Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Total NOOB here...FFFC stands for????
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My fffc: my schooling and work experience is in the early childhood development field and I use my "Kid tricks" on my husband all the time. I give him "two positve choices" often to get what I want (ex: do you want to walk the dog this morning or in the evening? Instead of "will you go walk the dog") and pack snacks for him in my purse in case he gets grumpy when we are going somewhere. I also keep advil (he gets headaches often) and stain pens and headphones for his cell so that he can tune out on you tube during long road trips. Sprry not sorry, it !akes ky life easier. My friend had taken to calling my purse "his diaper bag" BC it always seems I'm pulling out stuff for him from my purse.

I do this too!! I never knew this was a thing, though.
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @atcwag "Flame Free Friday Confession"...at least, that's what I got when I googled it ;)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    My fffc:  I've been real lax on the pnvs.  Like maybe 10 total in all of November and December.
    Now I'm doing okay at five days out of seven.  My depression - in general and with ttc - always manifests as "f*** it".

Also, Nutella's just okay.

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    atcwag said:
    Total NOOB here...FFFC stands for????
    Flame Free Friday Confession

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Okay, I've thought long and hard, and here's mine:

There are about three women I regularly stalk on FB, because their lives are so messed up that it's like entertainment. Horrible, horrible entertainment. (And by messed-up, let me clarify: these are all women who bring the drama upon themselves. At least, in my eyes.) I was so disappointed when one of them unfriended me a few years back. But still check for the public stuff.

Yes, I know. I am an evil person.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Megzb510 said:
    I've been suddenly bombarded with Lularoe popup party requests and people on multiple Facebook groups I'm in are raving about their leggings. From what I've seen the leggings are fugly as hell and there is no way to order a specific pattern (not really clear on the details but I get there are a ton of swap groups). Is there some reason they are amazing? Cuz I wouldn't leave the house in 98% of the patterns I've seen so far.
    I've heard they're amazingly comfortable and that the material/fabric is really nice. I've been on some of the FB groups but haven't bought anything yet because, like you said, I think most of the patterns are totally insane. Maybe good for a sweatpants replacement? But hell no I wouldn't actually leave the house wearing a lot of those patterns. I'm also confused about how they only come in two sizes? How does that work?

You can order a specific pattern as the buyer though (not the consultant/seller), but each one is limited. I think they do it that way to try to drive demand ... like, get it now before it's gone! buy it before someone else does and you'll never see it again! Andplusalso, no returns - just exchanges within 14 days.

But that being said, if you do the online pop-ups you can see the photo album of all the specific leggings, etc., that they host/consultant is selling at that time and you can pick what you specifically want to buy.

(I don't sell this stuff! I'm just so confused/intrigued by it and spent wayyyy too much time last weekend looking at these fb groups)

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    My fffc: my schooling and work experience is in the early childhood development field and I use my "Kid tricks" on my husband all the time. I give him "two positve choices" often to get what I want (ex: do you want to walk the dog this morning or in the evening? Instead of "will you go walk the dog") and pack snacks for him in my purse in case he gets grumpy when we are going somewhere. I also keep advil (he gets headaches often) and stain pens and headphones for his cell so that he can tune out on you tube during long road trips. Sprry not sorry, it !akes ky life easier. My friend had taken to calling my purse "his diaper bag" BC it always seems I'm pulling out stuff for him from my purse.
    @gardeniagirlknits You're a GENIUS. Definitely going to try this "two positive choices" trick with DH. 

Also, your purse contents are amazing. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @gardeniagirlknits You are my hero! I must steal this idea! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    My FFFC is that we opened our first beer at 1:30 this afternoon.  Snow day FTW!
    I want all the beer! 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    @gardeniagirlknits YES! I ALSO DO THIS!!!!
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited January 2016

I want all the beer! 
    ETA: Quote Box, I put too much faith in you.....
    Agreed, I not only see no problem in this, but also wish I was now in a snowstorm so we could also do this.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
  • Options

• Options
    I want all the beer! 
    I fully believe snow days should be spent slightly intoxicated. 

Especially if you have to go out and shovel. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options

The husband bag contents.... All stuff lives in a wet bag that goes into the purse anytime we are going to be in the car for longer than an hour. Bc if he gets grumpy about something... It's all downhill. I add the snacks and bottled water the day of. Plus stuff I always keep in my purse like chapstick... And voila. Happy husband. Hungry, thirst, Sun, wind, hot, cold, dry, wet, messy, bored, smelly, runny nose.... It's all covered folks. Usually there is a small travel sized deodorant in there as well but we are traveling so it's in use. He would kill me if he knew I was sharing this!!! (not really but you know...). Can't wait for a baby when I can totally justify a seperate bag and let the hubby and baby share it. ;)

Eta: the coconut oil is not for lube on the go.... Although, ya never know when ttc?!!!!! Lol. It's what we use instead of lotion. He has really dry skin.

@gardeniagirlknits you are going to make an awesome mom! My diaper bag is nowhere near that organized and I have NEVER heard of 2 positive choices but I will be employing that on both my husband and my 4 year old!!
  • Options
    MamaMunn said:
    I want all the beer! 

I just put a bottle of wine in the freezer to chill it faster. GET IN MY BELLY!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Glad I could be of service ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    @gardeniagirlknits - you are such a good & prepared mama wife!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    MRSCORKER said:

MamaMunn said:

I want all the beer! 

-----qbf-----

I don't know how well this would work for a wine bottle, but you can totally wrap a damp (almost dripping) paper towel around a beer bottle before putting it in the freezer and it'll be chilled in about 15-20 minutes

edited because words are hard when you're mobile
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @missteacherlady16 ALL THE BEER.

@mrsdee15 I won't tell if you won't.

@MRSCORKER Wine in the freezer.  Respect.

@Mamamunn Shortly after I moved south (to VA from NY), I learned that people here have a great policy about snow: they say that the Good Lord put the snow there, so he can take it away, too.  It's been snowing since 10am and not a single snow plow has mobilized.  Residential roads won't be plowed until at least late tomorrow, so even if I bothered shoveling the snow, I wouldn't be able to get past the end of the driveway.  So, F that noise.  BEERS FOR EVERYONE!  No snow shovels required.

Possibly related (to beers and snow days): I'm so late to this party, but I've been binge-watching Parenthood for the last few weeks.  Oh my god it is the best.

Edited for spelling because beer.
  • Options
    -----qbf----- I don't know how well this would work for a wine bottle, but you can total wrap a damp (almost dripping) around a beer bottle before putting it in the freezer and it'll be chilled in about 15-20 minutes
    I've done that on wine bottles! 30 minutes works a little better for the larger size. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So I went to the grocery store because I do legitimately need eggs, and a few odds and ends. I can't believe the hysteria over this snow storm. Like, I live in a fairly large philly burb and people are acting like its the end of the world. ALL of the celery, baby carrots, bananas, and mushrooms (?) were out. ALL.

Why?

It's 2016. It's not a rural area. Get over it.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options

@missteacherlady16 ALL THE BEER.

@mrsdee15 I won't tell if you won't.

@MRSCORKER Wine in the freezer.  Respect.

@Mamamunn Shortly after I moved south (to VA from NY), I learned that people here have a great policy about snow: they say that the Good Lord put the snow there, so he can take it away, too.  It's been snowing since 10am and not a single snow plow has mobilized.  Residential roads won't be plowed until at least late tomorrow, so even if I bothered shoveling the snow, I wouldn't be able to get past the end of the driveway.  So, F that noise.  BEERS FOR EVERYONE!  No snow shovels required.

Possibly related (to beers and snow days): I'm so late to this party, but I've been binge-watching Parenthood for the last few weeks.  Oh my god it is the best.

Edited for spelling because beer.

Oh how I miss the south sometimes. We had more "snow days" in Texas than we ever did in Denver. And there was more snow in Denver.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016

• Options
    @missteacherlady16 I too live in a large Philly burb and OMG with the grocery store. I think everyone I making soup. There were no onions, celery or carrots left at Wegmans yesterday.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19

• Options

MRSCORKER said:

MamaMunn said:

I want all the beer! 

-----qbf-----

I don't know how well this would work for a wine bottle, but you can total wrap a damp (almost dripping) around a beer bottle before putting it in the freezer and it'll be chilled in about 15-20 minutes

@missteacherlady16 - works like a charm on wine bottles, too. At least that's what I've heard
  • Options
    Lulucooks said:
    FFFC I don't carry a purse And I always left DD's diaper bag in the car

Yeah, my "purse" is literally a wallet with a strap. My sister gets mad whenever I call it my purse lol.
  • Options
    Megzb510 said:

I've been suddenly bombarded with Lularoe popup party requests and people on multiple Facebook groups I'm in are raving about their leggings. From what I've seen the leggings are fugly as hell and there is no way to order a specific pattern (not really clear on the details but I get there are a ton of swap groups). Is there some reason they are amazing? Cuz I wouldn't leave the house in 98% of the patterns I've seen so far.

