October 2015 Moms
Options

October 2015 Birth Announcements !

1234568»

Re: October 2015 Birth Announcements !

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never did do my birth announcement. Oops!

Jude Edison
    Born 11/4 at 11:48 PM
    EDD 10/23

Little man decided to wait forever! At my 41 week appt on a Friday I had my membranes stripped but it didn't do anything. We scheduled an induction for the following Wednesday. My water ended up breaking two hours before we were scheduled to go in, but contractions never started so they had to give me pitocin. By the time it was all said and done, they had me maxed out on the drip. My contractions were hard and it was around day, but still did it all without pain medication. Pretty sure I could get shot and it wouldn't phase me. Haha! Anyway, he was 6 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 inches. Looking back at his baby pics we definitely had parent eyes because he wasn't actually that cute. He's much cuter now!
  • Options
    CoCoRevisCoCoRevis member
    edited January 2016
    Kismet Noelle born at 34 weeks via scheduled c section 10/6/15. Kismet was 6 pounds and 17 inches (much bigger than doctor's expected)! Due to early diagnosis of placenta previa and acreta, the scheduled c section was mandatory. I struggled later in pregnancy having to be on bed rest and had a couple of hospital stays. With the c section came a hysterectomy. Luckily, Kismet exceeded doctor's expectations and we only spent a week and a half in the hospital.
    Now, almost 3 months, Kismet is thriving and we are extremely grateful for Kismet and her progress!
  • Options
    Been so engrossed with my DS that I forgot a birth announcement also! Brody boy born 10/14 at 6pm sharp after 34 hours of active labor, almost 42 weeks of gestation and coming out at 10lbs3oz!! Yes, 10.3! His foot was longer than the ink pad when they stamp newborns' feet at the hospital! 
  • Options
    I should do my announcement/birth story 3 months later! I kept meaning to type this out, but never got around to it. 

I was due 10/21 and had an appointment on 10/27 when my due date had come and gone. At that appointment there was hardly any cervical change and the doctor told me he wanted to induce me that day. I called the hospital and got an induction appointment for 4:30pm. I got there and they admitted me and got me settled with cervidil at 615. For the first two hours I wasnt allowed to get up, eat, drink, or use the bathroom. Finally at the stoke of 815 I got up to pee! And I ate a granola bar lol. Kept drinking gatorade and water also. My mom and husband were there. The nurses kept checking me and I was only making minimal progress. I was having contractions about 2-3 minutes apart by around 9pm, but not much cervical change. At around midnight, she checked me one more time and basically was like "ok, get ready for a long day tomorrow on pitocin, we are starting it at 6am, get some sleep." She told my mom to go because nothing was happening. So my mom left and said she'd be back in the morning and off the lights went for my husband and I to "get some rest". Right. Over the next hour or so the contractions started REALLY STRONG and I was unable to rest through them at this point. Still the nurse said I was only about 5cm. I had my husband call the nurse in and this part is a blur. I told her the pain was unbearable so she said she'd start the IV bag so I could get an epidural and she gave me a sedative and told me to try to sleep.??? Like seriously. NO. The sedative made me groggy and did nothing for the painful contractions. I told her I needed to pee and I got up. My water broke everywhere and the contractions got even worse! I got back into the bed and a few minutes later, the fluids had finally gotten into me and they were able to get the anetheisiologist for the epidural. He arrived and I was in agony! I kept telling the nurse I felt pressure and a need to push and she just shushed me telling me that I needed to breathe. I sat up for the epidural and practically screamed "IM FEELING BURNING AND I WANT TO PUSH, SHE'S COMING OUT!" The nurse calmly sighs and says, "Well do you want me to check you?" Um yes I do. I swung my leg over and there was my daughter's head. My husband was practically white as a ghost. I was in so much pain I just yelled, "PLEASE CAN I PUSH?" She told me NO, pressed the alarm button on her necklace and all these nurses ran in and were scrambling to get set up and my body just kept pushing and they kept telling me to stop, and finally, some beautiful woman said, "Just let her push. We know how to deliver a baby" With one little grunt, Violet Isabelle entered the world early in the morning of 10/28/15, at 3:40am, weighing in at 6lb 14oz, and 20in long. Despite the crazy labor/delivery, since they weren't ready for her, I got some special skin-to-skin with her and they took her, weighed her and wrapped her, and gave her right back to me. She latched right on and nursed like a pro. It was a whirlwind and crazy, but she is here and a blessing that totally completes our world.

Sorry for the LONGGG story. I am happy to have it documented finally, because I feel like I keep forgetting details! Here are some  first pictures of our girl:

Inline image

Inline image

Inline image
    Violet with her big brother, Lucas--who is in love! <3
    Inline image

Inline image