October 2016 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion Time (4/14)

Re: Unpopular Opinion Time (4/14)

• Options
    mrskratt said:
    I hate when women wear a cute/nice outfit, and complete it with sneakers.
    If you are at work and spend a lot of time on your feet, whatever. But for some reason, when I see a woman out in public with skinny jeans, a cute top and ugly sneakers, it drives me crazy.
    *** lurker.

this is me. My SPD is so bad I must wear sneakers in order to be in minimal pain. Yeah I feel bad but I still want the rest of my outfit to feel pretty. 

DD1 born 11/2014

DD2 born 6/2016

• Options
    @ejmo68 OK, OK. :) I will take it further. I judge people who wear ugly crocs. Does that make it better? Lol

O16 April Siggy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE khakis. DH makes fun of me whenever I wear them; I'm short and fit with low narrow hips and a slightly masculine body type so they're the only pants that seem to look good on me. I also do not like skinny jeans, they make me look like a teenage boy.. 
  • Options
    @ejmo68 OK, OK. :) I will take it further. I judge people who wear ugly crocs. Does that make it better? Lol
    Now it's a confession, not a UO lol. 

I have no UO today. I mean, I have plenty, but none I want to go to the mat for today.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My UO today is that when a park says "On-Leash Dogs Welcome", owners should comply and keep their dogs on-leash.

I'd like to eat my picnic in peace without worrying about a pup coming to snatch my sandwich (true story) and muddy my blanket.  
  • Options
    My UO today is that when a park says "On-Leash Dogs Welcome", owners should comply and keep their dogs on-leash.

I'd like to eat my picnic in peace without worrying about a pup coming to snatch my sandwich (true story) and muddy my blanket.  
    I really hope that's not an unpopular opinion.

My dogs can absolutely be friendly with other dogs when introduced properly and they are always leashed when we're at the park. It makes me super anxious when I see idiots walking around with unleashed dogs. Yes, your dog may be wonderfully well behaved and friendly, but if he/she runs up to my dogs without being properly introduced, I can't say it will go well. Leashes are as much for your dog's protection as it is for mine. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options

I really hope that's not an unpopular opinion.

My dogs can absolutely be friendly with other dogs when introduced properly and they are always leashed when we're at the park. It makes me super anxious when I see idiots walking around with unleashed dogs. Yes, your dog may be wonderfully well behaved and friendly, but if he/she runs up to my dogs without being properly introduced, I can't say it will go well. Leashes are as much for your dog's protection as it is for mine. 
    Here in my area, people get so defensive when you say something about their unleashed dog (in a leash-only park or beach), and I feel like an asshole when I say something because the two times I have said something people looked at me like I confessed to killing kittens or something.  

• Options
    Man, I love me some skinny jeans. They're basically all I wear until the summer when I bust out maxi dresses. 

My UO: I don't like nor do I understand humor that is vulgar for the sake of being vulgar or gross-out humor. I went with friends to see Bridesmaids in the theater and while I thought the movie, overall, was funny, the diarrhea/vomit scene at the bridal shop was just not funny to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't realize this was an unpopular opinion until all this election stuff started heating up. And I don't enjoy debating politics, so I'm keeping my political preferences out of this post and I apologize if it's confusing.

I've only ever voted for candidates from one political party, but I always want the best candidate (or the least terrible) to win the nomination for the other party. This was a hugely unpopular opinion with my friends and family! They all agreed that the best candidate from the opposing party was candidate X. However, they all wanted candidate Y to win the nomination. They said that the person they wanted had a better chance of beating Y. I argued that Y would make a TERRIBLE president and that I would rather have X on the off chance that my party lost. They didn't like that I even suggested that we would lose, and continued to argue that Y needed to win the nomination so that their candidate would win the election.

I just think that there's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to these presidential elections, and I'd rather have someone I feel is semi-trustworthy and competent, even if I disagree with them on issues.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    I hate when grown women are called "girls." I don't think it's cute, or endearing, or anything like that. And I don't care if it's men doing it or other women doing it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kmalls said:
    simcal18 said:
    kmalls said:
    UO: I think the term "squish" when referring to a baby is the most annoying term of all time. It gives me rage when someone is like "I can't wait to love on my squish!!" Barf. 
    Related:  I hate the term "love on."  It sounds dumb to me and just makes me think of weird rubbing or something.  Just no.

Totally agree with that. That sample statement is pretty much my nightmare. 
    you two are crazy ;) 
  • Options
    @jillianpardo @ejmo68 WELL I guess my UO is that I love crocs!!!!! I lived in them for all 5 summers I did camp counseling and now I wear them in the summer. But just to like, Walmart. And maybe everywhere. 
    Also @jillianpardo, do you keep changing your prof pic? Just wondering.

