November 2015 Moms
Options

PP weight loss thread

Hi ladies

I thought seeing as we had a weight gain thread it might be a nice idea to have a postpartum weight loss thread. We could do a weekly check in to keep us accountable.

So I guess I'll start. By the time I delivered I gained 40lbs. At 12 days pp I've lost about 18lbs but I would like to lose a bit more than I gained, so I'm aiming to lose another 30lbs by the time I go back to work at the beginning of April.

My plan is to walk every afternoon with Elliott and then at the beginning of January when he's had his first round of shots and can go to the crèche, I'll start going to the gym again.

Re: PP weight loss thread

• Options
    Haven't delivered yet but being induced today. Weighed myself and I am up 28 lbs total. I was overweight to start, so my goal is to lose 44 lbs so I can be back down to where I was when I got married. Good luck!!

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Options
    I gained about 30 lbs total, am down 15 already, but like you ladies want to lose a little more than I gained, so I'm aiming for another 20-25lbs. Not too focused on it right now, but I'll probably start back up on cardio sometime soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Shelbyville30Shelbyville30 member
    edited November 2015
    Not due until the 28th, but can NOT wait to have physical activity as part of my routine again. Not just for the body... I need that mental calm it brings. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!!

Great thread, can't wait to participate once the babe is here.

Good luck ladies!! :)

Edited bc it didn't post everything I wrote. Boo.
  • Options
    I gained 6lbs- only due to the fact I was already overweight. So far I've lost 14lbs but I want to be in better shape for my little family so I'm aiming for another 21lbs. I plan on lots of stroller walks and continuing my gestational diabetes diet to keep carbs under control.
  • Options
    amandalt823amandalt823 member
    edited November 2015
    I gained 30 lbs. 9 days postpartum and down 20 lbs. I still had some weight on me from my first pregnancy so I'd like to lose another 25/30 pounds -in a perfect world :) I'd be happy just to get the remaining weight from this pregnancy off and go from there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm down to 10lb lighter than I was at time of conception. I am chalking it up to breast feeding, smaller, more frequent meals, and running after my 2 Y.O. I'd eventually like to lose another 90 by 2017(gotta keep it realistic or it won't happen).
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I gained a total of 35 lbs, I am 18 days pp and have lost 20 lbs.. I have a feeling the last 15 might come off a little slower and am hoping by Christmas to have lost most of that weight..
    I've have started to do some ab work and other exercisizes when I have a moment.
  • Options

I gained exactly 35 lbs. and 6 days PP I have lost 16 lbs. I am a small framed person and look forward to working out again to get my pre-preggo body back! That being said, I'm pretty impressed with how resilient my body has already been! I expected to still look about 6 months pregnant and if I look back at my weekly photos, I'd say I look more like I did at 4 months. This experience has really shown me how amazing my body is! I grew another life inside of my body, delivered that life through my body & now I feed him with my body! It's just so incredible!!

I used to be mean and critical of my body but just like you said, now I think it's amazing and I'm going to be much nicer to it.

I look at my baby and think holy crap! I made him. My body is amazing.
  • Options
    Have not delivered but it is something I've been thinking about lately! I have gained...are you ready?... About 65 lbs!! There I said it! (I was gonna wait till there was another high-weight-gainer before I admired it, but wth)
    For the record, my doctors have not in the least been concerned, and I've very gratefully had a smooth pregnancy with just normal issues! Much of the weight is probably because I was vegan for years and years; until I was pregnant. That first trimester I wanted all the meat!!
    Apparently my mom also gained an absurd amount of weight and was able to lose it all and look fabulous each time (5 babies!)
    I've been eating way healthy, but I am so excited to be able to run!
    Anyway, I'm going to try and keep up I this thread because I know this is a lot weight I want to lose!!
  • Options
    Pontot31Pontot31 member
    edited November 2015

Have not delivered but it is something I've been thinking about lately! I have gained...are you ready?... About 65 lbs!! There I said it! (I was gonna wait till there was another high-weight-gainer before I admired it, but wth)
    For the record, my doctors have not in the least been concerned, and I've very gratefully had a smooth pregnancy with just normal issues! Much of the weight is probably because I was vegan for years and years; until I was pregnant. That first trimester I wanted all the meat!!
    Apparently my mom also gained an absurd amount of weight and was able to lose it all and look fabulous each time (5 babies!)
    Anyway, I'm going to try and keep up I this thread because I know this is a lot weight I want to lose!!

I gained 75lbs with my daughter! 45 was gone in a week. The rest was gone by 8 months PP.

