May 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC!

Flame Free Friday Confessions*

*conents are not guaranteed to be flame
free. Participate at your own risk. Those at a higher risk for burns include the overly sensitive, the dogmatic, and know it alls.  

May '17 labor memes

Re: FFFC!

• Options
    JonesBaby0624JonesBaby0624 member
    edited November 2016
    Mine is that my house is so gross and nasty and IDGAF!  I've always been a horrible housekeeper but it's so nasty right now, people would probably report me to DHS.  I'm a single mom and I work 2 jobs...I simply DO NOT care!!

ETA:  I also think it's absurd that in the NE you have to put your child on a waiting list, for daycare, when you get pregnant.    That's probably more of an UO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs lol it never occurred to me before being on this community that it would be read as anything but Jen Shoes lol I'm too lazy to think of anything innovative without that name (as shoe is part of my maiden name) so I just stick with it. So giggle away! 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo you go girl. You deserve it.
  • Options
    KipperooKipperoo member
    edited November 2016
    @Kipperoo you go girl. You deserve it.
    Stuck in the box! Thanks, lady! I am really impressed that you managed sex in the morning before work...getting myself ready in the morning seems like an insurmountable task in itself most days. High five to you!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    tenfourtenfour member
    edited November 2016
    I just really want my morning sickness to end so I can read through the randoms thread. It's my third bmb and having everything in one post is  taking getting used to.

Eta I think this is more of a UO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is that I have trouble reading some usernames correctly. This is entirely my fault but there are two that make me giggle most days. 

@Jenshoes I ALWAYS read as "Jen's Hoes"
    @bacorrea my mind somehow thinks is a combination of bacon and ghonorrhea. 
    Bahahah that's hilarious 
  • Options
    We are decorating for Christmas in two weeks. My DH is going out of town for training and by the time he gets back his parents will be here for Thanksgiving and they want to do Christmas and Thanksgiving all at the same time so we have to decorate early. I'm not mad about it. 

Oh also we are probably going to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving. We are in a VERY tiny apartment with a VERY tiny fridge and there is just no way I can cook a thanksgiving meal here. 
  • Options
    bacorrea , we are also decorating in the next couple of weeks for the same reason--visiting family members for Thanksgiving/Christmas joint celebration. But I'd probably break down and decorate even without that. I love Thanksgiving, but I see it as a part of the Christmas season. And I just love Christmas.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I always see the word "shart" in @pshaortao's user name.  :D
    Ahahahahaha @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot thanks for the laugh too

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816. This is me exactly in exactly one week. 
  • Options
    Holidays are stressful. I don't look forward to them. We live close enough to both sets of families to do holidays with both (about an hour apart); however, in-laws are not very accommodating and plan to do Thanksgiving at 2:00 making it very difficult to make both. My family is typically very accommodating and will do an early lunch if the in-laws prefer dinner and vice versa. It seems like we always end up rushing through my family holiday in a dine and dash style, arrive at the in-laws (maybe in time to partake in the festivities) and then they get all the down time with little one. I feel like my family gets the short end of the stick. Oh and DH's family is just his parents and divorced sister so it's not like they have a lot of other people to plan around. 

Holidays should be joyous, but the planning SUCKS.  Maybe this is more of a rant than confession. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I realize this is early, but this FFFC came to me as I was reading the Holiday Deals thread.

I am a diaper snob.  DD wore exclusively Pampers for the first 18mos and then Huggies after that.  I only switched at 18 months because I could buy Huggies at Costco and felt like I didn't need the blue pee line any longer. I love the blue line, the soft feel of Pampers and my kid loved the sesame street characters.  In most other areas (clothes, groceries, etc.) I bargain shop.  

ETA: Wipes snob too.  We only used Huggies one and done cucumber wipes.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot, diaper snob here, too. Pampers all the way.
  • Options
    +1 for diaper and wipe snob! Huggies all the way! And we totally use Pull-ups too which I know is more expensive, but it's convenient for us.
    When it comes to holding my kids bodily functions in, I don't feel like messing with the bargain brands and hoping it works! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Word. @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot

My husband thought the big box of cruisers was like $25. I blew his damn mind when I told him it's more like $45 on sale. I saw the wheels turning as he calculated the price per pee but I don't care because it beats doing extra leak laundry!

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited November 2016
    Luckyu317 said:
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot, diaper snob here, too. Pampers all the way.
    Same, Pampers here all the way up to pull ups. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @clebl24 that's my holidays as well, except in laws are divorced so we have three houses to go to each time. It was so tiresome and MIL would be mad if we didn't make it for the main meal or just dined and dashed. It was dumb and made I hate the holidays. My family always got shafted.  So we told everyone (mainly the inlaws) that as soon as we had kids of our own we were spending the holidays at home and they were all welcome to join us there. Last year was the first year and we hosted thanksgiving and had everyone over and it went good. We still got a lot of flack from MIL but I don't care. My family (DH and kiddos) deserve to make their own holiday traditions and memories. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh and diaper snob over here as well....pampers for life! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did disposables until our kids fit into the cloth diapers, and younger daughter got HORRIBLE rashes from pampers!! She had a soy allergy (has since outgrown it!) and apparently pampers have soy in them.  So, if your kid happens to have a soy allergy/sensitivity, Huggies or target brand is the way to go!  (And I suspect that honest diapers have soy as well, because they tore her up as well, but their customer service is pretty terrible, and they never responded to my questions.) 
  • Options
    We are loyal to Target brand diapers. In my opinion they are the best! 
  • Options
    @achays11 - YES! They have worked the best for us, and it's an added bonus that they are inexpensive. 
  • Options
    We found that cloth diapers worked best for us. We have also used disposables on occasion and Seventh Generation has been our favorite. I wouldn't consider myself a diaper snob, but the smell of Luvs makes me gag. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HansolosparkaHansolosparka member
    edited November 2016
    My FFFC- After reading this thread I raided my sons Halloween candy.   

And i I put a typo and have to edit literally every post I write. (Insert Chris treager gif here)
  • Options
    I judge parents who let their kids who are obviously too big into play paces. We went to Chick-fil-A and DD who is 2.5 wanted to play and there were kids in there that were way too big (I'm talking middle school age). Then two other girls were climbing up the outsides like to the top. We had to leave because those girls kept climbing on the outside even after I told them to stop.