OMG the leggings truly are amazing. So comfy as a sweatpants alternative or otherwise. I have 3 pairs. There are definitely some fugly patterns, but plenty of great ones too. As a buyer, you get to pick - they have solid colors too. I actually love many of the bold patterns and think that paired with a solid tunic and boots makes for a pretty good outfit. I love the Irma tops - order 2 sizes down though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

TW - I don't want this to sound insensitive to anyone having a hard time TTC...

Pet related FFFC here, but different direction. I can NOT stand when people try to suggest that having a pet is the same responsibility as having a child. It's almost the same, except for not even close to being the f-ing same.

I can totally leave out some food and water and leave the house for few days, my two year old will figure it out, right? It's cool if you don't want kids and are happy with your pet, but if you compare my child to your cat one more time, I'm going to get stabby.

Yes! I have a friend of a friend who calls her dog her son in a very serious way. Another friend posted a meme about being a dad to a furbaby on Father's Day. Neither one wants kids. Nope, it's not the same at all.
  • Options
    atcwag said:

Ok....I have a couple, some repeat(ish)-

1. I dislike my dog. She's a fine dog I guess, but she's spiteful and anytime I take DS upstairs she pees and/or shits on the floor. If I put her in her crate, she whines and he won't nap. If she suddenly found a new home, I wouldn't be upset.

2. DH's weight is getting out of control. He's probably pushing 400 lbs. He's tall and played college football, so it's a battle to not "eat like an athlete" anymore, but I feel like he doesn't even try. I don't know how to help him and my comments about "how about you have some yogurt" or "how about we share an orange" instead of another helping of dinner come off as condescending. We both need to make better choices, but I'm really afraid for his long-term health and ability to be a healthy daddy for our kiddos. Plus, buying clothes for him is getting astronomically expensive and hard to find. I also feel totally horrible saying it, but it's getting a little embarrassing.

3. As a breastfeeding mama of a toddler, I'm getting so sick of BFing having to be "defended". I think it's such a ridiculous argument. I have a love hate relationship with all the media coverage, arguments, nurse-ins and photos. It all just seems like such a non-issue to me. Why do people care? I also think that unless you've breastfed, you don't get an opinion.

4. This whole "snowmageddon" fiasco is laughable to me. In my area, we don't ever cancel anything. It's totally normal to us. We actually have a mega snowplow for roads nicknamed "plowzilla". We got about 12" one day last week and no one batted an eye. I know other areas just aren't used to it, prepared for it, and don't have resources to deal with it; but it's just so funny to me. Schools don't close here unless it's -15 actual temperature or below (wind chill could be anything) and I've never heard of businesses closing because of weather. I've never been called off work due to weather.

I can relate to # 3. I'm a nursing my 1 yr old and while I whole heartedly support nursing we also use formula and I'm not in the "breast is best camp" either. I have 2 children and the child I nursed the longest is way sicker than the one I only nursed for 5 months.
  • Options
    atcwag said:
    As a breastfeeding mama of a toddler, I'm getting so sick of BFing having to be "defended". I think it's such a ridiculous argument. I have a love hate relationship with all the media coverage, arguments, nurse-ins and photos. It all just seems like such a non-issue to me. Why do people care? I also think that unless you've breastfed, you don't get an opinion.
    Agree with you here. I have only been to one nurse in and that was local. It was kind of fun. We all brought hot coco and chatted. It was less protest and more get-together. Folks always want to comment on extended nursing or NIP. For some weird reason people get their panties twisted about it. I don't get it either.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited January 2016

atcwag said:

As a breastfeeding mama of a toddler, I'm getting so sick of BFing
    having to be "defended". I think it's such a ridiculous argument. I have
    a love hate relationship with all the media coverage, arguments,
    nurse-ins and photos. It all just seems like such a non-issue to me. Why
    do people care? I also think that unless you've breastfed, you don't
    get an opinion.

Agree with you here. I have only been to one nurse in and that was local. It was kind of fun. We all brought hot coco and chatted. It was less protest and more get-together. Folks always want to comment on extended nursing or NIP. For some weird reason people get their panties twisted about it. I don't get it either.

Eta qbf

@PrimRoseMama what does NIP stand for ? I googled but only came up with "ninjas in pyjamas". I feeeeeeeeel like that's not what your talking about ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016