October 2016 Moms
Options

Super Awesome Honest Giant Baby Names Thread

Re: Super Awesome Honest Giant Baby Names Thread

• Options
    knwilsknwils member
    Willa is our top girl name. I feel like it's gaining popularity but not too bad. 

We updated our list. It's almost frustrating how often our minds change. Our poor child will never have a name. Ha

Girls:
    Willa Mae 
    Hazel Grace
    Celestine  (CiCi) no MN yet
    Indy Mae
    Evie (Ev-ee, not Ee-vee) Kate

Boys:
    Archer Vance 
    Luke Wilder or Wilder Luke
    Milo Luke

Boy names are so hard. I feel like there is so much pressure to give them something super strong and important. We find out what little baby W is in 2 weeks!

• Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @knwils Hazel Grace as in the Fault in Our Stars?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    knwilsknwils member
    @LGW2015
    Yes and No.

Hazel has always been on the list and originally it was Hazel Mae. Then I watched the movie the other day and I just love the ring of Hazel Grace. So, slightly inspired by but not totally taken from. :)
  • Options
    My DH wants me to really buckle down and start digging into names, but I'm finding a lack of motivation in not knowing whether we are having a boy or a girl yet...

If its a girl, my mother made the suggestion of including my Aunt's name, Starle, who just passed away this past January. So far, our picks for a girl have been Olivia and Nova...neither really go with Starle as a middle name. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Still trying to get DH on the Vivienne bandwagon. Today he comes home and says "well we can't use Vivienne there's a new baby at DD's daycare named that." And he was dead serious. Ugh WTF. Still not giving up, but I also don't want to spend my entire life worried I pressured him into a name. I just wish there was ONE we could agree on!
  • Options
    We are awful at coming up with boy names and keep changing our minds. Right now the top two contenders are:

Elijah (my last name) Taylor*
    Collin (my last name) Taylor

We also can't decide if we prefer Collin or Colin. Why is this so difficult? 

Any suggestions or thoughts? 

*This is my husband's last name and I didn't feel too much stranger danger b/c it's pretty generic! I just like considering how the first and last name sound together. 
  • Options
    ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited May 2016
    @depineta I like both of your boy names. I've always been a fan of Colin over Collin, but I think that's just because I know a Colin. I know a lot of little boys names Eli, if you were thinking about using that as a nickname, and if you care about popularity. 

I want to share our names but they're so family oriented, I'm too scared of stranger danger.  :(
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Thanks, @ibabyloveb87! Good to know about the popularity of Eli b/c that's definitely the nickname we were planning! 
  • Options
    ecpdvmecpdvm member
    @books&icecream Of the names you listed, I think they'd all be mispronounced ALL THE TIME except for Luka and Sebastian. So I'd go with this.

@JamieK1882 I had a friend named Emilia and we always called her Emi. I love it!
  • Options
    ecpdvmecpdvm member
    @AllytheKid - No Craven! It literally means "coward"
  • Options
    MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited May 2016
    @sjo&thetwins I love it! I've also thrown out James as a middle name for a girl so maybe I'm weird but whatever. I think those names are really sweet. Out of curiosity, and you don't have to answer if it's personal, but do you know your sperm donor? Just wondering if it's a friend you want to honor? I think it's perfect either way. You guys are so ready with your nursery all set up and names picked out! 

Edited for grammar

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER we don't know him, just paid extra money for a full profile with pictures and detailed background in health and history, so that's how we know he is Greek. He came from a sperm bank but is an open donor so if the twins want to know more about him when they turn 18 - he is open to it. And thank you! I love James as a middle name for a girl, it was one of my top if we didn't go with both of our middle names. The nursery is SO much fun to do when you start going. It's addictive, lol! 
  • Options
    For our daughter we decided on Parriella Tesla and we named our son Nikolai Joseph. 
  • Options
    @ammiddleton3 Vaudalynn is a bit odd, IMO
    I kind of agree! Haha! I think the only reason it has stuck with me at all is because it's meaningful. But I am definitely not in love with it! I have no idea what we are going to name this child! :-|
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    Y'all. I couldn't even post this on the baby name board because of how bashed I would get. They are very "girl names are for girls and boy names are for boys" over there. Since we have found out the twins are girls, I have been all over the place with names, except for Cora Leigh. Our sperm donor is Greek, so we thought two Greek names would be cool but neither of us really LOVE any other Greek girl names other than Cora. So then this hit me. 

Carlisle. Carly for short or a nickname. 

I know it's a masculine name, but damnit it goes so well with Cora and our family names and even with the middle name Jo. Carly Jo - HELLO?? :) 

bash away way if you must, but I think since we don't want make our girls made to feel they NEED to be feminine just because they have vaginas, that a masculine name isn't necessarily a bad thing. My wife loved Charlie for a girl, which is the same concept - but it's too "trendy" for me. So I think my heart is set on (and SO finally agrees too!): 

Cora Leigh
    Carlisle Jo
    @sjo&thetwins  I know a girl named Carlisle who happens to be hot! And is just an overall cool chick. I really love both of your names!
  • Options
    Jen1051Jen1051 member
    We are having a girl and I think we have decided on Ruby as a first name and Debra will be her middle name after my mom. :)
  • Options
    anya1994 said:
    For our daughter we decided on Parriella Tesla and we named our son Nikolai Joseph. 
    Like the car?
  • Options
    I love the name ruby :) 
  • Options
    anya1994 said:
    Like the car?

wtf bump- stuck in box. 

Literally dying right now. Nikola Tesla was a fascinating, fascinating man. What an incredible mind. 
    Oops it posted early...  My point was supposed to be get ready to answer that question because everyone is obsessed with the cars right now.  I'm sick in bed, and mobile is terrible.
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins Love love LOVE both of your girl names for twins. Androgeny is totally cool, and it's not like you're naming her Robert. Stick with it - they're great names.
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited May 2016
    anya1994 said:
    Like the car?

wtf bump- stuck in box. 

Literally dying right now. Nikola Tesla was a fascinating, fascinating man. What an incredible mind. 
    Yeah....agreed, except that literally everyone is gonna be all "like the car"

ETA: which is unfortunate because it really is a cool name.
  • Options
    Y'all. I couldn't even post this on the baby name board because of how bashed I would get. They are very "girl names are for girls and boy names are for boys" over there. Since we have found out the twins are girls, I have been all over the place with names, except for Cora Leigh. Our sperm donor is Greek, so we thought two Greek names would be cool but neither of us really LOVE any other Greek girl names other than Cora. So then this hit me. 

Carlisle. Carly for short or a nickname. 

I know it's a masculine name, but damnit it goes so well with Cora and our family names and even with the middle name Jo. Carly Jo - HELLO?? :) 

bash away way if you must, but I think since we don't want make our girls made to feel they NEED to be feminine just because they have vaginas, that a masculine name isn't necessarily a bad thing. My wife loved Charlie for a girl, which is the same concept - but it's too "trendy" for me. So I think my heart is set on (and SO finally agrees too!): 

Cora Leigh
    Carlisle Jo
    screw name board. I love intersex names. Carlisle is admittedly rather masculine, but if you really are feeling it, go for it. I have a friend whose daughter's name is Blake, another with a Noa, and I was trying to get H on board with James as a middle (it's a non starter though). 
  • Options
    @anya1994 I love your names, I love Russian names (forgive me if you aren't Russian)
  • Options
    Totally just ran across this name at work and thought it was adorable. Since I already have a name for a girl picked out, I thought I would share for inspiration! 

Ella Kinley is up for grabs  :)
  • Options
    Totally just ran across this name at work and thought it was adorable. Since I already have a name for a girl picked out, I thought I would share for inspiration! 

