December 2015 Moms
Options

Things I cant wait to do again...

Re: Things I cant wait to do again...

• Options
    Redbull when I need an energy boost, because Lord knows we mommies need those quite often with a newborn.

A big, tall glass of wine (or maybe the whole bottle).

Raw, frozen chocolate chip cookie dough. Just straight out of the package from the grocery store into my mouth.

Sandwiches - the ones that I don't have to make sure the meat was sliced fresh that day.

SEX! Lots and lots of sex in a variety of positions (using birth control of course) that don't make me feel uncomfortable or in pain during/afterwards.

Having a flat stomach and laying on that stomach whenever I feel like it.

Getting a normal massage, no more prenatals (although I will miss the body pillow).

Having my body back to myself, for the most part.

Getting big boobs from breastfeeding!

Only 8ishh weeks left...
  • Options
    I am sooo glad to see there are other mommies out there that are craving wine/some other form of booze.

I myself am not a big drinker either, maybe 1 glass of wine a week but all I have wanted since the start of this pregnancy is a nice BIG glass of wine. I think its mainly because I found out I was pregnant at my big brother's wedding and couldn't celebrate with everyone else.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rum & coke, sushi, deli sandwiches, sleeping on my back, sitting up/getting dressed/putting on shoes without feeling out of breath, breathing without constant congestion, doing projects around the house (husband thinks he's bob the builder & I can barely help out anymore, we used to enjoy doing renovations before, now I just feel lame & he's exhausted), oh & I'd like for people (besides my husband) to stop touching me, and my husband to touch me more!
  • Options
    Italian subs
    Sushi
    Having a good cuddle with my son, and my husband
    Energy
    More than 1 cup of coffee
    No more iron pills!!
    Lifting stuff
    Having my lady parts be normal again
    Meeting my new bestie
  • Options
    Things I miss and can't wait to do again ? Where do I begin?! I could go on and on but here are my biggies...

-To have the ability to breathe like a normal human being
    -be able to run around with my kids again
    -SLEEP
    -WINE, lots and lots of WINE!
  • Options
    I miss my normal clothes, I feel like my choices are so limited between maternity clothes and pre-pregnancy clothes that I can still wear (cardigans and tunics mostly). 

I am very excited to be able to have Champagne at New Years and Christmas drinks! I don't drink much--but I miss that 1 glass of wine!

I miss not having to worry about soft cheese, lunch meat and sushi!

I want to run real distances again without worrying about the beating on my abs or pelvic floor (I still run a little when I play with my dog).

I am excited for when the baby can wake my husband up too, instead of just keeping me up for hours doing sommersaults!
  • Options
    I already have my first post-pregnancy night planned. I've never been one to go out and drink, but believe me I'm going to. Then I'm coming back home with SO and having the fun we've been missing out on the last couple of months ;)
  • Options
    I think everyone has covered what I would say! The biggest one for me would to be able to breathe...between congestion and lungs being crowded, the struggle is real! Also to be able to do it missionary style!! =))

Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'd love a hunk of oozing french Brie on a bit of fresh baguette.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes, more yes.  All of this.  For me?
     * Italian sub with so much deli meat
     * Raw oysters, fish, steak tartare - basically anything uncooked
     * Chai Tea Lattes from SBux (I'm on a strict no caffeine diet)
     * A nice glass of red after the end of a long day
     * Being able to walk my dog for more than a few blocks without getting swollen ankles
     * Breathing normally again
     * Bending over
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't wait to be able to Walk without feeling like my pelvis is going to shatter.
  • Options
    I want to whiten my teeth
    I want my nose to stop running, bleeding and being congested at night
    I want my hernia and huge blood vessel on my lady parts to GO AWAY and to be able to shave without cutting myself
    I want to sleep for longer than 10 minutes before I have to pee again
    I want my regular clothes back
    I want to ride the rides at theme parks (been to Disney World 2 times while I've been pregnant this time and it sucks!!!)
    I want to stop peeing on myself if I even think about sneezing or coughing or anything!
    I want to drink (not get drunk.. But to drink a drink and enjoy it!)
    I want to look in the mirror and see a normal body again and not huge boobs belly and butt!
    I'm sure I have more!
  • Options
    I want to be done with GD and measuring all of my food portions. It will also be nice to be able to eat pasta, rice, fruit, donuts, etc. again. And I want a beer!
  • Options
    Wear my clothes, wear all my shoes (I am not a flats kind of girl but that's all that fits) have a hard workout, have crazy sex with my hubby, drink champagne, drink coffee, eat sushi.... And cuddle with my new baby and happy man. Is that asking for too much?
  • Options
    Oh man, a Blue Label scotch and a cigar...
  • Options
    I want hard workouts at the gym, and red wine, and eggs over easy. And no more roids.
  • Options
    I can't wait to have my pre prego body back and really start exercising again.
    I can't wait to have my Starbucks doubleshot vanilla energy drinks that would get my day going.
    Wine...definitely
    I want to be able to play sports like throw around a football or play basketball if I want.
    Definitely the sex that doesn't hurt.
    And to leave this GD behind! I hate counting carbs and finger poking!
  • Options
    I can't wait to wake up in the morning and have my stomach feel normal again. I'm so tired a throwing up! 