@kmolleltz I share your UO, just never admitted because I felt like a bitch for seeing someone post a HDBD pic or
    Something and think "okk who are you". Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    @kmolleltz right there with you too!!! 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    My unpopular opinion is I think crocs on babies and toddlers are so adorable. (Grown ups, not so much.) My boys lived in them during the summer!  
    I will admit I have a pair left over from years and years ago when I worked in pediatrics that I use for gardening. (So I don't ruin my shoes)
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kmolleltz YES! I've been thinking this ALL WEEK! My confession for tomorrow was literally going to be that I don't really care to "love" the announcements from people who I've NEVER SEEN POST before! Why would I care?!

@orangeev While I think they are pretty ugly shoes, I also admit to wearing them! They are delightful while working on my feet in a kitchen all day. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I can understand your position on the "strangers" that post only on the HDBD/Intro/US threads, but I must be wearing rose colored glasses.  I give them the benefit of the doubt that they just haven't felt comfortable jumping in other conversations, or maybe they are in a weekly update thread that I don't read (I honestly only read the Sunday one because that's the one I'm in).  Who knows. I don't mind them so much as I hope they will one day feel more comfortable participating in more threads.  The ones who create a bunch of new isolated threads about them (or seek opinions and then go.. nvm).. those are the ones I grumble at.
  • Options
    All this talk about crocs in the kitchen has me thinking about another UO!  I am always barefoot at home, and that's because we adapt the whole shoes off policy when entering the house.

When we host dinners or a party, we never make our guests take their shoes off (you better believe the floor scrubbing that happens after).... but if someone is visiting and staying with us, we totally make them take their shoes off.  
  • Options
    @Piperella ...looking at your ticker really makes me want a Cinnabon, and we don't have one in my city. :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Michi1382 said:
    My UO is that when your pregnant everyone thinks it ok to asks questions that are really none of their business. Actually had someone ask me the other day if the baby is FI's. it took all I had not to knock her to the floor. And I'm not a violent person. Neither am I unfaithful to FI. 
    When I was pregnant with DD, one of my co-workers asked me if I got pregnant on purpose or if it was an accident? Da fuck? Don't ask me that, asshole. 

MY BOSS asked me that. I am a VERY open person but that left me speechless for a moment until I could sputter out an answer. 

My UO: Since becoming pregnant I cannot stomach anti-vaxxers. I am on the verge of purging my Facebook friends list because seeing those posts makes my blood boil. 

On a random note, WHY do I always get stuck in the quotes section on my phone?! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @books&icecream that's weird, my "reply"' does nothing on my phone...I can't quote anyone :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have an UO today but I feel like I should jump in so that no one thinks I'm a stranger!
  • Options
    I hate hate hate it when people go uptown in their pj's, like seriously your that lazy, you couldn't put clothes on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Right there with you with the PJ's especially when they are like Disney or some crap like that. Really you needed to wear your fuzzy PJ's out in public. Ugh
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    do crocs make your feet sweat? I feel like they'd stink. 
  • Options
    @mrszoess not at all, they have those air holes all around them so your feet can breath.Or at least mine never got stinky. Plus the material is easy to clean. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    missteacherlady16 and annabenanna - my sister lets her dogs off leash all the time and it drives me bonkers.  I never did that when I had a dog.  And I always picked up after my dog, as well.

As far as crocs go, I could see me wearing them to garden in during the summer, but otherwise not so much.

I'm not sure how unpopular this opinion is, but it annoys me how much plastic packaging there is.  What did people use before plastic was invented to hold food stuffs?  I guess it bothers me because we live very near the coast and whenever we go to the beach I try to bring a bag along and pick up whatever garbage people leave there.  Sometimes it is quite a significant amount.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My UO: I hate leggings. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @sadeathe , I feel the same way about plastic packaging.  I actually don't mind the plastic ban CA is trying to implement!  Also when I see people in my workout class using disposable water bottles, I judge them a little.  
  • Options
    My UO is it really creeps me out when I see parents kiss their kids on the lips. It just screams inappropriate to me. 
  • Options
    My UO is it really creeps me out when I see parents kiss their kids on the lips. It just screams inappropriate to me. 
    I couldn't agree more with this!! Drives me crazy seeing that. 
  • Options
    My UO this week is that i don't like posting pictures of kids on facebook.

its less about paranoia and more about... Respect? Like, that kid is gonna be an adult one day and who knows what his or her social media presence needs are gonna be. Maybe no one will care about some baby photos, but maybe they will. Is it my right to make those decisions for the kid?
  • Options
    fitlady21 said:
    I couldn't agree more with this!! Drives me crazy seeing that. 

I feel the same way about this. Call me neurotic but I get 2 or 3 cold sores a year and I when I have one I obsess about it am tempted to call in to work and life in general. For a week straight. In in the end I suck it up and deal with it but I will not be kissing my children on the lips as in no way do I want them to possibly get infected and have to deal with the virus for the rest of their lives.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker