May 2017 Moms

Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

As many of us are nearing the halfway point (holy cow) of our pregnancies, it's starting to sink in that we'll actually have to name these little people.

If you're debating, would like input on your options, etc., this is the place for you! And if you've already finalized your name choice, feel free to share it here! 
Fur daughter: 02/2011
Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
*formerly kayemjay*

Re: Baby Name Choices & Discussion!

• My favorite of the three is Soren and while I don't know any Sorens it sounds like a real and not a made up name. In fact if I had to guess, I would say it's probably a last name turned into first name, which really seems to be the trend right now . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • @kayemjay2 Haha! Part of the reason I wanted you to start this thread... Our boy name is Henry (after my Dad, who will probably cry he will be so touched), but I worry about it being too popular. I am not 100% sure I'm going to let that sway our decision as it's special to us. We'd likely use the nn "Hank" sometimes. Also on our boy list are: Archer (love the idea of "Archie"), Hudson, and Flynn
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • onebadmothaonebadmotha member
    edited December 2016
    @vrj0522 - I'm so happy someone likes it! I haven't met any Sorens either, and I know it's popular in Scandinavia, I'm nervous about using it in the states.

@nda_roxybabe - That is hilarious! If I were you, I would definitely use Henry! It's a solid name, and since it's a family name for you, it's even more special. I love family names (unfortunately, we don't really have any usable ones left...haha). Hudson isn't my style,, but Archer "Archie" is adorable, and I love Flynn! 

Edited: spelling (again)
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @kayemjay2 I like Sullivan, but I'm probably bias because I had that on my list as DH vetoed it lol. Henry is becoming quite popular! 

@nda_roxybabe I like Henry as it has significance to your family! I feel like Archer is becoming more popular but it's cute. Flynn is not my style, but I do like Finn which is close! Lol 

@achays11 I love names that honor family members and if you end up with a boy I know yoie grandma will be thrilled to have his name after her husband! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @achays11 - Those are both fantastic names! Love the family connections as well :)
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Now that we know we are having a boy, we are back to name discussions! 

This baby will have the middle name Tyler (after DHs middle name). He really wants it to be the first name but Tyler just screams 1980s to me! One of our problems is that our last name is one syllable and has a rather harsh ending. Think similiar to "Block" so coming up with a first name that goes has been difficult. DH is also into very traditional names so it narrows my field! I'm also not a fan of nicknames, so whatever we name him is what we will call him! 

My short list is: Emmett, Luke, Ryan, Max, Rhett, Levi, Miles. 
    DH approves of: Ryan, Max, Rhett, Levi 

It also has to flow with big sisters Halle and Paige! I'm open to opinions and suggestions! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • And for our girl names... I feel weird sharing these as we've been SO top secret! So if anyone I know IRL is lurking, just keep your mouth shut, mmk?

1. Lennon Grace (nn: either none or "Lenny")
    2. Berkeley  (Middle name likely Grace. I know nn's are odd on this one, but I kind of like "Berks")
    3. Garner
    Is anyone going to flip if I share our last name? I feel you get such a better feel if you have last name too.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @achays11 Love both of those and that you're honoring family.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @h&pmomma - From your list, I love Miles! It was one of my top picks, but DH wouldn't go for it- it appears as though your DH feels the same. From your DH approved list, I love Max, but would do it as a nickname for Maxwell (also shot down by my DH). I agree with you about Tyler screaming 80's- it's a great middle name though :) 

@nda_roxybabe - From your girl list, I prefer Lennon Grace. It has cute nickname potential and flows better than the others, in my opinion. Lenny is adorable too!
    *formerly kayemjay*

• h&pmomma said:
    Now that we know we are having a boy, we are back to name discussions! 

This baby will have the middle name Tyler (after DHs middle name). He really wants it to be the first name but Tyler just screams 1980s to me! One of our problems is that our last name is one syllable and has a rather harsh ending. Think similiar to "Block" so coming up with a first name that goes has been difficult. DH is also into very traditional names so it narrows my field! I'm also not a fan of nicknames, so whatever we name him is what we will call him! 

It also has to flow with big sisters Halle and Paige! I'm open to opinions and suggestions! 
    It NEVER let's me tag you :( I like Rhett!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • h&pmomma said:

One day I'll get on the actual computer and update my name! It's that darn & that messes it up every time! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Totally in the same boat naming boy #2.  Ventured out to the baby names board last night for the first time. (Shout out to @kayemjay2 @achays11)

@kayemjay2 I voted for Sullivan Robert... nice ring to it. 

@nda_roxybabe <3 Lennon Grace so much. Very original but not forceful. 

