February 2017 Moms
Options

Maternity clothes

Re: Maternity clothes

• Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for running tights/capris/pants? I got some from gap and they are SO comfortable but they are definitely just lounging leggings.  I'm having so much trouble!  I'm not really 'running' so much anymore but jogging and spinning and my current workout bottoms are all about a week away from going in the drawer until probably a while after postpartum. 

Has anyone worked out in the ones from Target?

I need some new clothes to keep me feeling good and gym-going :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FerForShortFerForShort member
    edited October 2016
    @PennyPieCS I walk the dogs in the ones from target and I love them. I'm not jogging and I'm sure as hell not spinning...but they work well for walking. 
  • Options
    JulesFoJulesFo member
    edited October 2016
    @PennyPieCS, not sure if these are in the budget, but I LIVE in them both in and out of the gym since they look amazing with regular clothes. So, so soft, stay put and fit over the bump beautifully:
    https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-pants/Align-Pant-2/_/prod2020012?rcnt=5&N=7yg&cnt=103&color=LW5LJFS_4247

I figure since I wear them for both gym and regular life, it's almost like getting them half price. Right? Right?? ;-)

For spin, I love these: https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-crops/Flow-And-Go-Crop/_/prod1450100?rcnt=33&N=7yg&cnt=103&color=LW6HAVS_023188

They have a very wide, stretchy waist that fits up and over, with a light compression feel that make me feel supported in the gym. They also make those in a longer length and I think there are some of the crops on sale in the "we made too much" section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Starfish113Starfish113 member
    edited October 2016
    @PennyPieCS I've worked out in the target ones and I like them!!

@JulesFo I have a closet full of lulu and NONE of them fit me now. It's so sad. Same with most of my tops. The only ones I see wearing for a while are my studio pants. My flow and go are too tight on my stomach already.  Waaaah!! I can't decide if I should suck it up and get some different styles for now and post partum... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JulesFoJulesFo member
    edited October 2016
    @Starfish113 I'm not quite there yet with the flow and go, but I can see those getting too tight in the near future. My studios are still working, so I'm with you on that. I would say that the align pant II tights are higher waisted and suuuuuper stretchy. I definitely see those working for awhile and post partum.
    ETA, are we due date twins? 2/25? 

• Options
    @JulesFo Maybe I'll try those!! I think I buy my pants too tight anyway. I like the compression amd how they look, but my WUs were out as soon as the bloating started. I might take your suggestion and go a size up! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JulesFoJulesFo member
    edited October 2016
    @Starfish113, plus since they're full price, you can always return them (the only benefit of full price, ha). They are the Nulu fabric, so really soft and don't cut in anywhere like a wunder under might. I definitely can't wear my WUs anymore.  If you get them let me know what you think! 

• Options
    @PennyPieCS I bought a pair of compression crops from the gap and like them. They have 30-40% off sales on their website constantly so I'd hold out for one of those. So much better than my non-maternity workout pants that were bisecting my stomach and making me look like I had just gotten super fat. I can't do under the bump styles because I hate the feeling, but for full panel they're pretty comfy!
  • Options
    I bought two pairs of boot cut yoga pants from old navy and wouldn't recommend them. They are already piling where my thighs rub together and just seem incredibly poor quality. 
  • Options
    @JulesFo - thanks for the recommendation! I do have one pair of the lulu Align crops and LOVE them (even though they definitely, 100%, pill where *god forbid* my thighs touch :))  I might just bite the bullet and get the longer legging version of the same. I'll definitely try on the Flow & Grow next time I'm in the store! The Align pants are definitely the most comfortable material EVER but I wish they had a little more compression.  There's definitely still some jiggle to my jog with them. 

@FerForShort & @Starfish113 - thanks for the info! I'm hoping to try out some Target ones before splurging on more Lulu pants.  I'm glad to hear they can work! 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll report back if I have any wild successes. 
  • Options
    MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited October 2016
    Here's my highly-recommended leggings (hope this works):
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/51036339

They're really soft and stretchy and I like that they look more like spandex than cotton -- won't get that faded black/gray look that black clothes get. $9! Enjoy!

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
  • Options
    MommaBean said:

They're really soft and stretchy and I like that they look more like spandex than cotton -- won't get that faded black/gray look that black clothes get. $9! Enjoy!

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
    Did you get the fleece ones? 
    I can't do fleece, it would be swamp ass all day. 
  • Options
    MommaBean said:

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
    I've only heard my husband use this term before, and it grosses me out everytime. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MommaBean said:

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
    Lol yeah, the ones in the link. Even when it's cool out? The weather has startled to turn here and I was comfortable. 
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    MommaBean said:

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
    Lol yeah, the ones in the link. Even when it's cool out? The weather has startled to turn here and I was comfortable. 
    Cool here is like mid eighties lol 
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    MommaBean said:

ETA @Gretchypoo ^^
    Cool here is like mid eighties lol 
    Ah. Yesterday's high was around 70°. 
  • Options
    We call it mud butt  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MLRocha said:
    We call it mud butt  :)
    Lmao that's something different!! Rather self explanatory, I think...
  • Options
    Yeah swamp ass is just sweat....
  • Options
    I just asked for clarification...  DH explained it to me as sweat getting between the cheeks and, you know, mixing in...  I guess I never really gave it much thought other than feeling too hot and gross in that region.  From this day forward, I promise to use proper butt sweat terminology  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MLRocha it's not sweat related, just poop. And that's going to be the extent of my explanation - Google if you want further clarification!  :D
  • Options
    I ordered 5 dresses & a top from asos yesterday & they are currently out for delivery - will update when they arrive on whether it was a good purchase or if they all have to be returned!
  • Options
    Have any of you noticed the underwire of your bras digging into you more now that our belly is getting bigger? It's so uncomfortable and driving me nuts! I'm just not sure if I'll get used to it or it will only get worse and I should look for a new bra?
  • Options
    @lfrank12 happened to me. I went out and got a couple (2) wireless bras. Totally worth it!

• Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited October 2016
    @lfrank12 For me it's not digging in, as much as making my underboobs itchy and my boobs just feel more constrained. I wear underwire to work, but when I get home I immediately switch to wireless (these, to be exact. I have three of them and love them.)

ETA: I am a C/D cup and the wireless bra I linked to above still totally works. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lfrank12 I've been tucking the top of my pants' panel under my underwires.  This makes them less rub-y and makes me feel like I don't have to pull up the panel all the time.  Win, win.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Btw, I went from a 36B to a 38DD. Dafuq? 

• Options
    I will not wear an underwire bra probably for the next two years because I can't wear it now or when I'm nursing. 

I just bought a really pretty wireless bra from Nordstrom for 35 bux. And I have pretty big boobs. 
  • Options
    @lfrank12 I already switched to Motherhood MAternity's nursing bras! Soooooo much more comfortable! No underwires and allows the boobs to be separated! My sports bras are even too uncomfortable these days! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will not wear an underwire bra probably for the next two years because I can't wear it now or when I'm nursing. 

I just bought a really pretty wireless bra from Nordstrom for 35 bux. And I have  REALLY big boobs. 
    FTFY. 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So after paying for next day delivery from asos & a tw of a delivery driver not even attempting to get into my work building to deliver, my stuff arrived from asos yesterday.
    i had ordered 5 dresses & a top. 3 of the dresses are awful & will be returned, 2 are alright & i'll keep them but i dont love them & the top is nice.
    the material in all of the dresses just felt cheap and unflattering but none of the dresses were overly expensive so i cant really complain too much. 

@PerraSucia how do you find non wired bras with bigger boobs? I have really big boobs too (ff cup) and have never attempted to go non wired since i was really young & only starting to grow. Do you feel you get enough support?
  • Options
    So after paying for next day delivery from asos & a tw of a delivery driver not even attempting to get into my work building to deliver, my stuff arrived from asos yesterday.
    i had ordered 5 dresses & a top. 3 of the dresses are awful & will be returned, 2 are alright & i'll keep them but i dont love them & the top is nice.
    the material in all of the dresses just felt cheap and unflattering but none of the dresses were overly expensive so i cant really complain too much. 

@PerraSucia how do you find non wired bras with bigger boobs? I have really big boobs too (ff cup) and have never attempted to go non wired since i was really young & only starting to grow. Do you feel you get enough support?
    Totally my question.  Every non-wired bra I've tried makes me feel like I'll be putting on a huge show all day at work.  I'm guessing I'll have to switch once BF starts; but I can't imagine going back to work with these girls bouncing with every step.  Also, I've gone from a DDD to a GG in my last bra order...  I'm nearing the end of my online options and am freaking out a bit about how much bigger they will get.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MLRocha you can get wired nursing bras - that's what I used last time. 

I just bought a non-wire one (playtex 18 hr) to wear around the house and it's ok... I'm a 36G (a little bigger now, actually) and of course they don't go that big so I bought a 38DDD. Like I said, it's just ok. Works for what I wanted it for. I hate bras and bra shopping :(
  • Options
    MLRocha said:

Totally my question.  Every non-wired bra I've tried makes me feel like I'll be putting on a huge show all day at work.  I'm guessing I'll have to switch once BF starts; but I can't imagine going back to work with these girls bouncing with every step.  Also, I've gone from a DDD to a GG in my last bra order...  I'm nearing the end of my online options and am freaking out a bit about how much bigger they will get.

So in some ways I'm just naturally blessed that my boobs are full and about the same size and give zero shit that you can see my nipples when I'm cold. When I'm nursing i wear the bamboobies constantly so that covers that up anyway. 

These are the two styles I just bought. The lace one in wearing in black too if you really wanted to see my boobs haha. It was only by the band size and I'm normally a 32 but got a 36 for boob room. 

• Options
    @Janefelicity There was a whole boob/bras discussion a while back, and I got the suggestion to go on Bravado's website from it. I found one wireless nursing bra that I ordered and is quite comfortable, but the 2nd one I had to send back - it had 0 stretch and I felt like it was strangling my rib cage. I'm assuming if I'd gotten that one in the correct size, it would have been good for work.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I used to be local to this store that sells bras in a huge range of sizes.
    Maybe the website will be helpful to someone needing especially large sizes?
    https://levanabratique.com
  • Options
    Thank you all for the wireless bra suggestion. I picked one up this weekend and it is by far the best thing I've purchased this pregnancy aside from maternity leggings
  • Options
    Purchased Maternity jeans and 2 bigger sized wireless bras! So comfy!!
  • Options
    Target's cartwheel app has 25% off jeans through 10-15, including the Liz Lange maternity jeans. I bought two pairs today that were quite comfy!