April 2016 Moms
Options

**The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for April Mamas**

• Options
    AliSummer said:
    I did something like this for DD. The nursery is upstairs, so downstairs we had a basket for baby gear - diapers, wipes, diaper cream, and a burp rag. She was pretty much always wrapped in a thin blanket, so we just laid her on that on the floor/couch. Now we just keep her diaper bag with all that stuff (minus burp rags) in the living room for downstairs diaper changes. 
    For me, I had a basket that traveled between our two bathrooms with me. It had pads, my squirt bottle, ibuprofen, Tucks pads, dermoplast (this is the best stuff EVER),  and breast pads. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    AliSummer said:
    I did something like this for DD. The nursery is upstairs, so downstairs we had a basket for baby gear - diapers, wipes, diaper cream, and a burp rag. She was pretty much always wrapped in a thin blanket, so we just laid her on that on the floor/couch. Now we just keep her diaper bag with all that stuff (minus burp rags) in the living room for downstairs diaper changes. 
    For me, I had a basket that traveled between our two bathrooms with me. It had pads, my squirt bottle, ibuprofen, Tucks pads, dermoplast (this is the best stuff EVER),  and breast pads. 
    I'm not a fan of changing tables, so I'll definitely do the diaper change basket. For the bathroom one, I'd probably have one basket for each bathroom. I'd feel a little self-conscious carrying it around the house. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you guys seen this liar, liar, pants on fire thread???  :D

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12655692/sibling-name-for-quints/p1
  • Options
    emgee27 said:

Oh wow. That girl has problems.
  • Options

Why would someone make that up though? That is totally weird.
  • Options
    LOL what a weird thing to lie about!
  • Options

@mrstrax I know I shouldn't, but I google images of babies born at the week I'm at...just to give myself assurance that if something were to go wrong right now she'd have a chance. Many of them look alright, but there are many as well that make me say a little prayer and tell her to stay put right now! When my DD was born, it was the December BMB, and I think the earliest we had one show up then was Halloween? Actually, looking back at some old threads I saw that same mom and she had her second kid, who was also born super early...both of her boys are doing well though!

I literally do the same thing every week on my ticket change day. I look up pictures and survival rates. I can't help myself!
  • Options

emgee27 said:

Why would someone make that up though? That is totally weird.

Histrionic personality disorder.
  • Options
    emgee27emgee27 member
    edited January 2016
    I too was completely fascinated that someone would make up something like that! Especially when, come on, we can look that up.

ETA: totally googled "Histrionic personality disorder" 
  • Options

So I'm anxious right now... got a call from my doctor's office saying my glucose test results were a little bit over the normal range so I have to go in for the 3 hour test. I took an early glucose test in the first trimester and passed, so this comes as a bit of a shock to me. I'm really bummed that I get to spend all Thursday morning at the doctor office to take that test.

• Options

So I'm anxious right now... got a call from my doctor's office saying my glucose test results were a little bit over the normal range so I have to go in for the 3 hour test. I took an early glucose test in the first trimester and passed, so this comes as a bit of a shock to me. I'm really bummed that I get to spend all Thursday morning at the doctor office to take that test.

That stinks. FX that it's nothing!
  • Options
    emgee27 said:

I too was completely fascinated that someone would make up something like that! Especially when, come on, we can look that up.

ETA: totally googled "Histrionic personality disorder" 

Now that you did, I can guarantee you can think of at least one friend or acquaintance from your lifetime who meets the description! :D
  • Options

Argh, what a headache! The 1h is a screening test though, so it has a high sensitivity but lower specificity and lower positive predictive value. Meaning, it has lots of false positives! So here's hoping that this was a false positive and the 3 h test will be Ok!
  • Options
    emgee27 said:

Wow lol

• Options

With my mom her GD didn't show up until much later in pregnancies, which is why I didn't do mine until I actually hit the third tri mark. Even if you do have it it's ok I promise.
  • Options

Simba is running away. Any idea how expensive shipping a 20-pound kitty would be?

You can ship him to me! I miss having a kitty...
  • Options

Simba is running away. Any idea how expensive shipping a 20-pound kitty would be?

