November 2016 Moms

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Aw @NatashaSprout it looks like a real little baby!
    Oh my gosh. I'm also 9w2d, so that visual blows me away that I'm right there with you. Whoa. Already a little cutie pie!
  • Aw @NatashaSprout it looks like a real little baby!
    Oh my gosh. I'm also 9w2d, so that visual blows me away that I'm right there with you. Whoa. Already a little cutie pie!
    DH kept saying babe it's got feet! Look! There's feet!
  • Was promised an ultrasound at a clinic today, but instead all they did was preach to me about how I need to believe in God. Complete waste of time and gas.
  • sunbeam1 said:
    Just got diagnosed heterozygous for C677T MTHFR, so hopefully some better b vits will heal everything up...
    I can't help but add some vowels to MTHFR-Because it really is!
    curious as to what all this means

• Little+Tiny said:
    sunbeam1 said:
    Just got diagnosed heterozygous for C677T MTHFR, so hopefully some better b vits will heal everything up...
    It means I have one mutant copy of the gene that codes the enzyme that metabolizes some B vitamins, including folic acid.  Luckily my other copy of the gene is good. I had no idea until I had a scary SCH bleed for the last 3 weeks.  
    This particular mutation is linked to evil things like blood clotting issues and repeat miscarriages, hence the blood clot behind my placenta. But now that I know to up the prenatal vits, doc thinks everything should be ok.
    I hope you never go through anything like that!

PS- That's crazy they wouldn't give you the US, btw.  I'd be sooo pissed!
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• @m6agua Love it! Hopefully numbers in the uterus are a reflection of the math genius you'll birth. :wink: 
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Hi all! I mostly lurk on here and thoroughly enjoy the support and stories you all share:) But I noticed that there are, in fact, quite a few moms expecting twins...so are we. I guess November will be a mini baby boom. Congratulations to everyone- singletons and multiples!
  • whaatwhaat member
    Was promised an ultrasound at a clinic today, but instead all they did was preach to me about how I need to believe in God. Complete waste of time and gas.
    Ugh.. Was this one of those creepy crisis pregnancy centers? Nobody at those places can actually do anything medical. They don't even have doctors. Can't you go to your regular OB? Do you have one?
  • Little+TinyLittle+Tiny member
    edited April 2016
    whaat said:
    Ugh.. Was this one of those creepy crisis pregnancy centers? Nobody at those places can actually do anything medical. They don't even have doctors. Can't you go to your regular OB? Do you have one?
    Yes it was! I went to get proof of pregnancy a few weeks ago for WIC and one of the nurses referred me just so I could get an early ultrasound to calm my nerves. I just told them I wasn't interested on account of being a satanist :D *trololol*
    Luckily I went to my regular OB today and got an ultrasound.
  • @Little+Tiny edit your pic so your name isn't in it
  • @Little+Tiny edit your pic so your name isn't in it
    oh that's right whoops.
  • sunbeam1 said:
    I'm compound heterozygous MTHFR. SO GLAD you got on the right vitamins! When I learned about this (literally like four months ago) I was so angry that I had never heard of it. I thankfully haven't experienced recurrent loss, but it did take us a year to conceive. Once I switched to folate instead of folic acid it happened almost immediately. So crazy!
  • @aquasocks That is precious! <3 Love seeing all these babies that look like babies
  • GirPipley said:
    U/S last Friday showed us three sacs, one with two yolks, so we thought we might be having quads!! I'll share that pic 1st!

Had another U/S Monday, looks like sac C is vanishing, but we did see two hearts beating widely!! Looks like we are having twins! 

Any update? Or did I miss an update?
  • GirPipleyGirPipley member
    edited April 2016
    sunbeam1 said:

Little+Tiny said:
    sunbeam1 said:
    It means I have one mutant copy of the gene that codes the enzyme that metabolizes some B vitamins, including folic acid.  Luckily my other copy of the gene is good. I had no idea until I had a scary SCH bleed for the last 3 weeks.  
    This particular mutation is linked to evil things like blood clotting issues and repeat miscarriages, hence the blood clot behind my placenta. But now that I know to up the prenatal vits, doc thinks everything should be ok.
    I hope you never go through anything like that!

PS- That's crazy they wouldn't give you the US, btw.  I'd be sooo pissed!
    Hi! Fellow mutant here!! I am SO HAPPY they checked for this with your placenta issue!! I have have 2 placenta abruptions and I wasn't diagnosed until after too many sad stories, and that was only because I begged to be tested. I am a double A mutant and my husband is double C, so we are double F*cked when it comes to placenta development/ clots. We also call it the motherf*cker mutation.

I have found great info on mthfr.net about vitamins. I take folate- not folic acid, and I also take baby aspirin- did your doctor put you on this? You should ask about it. 

Good luck with everything! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to P (12/7/10) Step-Mom-to-be to H (05/29/13)
    BFP 10/13/14 TWINS! 20 week loss of both twins, Scott Feivel and Miles Conrad
    BFP 06/19/2015 16 week loss, Penny June
    2015 Working with RI; Diagnosed with thrombopheiia and celiacs
    BFP 03/12/16 TWINS AGAIN! PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOWS
  • I love all the fellow mutants:)

@GirPipley Wow, that is double fct...  So sorry about the placental abruptions - I can't even imagine how awful. Good luck with this pregnancy!!
    My doc  is telling me that since I have one good copy I can process some synthetic folic acid, just less than what "normal" people can.  He put me on high dosage folic acid. And told me to avoid blood thinners while I'm actively bleeding red.  So I went online to do a bunch of research, and it seems to me like there's truth behind taking the methyl folate and methyl B12.  Found some seemingly legit papers from NIH and Linus Pauling Institute at OSU.  Sooooo I'm being a bad, noncompliant patient and switching to the methyl folate version and binging on leafy greens, beans, and peanuts. Might add in a blood thinner when I'm not actually hemorrhaging.   My doc's a RE, so he specializes in getting people KU, not keeping them that way, so when I graduate to the OB in 2 weeks I'll see what they say. 

@kmmnocal very interesting on the folate vs. folic acid and conception.  I'd love to know how common that is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's totally causally related...  It took IVF for me to get KUd, and no one could ever find anything wrong.

I read something like 40% of the population has at least one bad copy of this gene.  Why wouldn't this just become a standard part of infertility workup??
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• @sunbeam1 It's SUPER common, and I was shocked to learn this. I definitely hope more attention is paid to it. I honestly don't know if there's an actual connection between the folate and conceiving or if it was just luck and coincidence. I've had many freakouts at the acupuncturist office since testing positive for pregnancy (my first scan isn't until tomorrow), and she seems confident that switching to the methyl folate has taken care of the issue. I'm just going with her advice and trying to relax.
  • @honeybeewebb2424 it has little arms!!! So baby looking. I love it. 
  • ACarullo said:
    Got our first ultrasound today at 10+5! She didn't tell us what our baby is measuring at but I'm assuming 8 weeks since babies usually are about two weeks behind when you go by the LMP for the due date.. Heart rate was 170bpm :) 
    When we talk about how a baby is measuring, we use the LMP date (or 2 weeks before ovulation). So if you're 10w5d according to your LMP, your baby is considered 10w5d, even if it was technically conceived 2 weeks in. Not sure if I'm making any sense or if that was even what you were wondering....

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24