September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    Congrats @izzetoot! And hope all goes well during your induction @jensou!
  • Options
    @izzetoot Congratulations, Mama!  Baby Monte is perfect!  So happy to hear everything went smoothly and you're both doing well!

@fireflygirl12 Thinking of you today - hoping things continue to slow down so you can go the heck home!  Hang in there!

@AnnaS930 Sorry to hear E might be coming down with something.  If he does, I hope for all of your sakes that it's short-lived and mild!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Megan324 ugh!  I hope you managed to make it inside to your appt during a break in the rain.   We're currently getting it here on the eastside and it's pretty deafening on the roof.   Hopefully it'll help curtail the drought?
  • Options
    mrsvoorhees-2mrsvoorhees-2 member
    edited August 2016
    Yay @izzetoot!! Gorgeous! And hope you get to go home soon @fireflygirl12

the bump keeps posting before I'm ready!!!

i had a dream last night that H and I went to a concert and he just left me there and went out to deal drugs. And then he text me a pic of a line of cocaine and said, #4, baby!!" And then I found out he was having sex with all the girls at this concert. So I finally got him to leave and asked him what the hell was going on, and he said, "I just wanted to live a little". Damn, dream H, live by skydiving or something!! And then I asked him if he wore a condom and he said, "hmm..probably should've done that." And I freaked out because he was totally getting AIDS from the type of people that were at this concert. Such an awful, but now funny dream. 
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees That is simultaneously horrendous and hilarious.  Why are dreams so mean sometimes!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 sorry E might be sick. I think I might be coming down with something too and this late in the game it would really put me out of commission!  

If I get sick I blame work. This could also be a TW- I had a huge meeting on Friday in a different building. After I was there about 30 minutes they tell me everyone was sick the weekend before and they are just starting to feel better and that I few other people in the building were sick too. UMM What?!? Why would you have the 8+ month pregnant lady come to a meeting with sick people!! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    Congrats @izzetoot!  He's adorable!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @izzetoot congratulations! He's so cute! Glad to hear things went well  :)
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @redmar I sent it yesterday :smile: Check your spam/junk/social tab and it will show up as coming from me, not Facebook.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
     @izzetoot Congrats on little Monte! What a cutie :)

@fireflygirl12 Thinkjng of you today. Hope that you got some rest and get to go home soon! 

So, yesterday there was a water advisory notice at my office because of a broken
    water pipe.  They provided bottled water and it all seemed fine. This morning I arrive to work to find out there is no running water period in the office and they are sending people home. It would have been nice to know BEFORE fighting 30 minutes of traffic to get there!

Any who, I've just arrived home with my trusty laptop and received another email from our Crisis Team that we will probably have no water OR electricity tomorrow. So there is a good chance I will be working from home tomorrow too. What a last week of work...Friday can't come soon enough!
    @geminigirl16 I am beyond jealous of you for being able to work from home.  I want that so bad right now.
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 I was trying to wait it out but it just kept getting worse! I walked into the office totally soaked and my shirt was completely see through llol
    at least I'm wearing a dark bra so it wasn't too scandalous
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees The dream version of my husband does stuff like that all the time. Then I wake up kind of pissed off at him. It doesn't make sense because I trust him 100% and anything like that just isn't him. But he's learned it's just what I do, and usually laughs at the dream when I tell him about it. Just like I laughed at your dream. :smiley:

@AnnaS930 Sorry E is getting sick. Hope it's mild and over quickly!

• Options
    @annas930 the nurse at my OB office said that baby gets some immunity from you from you on tdap, but not flu. :( I'm still getting mine as soon as it comes out though in the off-chance it does help. Especially b/c we'll be flying over Christmas.
  • Options
    @annas930 the nurse at my OB office said that baby gets some immunity from you from you on tdap, but not flu. :( I'm still getting mine as soon as it comes out though in the off-chance it does help. Especially b/c we'll be flying over Christmas.
    She could very well be more brushed up on current knowledge than I am.. in pharmacy school 5 years ago, the belief was the the mother would pass on IgG antibodies to the flu vaccine passively to the baby and that there were some studies showing a pretty decent decrease in baby hospitalizations for those whose mothers were immunized.  Again, research certainly opens our eyes over the years and I could be outdated on this train of thought.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going with your version @annas930 :)
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 I'm sorry that you don't have that option. Truthfully, I prefer working in the office. I am more productive there but with the end so close in sight, today IDGAF! :smile:

I hope you get to be finished soon! I swear it should be required to give all pregnant women at least 2 weeks off work before their EDD. 
  • Options
    I mean I'm getting it regardless, so I'll at least FX it's helpful. I already feel bad that were flying during flu season.
  • Options
    I have been trying so hard to be diligent about eating 6 dates/day since I hit 36 weeks because of the benefits during the last few weeks of pregnancy. They are disgusting! They remind me of cockroaches. I have been chopping them up into smaller bits and putting them in yogurt and choking them down pretending they are grapes. Well, this morning I was running late for work, but still tried to finish up my yogurt and dates and was a few bites from being finished and I threw it ALL up!! Ughhh! No more dates for me. Not worth it.
  • Options
    I mean I'm getting it regardless, so I'll at least FX it's helpful. I already feel bad that were flying during flu season.
    That's kind of my thought as well. Possibility of it helping? Bonus. It also takes some time to work.. so I'd rather get it ASAP before baby gets here and having a possibility of catching and transferring flu to him!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @izzetoot congratulations! He's adorable and you are amazing!

@fireflygirl12 I hope you got some rest and things settle down for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, @izzetoot!  Welcome to the world, baby Monte! :smile:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @Thscary love it for support.  I hope that you hear good news 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Comment from male coworker just now:  'Wow, when you walk you look like a penguin.' :|
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your aunt today @Thscary
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 Aw :( That is a bummer. I keep hearing from so many people who hate dates...I was expecting to think that they were disgusting too. I found out that I actually really like them, but now I have that image of cockroaches in my head!!!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 I looooove dates!! I eat them almost every day, just because I like them. I love them chopped up in yogurt, but my favorite is to slice one open and put a little bit of peanut butter in it, and eat it just like that. Prob my favorite snack! 
  • Options
    @KristinUM12 Oh no! I'm sorry! I just cannot stomach them. I'm glad you like them! I'll stick to my Raspberry Leaf Tea...
  • Options
    @SLou24 oooooo...that peanut butter idea sounds AMAZING!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SLou24 That's a great idea! I just can't get passed the texture and look of them. I have never been such a baby about any sort of food like I am with these damn dates haha I dk what my deal is. Maybe it's just lingering pregnancy nausea. 
  • Options
    @marajay6 Glad to hear the toddler bed was a success! I wish I had recommendations for you on how to get him to fall asleep quicker in it, but we still rock DD. I have no idea how we will handle that transition when we get to it!

• Options
    @camichael84  - we have been spoiled with how easy it is to get DS to sleep. We would just put him in his crib, give a few hugs, and walk away.  Sometimes he would play a little, sometimes he would cry for a minute or 2, but a lot of times he would just lay down and go to sleep. I hope that as he gets used to the toddler bed, we can get back to a quick nighttime routine.

• Options
    If you really think there are great benefits to keeping dates in your diet, hide them in a smoothie with other fruits.

• Options
    @marajay6 Glad to hear the toddler bed was a success! I wish I had recommendations for you on how to get him to fall asleep quicker in it, but we still rock DD. I have no idea how we will handle that transition when we get to it!
    I rock DD too...I'm worried my getting to bed routine will start as soon as I get home from work when Claire is born haha