September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    JennM205 said:
    Guys...I can't believe I'm about to ask this...

But with all of the sex talk, I'm hearing a lot of "sex and O's" in the same conversation.  Those two things do not go hand in hand for me...in fact, I think I can honestly say that I've never O'd during sex.  I thought that was fairly common.  So either I'm missing something or you women (that have mentioned it) are all the super lucky minority!?
    yeah it's never happened for me either :( totally jealous of everyone else
  • Options
    @Cricket Bug Haha, sorry...didn't mean for it to come off that way but I can totally see now how it does! Sorry to anyone else I gave the heebie jeebies to!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JennM205 Try the spooning position that everyone was talking about earlier, throw your leg behind his, and have him reach around so you get the best of both. I can take a bit of work, but this is just about a sure thing. :wink:
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    My random, I will admit this topic has gotten very wierd for me and I totally can't relate. I will gracefully observe randoms for now... 
  • Options
    DH just told me that he might not get the flu shot this year... Um excuse me!!! :neutral:
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @rock1cherry sorry Hun.  Any of them close or the same?  DH and I are still finalizing names too...I'm starting to fear our baby won't have a name until we're forced to give it one (I.E. Can't leave the hospital without a name) 
  • Options
    Good luck @izzetoot!!!

Hi all! Just doing my daily check-in! Hope you're all well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Looks like I'm hanging out at L&D tonight. My 3yo accidentally stepped on my stomach this morning, and now I'm having a lot of cramping and contractions every 3-4min. Only 2cm dilated, so they think I'm not likely in labor, but I need to stay for monitoring for the next 24hrs. So far everything looks great.
  • Options
    I wonder if there's a baby @izzetoot in the world right now
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AmMcc12 said:
    DH just told me that he might not get the flu shot this year... Um excuse me!!! :neutral:
    Neither DH nor I have ever had the flu shot, but our first was old enough to get it for his first flu season, so he had it. I honestly never even considered we should probably get it this year.  I still don't know that we will though...it's not even necessarily close to 100% effective and I'll be at home with my boys vs. Them being at daycare around other kids. This is the one vaccine I don't feel compelled to do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12 good luck!! Sending healthy baby thoughts your way, and hoping that babe isn't trying to come out too early! 
  • Options
    Okay, so a question for all you ladies that don't O during sex. Do y'all fake it with your SOs or just let it be? 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I usually O, but wouldn't fake it if I didn't b/c H will take care of it in other ways after he's finished if I don't O.
  • Options
    Hope everything went well/ is going well @izzetoot !!! And I hope everything is okay with you too @fireflygirl12 :)
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12 Thinking of you and hoping all continues to go well! Hope your hospital stay passes quickly!

@seitzy3 I never fake it. I've never O'd during sex so no surprise to DH there. He'll usually help me out at some point and is usually successful. If I just can't get into it for aome reason, I'll tell him and he lets it go.

And to those of you who have O'd with your H's and SO's - I thought that only happened in the movies! Lol. (Shakes head in inexperienced shame...)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I've never o'ed just from sex but have never faked it with h.  I guess I don't see the point?  I feel like sex in a marriage is for both of us to enjoy.  I would never expect him to fake it so why should I?
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    So I verified earlier today with my husband that he still plans on going to his live fantasy football draft this weekend, so he'll leave mid-day Saturday and be back sometime in the middle of the night. To me, it's a big deal.. he has 4 days off in common with me this month and is choosing to go do this... which I get, he didn't pick the day, but he has the whole weekend off, we actually could have done something and now I'm home alone with the kiddo for another half day.

I texted him to say "I want so badly to be the cool wife who's really happy for you but I'm honestly having a hard time with how lonely I am. Constantly bugging my parents to fill that void is embarrassing"

I LOVE my son and spending time with him, but I am a person who needs adult interaction, and the 3 days I'm home per week my husband is usually working. We had August 3rd off in common but he had a family golfing outing so he was busy until 4pm.

