October 2016 Moms
Options

Are you feeling movements yet?

Re: Are you feeling movements yet?

• Options
    Ok I think I felt it! I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. Last night I felt very light flutters in my lower left abdomen when lying down.  Today in the car, I felt that light rolling sensation just inside my central lower abdomen.  I am a first-time mom, so have nothing to compare it to, but it didn't feel like hunger, gas, or anything I have felt before! 

This came at a really needed time. Unfortunately I just received notice from one of my long time clients that she no longer wants to work with me because she feels too "triggered by my pregnancy." She and her husband have been trying to conceive for two years, so I can certainly have compassion that it might be difficult for her to be around pregnant women right now. Yet, she is not leaving peacefully but asking for money back for services she has already used  and making up all kinds of other hurtful, untrue things.  It feels like she is lashing out from her pain. Anyway, I'm sorry, I don't mean to bring drama into this post.  I just had such a hard time sleeping last night thinking about this situation and even having nightmares about this woman cursing my baby or trying to steal the baby after he is born.  Then I felt those movements and it was the best possible distraction! 
  • Options
    WildMama said:
    Ok I think I felt it! I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. Last night I felt very light flutters in my lower left abdomen when lying down.  Today in the car, I felt that light rolling sensation just inside my central lower abdomen.  I am a first-time mom, so have nothing to compare it to, but it didn't feel like hunger, gas, or anything I have felt before! 

This came at a really needed time. Unfortunately I just received notice from one of my long time clients that she no longer wants to work with me because she feels too "triggered by my pregnancy." She and her husband have been trying to conceive for two years, so I can certainly have compassion that it might be difficult for her to be around pregnant women right now. Yet, she is not leaving peacefully but asking for money back for services she has already used  and making up all kinds of other hurtful, untrue things.  It feels like she is lashing out from her pain. Anyway, I'm sorry, I don't mean to bring drama into this post.  I just had such a hard time sleeping last night thinking about this situation and even having nightmares about this woman cursing my baby or trying to steal the baby after he is born.  Then I felt those movements and it was the best possible distraction! 
    Some women feed off other people's stress and sadness she may be trying to make you feel bad for her loss. Don't let it get to you mean people suck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been feeling out little Alien I have been eating alot of Oranges because I caught a super cold from one of my other children. Since all I can take is Benedryl and halls I've been trying to kill it with vitamin C  every time I eat one it's like a rolling bubble. I hate the time in pregnancy between when the symptomes end and before you feel the baby it when you don't know what's going on inside the most. 
  • Options
    With my first I wasn't sure I was feeling movement until about 19 weeks. With the second it was right about 15-16, so it should be coming soon.

And just think, pretty soon we'll all be griping about getting kicked under the ribs while we're trying to sleep! Not actually looking forward to that very much, tbh.
  • Options
    I am 14 weeks with my 3rd and I swear I have felt him move a few times.
  • Options
    WildMama said:

yikes....I'd be thinking about how to put together a no-contact order
  • Options
    I'm so happy for all of you! I can't wait til I can feel little one... getting kinda desperate even though I know it's still early (16wk tomorrow). If I can get in for an US this week to make up for my missed one last week I'll feel better. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    I have this crazy theory that I would like to run by you guys. So, I started feeling flutters around 12 weeks. During that time, I've also noticed that I will have a strand of days where everything feels super tight in my tummy, like there isn't enough room for my big ole' ute. Then I have an overnight bump growth spurt and suddenly it feels like I have "room" in there again. I've noticed I only feel her before the growth spurts. When things are feeling tight. When my bump sticks out and I'm feeling more roomy in there, I don't feel her.

So my crazy, unscientific theory is that I'm only feeling her when my bump is in need of a growth spurt. At those times, everything is in close quarters and it's easier to feel her. When my belly grows to accommodate and makes more room, it's harder to feel her. It really is my way of not panicking about days when I don't feel her and justifying that "omg, my belly feels like I ate 10 thanksgiving dinners" feeling that I get some days. It's crazy..... I know. 

• Options
    I felt him move for the first time yesterday! Hopped in the shower and I was staring at my stomach and saw that it was bigger on the left side and then it moved to the right side. Put my hands on it and it moved acrossed again and I felt little flutters! So amazing.
  • Options
    @strickland8052
    This hasn't been a trend for me but one of my reasons why I felt so fluttery a few weeks ago and not now was that maybe the baby grew faster than the amniotic fluid and had less cushion at that time... who knows. 

• Options
    I've possibly felt the baby a couple times the last two days. STM, about 15w. It seems early, but I felt my son at 17 weeks so maybe not! To the PP that asked about others feeling it, MH felt our son move at 19 weeks so two weeks after I started to feel movement.
  • Options
    still only felt flutters at my early glucose screen. I feel weird in there now but no flutters. 
  • Options
    Saw my OB today and she said based on where baby is (very low), I probably won't feel anything for another month or so. But that heartbeat sure is reassuring! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've got an anterior placenta according to the elective scan people. I'm feeling small bubble popping sensations so i'm not sure if that is baby. It doesn't feel like gas, but I didn't feel any of the brushing sensations I got with DS, but that could be just the placenta/positon, she is still in there pretty low.

i'm 15 weeks now, and I remember initial feelings between 18-20 weeks with DS and major violent kicks around 22 weeks. I know in just a month or two I'll be telling baby to calm the heck down and stop hiccuping directly on my hip bone.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    This is my first and I have an anterior placenta, so nothing yet but I'm hoping soon!
  • Options
    I definitely felt movement at about 15 weeks. It was a huge flutter feeling. Almost as if a butterfly was in my tummy. I haven't felt it since, but I think baby knew it was my birthday ;) I'm a first time mom but have never felt anything like that before. I just knew it was baby. I'm looking forward to finally being able to feel it regularly. I'll be 17 weeks on thursday! 
  • Options
    von1976von1976 member
    edited April 2016
    I've had lots of weird movement-like feelings that tickle and make my tummy itch. I'm guessing that's the baby moving? I have no idea, but it's super creepy and uncomfortable.

