August 2017 Moms

Announcing

Re: Announcing

• We have decided that we are not going to announce to any family or friends. our daughter won't know this time around. We suffered a late miscarriage and don't want to want her too excited until we are well into the pregnancy. 
  • I am amazed at how many people are waiting. 

We we have experienced a loss, which makes me want to share the news sooner! 
    I waited until 13 weeks with my first, and we lost the baby the next day. It was hard, but I was so grateful for all the support I received. For my second, we shared the news sooner to family and friends. This time, we plan to do the same. My parents already know, and we are trying to find a cute way to tell my inlaws. (I am thinking of stealing some of these great ideas!) 

• Loading the player...
  • Kudlica27 said:
    I am amazed at how many people are waiting. 

We we have experienced a loss, which makes me want to share the news sooner! 
    I waited until 13 weeks with my first, and we lost the baby the next day. It was hard, but I was so grateful for all the support I received. For my second, we shared the news sooner to family and friends. This time, we plan to do the same. My parents already know, and we are trying to find a cute way to tell my inlaws. (I am thinking of stealing some of these great ideas!) 

It's so encouraging that you didn't regret telling early. I've always thought that way but when I actually got pregnant, man.. worry hits you like a brick!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • belmont1785belmont1785 member
    edited December 2016
    Love all your ideas here.

I still can't decide how to tell our family but we want to do it at Christmas so we can do it in person. We see in laws on Christmas eve and I'll be almost 8 weeks. We go to my families the week after. I'm thinking about decorating an ornament somehow with a cute saying.

We got our BFP on Thanksgiving day so that will always be special to me as our little thankful secret. We are so excited.
  • My hubby is in Honduras on a mission trip with our oldest DD (10). I told him the same day I got my first BFP. My good friend and neighbor knows. None of my children know yet. I bought a long sleeve onesie and some fabric paint. I put the words "big sister" on it and will give it to my youngest as a birthday present when DH and DD return. Her first Birthday is Dec 14 but they will open it the 17 th. It won't take long for them to figure it out and for the squeals of delight to begin! Babies are a blessing in our home and this LO will be greeted with much love and joy.
  • @NYTino24 oh my goodness stop! That is all just too adorable and I loved every moment of reading that! I'm sure it made waiting those few days to tell him worth it! 
  • edited December 2016
    How early have people announced? I will be 6 weeks on Christmas and the only reason I found out early is because my husband wanted me to take a test because I've been so up and down...he was right (and usually is at guessing when it's that time of the month before I know so no shocker there). We had a MC at 6wks back in October though and he told my brother when we were expecting then because he can't keep a secret. Is Christmas too soon? This will be our first little one
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    mrs.ashworth522 (tag won't work until you remove the . on The Knot) It depends on if you are willing to risk having to retell people if you have a MC. Most recommendations are to wait until 12-14 weeks (after first trimester) because the chance of a MC decreases then. We are going to tell DH's family on Christmas (6 weeks for me too) and I have already told my BFFs and two of my 4 sisters who live out of state. I would talk to them if anything happened anyway. We will wait until New Years for our big group of friends (if all goes well) since although I don't drink much, and sometimes not at all, I think it will be weird to not tell or have to explain on NYE (if I'm feeling okay and up for being out at midnight at that point). We won't go official at work and with everyone else until second trimester (which for me starts Feb. 13 - we will probably do a corny Valentine's Day announcement). This was helpful: https://www.yourduedate.com/
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • NxyNxy member
    edited December 2016
    It's all about who you're comfortable with knowing should the worst happen. I told the people I'd need support from and that's it so far. If you want to tell everyone the day you get your BFP that's your call. Some people just wait becuase after the first tri your chances of a loss go down. 

Eta: removed incorrect tag.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How early have people announced? I will be 6 weeks on Christmas and the only reason I found out early is because my husband wanted me to take a test because I've been so up and down...he was right (and usually is at guessing when it's that time of the month before I know so no shocker there). We had a MC at 6wks back in October though and he told my brother when we were expecting then because he can't keep a secret. Is Christmas too soon? This will be our first little one
    With my first, we told family at 4 weeks and announced on FB at 5 weeks. I don't personally feel the "just in case you have a miscarriage" reasoning for waiting makes sense for me, only because I can't imagine having to pretend not to be distraught around others should that happen. I think I would want to be able to grieve openly with tons of support. I can totally see how others who have more private personalities would want to wait, though. I believe the life in my tummy is already a full human with an eternal soul, so I want to allow others to celebrate him/her with me!

