended waking every 4 hours, but usually she wakes on her own.) Still learning I suppose. Next time it happens I'll just keep her upstairs for a while to see what happens. 

• Options
    @kbduke have you seen this? https://www.halosleep.com/sleepsack/

We have one but haven't used it yet because Max is still ok with being swaddled. Maybe it's worth a shot if you're worried about her not being warm enough. 
  • Options
    @kbduke both my babies refuse to be swaddled with arms down. So we use the swaddle sacks with the velcro across her chest when she won't settle in just pj's. 

• Options
    Looks like we're cluster feeding again tonight.  Got DD to sleep in the pack n play for 17 min earler, after only about an hr of rocking  :s
  • Options
    My angel baby boy during the day thinks I'm his chew toy at night. I do perfect feeds when the LC comes in bc she has such a calming presence, when it's just me I think I panic both of us or something.
  • Options
    @kbduke LO sleeps in a long sleeved onesie or gown under a fleece halo swaddle in his crib
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    My emotions are all over the place tonight, and I can't sleep. All I've done is cry. Poor DH keeps asking me what he can do, and I keep telling him nothing.  Then I feel guilty for being so upset. Michael just went back to sleep, after waking for a bottle. I've spent the last hour chatting with my dad over FB messenger, as he's having such a hard time with my poppy passing. It sucks losing a family member, no matter what time of year it is, but this close to Christmas makes it suck even more. Sorry that turned in to a Debbie downer post.
  • Options
    LO wants to be held more today/tonight. Patiently waiting for him to go back to sleep or for DH to get up at 4, whichever comes first. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    4 hour sleep stretch!  Woohoo!  Nursing now and hoping for 4 more.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    When does the fear of falling asleep go away? He just nursed for 40 minutes, 30 minutes of productive latch. I swaddled and he's sleeping in the bassinet but now I'm just watching him instead of sleeping 
  • Options
    @Mamax2 so many hugs.. you're right, no time of the year is a good time to lose one you love. The holidays manage to add an extra sting though.. my Papa was diagnosed with a very invasive and inoperable brain tumor around Christmas a few years ago. We spent Christmas, New Year, and my birthday in the hospital with him and then he finally passed on Valentine's Day at home in hospice care. Every year from Christmas to Valentine's Day there are those small reminders of him.  Anyway, thinking of you and your family during this time ❤️
  • Options
    @Mamax2 - I'm sorry for your loss.

this LO just peed and pooped everywhere, twice, during a diaper change and now just pooped again in his diaper. I feel bad bc he gets so upset when we change him :(
  • Options
    @LandJ13 I was talking to my dad about the constant worry thing, he said "Don't worry that'll calm down right around the time they're 50." Ha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Been laying in bed for about an hour and a half but contractions say no sleep. They're 6-10 minutes apart. Some require focus, some don't. No idea what this means! Try and stop them so I can get some sleep? Try to encourage them so I can have a baby? So confusing!
  • Options
    @tinattt23 if they're gonna lead to labor, they won't stop if you try to rest so might as well get/be comfortable if possible!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Thinking of you @tinattt23!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Shoot me. I'm so sick. Been up all night with intense body aches, my throat feels like I'm swallowing razors, chills, fever... so now my H is going in to work late so I can go to the walk in clinic but I don't even know if they can do anything for me. Just praying this isn't strep .. wah. 
  • Options
    Oh @Christinaruth74  that sounds miserable. I hope it passes quickly. It sounds like it's full on. I got sick about a week before DS came but no fever, no chills. If there is a bright side it's that baby is getting some good antibodies?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @slartybartfast if there is a bright side, I suppose that would be it! 

My heart rate rate has also felt weird this morning and I was having pretty regular contractions for a little stretch. I think this is the only instance I'm wanting the baby to stay inside for a bit longer. She's moving like crazy so that's relieving...
  • Options
    Good luck @tinattt23! @Christinaruth74 nooooo! I hope you feel better soon!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Just an update: at urgent care.. tested negative for the flu but am still waiting for strep results. BP was good but my heart rate is high and they are concerned so they're calling my OB. My hands are shaky and I've definitely felt like my HR has been off all morning. Trying not to stress.. ugh 
  • Options
    Good luck @Christinaruth74 I hope you are feeling better soon. 

• Options
    Up. Been up with contractions the last hour. Bouncing on the birth ball. If this is another "pre labor" morning I'm going to cut someone. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Ugh bump ate my post. 

Getting IV fluids to see if that remedies the HR issue. They just checked again and it's still high so we'll see. Strep and urine tests came back normal so that's good. I'm just really nervous I'll have to have this baby while I'm sick :(
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 Ugh! I'm so sorry. NOT what you want at any time. Know that it's been done before, even if it's not ideal. Stay strong mama!  <3

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @Christinaruth74 thinking of you. Keep us updated!
  • Options
    Up. Been up with contractions the last hour. Bouncing on the birth ball. If this is another "pre labor" morning I'm going to cut someone. 
    Lol, I'm sorry, but I totally know what you mean. I had like 20 pre-labor days that drove me crazy. When I went into real labor, the biggest difference was that each contraction made me want to cry, not just some, but all. But then again, everyone is different! (I know, I just can't say that enough)
    But I hope this is your day!!!

• Options
    Back home and resting. Went through about 3/4 of the fluid bag and HR had gotten down to 116-120 which was better than the 132-138 it was hovering at when I got there. They just said to go to L&D if I had any more regular contractions, abdominal pain or HR issues. No antibiotics because they think it's just something viral working through my system. So, all in all it could be so much worse. Hoping I'll be feeling significantly better by tomorrow if I get in some good rest today. 

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, ladies ❤️