September 2020 Moms
Options

Exercise check in April

Post below and let us know what you are doing. 

Feel free to check in daily or weekly:

What exercise did you do today? What did you enjoy about it? What did baby/babies think?

what is your workout plan for the week? 

Feel free to answer or skip questions or just post how you feel comfortable. 

Re: Exercise check in April

• Options
    Oh man, this is tough to keep up on with the COVID shelter in place orders!

What exercise did you do today?  - I went for a 2.5 mile walk around the duck pond in my neighborhood

What did you enjoy about it?  It's good to get out of the house once a day! The weather was nice today. But I've been taking the same route every day and it's getting old. I guess I'll try someplace new soon.

What did baby/babies think? She doesn't seem to have much opinion either way lol

what is your workout plan for the week? Trying to get at least 6,000 steps every day. The days I have my kids it's pretty easy, we stay so busy, but days like today when it's just me and DH... I don't move from the couch much!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 that’s great! 

We went for a walk yesterday too. It was so nice out! Plan to go for a walk today too. 

I have an at home “gym” so the at home orders shouldn’t have impact on my routine. I just need to get back to it. For me I just need to get past the anatomy scan. So a few more weeks and I hope to have a more regular workout schedule. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What exercise did you do today? None yet as it’s 3am haha. But I’ve been doing Zumba this past week. 

What did you enjoy about it? Getting my blood flowing- and that it was a short 10min which is all I can usually fit in with a toddler

What did baby/babies think? Pregnancy wise I forget I’m pregnant often and doesn’t affect my workout at this point. My toddler was screaming at me about her breakfast. 

what is your workout plan for the week?  Keeping up a 10-30min workout every day. 

I miss going to dance class and should be in much better shape because I originally was supposed to be performing this week. So I’m just trying to not become completely out of shape (but failing) 
  • Options
    I was doing Pilates 2-3x a week until schools closed. From the stay-at-home until about 2 days ago, I’ve been doing almost nothing.

Now, I’m starting to walk again at least 30 minutes a day. My Pilates studio is starting up online classes also. Hoping to take 2-3 classes/week, just as soon as I can figure out a place to set up my mat and a way to keep my toddler busy.

Spring weather can be really unpredictable where I live so I’m definitely going to have to get creative in our current space.
  • Options
    I have been trying to do something 4x a week. It hasn’t been easy with DS1&2. We have a treadmill that we got for Christmas but I end up getting off and on over and over again because I have to comfort one, break up an argument, etc.
    I would love to walk outside with them in the stroller, but combining them and the stroller I’m pushing 80+ pounds and there are only hills where I live. It’s so hard!

I love getting the exercise in. I feel better, it’s been a run/walk HIIT for about 30 minutes. 
    Baby seems fine but the rlp is real during the running.

I plan on doing 30-40 min 3-4 days a week. I have 2 hours of exercise a week goal in my head for some reason.

Anybody use a belt? I carry big and my last pregnancy was low the whole time. I didn’t run at all last pregnancy and stopped at 20 weeks with my first. I like the running and don’t want to stop yet. I think a belt might help.
  • Options
    @itsmehere1212 I get it with the young ones interrupting workouts. I always had to remind myself at least I moved today and even if I had to pause what seems like a million times I did what I could. 
  • Options
    Did a prenatal workout today it was about 25 minutes. I feel out of shape lol
  • Options
    I wasn't into pilates before getting KU but I am into it now! I especially love the pilates mat workouts that partially occur while laying down 😆. 

@itsmehere1212 I think a belt would help! I haven't tried one yet but I'm sure I will soon. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise after my workout today I think one is going to be necessary. My second pregnancy was very low and this kid feels even lower.

@ktholysz I feel so out of shape every time I exercise these days. I did a prenatal video yesterday and my whole body is sore today. It hurts so bad!
  • Options
    I went for a run tonight and couldn't get over the round ligament pain! I carry fairly large due unresolved diastasis recti following my first, but have just started experiencing round ligament pain (never did with my son). I am a group fitness instructor on the side, but since the pandemic and not being able to teach I haven't been working out quite the same. Thought I'd go for a jog tonight since it was finally warm enough, but only got about 5 mins in before I was in fairly bad pain. Had to half assed jog/walk the remainder of my sad little run ... frustrating because I had so much more in me but that pain is real!

Anybody else suffer from this? I mostly have been working out at home so don't really want to buy a belt, but wondering if this will pass or if jogging is not in my pregnancy future. 
  • Options
    @megsmcp I don’t run but my sister did for a little bit she 30 weeks. She said she’d get migraines and hip pain. She just switched to prenatal workouts. 

What workouts at home are you doing? I’m not loving the prenatal ones I’m trying. I’m used to weight lifting and hiit. 
  • Options
    I’m going on a short 1 mile walk in the mornings- which is more to get my daughter to the grassy park to run around than to workout. And then I try to squeeze in at least another 10-15min mini workout video (usually using amazon prime). It all varies on what video I click on that day. Not doing specific prenatal ones at this point- just modifying where needed. I also am still teaching a few dance classes via zoom- but that is no where near the same as teaching in the studio. 

Pregnancy plus quarantine is going to make me very out of shape..
  • Options
    @ktholysz I actually teach BodyStep and BodyFlow/BodyBalance (Les Mills programs... not sure how well known they are outside of Canada and the UK) so I've been doing those at home. 
  • Options
    @megsmcp I have heard of Les Mills I do beachbody on demand and my two favorite trainers did Les Mills videos back in the day. I’ve always been interested in checking it out. 
  • Options
    @ktholysz I’m not sure about the other prenatal workouts, but I use glowbody PT. She’s pretty casual. It’s her in her house and her kids are running around in the video. I found her on YouTube, her videos are free and she keeps your heart rate up while incorporating weights. I get a good sweat and burn from her and she keeps them short. 🙌
  • Options
    @itsmehere1212 I’ll have to check that one out! I’ve been walking and I lift my 2.5 year old all the time lol I’d still like a little workout to have some me times. 
  • Options
    I did this today! I got it from Emily sky fitness on Instagram she is 32 weeks pregnant. 

• Options
    linz36linz36 member
    @ktholysz Thanks for the info...I just followed her on instagram (after I creepily requested to follow someone else with a very similar name lol). Maybe this will motivate me to actually do something.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Lol @linz36 I found even tho my fitness level 20 weeks ago was much higher than now this one gave me a good quick sweat! Plan to do it again tomorrow!