Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    smmatt08 said:
    On the dog topic...
    I've been letting my dog poop in the neighbor's (side) yard for the past few days because it is so damn cold and I just want her to do her business quickly.
    Did you at least clean it up?

@FSUNole31  Hey, I just posted a few Sabrina GIFs on the GIF party thread! I rewatched a few seasons of it over the summer, but then I ended up getting really bored and switched over to Arrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TW - I don't want this to sound insensitive to anyone having a hard time TTC... Pet related FFFC here, but different direction. I can NOT stand when people try to suggest that having a pet is the same responsibility as having a child. It's almost the same, except for not even close to being the f-ing same. I can totally leave out some food and water and leave the house for few days, my two year old will figure it out, right? It's cool if you don't want kids and are happy with your pet, but if you compare my child to your cat one more time, I'm going to get stabby.
    Kind of on this note... I have three pups that I love so much but my mom keeps says (literally every time we speak) how they are "good practice." My response, "Yeah I know! I think we're almost good enough to get another one!" I say it with zero sarcasm like I have no idea what she means and obviously getting another dog is the next step. I hate the plant or dog as practice thing so much.

Somewhat related... my FFFC is that I tell my mother that my husband and I have no desire to have kids. She has been dropping hints the past few months out of nowhere (she already has several grandchildren), but that just makes me want to tell her we're adopting goldfish instead. 200 of them. She's a crazy person and is the last person I would want knowing that we're TTC. 
    I do this too! But not because my mom is crazy. Mostly I just want her to be super surprised when I actually do get KU and I feel weird talking to my mom about my sex life. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @PeggyOlsonFTW, did she move for a specific reason (health/job) or just move for a change of scenery?  That must be super hard.  My mom lives 15 minutes away and although we dont see each other or even talk every day it's still nice to know she's there if I need her.

FFFC:  I love the shit out of all 3 of my parents (I have a step mom too and she is awesome.)  I worry I won't be as good of a role model or mother as my Mom and Stepmom were to me.  I already know I couldn't be as great as my Dad.  

ETA:
    @OrangeEv I want rub your cats belly.  
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn They moved because they just got sick of living where they were. They think the move is going to make them happier. They did this about 10-15 years ago when they moved about four hours away from my hometown. They were happier for a few years, then they got dissatisified with life, which is what's going to happen again.

We don't have a super close relationship, but it just feels like a slap in the face when post parents end up moving closer to their kids when there's grandchildren in the picture and they're nearing retirement.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    At least once a week I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and if I can't hear DH breathing or feel him breathing, my brain automatically assumes he's dead.  I don't know if this is part of my anxiety or what, but I admit that it's really weird.  So when I can't hear or feel him breath, I nudge him until he moves.  This happened last night so I gave him a big nudge.  He stirred around and fell back asleep.  He texted me just a little bit ago and said, "Did you wake me up in the middle of the night or am I dreaming that?"  I texted back, "I may have checked to see if you were dead".

I don't know why I do this and why my brain goes to the worst possible scenario. 

Does he have sleep apnea? The husband of a close friend of mine has sleep apnea, and she said she would do the same thing. It wasn't until he was finally diagnosed (and then later had corrective surgery) that it stopped happening. He did truly stop breathing though. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    babymishbabymish member
    edited January 2016
    anj27 said:
    @jmr1515 Aww happy birthday to your adorable dog! 

My FFFC is that H and I can't decide whether we want to go to a birthday party this weekend 2 hours away so we are going to let our cat decide for us. We are going to offer him two plates of food, assign an outcome to each, and see which he goes for first. As soon as he wakes up from his nap. ETA: I am secretly hoping he will choose not going. 
    I love this idea! I'm definitely going to start letting my cat make decisions for me! Its about time she started earning her keep!  

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW I'm sorry :(  That would definitely frustrate me too.  Especially knowing it's pattern.  
  • Options

I take my dog to doggy day care (once or twice per week)

That in itself is not bad. It is part or being a responsible pet owner to ensure that your dog is well socialized with both humans and other dogs (especially when considering bringing a baby into the mix). Our other older dog is not at all interested Playing with her and we did not want her developing the same anti social behavior. She is also a puppy and we work all week so this gives her some more kennel free time.

This is what I tell myself.

