July 2016 Moms
Options

U/O Thursday

1235»

Re: U/O Thursday

• Options
    @LadyFleck  you were so nice! I can't comment on that. So many things wrong that I can't even today.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LadyFleck all the applause for that response as restraint ;) 
  • Options
    Nice try @thepen15ismighty but no, wasn't me. Let it go.
  • Options
    So happy for your update @PleaseSendPicklesNow Glad you found a great hospital that can help you and your baby!  Love the baby pic @MamaBish
  • Options
    @PleaseSendPicklesNow I'm so excited for your family! I can't wait to see your pics exploring the city waiting on LO- sounds like a beautiful adventure waiting for him to arrive. Also can't wait to love tit all the pics of his dramatic entrance and cheer him on as he claims his place in this world! You post ALLL the pics girl! Can't wait to see them!

My UO- If you're trying to censor the internet, you're doing it wrong bro. I love a lot of over-sharers on social media. Honestly I'm way too invested in some people I don't even know because of their over-sharing status. Obviously some I can't stand and block and delete, but some people just have an eye for whimsy and magic and they can AW all day long in my book! Also I post weekly bump updates in a bump album on FB and I'm not even sorry. I know my parents and grandma love getting to watch me grow and everyone else can enjoy my content, unfollow, or eat d!cks for all I care.
    I definitely have some people on my Facebook that I haven't blocked or unfollowed because the drama is fun to watch. Not my personal style to post that type of drama online, buuuut I don't begrudge myself enjoying someone else's shit show if they want to share it.

I'm an AW when it comes to DD, no shame whatsoever. I wouldn't be offended in the least if I found out someone unfollowed me because they were sick of my adorable photos/stories of DD - I get it, she's not as amazing and interesting to everyone as she is to me - but I know I have a lot of friends and family who live far away who love getting to see and hear about DD, and even the across-the-world family members get to feel like they "know" her without actually having met her (from what they've told me)
  • Options
    @DobbysSock my mental image when I hear the word "wound" is closely linked with festering. But I don't begrudge others that use it, generally. Outside of that one commercial because frankly they're just being excessive. 

• Options
    @DobbysSock wound care is cool, Ostomy care/teaching.... I'll pass.

• Options
    @LadyFleck I think I would like your mom ;) 
  • Options
    @DobbysSock wound care is cool, Ostomy care/teaching.... I'll pass.

@BecauseBabyIamAPug  Agreed! I'm actually not a certified ET Nurse/Wound Care Clinician - I just called myself a wound care nurse in that post because it was easier than saying "a community care nurse who does mostly wound care" (sorry elenabrent, that was a lot of the "w" word!). I strongly considered going for my Enterostomal Therapy Nursing certification (which encompasses wound care, ostomy care, and incontinence care in Canada, not sure about elsewhere). I just really don't enjoy the ostomy care/teaching I have to do at work now, which would be way more frequent if I got my specialty, and I think the incontinence piece might be boring. So I'm not sure that path is for me!
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug My husband is in ostomy care/education and he's forbidden from sharing A LOT about his work. I wish I knew how to spell a gagging sound. 

• Options
    I see a lot of wound care after surgery, especially wound vacs.
    A few weeks ago, a patient's colostomy had to be changed, which has nothing to do with the surgery  (ortho case). She was to drugged to do it and I haven't done it in years. My doped up patient had to direct me how to do stoma care!
  • Options
    A few weeks ago, a patient's colostomy had to be changed, which has nothing to do with the surgery  (ortho case). She was to drugged to do it and I haven't done it in years. My doped up patient had to direct me how to do stoma care!
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug , VACs are the COOLEST. My favourite. I always feel so much satisfaction when there's no air leak in the dressing. And the speed people heal up with them is so gratifying.

There's this new product, maybe you've come across it? It's new in my area and I've never seen one except in an education session. It's a disposable VAC with purple foam, and the purpose is post-op for people who are high risk of dehiscence and other complications. It lies over the incision and stays in place for a week or so (can't remember specifics). I really want one for myself after my c-section. I don't even really have rationale for wanting it, I'm low risk and healed up beautifully last time, but I might ask my OB if it's possible. Definitely a long shot as I assume they're expensive and I don't meet the criteria.
  • Options
    Sounds like we need a wound thread
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug , VACs are the COOLEST. My favourite. I always feel so much satisfaction when there's no air leak in the dressing. And the speed people heal up with them is so gratifying.

There's this new product, maybe you've come across it? It's new in my area and I've never seen one except in an education session. It's a disposable VAC with purple foam, and the purpose is post-op for people who are high risk of dehiscence and other complications. It lies over the incision and stays in place for a week or so (can't remember specifics). I really want one for myself after my c-section. I don't even really have rationale for wanting it, I'm low risk and healed up beautifully last time, but I might ask my OB if it's possible. Definitely a long shot as I assume they're expensive and I don't meet the criteria.
    no, I have not seen it. However I am interested in learning more about it. We are having our first residency program start July 1st, so I expect to start seeing new and cool products.  I LOVED working in a teaching hospital, we had the coolest stuff and theories.

• Options
    @MamaBish that hat!!!  <3
  • Options
    This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"