Re: FFFC

• atcwag said:

As a breastfeeding mama of a toddler, I'm getting so sick of BFing
    having to be "defended". I think it's such a ridiculous argument. I have
    a love hate relationship with all the media coverage, arguments,
    nurse-ins and photos. It all just seems like such a non-issue to me. Why
    do people care? I also think that unless you've breastfed, you don't
    get an opinion.

Agree with you here. I have only been to one nurse in and that was local. It was kind of fun. We all brought hot coco and chatted. It was less protest and more get-together. Folks always want to comment on extended nursing or NIP. For some weird reason people get their panties twisted about it. I don't get it either.

Eta qbf

@PrimRoseMama what does NIP stand for ? I googled but only came up with "ninjas in pyjamas". I feeeeeeeeel like that's not what your talking about ;)

Nursing in public. Got it. Lol. Darn.... Ninjas in pyjamas would have been kind of fun though ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Loading the player...
  • Ah. I am the fat former semi-athlete. Not so much athlete but I worked with horses for years and was used to doing hard physical labor all day and often not having time to eat. I quit doing that but I'm still hungry/stress eating like I was when I did that and I've gained a lot of weight. 

It is hard to express concern without sounding judgey. Sometimes H will say something that makes me want to bury my face in cake. But we are committed to going to the gym at least enough times each month to get an insurance reimbursement and to walk the dog a couple miles every day, so it does help that those are things we do together. Maybe focusing more on activity than food would help?
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I have another confession... I'm already so over the "can't wait to see all the babies in October" facebook posts. Yes, I'm super excited to see all of the "Oops, thanks Jonas!" pregnancy announcements from people who weren't trying for months. I realize that my level of cynicism is off the charts right now but I just saw about 45 of those posts.

Ugh! My DH's aunt replied on Facebook to me and DH being home safe and prepared to be snowed in: be careful! You know what happens when we have big snowstorms! Ummm I wish...
  • @MRSCORKER my aunt/BFF actually texted me today to tell me to get working on my "snow day baby."  AS IF THAT WERE HELPFUL.
  • edited January 2016
    MRSCORKER said:

Right?! As if the blizzard is willing my ovaries to release all the eggs!  It's magic you guys.

Wouldn't that be nice.

(Edit gif fail)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• FiancB said:

Ah. I am the fat former semi-athlete. Not so much athlete but I worked with horses for years and was used to doing hard physical labor all day and often not having time to eat. I quit doing that but I'm still hungry/stress eating like I was when I did that and I've gained a lot of weight. 

It is hard to express concern without sounding judgey. Sometimes H will say something that makes me want to bury my face in cake. But we are committed to going to the gym at least enough times each month to get an insurance reimbursement and to walk the dog a couple miles every day, so it does help that those are things we do together. Maybe focusing more on activity than food would help?

I wish. Unfortunately hubby and I work overlapping shifts. He's 7-3 and I'm 1-9, so when I get home, it's a little bit of together time, then off to bed for he and DS while I stay awake a little longer. He had a gym membership and went semi-regularly for a while, but when DS came along he stopped. He uses DS as an excuse (even though the gym has free child watch). I understand it's kind of a pain (and easier to sit on the couch) to get a 2 year old out of the house, but it would really be good for both of them. DS doesn't go to daycare (we have a private sitter at our home), so it would be nice for him to get a change of scenery and interact with other kids. I was just thinking today (and totally feel horrible), but I honestly can't remember when DS was last out of the house. Ugh....now I feel really bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER, Now I keep singing "A Kind of Magic", by Queen in my head.  I tried to find an awesome gif but no such luck :(