Can't wait to stop checking my blood sugar and stop eating a snack right before bed. (Have to right now because of diabetes medication for GD.) 

And I can't wait to have far less doctor appointments. 2x per week for NST's has been hard to cram into my schedule.
  • Options
    Can't wait to sleep on my belly and never get heart burn again lol
  • Options
    Be cold, I just want to feel cold air again. But perhaps I should just blame California for that.
  • Options
    I want a smores martini from my favorite martini bar a block from my office.
    I want to be able to work a full day without having rather painful BH contractions.
    I want to be able to tie my shoes and go to the gym when I want, instead of waiting for DH to come home and tie my shoes for me.
    I want to wear heels. All my heels!
    I want to sneeze without peeing myself even a little. Or at least worrying that I'll pee.
    I want to have control over my emotions!
    And I want to wear regular pants, because the maternity ones just won't stay up.
  • Options
    I can't wait to change the cat's litter box myself! My hubby forgot to do it when he was home this weekend, so I had to call a friend to do it..... So embarrassing.
  • Options
    I can't wait to sleep on my back and have sex.. my husband can't get over the thought that our daughter is in my stomach so sex has been a no go. I also can't wait for these hormonal breakouts to go away!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, clear skin and normal body temperature will be nice too!
  • Options
    MerBot said:

A good 5k run, a full nights sleep without using the washroom,
    and over easy eggs. And being able to drink a lot of water at once without barfing.

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm really surprised to see so many people say they miss sushi.

Sushi even with raw fish been recently OKd by Motherisk out of Sick Kids hospital in Canada. All sushi fish we get here has been flash frozen first for transport, then thawed, so it kills anything potentially unsafe. Virtually all places in North America use the same so I can't imagine it would be any different elsewhere.

Oh I wish! Living on the coast, in a thriving fishing community most of the restaurants here serve only fresh fish... which is really good if your not pregnant and craving yourself some sushi.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @Merbot I'm mostly concerned about the cross-contamination from things like the artificial crab which is basically lunchmeat!
  • Options
    I can't wait to to be nauseous and vomit at least once a day and stop spitting. NO MORE ROIDS! NO MORE ROIDS! lol! And coffee. Coffee gives me horrible heartburn so I have had to cut it out (even coffee Ice cream :( ). Oh coffee and alcohol I miss you. I feel like after delivery we all deserve that top shelf margarita.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options

I just want a nice craft beer.

And to be able to grocery shop on my own again - I can no longer bend over the cart to reach inside to put my groceries on the checkout belt...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MerBot said:

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm really surprised to see so many people say they miss sushi.

Yeah, same...I've had sushi a couple times, but I avoid the raw kind, which is I think technically called sashimi.

What's the deal with deli meat? I haven't heard that one. Oops!
  • Options
    @ArielleRene Deli meat and soft unpasteurized cheese carry some risk of listeria (which can cause spontaneous abortion and still births). So, my concern is that the artificial crab is more or less just lunch meat so theoretically it would carry the same risk as deli meat (they are both cooked and cooled proteins, with nitrates).
  • Options
    I can't wait to do anything without sounding like Darth Vader. I'm starting to annoy myself with the heavy breathing! :-<
  • Options
    I can't wait until I'm able to stand up and not figure out if I have to pee, poop, both, or neither. The pressure when I stand up is insane.
  • Options

I have been craving Brie since I found out I was pregnant. It was the subject of many dreams in my first trimester!!
  • Options

I have been craving Brie since I found out I was pregnant. It was the subject of many dreams in my first trimester!!
    I'm pretty sure you can get pasteurized Brie at the supermaket. Soft cheeses are fine as long as they are pasteurized.