3rd Trimester
Options

Induction at 33 weeks; extreme trigger warning **UPDATE - BIRTH STORY**

alanna3622alanna3622 member
edited January 2016 in 3rd Trimester
My baby has passed away. We are going back in the morning to be induced. We don't know why this has happened.

I will need to pick up stuff in the morning as we hadn't packed our hospital bag yet. The doctor said I most likely won't get a c-section, as those are usually done for issues relating to baby's health. I guess I will buy maxi pads and witch hazel from the drugstore? Pack slippers and phone charger.

I don't know why this would have happened. I heard a baby crying in the labour ward today and it made me feel like I was losing my mind.

Please tell me this gets better.

Re: Induction at 33 weeks; extreme trigger warning **UPDATE - BIRTH STORY**

• Options
    I am so sorry. I don't have any consoling words right now as nothing I can say will take the pain away but know that we all will be thinking about you. Warm T&Ps to you
  • Options
    Thanks @mamacastro. DH just fell asleep and I am lying here with my hands on my belly.

I had a nasty cold with a fever this past week. I was taking Tylenol. Maybe I didn't take enough and the fever hurt my son?

This is so sick and unfair and total bullshit.

So grateful for DH who has been so supportive. I feel so sad for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't imagine how your feeling nor pretend to but know in your heart when things like this happen it wasn't anything you did or didn't do. There is a board on here for loss you may find some help or consoling there with other women who have faced this. Again I am so very sorry and wish I could take your pain away
  • Options
    @alanna3622

I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to think of what to say in terms of consoling words as nothing seems to be good enough for this tragic situation. All I can say is that we (the TB members) are here for you and as the PP mentioned, there is a board for this type of topic and they may have some advice as well. 

I know a friend of mine whom I am close with lost her child as well (before she and I knew each other). She's able to talk about it (I heard her talking about it a while ago) and if you would like, I can try asking her what / if any advice she has? Let me know. 

*HUGS* 
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• Options
    Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. I'm sitting here crying for you right now. Sending you prayers as you get ready to deliver your son. Please now that nothing you did or didn't do caused this- please don't blame yourself. Take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. Xoxo

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Don't blame yourself. My heartfelt thoughts go out to you and your DH. Will be praying for you during this difficult time. Take care of yourself and don'tbe afraid to ask for support.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss :cry:
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and send lots of prayers your way.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy-- please don't blame yourself in any way. Thoughts and prayers to you
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through. Hugs to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. As previous posters have said, try not to blame yourself.

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do or say that would bring you peace.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you ladies. I really appreciate your kind words.

They told me that they can aggressively induce and aggressively manage pain when the baby's health is not in issue. And that there is basically zero chance of a c-section which is a relief in terms of recovery time. We leave for the hospital in an hour.

I was working 2 jobs and going nuts with nesting. I guess I just got run down and didn't treat the fever the way I should have. It is so unfair that this past week, right before I got sick, I had just finished my baby list -- crib, clothing, diaper system, and got all the gear except breast pump. The only thing I didn't do was pack a hospital bag. Part of me dreads going to the hospital and the other part dreads coming hone. The nursery is in our master bedroom.

They have all of these crazy questions like do we want to hold him afterwards and autopsy/remains issues and "family" photos. How is a person supposed to make these decisions? I only want for this not to have happened at all. DH can't bear the thought and has asked if I want to try again. I can't even think of how to answer that.

How is it that women get pregnant who don't even want their babies? This just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    My heart breaks for you. Please take care of yourself and know every woman here will be sending love and positive thoughts to you for now and for your future. Xoxo
  • Options
    i am so so sorry to hear this has happened to you :'( i cant even begin to imagine what you & DH are going through. sending thoughts & prayers your way.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers for you and your family. As pp said, don't blame yourself!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family through this rough time
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    I am so, so, so sorry. Please do not blame yourself for this horrible tragedy. I am thinking of and praying for you.
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss :( T&Ps to you!
  • Options
    My heart broke when I read this. I'm so terribly sorry. 
  • Options
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I wish that there was something that we could do to help take away your pain.
  • Options
    I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I hope you find peace sooner than later. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry for your loss and can't imagine what you are going through. Nothing you did wrong caused this to happen and I hope eventually you can see that. There is a late loss board on here with women going through the same heartbreak. Perhaps they can lend some advice or you can see that you aren't alone.
    Wishing you peace,healing, and strength. <3
  • Options
    So sorry about your loss. Thoughts are with you today.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. Life is truly unfair when things like this happen.
    You did nothing wrong! Please do not continue to blame yourself.

I hope yesterday went as smooth as possible and that you have a quick recovery. I pray you find peace.
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    I'm so sorry for for loss. My heart is broken for you and your husband. There's nothing fair about what's happening, and this is definitely not your fault. Major hugs to you, and know that you're supported here.
  • Options

***Lurking from May 2016***

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. Sending nothing but positive and healing thoughts your way!

• Options
    So sorry for your loss...can't imagine... <3
  • Options
    Lurking from Sept 2016

I am so so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and praying for healing and peace during this difficult time.

I also second PPs suggestion of using Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, if you want to. I am a postpartum nurse and many of our patients have worked with this organization. They do such a wonderful job of celebrating the baby's life and making memories for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers for you and like other pp's have said do NOT blame yourself.  That is the worst thing you can do.  I know it is only natural to think those thoughts, but really in the end it is nothing you did or didn't do.  As trite as it may sound, it just happens sometimes and it really really really sucks.   As hard as it is, I would totally go with getting some pictures b/c even if it does not seem like it right now you will probably want something to remember him by later on after you have went through the grieving process.  Again, thoughts and prayers for you.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss and I can't imagine what you're going through right now! Know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! :'(
  • Options
    I am so very, very sorry. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Do not blame yourself and take all the time you need to grieve, lean on your DH for support as well.