October 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinion Time (4/14)

edited April 2016 in October 2016 Moms

So let's here 'em. What's opinion have you got that is not popular? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TTC #1 - Nov '14
BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing

Re: Unpopular Opinion Time (4/14)

• Ugh sorry those pics are so big! 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's so stupid and pointless when someone walks on a treadmill on a crazy incline and then they hang onto the damn machine the whole time. Guess what? If you're hanging on, you're defeating the purpose of the incline! You're not using any of the muscles you would be using if you were walking up a real hill! Let go dammit!
    *hangs head in shame*

I'm guilty of this sometimes lol but I usually slow my pace if I find myself holding on for more than a few seconds (I have awful balance normally so this should be extremely fun when my center of gravity officially starts to shift)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• simcal18 said:
    kmalls said:
    UO: I think the term "squish" when referring to a baby is the most annoying term of all time. It gives me rage when someone is like "I can't wait to love on my squish!!" Barf. 
    Related:  I hate the term "love on."  It sounds dumb to me and just makes me think of weird rubbing or something.  Just no.

The word fondling comes to mind, which always sounds creepy to me.
  • simcal18 said:
    kmalls said:
    UO: I think the term "squish" when referring to a baby is the most annoying term of all time. It gives me rage when someone is like "I can't wait to love on my squish!!" Barf. 
    Related:  I hate the term "love on."  It sounds dumb to me and just makes me think of weird rubbing or something.  Just no.

Totally agree with that. That sample statement is pretty much my nightmare. 
  • I think it's so stupid and pointless when someone walks on a treadmill on a crazy incline and then they hang onto the damn machine the whole time. Guess what? If you're hanging on, you're defeating the purpose of the incline! You're not using any of the muscles you would be using if you were walking up a real hill! Let go dammit!
    Agree. But I also think it is stupid and pointless when someone walks on the treadmill on ZERO incline. The treadmill is doing more work than you realize at zero incline. 
  • mrskrattmrskratt member
    edited April 2016
    I hate when women wear a cute/nice outfit, and complete it with sneakers.
    If you are at work and spend a lot of time on your feet, whatever. But for some reason, when I see a woman out in public with skinny jeans, a cute top and ugly sneakers, it drives me crazy.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
    That drives me nuts! Not to mention how ridiculous they look doing it. Better off hopping on a stair climber.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • @Piperella this is all I can think right now
  • I hate hate hate this tight ankled, overly adorned sweat pants with obnoxious high top shoes in ridiculous colors trend.
    Whaaaat? This is a thing? Am I just really old? I've never seen/heard of this trend outside of my sweet elementary school late-'80's wardrobe. 
  • kmalls said:
    I hate hate hate this tight ankled, overly adorned sweat pants with obnoxious high top shoes in ridiculous colors trend.
    Whaaaat? This is a thing? Am I just really old? I've never seen/heard of this trend outside of my sweet elementary school late-'80's wardrobe. 
    Oh yes. This has come back with a vengeance, especially among th the male population. At least the late teens early 20s aged ones... but I'm like the campus granny sitting around judging all the youngsters and their trends.
  • kmalls said:
    I hate hate hate this tight ankled, overly adorned sweat pants with obnoxious high top shoes in ridiculous colors trend.
    Serious question - do you live in a more rural area? I see this a lot where I live - I'm in a pretty busy suburb of Philly 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• I hate colored pantyhose. nude or nothing. don't confuse this with tights tho, like white or black hose where I can see skin makes me angry. 
  • LGW2015 said:
    I do not like and will never wear skinny jeans. There, I said it. It's fine on other people but just not for me. And it drives me crazy that something becomes trendy all of a sudden and then it becomes impossible to find anything else in the stores. #bootcut4lyfe
    Old Navy still has a good bootcut selection :) 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• kmalls said:
    Serious question - do you live in a more rural area? I see this a lot where I live - I'm in a pretty busy suburb of Philly 
    Not at all! I live in a suburb west of Boston. I've just honestly never noticed "overly adorned" sweatpants! 
  • kmalls said:
    kmalls said:
    Not at all! I live in a suburb west of Boston. I've just honestly never noticed "overly adorned" sweatpants! 
    Oh hmm I missed the "overly adorned" part - is that like bejazzled sweatpants?