@h&amp;pmomma I feel like Levi and Miles vibe well with your girls' names. 

@achays11 Awesome name combos. And a plus they are honoring family!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• newmamaronewmamaro member
    edited December 2016
    @KayeJaye91 love all of your names. I've never heard of Soren but love how uncommon it is. I'm partial to Sullivan as it's on our short list as well. 

We are Team Blue. Our short list so far has Sullivan, Barrett, James (probably for a middle name if used as our neighbor's kid is James). We have the hardest time agreeing to names. 

We need both a first and a middle. Sullivan was the runner up when we were pregnant with DS. Would it be awful to name this baby the unused name from DS? Poor kid is already getting all the hand-me-downs. I'm starting to love Sullivan Barrett (would probably call him Sully). It is still growing on DH, although Barrett is the name he picked and I picked Sullivan so I feel it's a good compromise. 

ETA: DS is Logan so want something that sounds good with his name.

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• @kayemjay2 I also had DH talked into Miles when I told him that it means "soldier" in Latin. Since he's military, he liked the significance. So I'll keep working on it :wink:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Forgot to post my dilemma. Lol. 

H's name is Christopher. #1 son is Colt. Totally didn't plan on the "C" thing, but now that it is a thing, H wants #2 son's name to also start with a hard C. I came up with Cassius nn Cash and H came up with Cage and Cane. 

Other names I like that others have suggested so far: Camden and Cullen (although too soon due to Twilight series...).

What sounds good with Colt?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @newmamaro - I don't see any problem giving baby #2 a name from your previous list! If you loved it then, and still love it, I'd say that's a great thing! I like the sound of Sullivan James. Sounds like a famous musician or something. A jazz musician or something really cool, not like a boy band member. 

@h&amp;pmomma- That's hilarious! Nice work :) 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @newmamaro Logan and Sullivan sound great together!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @kayemjay2 I love Soren!  It is actually my first OB's son's name and I really like it.  I think it definitely sounds like a real name.  I also love Henry.

@nda_roxybabe as I said I love Henry, especially if its a family name.

@achays11 I love the name Avery!  It is one of our favorite girl names but unfortunately it is one of our close friends daughters names so we can't use it.  

We are pretty much decided that our boy name is Graham David (Graham is a family name on DH's side and David is a family name on both sides).  Girl names are very up in the air.  We have had no problem coming up with boy names this pregnancy or last but have had no real luck with girl names.  Last pregnancy we found out DS was a boy so we stopped talking about girl names halfway through, but this time we're team green so we need to have one ready.  Our current first name picks are Hailey, Paige, and Scarlett.  But I'm not super excited about any of them.  I'm of the belief that middle names should be family names which is also hard because we don't have any good girl family names.  Right now we're thinking Jean (both my mom and MIL's mom's names and their middle names before they got married) which I don't love as a name but has a lot of family meaning.  We're also considering Dar (H's grandma's nickname and the only name she was really ever called by her family).  If anyone has any great girl name suggestions, please let me know!
  • @h&amp;pmomma I love Lennon Grace! I with MH would have gone for something like that. 

@nda_roxybabe Rhett is my favorite on your list. I have a friend that just named her little boy Tyler and I thought it was refreshing because it's not a name that you hear a lot anymore. 
  • I'm kind of digging Sullivan, nn "Sully" It's different, but not weird.

@mrsrep123 I like Cage and Cullen (even with Twilight). I also have liked the names Cohen and Conan (yes, like O'Brien). I knew a family with 5 boys, 3 of them being C names: Clayton "Clay", Chase, and Colton.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @RainyDays86 I love love love the name Graham but my cousin is naming her baby that. Otherwise it would have been #1 on our list! My DD2 is Paige so of course I love that name. Part of the reason we picked it is that it was a slightly common name but you never really hear it anymore. I have yet to come across another Paige! Just to throw it out there because I see you like Haley, have you thought about Halle? DD1 is Halle and it's another one of those not common names! I like Jean as a middle name especially since it covers both moms. I also do middle names after family members!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @mrsrep123 The Twilight reference doesn't bother me with Cullen, but I do feel like it's too similar to Colt. I like Cane or Camden from your list! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @mrsrep123 I like just the name Cash, is that an option? We have friends that have a Colton and and a Camden. 

