March 2017 Moms
Options

Names!

Re: Names!

• Options
    @aggiejenn37 out of suggestions from @Gators&BoSox i really love the sound of Blythe Elizabeth.  it seems to have a nice flow....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We aren't finding out the gender.. we have two names picked out so far, my DH doesn't seem to care what I pick for a girl. I've always liked the name Hailey, and was thinking of using my middle name. So a girl would be Hailey Mari.

Then for a boy we both like the name Harrison. My dad passed away when I was 17, I thought it would be nice to use his name as a MN but it's SUPER German.. Harrison Uwe (pronounced Oo-vay). Do you think we should try two middle names to tone it down a little or just leave it? 

• Options
    @Niko1e I'd leave it, I think both names are great & the family connections make them extra special!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Leave them alone!  The personal touch of them makes them yours!!!
  • Options
    I still have a nameless baby. DH and I cannot agree. He has been dead set on naming a child Harley Quinn since our last child but I refuse to name my baby after a Batman character. Today we kind of agreed on Scarlet Rose. But I'm sure that will change. The other day he said why don't we just wait to see what she looks like  :/
  • Options
    @mcdonald-bailey Harley Quinn makes me think immediately of the word harlequin so maybe you can throw that into the reasons why not... unless that's the point? I'm not familiar with comics. I love Scarlett, but I'm partial as that will be this babies name. You could always go in with a list of top 3 and see what suits her.
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited November 2016
    @mcdonald-bailey my baby is also still nameless. :'(  Scarlet Rose is so pretty though, I love that!
    We have it narrowed to 4 choices & hopefully by Christmas we'll be able to decide. Our options are Cody, Elijah, Chase, and Cooper. We'll probably use one for the first name & one for the middle (or Easton as the middle, which was one of my favorite names) but we're too indecisive still.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 I love Elijah if my vote counts for anything  :)
  • Options
    ^^ agreed! I was thinking that Elijah Cooper or Elijah Chase flowed nicely
  • Options
    @serenity13 All good names! But I really love the name chase! DH doesn't like jt for some reason, so we haven't been able to have it as a boy name option.

@mcdonald-bailey I think Scarlett rose is perfect!

We agreed on a girl name at BFP of Claire, a month ago decided definitely  Catherine Rose, now we're back to flip flopping and changing our minds to Natalie Rose. As I'm pretty sure i warned you all would happen. So, I'm assuming we'll be back to changing again in a few weeks ;) who knows what baby will end up being named in the hospital!? 
    I'm that person that has to order whatever my eye is on at the moment the waitress comes back to the table-the longer she's gone, the more my mind changes. Sadly-it's the same with naming babies. What ever my favorite is day of hospital will be the pick ;) haha
    Oh, and I'm the one whose tech was only 90% on gender, so watch after all of this it's a boy.

• Options
    Still trying to convince DH about Dashiell... it'll probably be either Dashiell Ronan or Atticus Ronan. I think we're just going to have to start using them a bit. Mostly so I can convince him Dashiell is great. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @kjd291 I'm the same way at restaurants! my best friend and I figured out a solution though of ordering the top 2-4 choices and sharing everything lol.

@datalover13adore Dashiell... cummon hubby!
  • Options
    @Gators&BoSox oooh, genius! I like your style! 
  • Options
    Bringing this back because I need help. DH isn't suggesting names, so it's become clear that I get to figure out our little girls name and he will agree or not. Third tri is here, and I'm starting to panic!

I have a family name I really want to use, but as a middle name because I don't like it as a first name. I'm having a tough time coming up with anything that goes well with it though. The women in my family who have it didnt have a middle name. 

Any ideas to go with Janetta? We tend to go for classic names, and our last name is one syllable starting with a hard "c." First name needs to have at least two syllables to offset the last name. 

Isabelle/Isabella 
    Ivy
    Loved Sophia or Sophie, but we already have a niece with that name. 

Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    @Happyhiker I think Ivy Janetta sounds good together! 
  • Options
    Ivy and Isabelle are both lovely! Also suggesting:

Annabelle
    Alice
    Gabrielle
    Catherine
    Eleanor
    Lillian
    Natalie
    Abigail
    Madeline
    Mia

• Options
    I also like Ivy Janetta! Very pretty!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, great suggestions! 
  • Options
    We had sort of gotten down to about 10 names we liked with a few that seemed to be more front runners than others. But now we're back to a giant list. Our last name is semi common in that unless we pick a really unique name our child will not be the only person in the world with that name. We don't want him to be one of 5 kids in his class with the same name but also don't want something too trendy (I always am thinking "how is this name going to look on a resume"). Any help narrowing down these?