This time, we will be announcing to DH's family Friday (5 weeks, 3 days) and my family Saturday, and the world probably Sunday. Mostly because that is when family gatherings are occurring. I've almost spilled the beans 3 times already, so hopefully I can make it until the end of the week!
  • I'm 6 weeks 4 days now. Both of our families and all of our close friends have known since Thanksgiving. We're trying to wait till 12 weeks to announce on FB, but I might cave and announce at 10 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• rugbybaby said:
    We will be waiting until the end of the first trimester because of a loss earlier this year.  We are a blended family with both my husband and I having a daughter from previous marriages.  We are planning to take a picture of each girls shoes plus an extra pair for baby, with the caption "yours, mine, ours" with the caption changing depending on which side of the family it is for.
    @rachelfozo How old is your DD and SD? I have a DD4 and SS6 and don't personally know anyone with a blended family. It's nice to see another one on here and would love to connect more about successes/challenges/etc.!
    We are sort of a blended fam as I have two boys (7, 5) from previous marriage and this will be his first
    I also have a semi-blended family. I have two kids from a previous marriage DS 6 and DD 3 (4 in Feb). I'd love to connect with more ladies in similar situations! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Two beautiful babies from a previous marriage.
    DS: 8.6.10               DD: 2.19.13

DH: 29    ME: 33
    DH: Low Morphology
    ME: PCOS

Surprise BFP five days before our IUI consult! 
    Overjoyed and thankful.

• MsRiggs said:

rugbybaby said:
    We will be waiting until the end of the first trimester because of a loss earlier this year.  We are a blended family with both my husband and I having a daughter from previous marriages.  We are planning to take a picture of each girls shoes plus an extra pair for baby, with the caption "yours, mine, ours" with the caption changing depending on which side of the family it is for.
    @rachelfozo How old is your DD and SD? I have a DD4 and SS6 and don't personally know anyone with a blended family. It's nice to see another one on here and would love to connect more about successes/challenges/etc.!
    We are sort of a blended fam as I have two boys (7, 5) from previous marriage and this will be his first
    I also have a semi-blended family. I have two kids from a previous marriage DS 6 and DD 3 (4 in Feb). I'd love to connect with more ladies in similar situations! 
    We have a sort of blended family with him having a DS 4 from a previous situation and now we have a DS who's 18m. And now we are expecting number 3. It definitely has its challenges!
  • @NYTino24 100% doing a corny Valentine's announcement. Is it sad I've already been scouring Pinterest for announcement ideas? Some are so cute :smiley:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 that is cute. 
    We are planning on putting DD the younger in a big sister shirt.  We are planning on announcing to H's parents and brothers next Sunday.  It will be really really early, but I didn't  think we would ever have an opportunity to tell them all in person, so we are going to go for it.  We are going to tell my immediate family next Friday since we will have told H's side of the family.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We're waiting until after the first trimester to tell Social media & friends, extended family, etc. our parents we found cute onesies on Amazon to wrap up for Christmas...So excited!!! 

• secicc12 said:
    @NYTino24 100% doing a corny Valentine's announcement. Is it sad I've already been scouring Pinterest for announcement ideas? Some are so cute :smiley:
    Super cute! I didn't even think about a V day announcement for everyone!!! 
  • Kudlica27 said:
    MsRiggs said:

rugbybaby said:
    We have a sort of blended family with him having a DS 4 from a previous situation and now we have a DS who's 18m. And now we are expecting number 3. It definitely has its challenges!
    Same here. Semi blended family. DH has my beautiful SD from a previous marriage. She's 8 and so ready to be a big sister. She has been asking for a baby brother or sister since DH and I got together lol. She is going to flip out when we give her the good news! 
  • My husband was working away when I got my BFP. I found out on Friday and he was set to be home on Wednesday. I planned to wait... but couldn't. 
    I put our 2yo DS in his shirt that says "this guys going to be a big brother" and FaceTimed husband. 
    He cried.  

I told my parents on FaceTime too as they are across the world. 

I also don't plan to wait for 12 weeks to tell people. This baby was planned, wanted and already loved. I don't want to pretend like it didn't exist if anything were to happen. 
    I don't want to "announce" on Facebook just because it's no one elses business but it's by no means a secret, and people who I speak to daily already all know. 
    Everyone knew we were trying so it was expected.
  • We are going to tell our kids on Christmas. We are not telling anyone else until Valentine's Day. 
  • We are going to tell my inlaws next weekend when they come down to celebrate Christmas and DS's 3rd birthday. I'm going to have him draw them a picture and title it 'Brettly's Sibling Due August 2017' and then my family on Christmas Eve. I'm going to wrap a present for the baby nephew (born in October) that says Baby Cousin expires August 2017
  • After a lot of consideration, and persuasion from my husband, we have decided to tell family on Christmas. Everyone is getting an ornament that will say Grandma/Grandpa/Aunt/Uncle (name) est. 2017. We'll pass out the boxes to everyone at the same time so they are opened together. 
  • kcagle0528kcagle0528 member
    edited December 2016
    I'm making my parents and in-laws ornaments with baby socks inside that say "Coming August 2017!" DH and I are both oldest children, so this will be the first grand baby on both sides!
  • We are bringing our dog with us for Christmas and got him a shirt that says "My parents are getting me a human". I can't wait to share the news! I'm a little worried though because of a miscarriage at 5 weeks two months ago. I'll only be 6 weeks at Christmas. I love hearing about all the cute ways to share the news!
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Married: July 2016
    TTC #2: July 2019
    DD: 8/22/17