All of this is just to say that I'm feeling emotional and I don't want to talk to family/friends about it because my husband is an amazing person but is breaking my heart at the same time and I'd rather keep that private. I wish I hadn't sent the text.. he either won't respond or will just say "ok" or something equally dismissive. Blah.
    My husband is about as responsive as yours- I completely understand <3 He has been running errands every day after work- literally just walking around stores, grocery shopping and just looking at stuff- so he gets home 2 to 3 hours after me. We only get 4 days per month together because I work Saturdays- so when Sundays come (our day together) and he doesn't want to do anything but sit around or run errands on his own, I get upset too. I end up spending more time with my mom and sisters than with him because at least they are excited to interact with and hang out with me. I try to tell him, but he acts like I'm nuts half the time- and then the other half the time when we have plans he invites his freaking mother to come along. She doesn't usually accept the invitation, but I get so livid when I overhear him invite her. I totally know how you feel- except we don't have any kids yet- just this one that's almost here.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12 hope everything is okay!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 right there with you- sex and Os don't go hand in hand for me without my help in making it happen. Luckily, DH is understanding and rather than get upset or frustrated he bought me a toy to help. 

@yellowrose314 OMG I just looked up the we vibe you mentioned and I have to get one!!! It looks awesome!

@seitzy3 never faked it with hubby- it still feels amazing, but I wouldn't fake it with him. He needs to know when I do and don't, because if it goes too long without my having an O, he best be all about helping remedy that! Of course, that's when we are actually having sex- which hasn't happened since 20 weeks :( 

@Jabreen love that pic- so funny and so damned true!

@AnnaS930 oh my gosh your co-worker! I missed those stories so much- still hilarious! And to add to the hubby thing- mine is likely taking 2 weeks off when Aiden arrives- but he doesn't get paid leave- they technically take the pay out of his retirement early to cover his wages while he's out, which is not ideal, and finances are so tight he's considering not staying home, which makes me really bummed :/ I hope you get that time with yours

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 we had none of the same names, but he had names that I had on my initial list. I am happy with a few of his names. I dunno. I just feel like Christmas is over and that anticipation is over, if that makes sense? I'm sure it's just fear of yikes we actually need to name this baby now and that's a huge deal. But I feel just a little letdown. Not sure why. I'm sure I will feel better about it once we narrow it down a bit. I do have a few that I like of his and he has a few he likes from mine so I think we are doing well in that sense. It's just intimidating naming a human. 

@fireflygirl12 thinking of you and hoping all goes well with the observation overnight. 
  • Options
    @mamadomino looks like both our husbands went to the same "how to be a dipshit" class
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I keep getting decels during contractions. Not sure what that means, but they just started an IV as precautionary.
  • Options
    @RedMar wasn't it like Dr Ruth?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RedMar--Dr. Ruth is what came to mind for me too!

@AmMcc12--our hospital does that too. Love it!

@fireflygirl12--shoot! I'm sorry to hear it! I hope baby starts to respond better to the contractions. That happened when I was in labor with my LO too... Hang in there and keep us updated!

miserably trying to sleep over here. Baby girl is breech and has her head, hands, and feet all up under my ribs. So uncomfortable and I can't find any way to really get relief except to stand up, which is impractical for sleeping. Ugh. 
  • Options
    FI just got a text.  Now I trust him 100000%
    But who the heck is texting him this late?
    I'm a super nosey/curious person so I'm like dying to see who it was. But I won't. I'll be respectful of his privacy.  Gah.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @izzetoot he is adorable! Hope everyone is doing well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Megan324 to be fair, I get random texts super late sometimes! I think in the world of texting, there isn't as much of a "time" etiquette as there was/is for calling someone late, so some people just text at all hours of the night even if it's nothing at all. Try not to worry!! 
  • Options
    Congrats @izzetoot!! Little Monte is a superstar! Love that once you got stared, he was like "ok I'm ready! Hello world!" 
  • Options
    @megan324 I honestly get random texts in the middle of the night. Sometimes spam stuff from retailers even, so hopefully it's nothing. I totally trust my H, but I'd probably be a little curious too.