This time I just hit 20lbs gained at 38 weeks and the last few I know are swelling. Hoping it's all gone and then some by the time I deliver!
  • Options

I haven't delivered yet either but have gained about 55lbs and also can't wait to run again! I chalk mine up to being so exhausted that all I could do was sleep and I went from being a very active person to being a couch potato pretty quickly. I can't wait to get out with LO for walks and eventually runs with my new jogging stroller :) I am also very, very swollen. I've had swelling issues since about 16 weeks that have slowly gotten worse over time no matter what I do to try and reduce it.
  • Options
    This is a great thread! I'm also not due until the 28th so still have just under three weeks to go. Just hit the 20 lb mark but seem to be slowing down on the weight gain (8 lbs came on between 32 and 37 weeks!) I aim to lose what I've put on plus some - in the several months following delivery- again, I was overweight when I got pregnant and definitely want to be as healthy as I can be for me and my family!

Way to go ladies! I know we can do it.
  • Options
    Good job ladies!!!
    I was 135 before baby and when I delivered I was 185...
    My baby is 12 days old and I'm down to 155:
    20 pounds to go.
    I haven't been exercising or anything yet but I've just Been eating better and I think breastfeeding is helping too!
  • Options
    Still pregnant here but I've gained almost 40 pounds. Plan on working out at home when cleared by my doctor after delivery but not going to push myself too hard. Like others have said, I am so amazed by what my body has done and I am vowing to be a lot nicer to it now :) we have all created a life! Remarkable. And also it took 10 months to gain this much, so I'll give myself at least that much time to take it off!!!
  • Options
    I don't know how much I gained exactly, because my last doctors appointment was a little over two weeks before baby came. At that point I weighed 130, up 25 from my prepregnancy weight. On our scale at home this morning I was 120, so I'll say that I'm down about 10 pounds 6 days post baby.
  • Options
    C-section tomorrow, iv gained around 45-50lbs :(

My plan is to lose at least 30-35lbs but no set date on when I want it all gone. I hope to lose this weight by doing work outs at home, jogging the highschool track, and walking with the kids when the weather is nice. I don't drive so that should be an easy one for me to keep up with.
  • Options
    @Pontot31 What do you think was different between the two pregnancies that caused such a big weight difference?
  • Options
    Pre baby I was 158. Iv officially gained 23 pounds. I would like to be at 125-115 after baby is born. Already found a gym and have my mind set and ready. I was surprised that I did not gain more weight than I did so I'm great full for that. But if only losing weight makes you lose the stretch marks :)
  • Options
    @MercyC1130
    Last time I had high BP and got put on bed rest at 34 weeks. I also had zero morning sickness. I was so swollen by the end that I would guess about 30 of those pounds were water weight.

This time I was sick for the first 3 months and then got diagnosed with GD at 23 weeks. (I had a large baby last time too, so I got tested early) I had only gained 15 lbs when I got diagnosed and then lost some
    I just finally gained 5 pounds over the last few weeks, but most of it is swelling too.

It's been amazing the difference between the 2 pregnancies. I feel so much healthier this time.
  • Options
    Charismatic69Charismatic69 member
    edited November 2015
    I only gained 10lb during my pregnancy. I lost that 10lb after baby was born. But now 7wks pp I'm struggling to lose more weight. I'm a biggish lass anyway so I'm aiming to try lose 28lbs before Christmas if I can.
    I've got a few home workout DVDs & I try get to the gym when I can. But trouble is I just love food!!

ETA- To say you ladies are doing great with your weight losses. Keep it up :blush:
  • Options
    I was 111 pre pregnancy and 138 the week before delivery. Day of delivery I was told I lost 3lbs so was 135 (this blows my mind). I don't have a scale so I'm not sure what I weigh now, but I just can't wait to go for a run because it sounds like it will feel so good! I also am really looking forward to doing some core work as I feel like my back is really weak after being pregnant.
  • Options
    This thread makes me feel a lot better.  I gained about 44 pounds and 2 days PP had only lost 13lbs.  Baby was nearly 9 so I was confused!  Now at 6 days PP I have lost 17.  I do have to say that I am very happy with the way I look physically though.  I look about 4 months rather than the 6 I was expecting and the big fat thighs have diminished considerably.  I am also pretty sure that there is 10lbs of milk in my boobs.
    YCSWU 

• Options
    jscasherjscasher member
    edited November 2015
    I'm 18 days pp and had gained about 36 pounds, and I've lost 29. I think it came off so quickly in the beginning because I was so stressed going back and forth between home and the NICU and was not eating well. I think now that I've got him home, I'm eating better and things will slow down a bit!
  • Options
    @Pontot31 Thanks for sharing :)
     I'm glad you've felt good this pregnancy and no BP issues!

• Options
    To the ladies who have already delivered, when did you start working out (or have you yet)? I would like to be able to swim and walk but walking will be difficult with the cold coming on and I really don't want to swim while I'm still bleeding.

