November 2016 Moms
Options

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    I had my first prenatal today and am scheduled for a viability scan tomorrow. Excited to meet this little bean!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went for my first u/s two days ago and it was nothing like my first ultrasound with my first pregnancy. The doctor was not very informative and seemed very unsure of herself. She said I was measuring between 8-9 weeks, meanwhile I thought I was 10 weeks because going by my lmp I would be due 10/26. I asked her, "so am I 8 or 9 weeks and she was like "between 8 and 9." The u/s took literally a minute. The doctor also mentioned that they don't typically do the ultrasounds that they would send me to an ultrasound tech next time. I left feeling very confused and when I shared the ultrasound pic with my family everyone asked if there was two babies because it kind of looks like there's another baby in the picture. I made an appointment at a new obgyn office, so I'm praying that I can get a second opinion. I guess I'll be hanging out here with all you lovely ladies :)
  • Options
    Had my first appointment today! Baby measured exactly 8 weeks and had a heartbeat of 185 bpm.

My OB surprised me by actually using my chart to establish the due date (11/09) and not my LMP (11/02). Last pregnancy, we used my LMP and I was induced at "41 weeks". I feel that if i had just been given a few extra days, DD would have come on her own. Anyways, I'm super happy that my OB listened to me. :)
    Your u/s looks less like a blob and more like a baby. By LMP I am 8, 4. But my blob doesn't look like a baby yet lol
  • Options
    Finally my turn! Here is my bean measuring one day behind at 6w6d. HB was 121. My doctor told me that's normal but I'm a little freaked. It seems low. I go back in 2 weeks for another U/S. Not sure if that's standard at my fetrility clinic. My head was spinning and there was so much I forgot to ask them. 
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    @RaeJ004 welcome to the club! There's a multiples mama check in somewhere!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @laurenlalap my LO was 122/126. Don't sweat it. Call the nurseline if you absolutely want closure.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    angelz429 said:
    Had my first appointment today! Baby measured exactly 8 weeks and had a heartbeat of 185 bpm.

My OB surprised me by actually using my chart to establish the due date (11/09) and not my LMP (11/02). Last pregnancy, we used my LMP and I was induced at "41 weeks". I feel that if i had just been given a few extra days, DD would have come on her own. Anyways, I'm super happy that my OB listened to me. :)
    Your u/s looks less like a blob and more like a baby. By LMP I am 8, 4. But my blob doesn't look like a baby yet lol
    I was surprised she was able to get a decent shot like that. On the screen, it mainly looked like a little potato or jellybean. :p My first ultrasound with DD was at 10 weeks and then you really could see some stuff (like little hands and feet moving around). 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    RaeJ004 said:

So we had our first u/s today and got a little surprise.  6w5d based on LMP.
    Wow! That is indeed quite the surprise! Congrats!

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    @laurenlalap I measured in at 6w2d with heart rate in the 90's!!! I was like...that seems low. She said 90-110 was the normal range for 6w. Still, I'm a little spooked so I get it! I go back next Tues for a second dating US...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    Finally my turn! Here is my bean measuring one day behind at 6w6d. HB was 121. My doctor told me that's normal but I'm a little freaked. It seems low. I go back in 2 weeks for another U/S. Not sure if that's standard at my fetrility clinic. My head was spinning and there was so much I forgot to ask them. 
    Ours at 6w4d was 119 and they told me that was good. And it's standard at my fertility clinic to do a second ultrasound around 9 weeks too. Sounds like you're on the right track!
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• Options
    angelz429 said:
    sarajapa said:
    This was last week at 6w6d  It's my little frosty as we did a frozen transfer with IVF ❄️
    Omg. Please tell me that if it's a girl you're naming her Elsa!
    Haha wouldn't that be a hoot
  • Options
    Haha wouldn't that be a hoot
  • Options
    DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited April 2016
    @jamie33you might want to edit your personal info out of your U/S pic.
    edited to fix the tag
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! You can see so much in that ultrasound picture! 
  • Options
    @AColeman82 yay! More twins!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Seattleite86Seattleite86 member
    edited April 2016
    Wow, so many ultrasounds! Im not having my first one until week 11 (1st trimester screening) but my midwife listens to the heartbeat every time i go, so there's that :) not sure why they haven't wanted me to do one, my insurance pays for everything and the imaging department is in the same building as my midwife. Oh well! Excited that it will kinda look like an actual baby when i finally get to see her/him :)
  • Options
    FINALLY had my 8 week appointment at 8w5d, but alas... still no ultrasound.  I'm not considered high risk, so they won't do it until 12 weeks.  Le sigh.  Also, apparently my uterus is tipped back, so no luck hearing a heartbeat on the doppler yet either, but she stressed to me repeatedly that doesn't mean anything is wrong.  So... the waiting continues for me!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    Going in for our first ultra sound in 2 hours!!! Hope to be sharing a pic with y'all soon!!
  • Options
    @jmewilli @amattson707 I'm in the same boat as y'all. I have my first appointment at 10 weeks 6 days and I'll get an ultrasound!! I'm so excited, but the wait is no fun!!!