I've definitely seen skinny sweat pants for giant high top shoes but nothing I would consider "overly adorned" lol
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• @LGW2015 I am not against skinny jeans, and I even own a pair or two, but I hardly ever wear them because they legit cut off the circulation to my legs.

My sister wears them all the time and I can tell hers are tighter than mine, and she'll sit on the bed with her knees up and all I can think is "How do have any feeling left in your legs?!" Maybe my body is just weird, because when I sit or bend my knees with skinny jeans on the blood basically gets stopped at my knees and then my legs go all tingly.

How do people wear jeans that are so tight all the time?!?!

Pregnancy Ticker

• kmalls said:
    kmalls said:
    Oh hmm I missed the "overly adorned" part - is that like bejazzled sweatpants?

I've definitely seen skinny sweat pants for giant high top shoes but nothing I would consider "overly adorned" lol
    That's what I was thinking, too. I definitely put my Bedazzler away in like, 1994 ;)  
  • The ones I'm seeing have like, 6 pockets with oversized zippers and and an oversized brand emblem on each one, and they're in weird contrasting colors colors like gold foil print on heather gray with white piping? Just too much for my taste. 
  • @missteacherlady16 I think I have a pair from there! My other problem is that I'm 5'3" and usually regulars are too long and shorts are too short so it usually takes me months to find a good pair haha now with this bump, yoga pants all the way!

@bamacoop my mom tried to get me to wear a pair once and I couldn't figure out how to get my foot through the hole...it got stuck at my heel. LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bamacoop said:

@LGW2015 I am not against skinny jeans, and I even own a pair or two, but I hardly ever wear them because they legit cut off the circulation to my legs.

My sister wears them all the time and I can tell hers are tighter than mine, and she'll sit on the bed with her knees up and all I can think is "How do have any feeling left in your legs?!" Maybe my body is just weird, because when I sit or bend my knees with skinny jeans on the blood basically gets stopped at my knees and then my legs go all tingly.

How do people wear jeans that are so tight all the time?!?!

Maybe you need to go up a size or try a different brand? Mine have a ridiculous amount of stretch and are nearly as cozy as leggings. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to wear them throughout this pregnancy, unless I gain a shit ton of weight. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The ones I'm seeing have like, 6 pockets with oversized zippers and and an oversized brand emblem on each one, and they're in weird contrasting colors colors like gold foil print on heather gray with white piping? Just too much for my taste. 
    That sounds horrid.
  • My UO: I don't like when people ask me my due date. It seems weird to me since it is a pretty fluid date. I prefer to say "early October."
  • @smmatt08 - I'm also one who is just saying early October.  My last u/s showed I was 3 days ahead which would push me into September.. so I'm just keeping with early October with what comes out of my mouth.  I doubt anyone is marking their calendars with our due dates (hopefully not anyways), but I agree with you completely with your UO.  I'm not too tied down to the day or the month for that matter.  It'd probably be different if I was somewhere in the middle of the month.
  • bamacoop said:
    If we're on the topic of fashion: I really dislike those dresses/skirts where the skirt itself is see through and then there's a slip underneath, but the slip is way shorter than the skirt. IDK, but to me that just looks super tacky. If you want to show off your legs, why not just wear a dress/skirt that is above your knee? Why pick one that has a slip above the knee, but a gauzy skirt that goes to your ankles?
    Totally agree with this! And I HATE the high-low dresses as well. So ready for these to go away.
  • @LGW2015 I HATE skinny jeans as well. I admit, though, I cave to trends and own a few pairs, but they rarely get worn and only with really long and baggy shirts. I heard that bell-bottom type jeans were coming back--yeessss!!!!!!!! I'm all about the bootcut though forever.
  • @Piperella and @smmatt08 I totally agree! My DD was 10 days early and was due in June but became a May baby...giving people an actual due date is silly since the percentage of them coming on their due date is not really high. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• @jillianpardo I feel like this is a popular opinion because they are just really ugly!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17