• jessica&11jessica&11 member
    edited December 2016
    Last time we did not announce to family just our two best friends. My sister is a nurse ad found out. She and my other sister live together so she and my other sister we're the only family to know. We had a m/c at about 8wks. Still to this day my in laws do not know. My mom found out sometime this yr and was upset she did not know. The other day my mom was using my phone and saw something on my phone(pregnancy related) I was looking at. I blew it off and told her I was just looking at food(don't think she bought it).
     This partly why we have chosen to tell at Christmas. I want this child to have the support and love my first did not get. We will not be telling the rest of the family and friends till after 12 weeks. For the telling part we are looking at shirts and mugs for everyone. I saw someone say something about ornaments and I would love to do that just do not know a good place to get them here before Christmas. Anyone know where to get ornaments made?
  • @jessica&11 I'm sorry for your previous loss. I'm saying extra prayers for all of the August mamas here as I have had a loss before as well. About ornaments, if you don't mind making something yourself, most craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or Joann's have clear ornaments that you can decorate and open and fill with things. Then you could make something yourself. And they're very inexpensive. 

PS I don't think The Bump is letting me tag you. Maybe because of the "&" sign. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    jessica&11 I got mine at a mall kiosk and there was also a whole pop up store that took the place of the Halloween store. You can also try Etsy (probably short notice now) and Amazon.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • This will be our first, and a bit of a surprise... We are planning to tell my DH family xmas morning. His family sails, so we are giving his dad a box that will have an infant life jacket and the tag will say 'new 1st mate arriving Aug. 2017' We are telling my family the next night at channukah. We already planned to gift my parents with professional family photos for this summer at their place in WI, so I'm giving them a second gift with a card saying 'the trip and pix will have to wait, if you want the rest of the family to participate' inside will be a onsie that says 'baby x coming Aug. 2017' ...this is the first grandchild for my DH parents, so we're super excited to tell them. My sister has been asking about a cousin for her now 6yr old daughter so it will be fun. Everyone else we're waiting until after 12wks. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • these are all fabulous ideas! @akwr, I'm doing the mugs for my parents. It's their first time being grandparents. It's also their 40th wedding anniversary so on new years day, that'll be their anniversary gift. By then I'll be over 7 weeks. All my family will be there, so that's how they'll know. My DH's parents are already grandparents, when his entire family is together (we're getting together right after new years), we're going to make a big statement, I'll have two plates of food, DH with two glasses of wine, and when someone asks we'll say "I'm eating for two, he's drinking for two".

I'm so excited, I can't wait to tell the world! Friends and coworkers I'll tell face to face, and social media after 12 weeks. I don't want to make a giant scene, I know some friends are ttc and some had setbacks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm thinking of taking pictures like this and turning them.into a Christmas card to hand out on Christmas, maybe even add a picture with an ornament that says coming August 2017
  • Still debating on whether to tell my parents & in-laws for Christmas.  We're going to wait til our betas come back on Tuesday and see if the numbers look good.  But I got gifts for Christmas just in case.  For my parents they're going to get a pair of baby knit booties and a note saying "new grandbaby arriving August 2017."  For in laws we got them grandpa and grandma mugs.  This waiting game is so agonizing.  I wish we can get our blood work results right away!
    Me:  32   DH:  34
    Married since 5/2014 <3
    BFP:  12/5/16
    EDD:  8/19/17
  • My name is Keri so my nickname in the family has always been "Ker Bear." I got this shirt and am wearing it to our family's Christmas. It'll be fun to see how long it takes them to catch on
  • Just got my BFP today and coming over from the sept2015 board. Telling DH on Christmas Day with a bun in the oven box in his stocking. Warned my boss today so we can plan for my ML already. Shit gets cray at the office around my EDD. And then everyone else will find out closer to 12 weeks or later. Depends on what fun ideas we come up with to announce baby #2. Loving all of your ideas ladies! 
  • We're announcing to our families on Christmas. Ideally we would like to wait until after our first ultrasound the 28th but I found this and couldn't resist. Just going to say I forgot to mail their Christmas cards and have them all have an envelope to open
  • lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited December 2016
    I am thinking after baby is born lol. We usually announce after the early u/still, but this pregnancy was unexpected and I am still getting used to the idea. Unfortunately, I work in an obgyn office so not sure how well that would work.I joked about putting an u/s pic on Facebook on April fools with no explanation. This is number 7 so I am not sure what anyone would say. 
  • caitlyn5454caitlyn5454 member
    edited December 2016
    I've already told my mother. This was a surprise and unplanned pregnancy, so I called her crying. I'm going to be doing the "I'm gonna be a big brother!" t-shirt on DS1 for when I see my father just after Christmas. We've decided not to tell SO's family until they ask (or after the baby is born, if they're truly stupid enough not to ask) because of how negative they were about my pregnancy with DS1.

ETA: we announced on FB last time, but won't be this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker