May 2016 Moms
Options

3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

Re: 3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

• Options
    Good luck, @concreteayngel, we're all thinking of you! :heart:
  • Options
    my contractions were 4 minutes apart last night for a good 2 hours .. then stopped .. mean body
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Itchy, itchy, itchy--it started all of a sudden; I am 36+2 right now.  Reading stories about cholestasis on Google has me terrified.  My next appt. is Monday; I'm wondering if I should call my doctor now to see if I can get in earlier or just wait until Monday (I'll be 37 weeks, which is when I've read most women who did have cholestasis were induced.)  Anyone have experience with this?  Anyone want to reassure me that I'm just being paranoid?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @emma+karen : is it itchy hands and feet? Or elsewhere? My sister had it when she had her daughter in August. She was going to be induced a little past 37 weeks, and ended up in spontaenous labour at exactly 37 weeks. All turned out fine (baby was just a little jaundiced and had to stay longer in the hospital). 

• Options
    @emma+karen there have been a few conversations about it on the board, but I don't think a thread was started? I was tested earlier in 3 tri, came back with just slightly elevated levels, so I am in the clear. There was a mom who has it though. I would call today and see if you can get the blood draw asap for it, it took a week for the results to come back and most docs like the baby to be born sometime in the 37/38 week range, so you would be pushing that if you wait any longer. 
  • Options
    Can we talk bodily functions? I could pee literally (and yes, I've seen the literally vs figuratively posts ;) every 5 minutes. Poo is a whole other story...(tmi warning) couldn't go for over 24 hrs and was having contractions, and every attempt feels like I'm getting ready to give birth. Still having a number of painful contractions every day, but not increasing in frequency. Not sure if these unusual bathroom habits are related to baby just hanging out real low, contractions, or just my body being annoying (or a combination of all). Anyone else in the same boat? 
  • Options

@KidShrink It's actually not hands and feet, more my upper arms and legs, which makes me think it could be something else (I hope).  I was diagnosed with mild anemia back at 29 weeks, and read that can cause itching too.  So maybe? 

I called and am going in this afternoon to get checked.  It's weird because everything has looked great all along (including 3 days ago at my last appointment!) and this came on super suddenly last night.  Hoping it's nothing, but better safe than sorry, for sure!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I woke up at about 3:30 this morning with some strong, painful 10-20 second contractions about 10-15 minutes apart.  It lasted for about an hour and then stopped.  Since I woke up, I have had some sporadic contractions, but not even every hour.  I have, however, had constant period-like cramps (not really painful, just uncomfortable). When I went for my weekly appt. on Tuesday, my doctor did a cervical check and said I had no dilation but it seemed to be softening.  I'm still about 3.5 weeks from my DD, so as ready as I am to be done with this, I'm really hoping LO doesn't come for a little while longer.  I almost didn't come into the office today, but I had an important meeting this morning and I forgot my laptop last night.  I'm debating whether to just go home and/or call my doctor.  If the cramps don't stop soon, I will probably do both.  Like some PPs have said, people always say, "You will just know," when you go into labor, but I have an unusually high pain tolerance, so I'm afraid I won't know for sure. I'm just hoping that when it does happen I'm able to figure out what's going on before I progress too far.  
  • Options
    swflJD said:
    I woke up at about 3:30 this morning with some strong, painful 10-20 second contractions about 10-15 minutes apart.  It lasted for about an hour and then stopped.  Since I woke up, I have had some sporadic contractions, but not even every hour.  I have, however, had constant period-like cramps (not really painful, just uncomfortable). When I went for my weekly appt. on Tuesday, my doctor did a cervical check and said I had no dilation but it seemed to be softening.  I'm still about 3.5 weeks from my DD, so as ready as I am to be done with this, I'm really hoping LO doesn't come for a little while longer.  I almost didn't come into the office today, but I had an important meeting this morning and I forgot my laptop last night.  I'm debating whether to just go home and/or call my doctor.  If the cramps don't stop soon, I will probably do both.  Like some PPs have said, people always say, "You will just know," when you go into labor, but I have an unusually high pain tolerance, so I'm afraid I won't know for sure. I'm just hoping that when it does happen I'm able to figure out what's going on before I progress too far.  
    Oh man, I could have written this post almost word for word, except change 3:30 am to 4:30 am and move the due date up a week or so.

But yeah, totally in the same boat. Also last night I could feel the sprocket's head butting up against my perineum and then my cervix, and I could feel it exerting pressure on the opening (not actually coming through, I don't think, but definitely pushing up against it) and spent a minute or so wondering if I should get a towel in case my water was about to break.

Then it all went away and nothing more happened. I've had sporadic period-like cramps all morning, but nothing that intense, and so I'm sitting here wondering whether that means something is happening or nothing is happening or maybe something is happening but kind of not really for another 12 hours.

It's driving me crazy because I really really need to go into the office to edit and file a Very Important Brief today, but I can't decide whether I want to go in late so nobody will be around to see in case my water breaks, or I should go in now in case I have questions or want a second opinion about any of my brief edits.

aarggh

And above all I just hate not knowing.
  • Options
    codeeye said:
    Today on is it a contraction or do I need to poop...

honestly I wouldn't mind either right now. 
    This is how I've been feeling. can contractions just be the same as "need to go make a BM" feeling? Because that's literally all I feel or lighting crotch. I wish I had a BH contraction since it's 39 weeks and I need a sign I won't be pregnant forever.
  • Options
    @swflJD & @Merciel I'm with you guys today. EDD is 11 days away so if this is it, I'm okay with that. In addition to the strong period cramps since last night (off and on though), my stomach has periodically been hardening and now I have fairly bad back pain mainly on the left side. My boss just sent me home from work after watching me grimace and fight to get words out during the worst of it at a meeting. Nothing is so painful or patterned that I think I should be heading to hospital so I'm not that optimistic. 

@LadySamLady I hope this is it for you! Good luck!

• Options
    Induction Monday for us at 38 weeks and one day since moms bp will not go below 140 on the top. I'm excited and terrified.
  • Options
    So I have tried to search for this.. So if there is a discussion of some sort I apologize...  I have been having sweet smelling discharge the last couple of days.. Is this amniotic fluid?? If so, it is just enough to keep my underwear moist all day so it isn't a huge amount.  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, do you think I am ok to wait to ask them about it Monday?   I feel like if it is fluid, it is a tiny amount...   
    Reading this back to myself, yes I am "that person" haha! 
  • Options
    @VS2016 I'd call the doc. Better safe than sorry for sure. You saying it's sweet smelling is what would make me want to call.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    @doozer1345 I gave in and called.  She said I should be ok to wait until Monday.   Still feel a little uneasy about it 
  • Options
    KidShrinkKidShrink member
    edited April 2016
    @VS2016 : She's probably is thinking that if it's the real deal, other symptoms are going to kick in soon as well?
  • Options
    VS2016 said:
    @doozer1345 I gave in and called.  She said I should be ok to wait until Monday.   Still feel a little uneasy about it 
    Listen to your gut. Are you able to easily go into your L&D?? If you feel uncomfortable I'd go. It can't hurt to find out for sure and that's why they're there. If anything they can give you a peace of mind which is worth whatever it may cost to go.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    Okay this is a gross nasty ass question but...does your mucus plug have to be blood tinged? I had a medium (nickel size) amount of pure white discharge yesterday. I'm 38+4, and I know that the mucus plug doesn't mean a lot since it can regrow. I'm just wondering if that was my plug or if it was just regular discharge.
  • Options
    @JoMunson Nope. It's often just snot/rubber like. 
  • Options
    KidShrink said:
    Can we talk bodily functions? I could pee literally (and yes, I've seen the literally vs figuratively posts ;) every 5 minutes. Poo is a whole other story...(tmi warning) couldn't go for over 24 hrs and was having contractions, and every attempt feels like I'm getting ready to give birth. Still having a number of painful contractions every day, but not increasing in frequency. Not sure if these unusual bathroom habits are related to baby just hanging out real low, contractions, or just my body being annoying (or a combination of all). Anyone else in the same boat? 
    I have literally...yes, literally :wink: ...brought my laptop to the bathroom and worked while sitting on the toilet  two times now because I could not stop peeing long enough to warrant sitting anywhere else. (I work from home.)

The only way I can #2 is with daily colace and, occasionally, when it gets really bad, I have to add a dose of miralax as well. I've now started eating dried fruit as snacks to help.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    kbrands7 said:
    @JoMunson Nope. It's often just snot/rubber like. 
    Thank you! I know we're not big fans of the "is this X" questions here, but when I googled mucus plus they all looked different and I couldn't look at them for too long without thinking "why?! Ahh!"
  • Options
    @KidShrink I will be thinking good thoughts for you!! Perfect night to meet your baby!
  • Options
    Uh, I know this probably won't work for everyone, and it's not the healthiest suggestion I could be making...but I recently accidentally discovered that when I drink at least half a can's worth of Dr Pepper (Pepsi/Sprite/7Up don't work), I'll find myself having a successful bathroom trip about half an hour or so later. It's probably all the caffeine in it or something.

The only problem for me is that I don't even like Dr Pepper that much right now, hence the "accidental" discovery (stole one from my husband on the way home from the baby shower because I was feeling terrible and I just wanted something that wasn't freaking water or juice anymore).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @amberraysofdawn I think I read somewhere that it has that effect bc it has prune juice in it.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    I'm normally the most constipated person ever .. however I find my body clearing itself out about every 2 days lately ! I started having contractions last Friday night , then Sunday night again and then last night again but they seem to not last any longer than 2-3 hours .. I have a massage on Saturday so I'm looking forward to that ! My mom swears that's what kick started my labor last time. However, I felt super crampy and nauseous today but I have a feeling it's due to being exhausted from working and not being able to sleep at night anymore :( 

• Options
    Had to go in because of a bladder infection and they gave me an NST. Turns out I'm having contractions 8 minutes apart that I can barely feel. 
  • Options
    Uh, I know this probably won't work for everyone, and it's not the healthiest suggestion I could be making...but I recently accidentally discovered that when I drink at least half a can's worth of Dr Pepper (Pepsi/Sprite/7Up don't work), I'll find myself having a successful bathroom trip about half an hour or so later. It's probably all the caffeine in it or something.

The only problem for me is that I don't even like Dr Pepper that much right now, hence the "accidental" discovery (stole one from my husband on the way home from the baby shower because I was feeling terrible and I just wanted something that wasn't freaking water or juice anymore).
    I get the same effect from drinking espresso beverages. Typically I allow myself 1-2 small ones per week.
  • Options
    @amberraysofdawn I'm with you. My aversion to the smell has gone away so I crave it, but I've tried coffee twice in the third trimester and both times it made me so sick.
  • Options
    This thread makes me jealous. I've had zero contractions. Absolutely nothing that makes it seem like she is coming anytime soon. Zip zero nada. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh I never had a single one until it was the real deal.  Your baby will be here before you know it! 
  • Options
    proudparent2bproudparent2b member
    edited April 2016
    yogahh said:
    This thread makes me jealous. I've had zero contractions. Absolutely nothing that makes it seem like she is coming anytime soon. Zip zero nada. 
    It might be possible that you're having them but are just not feeling them.  At my OB appt last Friday, my OB said that I've had LOTS (not getting into the whole literal vs. figurative debate) but for whatever reason am not feeling them.

Edited because the end of my sentence cut off.
  • Options
    I feel like I wrote this comment ;) Almost there!