The reality is that I love it as much and the puppy does. I get daily report on who she played with and who her friends are. I have to fight the urge to ask is she made new friends and if she had fun. I can also watch her on webcams when she is at day care. I ask her (the puppy) if she had fun when I pick her up. When I am on the way to drop her off I ask her if she is excited to see her friends. And I leave work early sometimes to make sure I get to doggy day care on time. I freaking love it. The puppy even had s boyfriend at one point (don't worry, we had the talk and I told her not to be a hussy).

Omg. Precious!!! We took ours to doggy camp while we went for vacation. Up until we moved here, she has always stayed with "grandparents" or other friends and family (that ask to keep her and we pay them for their kindness). So... Long story short we spend the whole anniversary worrying and calling the day care and being over all helicopter parents. Both of us. And then hubby had to tall me off the ledge when I wanted to go home a day early to get our baby. Ugghhhh. Disclaimer: our dog is social, she goes to dog park twice a week, and all "babysitters" and "grandparents" have multiple dogs! Can you imagine the day I have to drop my child off at kindergarten?! I am going to be the one crawling in the bushes to peep through the window to watch my "baby"

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited January 2016
    @missteacherlady16  He's never been diagnosed with it but I worry that he might.  His dad has sleep apnea and from what I've read, it could possibly be inherited but I guess they're still figuring that out.  Sometimes when I don't think DH is breathing I'll watch his chest move or put my hand on his chest to feel it, and he is breathing and they arent shallow breaths, so I think it may just be my anxiety getting the best of me.  It still scares me though because he usually breaths heavily while asleep so when he's quiet I think hes dead :neutral:  He has his annual wellness check coming up and I've asked him to talk to the doctor about sleep apnea, just to be safe.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    @Kate08Young

I'm with you on this. Of course I know how a baby is made but sex never crosses my mind when people ask me when we are planning on having kids. Now my husband does equate sex with that haha. Whenever people ask him, he just says not now but we are doing a lot of practicing!
  • Options
    @babymish It's a win-win for everyone because he loves to eat and he gets a snack out of it.  ;)
  • Options
    @anj27 is that your cat in your sn?

OOH FFFC I actually have no idea what SN stands for.....

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish No, because I am paranoid that someone I know will find me here and learn all about the fact that we are TTC, not to mention my CM and other details of my TTC and sex life.  :D
  • Options
    MrsBinPAMrsBinPA member
    edited January 2016
    @babymish an=screen name? not totes sure but would make sense.

FFFC I am happy about the impending snow-pocalypse I have an excuse to do absolutely nothing but lie around all weekend.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Sometimes, at least once a week, I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and if I can't hear DH breathing or feel him breathing, my brain automatically assumes he's dead.  I don't know if this is part of my anxiety or what, but I admit that it's really weird.  So when I can't hear or feel him breath, I nudge him until he moves.  This happened last night so I gave him a big nudge.  He stirred around and fell back asleep.  He texted me just a little bit ago and said, "Did you wake me up in the middle of the night or am I dreaming that?"  I texted back, "I may have checked to see if you were dead".

I don't know why I do this and why my brain goes to the worst possible scenario. 
    I do this too, but with my cat.. He's old and likes to lie very still so I just call his name and when his head pops up, I know he is still alive lol
  • Options
    MrsBinPA said:
    @babymish an=screen name? not totes sure but would make sense. FFFC I am happy about the impending snow-pocalypse I have an excuse to do absolutely nothing but lie around all weekend.
    Oh right yeah that does make sense. So the picture isnt the sn lol. That's the only acronym I knew for that area :)

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @gardeniagirlknits   OMG I wish I had been using the "positive choices" thing on my husband! I'm sure that works much better than saying go clean the toilet right now
  • Options
    TW - I don't want this to sound insensitive to anyone having a hard time TTC... Pet related FFFC here, but different direction. I can NOT stand when people try to suggest that having a pet is the same responsibility as having a child. It's almost the same, except for not even close to being the f-ing same. I can totally leave out some food and water and leave the house for few days, my two year old will figure it out, right? It's cool if you don't want kids and are happy with your pet, but if you compare my child to your cat one more time, I'm going to get stabby.
    I'm so freaking guilty of this. Not comparison in the sense that "my cat is totally as much work and requires as much responsibility as your kid" but I definitely did a lot of comparing things my niece would do my things my cat does when talking to my brother and SIL. They are just so major assholes every single family gathering I gave no f*cks and enjoyed trolling them a little.

