May 2016 Moms
Options

Husband doesn't want to be part of delivery

13»

Re: Husband doesn't want to be part of delivery

• Options
    vinerie said:
    I just shared this thread with my H, FWIW. His response : "C'mon, suck it up. You're not the one having the baby. SUck it up and deal with it."  He added: "Remember our vows? There for each other through everything."

So, yeah, if you can't be sexually attracted to your wife after labor, you're not valuing your partner for everything she is.
    THIS times a million.
  • Options
    JoMunson said:
    To (sort of?) change the subject...
    what was the most helpful and wonderful thing your SO did during your labor/recovery? I know some women have posted about their person being really great, but I think it would be cool for us FTM's to get a sense of the most helpful thing they did.
    I needed DH to be as close to a mind reader as possible  ;)

But seriously, just being there and supporting me both emotionally and physically. I had a 36 hour labor with DS, just at the hospital. I remember being really annoyed with DH because he went to sleep while I was still laboring at home. I was up pacing the hallway and cursing his name. Hindsight, I am SUPER glad he did that because it was what he needed to do so that we could get through the next day and a half together. At the hospital we walked the hallways together to get things moving and I would was leaning on him completely to get through them. Every time I changed my mind or wanted to try something else he was ready and willing to give it a go too. Anything I wanted he supported. I spent 2 hours kneeling in the birthing tub with my face buried in a towel, completely zoned out and not making a peep, DH just knew not to say a word to me, not to break my zen lol. He anticipated my needs as well. When I finally lifted my head from the towel he whispered, "epidural?" and all I could do was nod, but somehow he knew it was what we both needed. I just cannot imagine him not being there for me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JoMunson said:
    To (sort of?) change the subject...
    what was the most helpful and wonderful thing your SO did during your labor/recovery? I know some women have posted about their person being really great, but I think it would be cool for us FTM's to get a sense of the most helpful thing they did.
    This is a fantastic question. Why don't you start a new thread so people can respond and we don't thread Jack this post any further.

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    Bltbear82 said:
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs, 100%.

I just can't wrap my head around anyone being ok with only being seen by their partner as a sexual being. I'm a lot of things, not just a sexual being. I'm grateful that my husband and I are like minded and that he sees me as more than just his wife and sexual partner.

And for someone to refuse to support me during something that is literally a direct result of me being a sexual being is completely mind blowing.  
    Amen! Couldn't agree with you more. Whether or not you have biblical beliefs, we were created in part to procreate...