@RainyDays86 we almost went with Jean as a middle name if it's a girl because that's MH's name. He is a Jr and I refuse to have a III so it was our compromise. I suggested Lynn after our mom's though and he fell in love. 
  • @h&amp;pmomma- I love love love your girls' names! 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @RainyDays86 LOVE Graham, H wasn't going for it.
    Other girl names I love: Harlow (this is a maybe on our list, our niece is Harper though), Adler, Wren, Lark, Blair, Sloane, Holland, Sutton (love this one!), Vienna, Fiona...
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • So happy this thread was started, I've been needing some inspiration on names!

@RainyDays86 I love Graham too and it is the top of my list, and we would use David as a middle name as well for FIL! Now I just have to try to get my husband on board... I love Paige for your girls name, and other suggestion that were on our original girls list were Sadie, Cora, Posey, Josephine and Willa.

@mrsrep123 we had Chase, Cade, Crew, and Cash and Calvin on our list at one point!

We are having another boy DS is Sawyer Patrick.  Our last name is hard, 2 syllables and ends with an -EN sound so it rules out a lot of names that end in N.  

We don't have much of a final list yet, but here are a few I like:  
    Roman
    Graham
    Theo
    Bennett
    Jayce 

• Bennett is adorable! I like Theo and Graham too.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @livin541 another vote for Bennett! 
  • Oh I've needed this! So we have been set for a while that this little one's middle name will be David (family name), but first name is harder to pick. Here's the contenders so far:
    1. Porter David (both family names, H's favorite. 8 want to like it but I'm just not completely sold on it yet)
    2. Jonathan David (my favorite for biblical significance, H isn't as much of a fan as I am)
    3. Matthew David (just have always liked the name Matthew/Matt)
  • I think we have decided to name our little one Henry. I agree though, it is becoming quite popular. My DS is Logan and at the time I didn't know anyone with that name and now it appears that is popular as well. Oh well. Boy names are harder for me to come up with than girl names.
  • To those worried about names being too popular - I totally get it, but if you love a name, don't let it sway you too much.  I picked and fell in love with the name Owen for a boy like 6 years ago, but by the time I was pregnant with DS two years ago it had become pretty popular.  It bugs me a little when I hear it frequently or see it on top 30 lists, but I still love it as a name and don't regret choosing it (especially now that DS refers to himself as Owen sometimes, my heart melts, it's just so cute).

@CherylE418 I love all of those!  I think Porter is a great name but the other two choices are as well.  
  • @livin541 - another vote for bennett! I'm a little biased, though, as that's DS's name :)

@RainyDays86 - Graham is adorable! I have a friend who used that for her little boy, otherwise it may have made our list the first time. 

@mrsrep123 - maybe Canon? A coworker just named her little boy that and it's growing on me.

We haven't officially chosen a name for this little lady, but I'm fairly certain she will be Elliott. We've been calling her that for a couple of weeks to make sure we like it, and so far no issues!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • I think I'm having a girl, will know in less than two weeks but after the nightmare naming ds was due to my husband I refuse to bring names up until I know what sex to argue about. I don't need to be arguing about two different sex names just one so I am waiting. Right now I am feeling Natalie, Caitlin or Clara. If we have a boy I'll shoot myself (not really) but naming ds was so difficult. My husband is 100 italian and a first boys name was so important to him but every name I brought up he shot down. I went through lists like it was my part time job. I finally settled on Nicholas and I love it, it fits him perfect but my husband didn't officially agree till we had him but honestly there was no back up plan and everyone at work had been calling him nicholas for months in my belly. I finally made him go through the huge ss list of 1000 names and he came away with keith and nicholas and I was not going with keith
  • @livin541 - I love Bennett! I also love Roman, but don't have the guts to use it. It's an awesome name though.

@ChristinaWild - Love Elliott for a girl! It reminds me of Scrubs, which is a very positive connotation :)

@Yiggle09 - Of your girl names, I love Clara! It's a strong, classic name that you don't hear too often these days. Also love Nicholas (I'm a bit biased, as that's DS's name) :) 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• chickyclgchickyclg member
    edited December 2016
    h&pmomma said:
    h&pmomma said:

One day I'll get on the actual computer and update my name! It's that darn & that messes it up every time! 
    I believe if you add quotations around @h&pmomma  it should be able to tag her.

ETA: I did a crappy job of explaining it type it @h&pmomma.   without the last space (and period since it apparently still tags with the space).

ETA again:  "h&pmomma" add the @ in front, sorry for tagging you a million times.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @mrsrep123 - I love Cullen and wouldn't even worry about Twilight. I doubt these babies' generation will know much if anything about it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• If it's a boy we're going with Killian Edward. I have no clue what we'll do if it's another girl.  For the longest time he wanted to name a boy Stanley. Luckily we got a girl last time and I brought him around to Killian since then :)

BabyFruit Ticker