August 2016 Moms

Randoms 7/11

Re: Randoms 7/11

• SekerambojacmkelleyBookhousegirl @jamiesc58 Thank you all so much! I was a little worried that I had to stay in the bed while getting the antibiotics, but its nice to hear how some of you have coped or plan to deal with it!

@jacmkelley 11 days? Are you freaking out? so exciting!!!
    YES! Lol so excited. I had DD at 36 weeks so this is all new for me, I'm a little nervous about an induction but only because I've read the horror stories. But I'm not passing up the offer because this little guy is huge and I'm ready for him to be here! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @jacmkelley that's so exciting! Hopefully induction will go smooth since this isn't your first! Are you dilated at all or anything? 
  • @jacmkelley that's so exciting! Hopefully induction will go smooth since this isn't your first! Are you dilated at all or anything? 
    Yes, 3cm (depending on the dr 3.5 cm lol) and 80% effaced. I've been at that for 2 weeks. And I had a membrane sweep Monday with no luck. I'm pretty convinced when we were stopping preterm labor and they gave me all the meds that it just cozied him right up. I'll be shocked if he comes sooner. I thought he would be early after all the scares before.
  • @jacmkelley that sounds promising for an easy induction!  I know with my 2nd kid I was dilated to a 3, my doc thought for sure he would see me that weekend at the hospital. But my son waited another 9 days! I was told yesterday I'm at 3, and while I'm hopeful, I'm know I could be pregnant another 2 weeks. But hey, at least we have an end date in sight!
  • @jacmkelley that sounds promising for an easy induction!  I know with my 2nd kid I was dilated to a 3, my doc thought for sure he would see me that weekend at the hospital. But my son waited another 9 days! I was told yesterday I'm at 3, and while I'm hopeful, I'm know I could be pregnant another 2 weeks. But hey, at least we have an end date in sight!
    Yes if I didn't have the date id be losing it. I am ready to meet this sweet boy!
    Yes, 3cm (depending on the dr 3.5 cm lol) and 80% effaced. I've been at that for 2 weeks. And I had a membrane sweep Monday with no luck. I'm pretty convinced when we were stopping preterm labor and they gave me all the meds that it just cozied him right up. I'll be shocked if he comes sooner. I thought he would be early after all the scares before.
    I've been on preterm labor watch so I'm also convinced this kid is not going to want to come out due to the extra progesterone, etc. 
  • Curls919 said:
    @jacmkelley that's so exciting! Hopefully induction will go smooth since this isn't your first! Are you dilated at all or anything? 
    I've been on preterm labor watch so I'm also convinced this kid is not going to want to come out due to the extra progesterone, etc. 
    yes! I feel like getting all those shots and meds daily he's just comfortable and going to stay in until we push him out. I was in false labor 2 weeks ago and since then everything has pretty much subsided. I'm not changing in terms of dilation or effacement. I swear he's just going to stay put. Last night I had contractions for 3 hours - nothing lol. I blame the meds. But at least they kept him safe while I needed them to!
  • @Allisun85 At least that is sooner?
  • @texasmama2014 And I keep reminding myself it doesn't *really* matter - LO will come when he feels like it so marking my calendar three days one way or the other doesn't matter

• @texasmama2014 I read the whole thing and feel so bad for you! I don't have air in my van at this time either and (even though it probably isn't as hot as Texas), it is really hot and humid here in Michigan also. I have to ride with every window open, napkins to soak up my sweat, and the least amount of clothes possible. I wear skirts a lot to work so if I am in the van, I hike them all the way up lol.
  • @texasmama2014 That really sucks. I'm sorry and hope something is fixed soon and for cheap/free. Ridiculous.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @texasmama2014 Yuck! The only thing that makes Texas livable is air conditioning.

But also - a little jealous you knew your air conditioning wasn't working in January. It was definitely early June before I even turned mine on this year.