You can ship him to me! I miss having a kitty...
    He's an asshole, but I dare say I'd miss waking up to the feeling of suffocating because he's sitting on my throat. And the 50-pound dog is scared of him, so that's cheap entertainment.
  • Options
    May '16 is at it again.
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:

May '16 is at it again.

What a disaster. As usual, going over there made me sooooo grateful for April 16!
    What are they up to this time?

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    May '16 is at it again.
    I had to go take a gander. How amusing. There was some drama here a few months ago but I don't think it got quite so out of hand.
  • Options
    Very amusing indeed. @NOLA520 agreed with everything you said there.

• Options
    emgee27emgee27 member
    edited January 2016

May '16 is at it again.

I had to go take a gander. How amusing. There was some drama here a few months ago but I don't think it got quite so out of hand.
    ------------------
    I just spent almost 2 hours reading all their drama! Yowza.
  • Options
    Report it to the store/landlord. They will usually investigate, view tape, etc. If all else fails, report it to your insurance company.
  • Options
    thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited January 2016

Cats and their boxes! Never fails!!!
    This is why I am very hesitant to put a bassinet in my bedroom when baby is born. I have 2 cats, and a bassinet is nothing but a fancy "box", but also layered with Cozy , soft materials. I have no question my cats would be in there with the baby in no time...
  • Options
    @thaisac1 that's gorgeous. My plan is to shut our bedroom door so the cats can't get in. I feel a little guilty about it but I don't know of another way to stop the cats from being all over baby.
  • Options
    @AmadorRose I don't think we would have the guts to do that... We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and everyone sleeps in our bedroom. They have done so for their entire lives... I would hate for them to associate the baby with something that makes them angry (i.e.: losing sleep privileges :D ). Plus they would most certainly scratch the door trying to come in....

I did order an electrical glider that reclines to a full horizontal position, so push comes to shove I can snooze in the nursery, on this glider when absolutely needed.... I think :D
  • Options
    @AEG84  if you are still looking at the BOB Stroller - it's now $139.98!!! They have one at Mesa East and one at Westridge! I'm not telling DH that they got any cheaper because we already unboxed and set ours up! Ha ha.
  • Options
    @allaire314 I'm seriously so torn! Both of those stores are a good 30+ minutes away from me (honestly, more like 45) and this is our busiest week at work so odds of me being able to sneak away for a long lunch to go hunt are slim. But...$140 BOB! So tempting!  (And yeah, I wouldn't say anything either - you still got a killer deal!)
  • Options
    @AEG84Mesa East isn't far from me - I can pick it up and you can pay me back at the meet up if you want!
  • Options
    @thaisac1 that's gorgeous. My plan is to shut our bedroom door so the cats can't get in. I feel a little guilty about it but I don't know of another way to stop the cats from being all over baby.
    I always shut my cat out of my room at night because he will wake me up. No guilt! :smile: 
  • Options
    I just read all of that nonsense! If I was part of May 16 BMB (which I totally could be because I'm due 4/30 so I'm just going to have to push this sucker out of me early) I would probably have gone ballistic. Just reading the arguments I was in the supposed "losing" side of things. Jeez

@NOLA520 you rock my socks off

@elasticheart13 I'm sure it's TB acting up again but someone on May 16 board has your picture as their avatar. I'll PM you
  • Options
    OMG wow, at the May thread. I lost a little respect for some posters that I previously appreciated based on that. And gained some for others that I'd not previously gotten to know. Some very well thought out posts in there. But the attempts to shut down that thread would not have gone over well with me. I mean, seriously? Who the fuck cares if it's no longer Thursday? MY OPINIONS ARE UNPOPULAR AND THEY CANNOT BE CONTAINED!

@allaire314, I will let you know - that is such a sweet offer! I think DH wants to hold out for our shower and see if he gets his yellow stroller (*cough cough eyesore cough*)... he hasn't asked for much other than that and a crap ton of Cardinals gear, so I'm torn.
  • Options
    Which thread is it? I can't find the drama. 

• Options
    @yodiggity here you go - good stuff doesn't start til page 4 or so.