October 2016 Moms
Options

Are you feeling movements yet?

123457»

Re: Are you feeling movements yet?

• Options
    Ella is a dancing machine today! Loving all this wiggling :)
  • Options

I am a FTM and plus sized, kind of... (US size 12) 19w not showing at all, I just look fatter hahaha.

Yesterday I was laying on my bed after work, Hubby and I well... we finally got something going under our sheets after a while and like 30 minutes after we were watching a movie and I totally felt my baby kick, I took me on surprise, I grabbed my hubby hand and placed it in my belly and he felt it too just a bit.

After we were laughing cause we thought he didn't liked his nap time to be disturbed by mommy & daddy having some fun hahaha

:p

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just starting to feel it for sure today at 18+0, STM  <3

• Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday & still haven't felt movements - it's making me kind of crazy! Just had an anatomy scan on Tuesday & everything looked normal. The doctor said I have a posterior placenta, so that shouldn't be the issue. Any other "late-bloomers" out there?
  • Options
    I *have* felt movements, but very erratically. I'm 23 weeks and I still only feel very light movements every few days. I used to freak out every time a few days would pass without movement, but by now it seems it's just what the bébé does. I've got lots of abdominal fat, so that's my excuse.

Also, two other notes that made me feel better: 1.) my husband pointed out that it wouldn't feel very strong if you were punched underwater, much less by a tiny little one-pound thing. Little preemies born in the twenty-somethings don't have enough muscle tone to lift their own arms, so they can't be that much stronger inside. 2.) just because it's not moving where you can feel it, doesn't mean it's not moving. Think of all the small, fidgety movements you make all day. That's not going to be detectable compared to maybe flailing about.

• Options
    Maybe that just means you will have a calm baby. Mine clearly has DH's ADD already lol tonight the baby actually kicked a plate that I had sitting on my lap so hard it moved. Also my chunker is measuring a week ahead but fundal height is on track so maybe he's cramped for space.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was 23 weeks on Sunday and that's when I finally started feeling him move at least once a day. Thursday morning at about 1am he started wiggling....and has not stopped since!! It's driving me insane, it feels like bugs crawling under my skin. Not to mention I can't sleep when he's doing it, so I've gone two nights with almost no sleep. I'm exhausted.  :/

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    ashleymn-2ashleymn-2 member
    edited June 2016
    I first started feeling kicks at 21 weeks, literally one day after I bitched about not being able to feel her. Now she kicks me all the time, I'd say at least every 2 hours or so. I love it and i wish there wasn't times when she dormant even though I know she needs her sleep. My SO hasn't been able to feel her yet and he's getting really jealous it's actually pretty adorable how he keeps trying but every time I say shes moving he runs over and she stops.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    I feel like one day there is going to be a foot hanging out of my vag for how hard and much he kicks me down there. It's seriously getting old. I'm starting to think waddling won't be so bad anymore. He can turn head down any day now and that would be welcome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hear ya about vag kicks....this LO is breech usually when they check and the kicks really feel weird between kicking around (I think) my cervix, intestines, and bladder! I still think all these movements are the weirdest feeling ever :s
  • Options
    I'm feeling movements and have been for about 3 weeks now. I love it! It reassures me that our baby is moving around and okay so far. It's a double-edged sword though because on the days that he or she doesn't move as much I start to freak out. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Vag kicks are the worst. My son who is 7 never kicked he either Mooned me between the ribs or would headbutt me in the Vag.  This one loves to summersault looks like a belly wave. Can't wait to start kick counts.
  • Options
    Baby is quiet today usually I get some strong ones, but today it's just been little flutters. Perhaps she's rolled into a new spot. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 hehe, she's just treading water after her usual water aerobics workout!
  • Options
    Another one for the vag kicks. There so unpleasant. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep I had a couple of cervix kicks, SO bizarre. Thankfully it only happened twice and hasn't since. He just likes to keep his head in my right hip now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love being able to feel him kick and the days he's moving less, like today, my nerves get to me!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    I've literally laughed out loud at work on several occasions. Specifically when changing my residents. Sometimes i will be in the middle of changing them and my resident will touch my belly on accident. Peanut kicks me where the residnet is touching me. In my head i see the doritos commercial.  Keep your hands off my mama. Keep your hands off my doritos. Lol
  • Options
    Our baby gave his daddy a Father's Day treat last night. He was able to feel him move for the first time. He was so excited! There were two good movements that he felt and I was able to confirm feeling on the inside. 
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    This past week my DH was finally able to feel baby move! The look on his face was priceless, but now everytime I touch my belly he runs over to try and feel him move again. 
  • Options
    @sjo_thetwins I was watching my belly all morning, he was going nuts in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My boy spent the whole day up near my ribs. I couldn't catch my breath! I kept pushing him down but he'd make his way back up there. It was a nice break from him stomping on my cervix though. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    Baby has been standing on my cervix for a few days now and today it feels like she is kicking my colon. I was so much more comfortable when she was laying sideways.
  • Options
    I've literally laughed out loud at work on several occasions. Specifically when changing my residents. Sometimes i will be in the middle of changing them and my resident will touch my belly on accident. Peanut kicks me where the residnet is touching me. In my head i see the doritos commercial.  Keep your hands off my mama. Keep your hands off my doritos. Lol
    Lucky! I change my one particular resident and all I get is wicked BHs, lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kmolleltz yay! most of the movement I feel is still below the belly button, I think that's where his head and feet are (based on our last ultrasound). Once in a while it will be up high but 90% of the time it's low still. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Same here @MRSCORKER. H was able to feel him a few times, but mostly when I say "he's moving" he'll stop as soon as H puts his hand on my belly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    @LGW2015 But I mean like waaaaaaaaaaay below the belly button. I guess it's still early to be feeling them much higher....
    *American lady living in Tanzania, East Africa, since 2013
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB: November 19, 2013)
    March 2021 - Bonus daughter, N, moved in with us (DOB: June 6, 2014)
    BFP #3 - April 25, 2024 -- EDD January 2, 2025
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Same here. My husband still hasn't felt anything. But he was kicking for the nurse while she was using the Doppler on him just now. Little brat. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @kmolleltz yeah his head is down in my right hip and I think his feet are in my left hip so when he kicks or head butts me it's always down really low near my pelvis. I think his butt is up in my right rib area so I only feel him up high if he butt bumps me lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Okay I feel movements but I really don't know how you all can differentiate between butts and heads and feet

• Options
    Okay I feel movements but I really don't know how you all can differentiate between butts and heads and feet

probably from what they've seen as far as positioning during ultrasounds
  • Options
    @kathleenkat I don't know how they do it either. But I just started feeling him about a week ago so maybe it becomes more distinct the farther along you are???

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    @LGW2015 Thanks! Thats actually really helpful to know.
    *American lady living in Tanzania, East Africa, since 2013
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB: November 19, 2013)
    March 2021 - Bonus daughter, N, moved in with us (DOB: June 6, 2014)
    BFP #3 - April 25, 2024 -- EDD January 2, 2025
  • Options
    Yup, i'm going based off of the ultrasound! I was having a bunch of pressure and pain in my right hip and it turned out that's exactly where his head was during our ultrasound. The "kicks" and bumps all feel the same, so if it wasn't for the ultrasound I wouldn't know! The only thing I definitely know is that he's almost always on my right side, he's constantly balling himself up and sticking out there haha
    Pregnancy Ticker