Cameron
    Hudson
    Theodore
    Harrison
    Franklin
    Emerson
    Griffin
    Cooper
    Connor
    Edison
    Rowan
    Barrett
    Arthur
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited December 2016
    @pandalily I'm in the same position, finding our list to be expanding rather than shrinking lately... Cooper & Edison are on my list too so I'm a fan of both of those the most! Griffin also! Cameron is a great name too, but DH has a good friend with that name or else we might have it on our list too. Have you looked up the ssa site by your state for popularity rankings? I also have done the resume thing haha...good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandalily I love your list. Top 5 in my personal opinion:

1. Harrison
    2. Cameron
    3. Edison
    4. Emerson
    5. Theodore (I love the nn Teddy)
  • Options
    Thanks @serenity13 and @Gators&BoSox! I did look up the ssa popularity for some of the names but not recently. Gators those are definitely some of the ones that have stayed in the top running!! Not that it should make a huge difference but one of my sorority sisters just had a little boy named Theodore and calls him Teddy; I think I like Theo as a nn. But regardless I probably won't ever see her anyways and DH doesn't know her I let myself like it more. 
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandalily If this LO happens to pop out a boy, our favorite is Theodore! So I'm a little biased ;) I think its classic, and grows well with age with options of teddy, Theo, and ted depending on your, DH, and his preference as he gets older 
  • Options
    @pandalily here's a snip of the name tool I made with those names so you can kind of see how they trend over the past 15 years! Colors are a little hard to differentiate, you can look them all up here if you want to see better. I love Connor and Theodore myself. :)

Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @pandalily I love your list! Theodore was our choice for a while but I think we're set on Arthur now. We have a Henry (plus two girls) already. Reasons for choosing Arthur over Theodore, for us, included anticipated trendiness/popularity of Theodore, plus feeling like he would need to go primarily by a nickname. Nothing wrong with nicknames, but as a Rebecca who is only EVER called Becky, I don't want the given name I love to "get lost." If that makes sense.
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Options
    OMG @datalover13 you are a genius! (and totally living up to your username lol). Totally going to play around on that website thank you!!

@Faith1318 hmm that is true. I totally understand...I'm a Rebecca too! But I always go by Rebecca for work/professional related functions and Becca to all my friends/family. 
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we are going back and forth between Cohen William and Emmett William. 

my husband is THE WORST person to name a baby with...talk about name associations!
  • Options
    @kennas88 I like Cohen
  • Options
    @kennas88 i love both options.. have you tried the yell test?
  • Options
    @kennas88 - I like Emmett! If you haven't already, you may want to google the significance of the surname Cohen in the Jewish faith. 
  • Options
    We finally decided on Atticus Ronan. I was never going to talk DH into Dashiell, unfortunately. Plus any time you'd ask DS what his brother's name is he says "At-kiss", so he decided for us. I'm such a nickname person though, I'm having a little trouble. Was thinking about Ty, I'm sure Atti will get used.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Alegris25 said:
    We decided on Lyla Caroline for our little girl. I always remember seeing Lyla spelled that way but everyone I talk to has a different version so we went with the one we like the most. The only one that auto correct doesn't try to fix is Lila. Lylah, Lyla, and Lilah all have red squiggly lines under them lol

My daughters name is Lyla. so I'm partial but I love that spelling. I always have that problem with auto correct. such a cute name Lyla Caroline.
  • Options
    @FrancesGrace630 my neighbors named their son Bowen last year.  They call him Bo.  I wasn't sure about it at first but it hasn't grown on me.

DH & I still can't agree on a name.

His pick is Amelia Rose & mine is Evangeline Rose.  I really want to get my way!!

Amelia is lovely but just too popular IMO!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @MrsBinPA I like Amelia
  • Options
    DH and I are on the fence between Cole and Gavin. Ultimately, the decision is mine (DH agreed to this after I had to sacrifice drinking on our Bermuda vacay in July). I'm undecided and hope I can pick a lane before March.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsBinPA a friend has a daughter named Emilia, a really pretty alternative spelling to Amelia, and a bit less common. 

We have had the same two top names for our boy for a while: Harrison and Oscar. Our last name is one syllable and a very common name. I think Oscar is the front runner now. I think it's one of those names that you either love or hate, but we love it. I liked Harrison for a long time, and I do like the nickname Harry, but Harry was DH's uncle, and while he was a great man, and is missed dearly, I'm getting slightly annoyed at DH's cousin (Harry's daughter), every time she sees me she puts her face at my belly saying "Hi Harry!" She keeps saying how this is the last baby in the family (we are the last to have kids) and we HAVE to name him Harry. It's making me not want to name him that and I feel badly about it! 

Other names I liked recently but DH wasn't sure about were Heath and Hawthorne. 
  • Options
    MrsBinPA said:
    @FrancesGrace630 my neighbors named their son Bowen last year.  They call him Bo.  I wasn't sure about it at first but it hasn't grown on me.

His pick is Amelia Rose & mine is Evangeline Rose.  I really want to get my way!!

I had just settled on Evangeline Rose for my baby too! My hubby isn't too hot on it either though. I just can't find any other options besides plain old Rose as a first name but DH hates the nickname Rosie so Im stuck! Great minds think alike! *high five*
  • Options
    MrsBinPA said:

It's been my experience that husbands tend to give in after they've seen all you've been through to give birth! That happened in my case and lots of other women I know who were undecided going in. My husband wasn't sold on the name Oliver, but after everything, he relented and I also think it helped to see him too. It's hard to imagine a name for someone that doesn't exist. Hopefully you get your way!