October 2016 Moms

All things Post Partum

123457»

Re: All things Post Partum

• My DH went back last Thursday and it went better than expected. BUT my parents were here to give me a nap. After two awesome weekends days with DH at home, now I am dreading him being gone again! Am I going to have a breakdown every Sunday ? 
  • My H went back to work yesterday. I've compensated by having my mom or step mom or someone come over as much as possible. I can't drive and the thought of being stuck here alone make sure me sad! I hate seeing H leave for work :(

Guys, the baby blues are no joke. I feel great all day but as soon as evening hits, I can't stop crying. I thought maybe it was because I'm overly tired so I made sure to get a good nap in while at my parents house today but no luck :(

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • @mrscorker You are right. My baby blues tend to hit in the afternoon/evening too. =(

• @mrscorker You are right. My baby blues tend to hit in the afternoon/evening too. =(
    It's the worst. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• My H goes back tomorrow morning after 12 days off. Less than 9 hours away to be exact. I'm a giant messy ball of feels. I'm going to MISS SO BAD having him home. He was amazing and since this is for sure our last baby it was a really special time for us as a family. I'm sure going to miss sleeping in, until I wasn't tired, and him going out every morning to get me my favourite lattes and being greeted with them in bed in the morning. I'm most worried about the fact I still can't lift my two older kids. They can get in and out of the truck themselves, and I don't have to lift them for anything cause they are older now, but the thought of being alone 12 days after a c section still scares the shit out of me and this is my third rodeo. I mean I feel like I can handle it but still I can't believe the 12 days has gone by so quickly now and it's something we won't ever get to experience together again. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH is going to try to go to work for a few hours tomorrow. I'm trying to let him sleep so I'm just holding the baby skin to skin right now until the next feeding. DH only works a half mile away and I have my mom here, but he is more helpful getting me up and down (though I'm starting to move easier after the c-section). He's also just been super helpful with the baby. I don't know what I'm going to do when he's out of town and it's literally me and baby.... 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Ladies, I am so sorry because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel like I harp on this a lot so forgive me- Please know you don't have to succumb to PPD and all it takes is a short conversation with your OB. This baby is night & day different from my newborn experience with DS and it's largely due to pharmaceutical assistance. I plan to wean off Zoloft at 6 mos to one year depending on how life goes- but I'm already super grateful that this experience with my last baby doesn't have to be the same as the difficult days I had before. 

I will get off my soapbox now. But I care about you guys! And I think all moms deserve a good experience if possible. 

I can totally agree with this.... With my first I had such a hard time with the stress and unknowns of becoming a FTM and really struggled with PPD... And it was bad. Luckily, I quickly got intervention and medication and that turned things around, so this time before having DS2 I knew the possibility was there to have those same feelings and for us right now we are better through medication. I plan on weaning in about a year or so, just depending on life, but for me right now it's worth it. Thanks for your soapbox, I know I appreciate it!!
  • @NoraAurora I have no problem at all going to my doc for meds if I need them! I just didn't think it would manifest this way. I'm happy and loving life all day, bonding with my boy and having a blast and then as soon as evening hits,  the baby blues and anxiety come out and I can't stop crying/worrying. I'm giving it to the end of this week (week 2) which is when my OB said the baby blues should dissipate. If there's no change, I'm gonna go in early. I don't have a PP visit until mid-November. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Hugs @MRSCORKER <3
  • man i wish that when my husband was home i slept til i wasn't tired or had lattes. i was too wound up about getting myself and the baby on a routine for when he went to work, or sore as hell from my c section. :( 
  • @MRSCORKER I'm sorry you're having a difficult time right now at night  :( nighttime always brings out the anxiety and depression in me so I definitely can relate on a general level. I hope you start to feel better soon xoxo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry @MRSCORKER.  The nighttime anxiety makes sense.  During the day, you're holding baby or checking on him constantly.  At night, you have less control, especially when you're asleep.  Being sleep deprived just adds to the anxiety.  I hope, with without intervention, things start looking up soon.
  • TMI but just went to the bathroom and saw I had passed a small clot. First one I've actually seen and totally grossed myself out. I'm not bleeding too heavily otherwise and the doctor said as long as I don't soak a pad an hour than I'm good - but ugh. I'm tired of bleeding already. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 - oh that's not TMI. TMI is that I passed a clot the size of a chicken egg shortly after LO was born. lol.
  • @ibabyloveb87 yeah the doctor told me to be concerned if I passed a clot the size of a golf ball. I was like :flushed: I couldn't imagine that, and of course I would be alarmed, and let someone know. But then I had a borderline size one in the hospital and I remember trying to eyeball it compared to a golf ball and thinking "meh, I'm sure it's fine."  
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • I have been in zombie mode for the past two weeks. Ugh, it's terrible. DD3 has been waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for hours. I even bought a swing to try to help with it. I wasn't going to get one because she is for sure our last baby but, ugh. Anyway, it didn't help. And I'm rambling. 

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @chriscasey33 When I was still in the hospital I passed a clot the size of a softball. It was freaking huge and I heard it splash into the toilet. So I immediately called my nurse because she said call if it's anything bigger than a golf ball. Well, she looked at it and was like "Oh it's fine, it happens as long as your bleeding is not picking up" Well, why didn't you just tell me to call if I start bleeding profusely instead?! So annoying because it was at like 2am and I couldn't fall back asleep afterwards.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

• @owlcup aww. That's scary! At least it happened in the hospital. That would freak me out for sure!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • edited October 2016
    Its 2 30 am and i am about to change my bedsheets because little boys are little boys and sleep deprived mommies aren't so quick at the diaper change. of course i gotta get Robert back to sleep first. 

Sorry... wrong thread.... 
  • First of all I'm so glad the evening time hormonal meltdowns are not just me!! Hubbys been back to work since Monday but my mom has been coming in the afternoons. It's like as soon as he walks in the door at 5 my floodgates open. He is seriously a saint for dealing with me
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan