July 2016 Moms
Options

U/O Thursday

Re: U/O Thursday

• Options
    @YeezusButters I love your hair cut!! I'm a big fan of the a line bobs. It's my typical cut but right now is a little longer than that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completely agree @PhoebeJune1984
  • Options
    Sure but in my experience it's always the same people over and over And the information they provide is something like "going to the hospital. Hope I'm ok" which begs for people to ask you more questions. I don't see that as genuinely wanting support. I see that as wanting people to inquire about what's wrong with you. 
    I literally have three people on my FB that do this all of the time. Or they will "check in" at the ER and not say anything. 
  • Options
    danjolydanjoly member
    @PhoebeJune1984Well I guess it depends on how you see it! I post pictures of pretty much everything and I'm not putting a pathetic face either. Last time I was out of surgery and posted a thumbs up picture, all drugged up, but smiling and people were happy to see that I was doing pretty well under the circumstances. But I totally accept the AW title. 
  • Options
    Yessss! I don't like those posts that are like, "just got rear ended" or "going to the hospital" wtf call your insurance if you got hit, go to the hospital find out what's wrong with you and then post. My husband has family members that ask for "prayers" when the grandparents are sick yet they never visit the grandparents. That makes me mad. I hate finding out via fb that grandpa is in the hospital and that some asshole is posting about it just so her friends can comment and make her feel good about herself. I'm all for giving support but when I know it's not genuine I'm turned off. 

also someone in my husband's staff would post selfies of herself looking pathetic in the hospital for "dehydration". She would send them to my husband to show she couldn't show up for her shift. If you can post endless selfies of yourself on Facebook not sure you're doing THAT bad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Speaking of over-sharing.....did any of you see the story on the father who "unknowingly" live streamed his son's birth via Facebook? I'm not sure how you ACCIDENTALLY share hours worth of footage. This dumb dumb lives in my neck of the woods. 
  • Options
    HMcDade1 said:
    Is it just me- OR post what you want. Follow who you want. Block who you want. If you don't like something hide the post and move on. My social media is used for whatever I want to use it for. Pictures, complaining, AW posting or otherwise. Sorry but no one can dictate what's "appropriate" on social media... 
    This.
    I only judge when they post a picture and the background is extremely messy. Not like a little bit, like an un made bed. But trash everywhere, or something like that.
  • Options
    If you care so little for these people or their travels (let alone illnesses) why do you follow them? Unfollow or unfriend. problem gone. I don't get the fake friend fb deal. Just delete em! 
  • Options
    To argue a point about that @TiffRox81 we live in a society where I see more posts about death and distraction, yet the second a video about life is mentioned that person gets crucified? Arguing the two way street with that stuff.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    Yes @Jodi1980 I agree that moderation is key. I don't mind people genuinely asking for prayers. It's mostly the cryptic messages that beg for people to ask them what's wrong that are AW posts. People can and do post whatever they want and that's their right. Just like its my right to unfollow them which I do frequently. 
  • Options
    @thepen15ismighty I hear ya. He should
    own it then, instead if saying it was done unknowingly. Again, to each their own, but that certainly isn't on my birth plan, hahaha!! 
  • Options
    I didn't know he was denying it, he should completely own up to it. I'd have more respect for him if he said it was on purpose.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    rnyland1 said:
    Personally I think the whole "photoshoots for every occasion!!!" thing has gotten way, way out of hand. Back in the day you could just go to JC Penney and spend $40 on portraits and you were done. But all these private photo sessions nowadays come with a pretty hefty price tag. That being said, I think the quality of photos is way better now with all these private photo shoots and we are actually springing for newborn photos this time (we didn't do an official newborn photos with DS1) so I guess I'm a hypocrite. Our young, amateur photographer that we usually use is getting good and now charges $300 for the newborn session + digital images. Since I'm heading into unpaid leave, we decided against the maternity session as well. Plus, I just don't want much photographic evidence to exist of what I look like right now...
    I agree.  I love getting pictures of my kids on their birthdays, so I bought a nice camera and take pictures myself. They obviously aren't the same quality, but we spend money once a year for a good photographer to do the whole family (with individual shots of the kids included). I feel like that's plenty. I might do a newborn shoot this time just cause the pictures I take do not even come close to a professional quality.

• Options
    I think you can post whatever you want on social media. It's for sharing experiences. I just roll my eyes at cryptic messages that implicitly want attention rather than just asking for thoughts and prayers. I don't mind seeing maternity photos, wedding photos, pictures of kids, dogs etc. 
    Couldn't have said it better!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Here is my UO / question for you all then.  What are you supposed to post on facebook if everything is AW?  Isn't facebook in general kind of a AW thing.

I know I am guilty of posting pictures of my kids a lot, but my family who lives far away loves to see them (I'm sure some of my friends get sick of it though).
    Well, that's why there's an unfollow button on fb. If it bothers people enough then they should use that and stop complaining about it. They're worse to me than the people posting pictures. 

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    I find a lot of the newborn shoots with props kind of weird/creepy. Just baby is enough,  he/she is adorable with out wings/crown/tutu/costume, but I guess it's the trendy thing now. 
  • Options
    @schaze I feel like that's just unspoken etiquette!! Bad manners on those friends' part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"