• @texasmama2014 That is total bull shit.  Nothing gets me fired up more than stuff like that.  I am really sorry you are going through that.  I hate cars for that very reason.
  • @texasmama2014  I had a similar situation to that this year, when I was bouncing back and forth between two auto shops. It was so frustrating! It's a bad situation because each one can just blame any issues on the other shop, but when you take it back to that shop to have them fix the work, they can tell you everything they did is fine and point the finger at the other guy. It is so hard to find a place you can trust. I hope you can get it sorted out soon. 
  • @texasmama2014 I can't even imagine what it would be like to drive a car in Texas with no air conditioning! I would be so frustrated and then probably cry out of frustration. I really hope that you get it fixed soon and it doesn't cost you the crazy amount that they are trying to charge!
  • @texasmama2014 You deserve all the ice cream for even attempting to drive around with no A/C in this heat. I think it's time to release some pregnant hormonal rage on both shops. Fx it gets fixed soon! 
  • Anyone have thoughts on how valuable a breastfeeding class is? We're signed up for one tonight, and I'm just exhausted. The thought of sitting there listening to someone talk for 3 hours just sounds like torture... But if it's something that will make a big difference in the long run, I'll suck it up. 
  • @Mfuller76  never took one. Breast fed for over 2 years.  Kellymom, bump moms, and dr. google carried me through.  However, many women say they help a lot...
  • @texasmama2014 I live in southeast TX and I'm sweating just thinking about it! What a freaking pain and talk about a terrible time to be having AC problems. I hope you can get it all sorted out and fixed soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mfuller76 I'm a FTM and I found the class really helpful. I didn't know the difference between a good and a bad latch and a lot of other "basic" things. I think mine was 2 hours, but I definitely wasn't bored in it. However, I did realize how immature DH and I are because we kept giggling at a few parts and the other couples were silent. Whoops. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish a breastfeeding class was offered at my hospital. They don't offer any classes. I've been trying to do research on my own but somehow feel a class would help me feel more prepared. Maybe it's just because I would feel like I was being proactive and doing something. But then again I'm not working right now and sit in my house bored all day, so it would be a good excuse to get me out! 
  • @texasmama2014 car problems are the worst, and insanely expensive to fix! I can't imagine the torture of driving with no AC right now, I would probably be stripped down naked by the time I reached my destination. 

@Mfuller76 I didn't take a class, but if you have the choice, I would recommend one after having the baby rather than before. I feel like preparing is important, but positioning and latch are so hard to understand/prepare for until you are actually doing it with a baby. 

• @texasmama2014 that's awful! My husband is mechanic and has a shop... he would never do that to someone! I forget what its like to worry about who's fixing my car and how much it's going to cost. My mom always said marry a doctor, chiropractor or mechanic. She was right! Lol unleash your pregnancy hormones on those people and make them fix it for a fair price! Not only is it torture to drive arpund in the heat, but not safe either
  • @texasmomma2014 not helpful, but based on my experience it seems that air conditioners are almost impossible to fix.  When the ac went out on our last car, knowing we could potentially spend thousands chasing the problem, we decided that it just wasn't worth it putting that much money into that car.  It sucked cause while we were planning to get a new car a year later, it made us accelerate our timeline.  My best friend just went through the same thing with her car, and ended up trading it in as well.  Good luck!!!
  • ballofmeatballofmeat member
    edited July 2016
    @Mfuller76 we had our class on Wednesday and I thought it was kinda a waste of time. I have learned more from the ladies here. I wish I would have just read up on the basics (latch, positions, etc). And then any other questions I had, to make an appointment with a lactation consultant.

@texasmama2014 That sounds super frustrating! Nothing more annoying to shell out money for something that didn't get fixed and then get the run around. 

As these last weeks of pregnancy wind down I think we all could use a bitchfest thread. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @kwilliams3402 same here! I was told I was glowing today.. Yeah right that's just my sweat from this 100 degree weather lol. 
  • @squishy0511 - Exactly!! I broke a sweat inside an air conditioned conference room at my husband's office baby shower this afternoon. 101 in Austin, TX today. Awful.
  • @kwilliams3402 I'm in Dallas and feel your pain. I was sweating in my daughter's air conditioned dance class like crazy. Got home and immediately stripped down and walked around in panties and a sports bra for a couple hours. The heat is killing me. And I swear I am ten times more uncomfortable with this baby than I ever was first pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Just now getting caught up on the past couple of days. 
    @kristynmac , No fun! So glad to hear that other ladies have still been able to walk around while laboring. Hope you do too!

@texasmama2014 I would die! I would hurt someone, and then I would die. Hope it gets fixed ASAP! 
  • LWC1112 said:
    @kwilliams3402 I'm in Dallas and feel your pain. I was sweating in my daughter's air conditioned dance class like crazy. Got home and immediately stripped down and walked around in panties and a sports bra for a couple hours. The heat is killing me. And I swear I am ten times more uncomfortable with this baby than I ever was first pregnancy. 
    Us too!!! Idk if you know where Southlake is but every time you post a bump pic it reminds me of a shopping center there where there are offices above the stores and they have bathrooms that remind me of the one you always take your bump pics at! Just crazy you're in the area too!