July 2016 Moms

U/O Thursday

The points are made up and your opinion doesn't matter.

DH 30 Me 29
Married May 16th 2015
EDD July 1st 2016
Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

Re: U/O Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Putting on my flame retardant suit... I think maternity pictures are odd and attention whore-y.

Agreed 100%.
  • Putting on my flame retardant suit... I think maternity pictures are odd and attention whore-y.
    It's capturing a moment in your life that is beautiful and special. They are for your memories and for your children - at least that's my opinion.

What about the people who blow up Facebook with them?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• @stephweinstein Then THEY are AW - not the maternity pictures themselves.
  • What about the people that post every single thing that their children do? I find that super annoying and AW but I don't say anything. I normally just hide their post and move on. Hell posting about where you are going for vacation on social media is AW. 
    Preach.

• I think it's rude to say maternity pictures are odd and attention whorey. You could simply say it's not something you want to do. Especially since you know a lot of women on here did them... 

This is why it's an unpopular opinion.  NMS. 

• @stephweinstein I think your issue is with AWs in general. Those people can turn anything into a one-man show about themselves and their lives.
  • @stephweinstein then your UO is about aw's not about maternity pictures it seems 
  • @stephweinstein then your UO is about aw's not about maternity pictures it seems 

You guys may be on to something. I don't think you're wrong.  If your pictures are for personal use only and they're a keepsake for you and your husband, go on with your bad self.  If your pictures are for the internet and for Facebook likes, not a fan.

Ha, JINX!
  • Personally I think the whole "photoshoots for every occasion!!!" thing has gotten way, way out of hand. Back in the day you could just go to JC Penney and spend $40 on portraits and you were done. But all these private photo sessions nowadays come with a pretty hefty price tag. That being said, I think the quality of photos is way better now with all these private photo shoots and we are actually springing for newborn photos this time (we didn't do an official newborn photos with DS1) so I guess I'm a hypocrite. Our young, amateur photographer that we usually use is getting good and now charges $300 for the newborn session + digital images. Since I'm heading into unpaid leave, we decided against the maternity session as well. Plus, I just don't want much photographic evidence to exist of what I look like right now...
  • schaze said:
    @thepen15ismighty you are my favorite.
    Anyone who sucks the self love out of any woman feeling beautiful no matter pregnant or not is not someone I like. As if we don't have enough standards be them double in this society and someone wants to throw shade on them feeling amazing. Nah, go home.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• @thepen15ismighty - I took my first "naked belly" shot yesterday....I figured I'd want to commemorate this special time before I get stretch marks. I was going to ask if anyone else here had taken a HDBD picture with their belly exposed too lol :)

Re: maternity photos...I kind of love them and I love my bump but I have gained so much weight (all over) this pregnancy that I would not feel comfortable dropping that kind of money on them. Similar to boudoir photos when I got married which were super popular on TK (but luckily not shared publicly)...
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"