Trying to Get Pregnant

TTGP Board Discussion -LAST CALL before voting!-

Re: TTGP Board Discussion -LAST CALL before voting!-

• I also vote no on TW for children. I appreciate a TW for discussions of current pregnancies, losses and the like. But I've never personally been triggered by someone talking about their child. However any ladies who have had a stillbirth experience or something may feel differently so I'll definitely go along with whatever the rest of the community wants to do.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @NamelessAria It is always the pop-ins and drive-bys. People who are TTC again in WTO and TWW are always welcomed.

It seems like people are annoyed (understandably so) by the drive-by, Google nature of the posts, but that's not what part of the thread gets called out. Maybe that's just what I've paid attention to or just picked up on.

• Exactly -- I mean I agree that sometimes people take tone differently.  Someone did tell me to go to the 35+ forums or something like that before. Instead of making it a 'thing' (which it could have been) I just continued to participate.  There's a lot of good information throughout all of the Bump.  I took that to be the change I wanted to see... continuing to participate and seeing the good information that everyone is bringing. There are great suggestions/information/experience throughout.  People are doing the best that they can to help!
    Personally, I really like the GTKY parts of the WTO or the TWW threads--- If you're having a crappy day, it at least helps you get your mind off of the rant you just let out in the R/R/CS portion.  :)  I got a lot of good book recommendations from it at the very least which was invaluable.
    My thoughts is that there are quite a bit of rules to follow but I'm guessing that it's for good reason. I've only been participating in the forums for the past 4 months or so so I don't think I'm too qualified to come down strongly on one end or another.
    I do like the Weekly BFPs... it's a fun round up of the week, rather than going through each day (which I enjoy and learn from each day!)  :)

Me: 37  |  DH: 43
    Together since: 2009
    Married:  May 2015
    TTC Since:  Jan 2016

• izza2izza2 member
    Innocent question (and really, I do mean innocent, I'm not trying be a shit disturber), in reference to the idea of a weekly newbie thread - we already HAVE a 'Introduce Yourself Here!' thread. I know regulars are saying that they want to make an effort to interact better but do we really need a second thread to do that? 

I do like @TheJerilu's idea of an introduction though, so maybe we can see about doing away with the pinned introduction thread? I just think 2 different intro threads, plus a massive newbie guide is a lot for a new poster to grasp, and it's confusing.
    I just figured if we had a weekly intro thread, we'd unpin the pinned one, otherwise it's redundant.
    But, I also shouldn't just assume things, haha.

clover28 said:
    Whatever changes we decide to implement, can we try them for two weeks and have a vote after that to either keep it or ditch it?  Or another conversation to talk about how things are going?  I know we are all going to have opinions and not all of us are going to agree on everything, but its better to talk it out.  Plus, I love this thread more than any thread ever (except for the BFP thread because those are badass).
    I definitely agree that after a couple of weeks, we should have a follow-up discussion on the changes and see how everyone's feeling and if we need to talk about anything else or re-think some changes.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• izza2izza2 member
    For intros - when we used to have separate intro threads, maybe I was the only one, but I definitely felt better after reading the intro. Like, obviously is depends on the intro and what's in it - but I usually would recognize the icon and username of the member more if I had an actual intro thread that I took the time to read and respond to (even if it was the generic "welcome! Hope your stay here is a short one!").
    Which could probably just be me, but, yeah. I definitely didn't walk away like "oh yeah new BFF, I know so much now!" - but it was just... different? The intros thread being stickied just seems like a lot of introductions muddled together, and a lot of usernames and icons to look at and I don't ever remember anyone afterward, just because I feel weird responding to any posts there.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I agree anything is better than the intro thread!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • I second @MandyBeeSLP
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • What @MandyBeeSLP said.
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3