Have any of your doctors given you an idea of when it's safe to start working out?
  • Options
    They don't recommend it until after your 6 weeks check up @rachswi.
  • Options
    rachswi said:
    To the ladies who have already delivered, when did you start working out (or have you yet)? I would like to be able to swim and walk but walking will be difficult with the cold coming on and I really don't want to swim while I'm still bleeding.

Have any of your doctors given you an idea of when it's safe to start working out?
    My doc told me as long as I'm feeling ok, I can do some light exercising like walking or sit ups, etc, after two weeks, but listen to my body and don't push it. She told me not to get out and run or try to do anything more intense until my 6 week check up. Make sure you talk to yours and see what they see, obviously every woman and doctor is different...
  • Options
    I've been taking 15 minute walks every day since 1 week PP but I've been told no other exercise until I've been cleared at the 6 week check up and no swimming until the bleeding has stopped.
  • Options
    I'm 40w today and up 40lbs. I was about 10 lbs overweight to begin with, so I'd really live to lose 50 post partum. Oh man, that sounds like a HUGE ammount right now. 
  • Options
    Has everyone on this thread been working out or has there diet changed drastically to decrease in weight so quickly ?! I'm not due till Nov 20th so I'm waiting to see how much I lose. I know you initially lose around 10 pounds because of the baby and the fluid but how is everyone decreasing to 20/30 pounds in just a few weeks. I'm asking this because I was extremely skinny before and would actually like to keep the baby weight on certain parts of my body. Does your body just naturally lose the weight or is it by action you guys have been doing pp :)
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited November 2015
    eilykylie said:

Has everyone on this thread been working out or has there diet changed drastically to decrease in weight so quickly ?! I'm not due till Nov 20th so I'm waiting to see how much I lose. I know you initially lose around 10 pounds because of the baby and the fluid but how is everyone decreasing to 20/30 pounds in just a few weeks. I'm asking this because I was extremely skinny before and would actually like to keep the baby weight on certain parts of my body. Does your body just naturally lose the weight or is it by action you guys have been doing pp :)

FTM, so I have no previous experience, I haven't been working out at all (gave birth one week ago) but have lost 16ish lbs. There's the weight from baby, placenta, etc, then I think most of the pounds I've shed are due to burning extra calories from breastfeeding. Depending on your swelling during pregnancy too, a lot of people say if it's water weight it just melts away.

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    edited November 2015
    I don't remember exactly where I started, but I think I gained around 35 lbs.  I'm only a week and a day (well, I'm up for a night feeding, so technically two days) PP, and I don't know what I weigh now (I will probably find out at my 2w PP on Monday, but I don't weigh at home).  I can say that since Friday or so, my belly has been visibly shrinking every day.  My LO came via CS, so there is still some bloating and re-settling going on in that area.  I'm sure at some point it will plateau, but it's kind of fascinating at the moment.
  • Options
    eilykylie said:

They shouldn't be working out.
    You tend to lose more than 10 lbs initially. A lot of your weight gain is water weight too.
    I did absolutely nothing and lost 40 lbs in less than a week after my daughter because of the swelling I had.
    Breastfeeding also takes a lot of your nutrients. I was morning hungry BFing than pregnant so that made me lose a lot.
    You'll still likely look pregnant for a while even if you lose a lot of the weight.
  • Options
    With DD1 I had a c-section and was in the hospital for 3 days. I had lost all of the baby weight (26 lbs) before I left. Once I stopped breastfeeding (2 weeks later) I gained 5 back and never lost it. My doctor told me the younger you are typically the easier it is for you to lose the extra pounds so I'm hoping that holds true for DD2 as well.
  • Options
    Gained 38 but like everyone else would like to lose a little extra bringing my total desired weight loss to 43 pounds. 6 days PP and I'm down 12 pounds.
  • Options
    I gained 35 lbs by the end of my pregnancy. At 4 days PP I was down 20 lbs already, though I have no idea how. Z was only 8 lbs and I had zero swelling. The rest will probably not leave until I get cleared to start exercise in a few weeks, but I'm ok with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gained about 47 pounds this time around and at 2 weeks pp I'm down 20.4lbs! 
  • Options
    Shit..... I haven't even stepped on the scale yet! LO is one week old and I don't plan of focusing on my weight/body until maybe 1 or 2 months. I would rather focus on baby and nursing. I will lose some but tend to gain while nursing. I swear this first week I have had more cravings than I did my last 2 months of pregnancy. My plan is to just start out with getting my diet back to were it should be then focus on workout after the holidays. Once I start I should be back to my pre preg from kid #3 weight. (I didn't lose all from my last before getting pregnant with this one, I also was t as focused on it because we were trying to get pregnant again)

I like the saying 9 months to put on give yourself 9 months to take off ;)
  • Options
    I gained 23, 6 days PP I've lost 14 pounds. That's 9 to go. I've still got some swelling to go down too. I'm not going to focus on loosing weight until my body is fully healed though.