It sort of feels like there's an eel slithering around in my belly.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    I wish I knew what movements were supposed to feel like. I get uncomfortable feelings quite frequently but have no idea what they are. 
  • Options
    (sorry if TMI) 
    I´m 15 weeks today and was peeing earlier and felt a strange sudden bubbling sensation in my abdomen. It startled me enough that it made me stop midflow. In the moment I thought maybe I was just pushing too hard. Now I´m not sure...  
  • Options
    Just now feeling baby girl at 17 weeks and it is not constant, but little kicks in the lower abdomen here and there.

I didn't feel my twins until right at 20 weeks.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Pretty sure i've been getting nudged and kicked all week, especially today (16+6 today)! <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Today I had a Dr. appt and baby kicked the doppler hard and it made a big BOOM sound ha! I didn't feel anything.. but the midwife said woah that was baby kicking ha!

So, no not feeling any movement yet (15w2d) but hopefully soon :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I thought I had felt the baby a couple of weeks ago, but we also heard a lot of movements on the Doppler this morning and the nurse said that was definitely the baby moving around! Meanwhile, I felt nothing. I think baby liked the OJ I drank this morning. I'm so ready to feel something for sure! I'm 16+1 today. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    cd92007 said:
    Today I had a Dr. appt and baby kicked the doppler hard and it made a big BOOM sound ha! I didn't feel anything.. but the midwife said woah that was baby kicking ha!

So, no not feeling any movement yet (15w2d) but hopefully soon :)
    Same thing happened to me. It was cool. I didn't expect something so small to be able to do that.  
  • Options
    Drank some apple juice last night and the baby decided to do some kung fu in there. I was like goodness you must really like apple juice!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    babyblues3babyblues3 member
    edited April 2016
    TTM... I started to feel some very light flutters around 15 weeks and this afternoon actually felt two kicks with my hand. Later in the evening, baby was kicking again so DH put his hand where I was feeling them and he felt quite a few little kicks. Love this feeling! 

Edit: I am 17+3 today. 
  • Options
    I swear I felt a little tap today, just once when I was driving. Then again, my intestines are pretty unhappy, I'm only 14+4, and the midwife said yesterday that she thought my placenta was anterior.

M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    DH actually got to feel the baby last night! We didn't think he would be able to but baby was being super active so we thought we'd give it a try. So cool!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I have both officially felt the baby moving ♡ 17+1 here, TTM
  • Options
    MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited April 2016
    I'm almost certain I just felt my little peanut! It was a rolling sensation with a bit of pressure. Down low and off to the left side. It felt nothing like gas and took me by surprise. My heart could just explode!

ETA: I'm a FTM and 14 + 4. I know it could have been anything but it was a sensation I've never felt before in my life.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I don't know if it was baby, but I felt like when one of my muscles keep twitching. I my be feeling some muscle twitching, but at 16+4, as FTM I can't help thinking everything may be baby moving...  :p
  • Options
    So jealous of those feeling movements! FTM but I'm getting impatient.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Me too @emmaaa ! Keep thinking I've probably felt something but missed it cuz I didn't realize it and chalked it up to gas or cramps...
  • Options
    LMNOBaby said:
    Me too @emmaaa ! Keep thinking I've probably felt something but missed it cuz I didn't realize it and chalked it up to gas or cramps...
    I was wondering if I would miss feeling movement because of this as well but what I felt this morning was unlike anything I've ever felt before. I'm very familiar with what gas feels like these days and it was definitely not that. lol! It just felt so foreign, if that makes sense.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @naravna that's exactly how it feels for me too! Apparently a lot of people describe it like a muscle twitch too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @naravna that's exactly how it feels for me too! I've been having it all of week 16 (17w today). Apparently that's how it feels for some people, like a muscle twitching, until it gets more powerful like a real kick haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    naravnanaravna member
    edited April 2016
    LGW2015 said:
    @naravna that's exactly how it feels for me too! I've been having it all of week 16 (17w today). Apparently that's how it feels for some people, like a muscle twitching, until it gets more powerful like a real kick haha
    @LGW2015
     Wow, after it happened a few times in a brief interval, I thought I was overreacting and it really had been a twitching muscle, but from now on I'll pay close attention. :)
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta, so probably won't feel anything for a while yet. But, at our ultrasound around 10 weeks we could see the baby hopping and wiggling all over the place. Active little monkey!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    rebeccuh said:
    I have an anterior placenta, so probably won't feel anything for a while yet. But, at our ultrasound around 10 weeks we could see the baby hopping and wiggling all over the place. Active little monkey!
    I have an anterior placenta as well. My doc said I probably won't feel kicks or movement towards the front or center for a while but that I might feel flutters or rolls, especially off to the side. What I felt this morning was low and off to the left of center. I obviously don't know if it was actually the baby or not but it sure felt like it!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I'm surprised and delighted to hear your partners can feel the movement already as well! I'm 17 1/2 weeks and have felt a felt a few movements but thought it would be much longer until my husband could feel it from the outside. This makes me hopeful!