Ella Kinley is up for grabs  :)
    I love the name Ella but my name starts with E-L and my sister is Emma and my aunt is Elaine and we're already all mixed up. lol

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    We have Evie Rose for a girl and either Finn Oliver or Finn Archer for a boy ❤️
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins I love both of your names. They are way adorable.

I was watching pipi long stocking last night and realized how much I love the name Anika for a girl, but can't think of a good middle name. Any ideas?

For a boy we're thinking Gilbert or Francis after our grandfathers,  or Emil after my great grandpa. Also not sure on middle names for these.. Maybe Francis Gilbert?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anika Rose was the first that came to mind. You could do Anika Frances to honor grandfather. Anika works with a lot of mn, really. Anika June, Anika Lynne, Anika Claire, Anika Marliese, Anika Elizabeth...
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid What about Johnny Reed or were you looking for a middle name that had a soft vowel ending to it (as well as monosyllabic)?
  • Options
    @Piperella I actually like that, would it sound like too much R since our last name starts with R?
    I'm not too worried about stranger danger, so I'll just post it for opinions

Johnny Reed Ruttman 
  • Options
    Also, FI recently suggested Rue, but does that maybe sound too childish?
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid
    I think Reed would work because it d gives it a hard ending, I think if it were Johnny Ree/Rue Ruttman, that's too "ruu ruu" sounding.  Hope that makes sense.  I went looking through my employee database looking for something for you.  haha
  • Options
    @Piperella I actually like that, would it sound like too much R since our last name starts with R?
    I'm not too worried about stranger danger, so I'll just post it for opinions

Johnny Reed Ruttman 
    Johnny Cash's name originally was J.R.....So that kind of works out! 
  • Options
    We are having a girl---middle name Lea (pronounced Lee) after my mom, so the main 2 names on the table are:

Charlotte Lea
    Elizabeth Lea

My other girls are Lillian and Anabelle and we have a 1 syllable last name like Jones.

Thoughts?

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    @kmvisioli  I really like the idea of Anika Frances. Anika Rose is also very sweet thanks for the ideas :) 
    obviously we're still far out on exact names and have some more thinking to do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Husband and I have been talking about what to name the baby. He's Indian, so we'd like to have a name that, while not necessarily Indian in origin, doesn't conflict with a more traditional name. If that makes sense. His name is very traditional, and many people in the U.S. have trouble pronouncing it, so he'd like his children to have an easier time of it. 

We like Emma, Klara, Vivian, and a few other names (we're having a girl). His mom surprisingly suggested we pick a Star Wars name like Leia or Rey. I think Leia might be TOO nerdy (even if I love it), but I do like Rey. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins - Good call with not posting on the baby names board. They crucified me for Reagan- said it was "unpleasant," "ugly," and "very masculine" and gave me all kinds of reasons why it was wrong to give a girl a masculine name. Literally 20+ girls all saying the exact same thing with nothing new or creative to add... and they're still going! I posted it on April 19th and I'm still getting responses on it. When I tried to call the dogs off by saying "I get it. No need to say the same thing over and over again." Some chick came back at me and got like a bazillion love-tits for it. SMH.

I think your names are very cute and go well together! 

@mommym234 - I know a teenager named Anika Jane. I love her name! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins - Good call with not posting on the baby names board. They crucified me for Reagan- said it was "unpleasant," "ugly," and "very masculine" and gave me all kinds of reasons why it was wrong to give a girl a masculine name. Literally 20+ girls all saying the exact same thing with nothing new or creative to add... and they're still going! I posted it on April 19th and I'm still getting responses on it. When I tried to call the dogs off by saying "I get it. No need to say the same thing over and over again." Some chick came back at me and got like a bazillion love-tits for it. SMH.

I think your names are very cute and go well together! 

@mommym234 - I know a teenager named Anika Jane. I love her name! 
     If you don't want to hear any negative opinions about the names you are considering for a child, you probably shouldn't post asking for opinions, or post the names you are considering in threads that are about discussing baby names. Everyone isn’t going to like the names you like, and everyone is going to have their own opinions, good and negative,  whether they voice them or not.