September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    @AnnaS930  I've been meaning to ask bc I need to do it too - do you just drop the pacifiers into boiling water? How long? Do you use soap or anything too?  
  • Options
    PSUBecky23PSUBecky23 member
    edited August 2016
    AmMcc12 said:
    Is it bad to put NBR items on your registry just to use the completion code?

Nope. I bought clothes for me off my Target registry.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@jbscmama I usually give mine a quick scrub with dish soap and then throw into a boiling pot of water for 10min.

I totally forgot that we also have the bottle sterilizer that you put in the microwave for 2min, which you can also throw the pacis in.

• Options
    RG1RG1 member
    hejo2016 said:
    I'm going to just go ahead and de-lurk. I feel weird doing it now, towards the end of pregnancy, but feel like now is when I'm starting to freak out. Not sure what to do? Jump into some threads? Hang back? I swear I won't post about my mucous plug. Anyhow, just saying hi, baby #3, team green, 35wks. 
    Jump in all you want! But make sure you use the search function and spare us the details of your MP ;) welcome!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    hi @hejo2016

I was active, then I got very busy finishing up school so I was a lurker, and now I'm active again. Just jump in!
  • Options
    KimmySchmidtKimmySchmidt member
    edited August 2016
    AmMcc12 said:
    Lol, that was the point of my entire registry. I put BOARD GAMES on there. The discount applied because it was a toy.

(I'm a stm and did not share the registry or have a shower. Not expecting friends to buy me board games, to be clear.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just found out my parents are going on a 2 week trip next week.  They are our hospital plan for watching DD (especially if I go into labor at night while she's sleeping), I'll be 37 weeks when they leave.  I'm trying to go with the flow, they will be watching baby for her first year so I understand the need to get away while they can, I'm just freaking out a bit that they waited until the last second to tell us.  When I mentioned to my dad that I'd be 39 weeks by the time they get back, he said "Oh we'll only be 8 hours away, so call us if you go into labor and we'll drive back".   :s 

Pregnancy Ticker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23--how did your appointment go? Did baby start moving for you?
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    Is anybody having a repeat csection but no strep test?
  • Options
    AmMcc12 said:

Hells no! In all truthfulness, I *almost* added a bottle of expensive bourbon on my babylist registry since you can add anything from any website you want on there (and this was before my shower...granted, they don't give you a completion code...but still.)
  • Options
    I guess the two things I want to add to Target registry are semi baby related (trash can with lid and mattress pad)
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @AmMcc12 Oh i've added a toaster, a tv, a mattress pad, lamps, rugs, lol you can use it on anything so why not!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I hate you and your productiveness. I feel like I'm never going to have anything done...ever...
  • Options
    @bibliobebe I was beyond convinced I was going to go way late because I had zero signs of labor, including no BH. Reese surprised me at 38w2d so anything can happen :)
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @COmama87 ee! Exciting for you to be induced this Sunday! Side eye to your husband about changing the oil lol. If I say I feel crampy or anything my husband is all "BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! You can't be going into labour yet" I think because we've been sent to induce each time that he doesn't think that you can go into labour spontaneously before your due date lol.

@Bibliobebe 38 weeks is a good time! Im
    not worried about having one 37 and over. My DD2 was 37+3 and we had no issues. And you never know! I thought most FTMs were overdue (I was 12 days late with my first :s ) but from the poll we had earlier, it seemed to vary quite a bit! 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes, and the sloth! Pretty much how I feel these days too...
  • Options
    Ok so as if my day didn't try to stress me out enough knowing i am going to induce next week. Now the power has been out for 3 hours. Nothing worse then sweating in your own house! Really wish i at least had a fan i could turn on!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @hejo2016 welcome to the party!
  • Options
    @kosmo86 ugh that stinks that your power is out. Ours kept going on and off on the weekend. Luckily it didn't last too long, but my biggest worry was the temperature and the possibility of food going bad. What? I like food. :)
  • Options
    Steephers123Steephers123 member
    edited August 2016
    @yellowrose314 Love the name Amelia! That's my bff since kindergarten's name so my DH vetoed it for us to use, but I love it and would've used it in a heartbeat! 
    Eta wording

Pregnancy Ticker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    So hard keeping up with this thread after being away this afternoon! I finally got through all the stuff from our baby shower this weekend and got the spare room all set up. Big thanks to everyone who thought of my aunt yesterday. Unfortunately, the results weren't as we hoped but we are remaining optimistic.

@jensou congrats on your beautiful girl!!!! She is precious and perfect

@PSUBecky23 glad your appointment went well and all is good with LO. I know I freak out too when my little guy has lazy days.

@LARK81 I have "pregnancy nose" too. Your neighbor is a jerk and deserves a punch in the nose. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    You'll appreciate this @AnnaS930... I am 0.2 lbs from meeting my Fitbit weight gain goal! Lol

the other day my mom was like "you've gained what? Like 15 pounds?" I was like "HA thanks but no..."