***TW: MC mentioned briefly***
    And to be fair, when I told my family about my MC my SIL did compare it to getting a BFN and then tell me kids are a lot of work so it's probably for the best. My brother wholeheartedly agreed and jumped in with how I wouldn't be able to keep up with a kid because it's so freaking hard so it's totally for the best. Ummm... well if my MC was the same as you seeing a BFN then your daughter is basically the same as my cat.

And obviously I'm not taking out my dislike for my brother and SIL on my niece. I'm always super nice to her. It isn't her fault her parents are assholes. I spent way more time reading to hear and playing with her and such than nearly anyone else. And I did spend twice as much money on her Christmas presents as I did literally anyone else's.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited January 2016

TW - I don't want this to sound insensitive to anyone having a hard time TTC...

Pet related FFFC here, but different direction. I can NOT stand when people try to suggest that having a pet is the same responsibility as having a child. It's almost the same, except for not even close to being the f-ing same.

I can totally leave out some food and water and leave the house for few days, my two year old will figure it out, right? It's cool if you don't want kids and are happy with your pet, but if you compare my child to your cat one more time, I'm going to get stabby.

I'm so freaking guilty of this. Not comparison in the sense that "my cat is totally as much work and requires as much responsibility as your kid" but I definitely did a lot of comparing things my niece would do my things my cat does when talking to my brother and SIL. They are just so major assholes every single family gathering I gave no f*cks and enjoyed trolling them a little.

***TW: MC mentioned briefly***
    And to be fair, when I told my family about my MC my SIL did compare it to getting a BFN and then tell me kids are a lot of work so it's probably for the best. My brother wholeheartedly agreed and jumped in with how I wouldn't be able to keep up with a kid because it's so freaking hard so it's totally for the best. Ummm... well if my MC was the same as you seeing a BFN then your daughter is basically the same as my cat.

And obviously I'm not taking out my dislike for my brother and SIL on my niece. I'm always super nice to her. It isn't her fault her parents are assholes. I spent way more time reading to hear and playing with her and such than nearly anyone else. And I did spend twice as much money on her Christmas presents as I did literally anyone else's.

Eta qbf

Troll away!!! Your totally in the right on this. My SIL and bil act like they birthed baby Jesus and about how we are lucky we have "no cares in the world and are free" so we take pride in getting her the most obnoxious presents ever. Karaoke machine anyone?! "Not so precious now huh suckers?! Yeah... We are free alright... Free from this house after we totally just dropped off that awful machine. Good luck! Back to our care free life".

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016

• Options
    @anj27 fwiw I vote lie. ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016

• Options
    I've been suddenly bombarded with Lularoe popup party requests and people on multiple Facebook groups I'm in are raving about their leggings. From what I've seen the leggings are fugly as hell and there is no way to order a specific pattern (not really clear on the details but I get there are a ton of swap groups). Is there some reason they are amazing? Cuz I wouldn't leave the house in 98% of the patterns I've seen so far.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @gardeniagirlknits You are a genius my friend. I'm going to start using your methods. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @gardeniagirlknits I've totally done that too! Pre-DS, DH referred to my purse as the "(his name here) bag" and he'd frequently say, "Ugh! Stop talking to me like I'm one of your students!"

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    @gardeniagirlknits I ended up telling my husband the truth including the fact that I was hoping for the opposite decision. So I was given the opportunity to override my cat's decision but I decided that my cat must know what is best for us (I think we all know that I am 100% logical all the time). But I'm never letting him make decisions for us again.  ;)
  • Options
    @anj27 I for real laughed out loud at your ETA
  • Options
    MRSCORKER said:

@gardeniagirlknits You are a genius my friend. I'm going to start using your methods. 

Just think of it as training for your behavioral methods for future LO.... Totes necessary. ;)@MRSCORKER I mean.... You wouldn't run a race without having put in a few miles right?! This is what I tell myself.

@PeggyOlsonFTW I have been known to reply : oh no, my students would have known better than to behave that way. Disclaimer: I do not recommend this statement during your fw. It does not... I repeat not... Set the mood. ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016

• Options
    haha, @gardeniagirlknits I used to say, "Well, if you weren't acting like them, I wouldn't have to."

BFP #3 11/2015, CP