May 2016 Moms

FTM's Come On In...Don't Be Scared

2»

Re: FTM's Come On In...Don't Be Scared

• This is just not right. I have 7 nieces and nephews and have only experienced the pulling poop out the bottom. And then I just watched her mother do it. This is not right.
    Surely I wasn't this messy as a child. Surely. Why does no one tell you these things before? I would have adopted a 6yr old.
  • Loading the player...
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

I feel like I knew these things would happen, but somehow reading them all together in one post is freaking me out!
  • All of these things sound pretty awful, and I guess they kind of are, but it's obviously not THAT bad or none of us would have more kids! You really will have this motherly instinct that kicks in and makes it possible for you to do all of these things and not think twice about it.

Although now that I think about it, if I had realllllly thought about what those newborn days and nights with zero sleep were like there's a chance I might've decided to only have 1 child. I think my brain decided to block out those memories.
  • Pascal86 said:

I am super not a fan of prenatal parties like gender reveals, but now I'm strongly considering a goodbye vagina/butthole party so I can register for all kinds of maxi pads and squatty potties. Would you go to that party if you got an invite?

YES. You can get one of those creepy vagina cakes. With a butthole added on.
  • So after reading some of the threads that were linked above, I saw people saying stuff about cold pack pads.  You can buy them on Amazon.  Just looked them up.  I don't know much about specifications or anything at this point, but it is nice to know they are there! 

p.s. Completely and totally terrified now. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I'm a lurker, but can we talk about the first postpartum poop that us mamas will have to do? Holy shit. I've always heard it was bad, but I never knew it would be that bad. Take stool softener religiously and pray to God Almighty that you may survive. I thought I was going to die.

Oh wow I didn't even know about this! Why does it hurt? Is it because you are constipated after labor?
  • I'm a lurker, but can we talk about the first postpartum poop that us mamas will have to do? Holy shit. I've always heard it was bad, but I never knew it would be that bad. Take stool softener religiously and pray to God Almighty that you may survive. I thought I was going to die.

Oh wow I didn't even know about this! Why does it hurt? Is it because you are constipated after labor?
    I think it's because you are stitched up to your butthole and the fear of splitting open the stitches is a horrible though. Or I could be wrong (please let me be wrong!!)

cat fail animated GIF

• I saw where this was going in the first few sentences and quit reading. Blissful ignorance for 5.5 more months!
  • yogahh said:

I'm a lurker, but can we talk about the first postpartum poop that us mamas will have to do? Holy shit. I've always heard it was bad, but I never knew it would be that bad. Take stool softener religiously and pray to God Almighty that you may survive. I thought I was going to die.

I think it's because you are stitched up to your butthole and the fear of splitting open the stitches is a horrible though. Or I could be wrong (please let me be wrong!!)
    Not everyone gets stitches though. I'm honestly not sure why it's so bad. My first postpartum poop seemed pretty normal to me. I wasn't stitched on the normal place either. My stitches were on the "inside". So maybe it does have something to do with that?!
  • doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited December 2015
    I didn't ever have a hard time pooping or passing gas. I guess everyone is different.

ETA: Also I've heard people swear by sitz (sp?) after a vaginal birth
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• yogahh said:
    I'm a lurker, but can we talk about the first postpartum poop that us mamas will have to do? Holy shit. I've always heard it was bad, but I never knew it would be that bad. Take stool softener religiously and pray to God Almighty that you may survive. I thought I was going to die.
    Fear of having stitches up to your butthole is a real fear. At least in my world.
  • doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited December 2015
    This is a question for FTM's: why is everyone scared of pooping on the table?? (real question) You have a baby coming out of your vagina along with all kinds of fluids...More times than not that doctor has seen you for 9 mos with his hands fingers deep in your stuff and you're worried about pooping? I don't get it.

ETA: and if you have a c/s your doctor is pulling out your organs and laying them on your stomach...Poop?? Really??
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• This is a question for FTM's: why is everyone scared of pooping on the table?? (real question) You have a baby coming out of your vagina along with all kinds of fluids...More times than not that doctor has seen you for 9 mos with his hands fingers deep in your stuff and you're worried about pooping? I don't get it.

ETA: and if you have a c/s your doctor is pulling out your organs and laying them on your stomach...Poop?? Really??

Shrug. I'm not scared. Nurses are ninjas at freaking with that shiz. I certainly wouldn't sign up for voluntary major abdominal surgery just to avoid a little pu.
  • This is a question for FTM's: why is everyone scared of pooping on the table?? (real question) You have a baby coming out of your vagina along with all kinds of fluids...More times than not that doctor has seen you for 9 mos with his hands fingers deep in your stuff and you're worried about pooping? I don't get it.

Before being pg I was terrified of pooping on the table. It's embarrassing. But now that I have read so much about what really happens, I couldn't care less where I poop and who sees it.

cat fail animated GIF

• Ok, so I missed the last 54 posts on this thread apparently.  Some of them made me laugh my ass off.  Thanks for bumping it @doozer1345
  • I think this is worth dredging up again as a refresher.
    I'm glad you did! This really needs to be pinned. @BumpAdmin @BumpCaitlin @bumptara ? Please and thank you.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Agreed, I missed this whole post. Now I can't quit reading and am wondering what nightmares I'll have tonight!
  • I don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted. But now I feel sick and terrified. 

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018