C-sections

Reasons you had a c-section

Re: Reasons you had a c-section

• salmaasalmaa member
    I have to have a c-section because I have placenta previa.... If you don't know what that is, it's when the placenta is covering the cervix. I'm kind of nervous but everything should be fine. God willing
  • I had a CS because my first time I had a fourth degree internal tear and a third degree external tear. (Over 9 months to fully recover)
    With another vaginal delivery the doctors could not guarantee more pelvic floor tearing and run the risk of pooping and peeing my pants forever.
    I'll have the c section, please.
  • Loading the player...
  • I will have to have C/s due to uterine fibroid surgery last year. This is my first pregnancy, and I'm disappointed that I don't have any other option...
    That being said, possible uterine rupture is very serious and very scary. I am slowly coming to terms with the idea that birth of my child will be a surgical procedure. Thinking about the scheduling of C/s is a bit overwhelming since it will probably be right around thanksgiving!
  • 10.5 lb baby. Knew this through ultrasound after my water broke. Made the decision and am so happy I did. Happy and healthy.
    ME- 35    DH- 40
    TTC #1 
    IVF#1 w ICSI- 4/20/11 ER, 6 Eggs, 4 Fertilized, 4/25/11 5 day ET, 2 blasts- 5/4- Beta= BFN- No Frosties 

IVF #2 w ICSI-6/21/11 ER, 4 Eggs, 2 Fertilized, 6/24/11 3 day ET 2 embryos- Beta 7/5/11- BFN- No frosties.
    NEW RE
    IUI #1- started 50ius of follistim 1/25, IUI 2/3/12 - BFN
    AMH-0.73- DOR 2/2012

IUI #2- 3/17/12 started 200ius of Follistim , 3/24/12 added ganirelix, 225ius Follistim and 75ius of repronex, IUI- 3/30/12, Beta April 13, 2012-BFN

Appointment with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM July 18, 2012
    WAITING ON A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT
    AMH tested again 1/2013- 1.4!!!!
    IUI #3- 1/14/13 started 200ius of Follistim, 1/20/13 added menopur and ganirelix, IUI 1/25/13. Positive HPT 2/6/13- Beta #1- 193- BFP!!! 2/8/13-Beta#2-426.6
    2/26 ultrasound #1- TWINS!
    Delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy on 10/17/13 10ls. 2 ounces

TTC #2 
    AMH .75 VERY POOR RESPONDER
    IUI #4 cancelled due to only one egg responding 
    IUI#5 cancelled on CD 10,  (3) follicules were still very small even on 300 IU's of Follistim. Also found fluid in my uterus from C-section scar
    BFP- 8/9/15 
    Beta #1 8/10/15 13DPO-   9.2 (fingers crossed this sticks)
    Beta #2 8/12/15 15DPO   39- progesterone 18 
    Beta #3 8/14/15    111- progesterone 17.5
    Ultrasound August 31- 

PAIF or SAIF Welcome

• First was breech and low fluid. Second was low fluid emergency. This one will be for previa and possible accreta.
  • jennOKjennOK member
    IUGR baby who was too weak to go through the birthing process, so C-section it was.
  • I've had Preclampsia both pregnancies. First time was an emergency at 32 weeks. Second pregnancy everything was fine no signs of it then all of a sudden literally overnight it came back at 37 weeks and scheduled the surgery for a few days later. Most likely will happen again so certain for another CS and last baby because my body just can't handle it
  • I had to have emergency c-section x 2 due to low platelets that were dropping. The levels were too low to have an epidural so I had to have general anesthesia each time.
  • I knew my son was HUGE, and when we discussed broken collar bones, palsy, shoulder distoria, emergency c-sections, head getting stuck and more I knew what I needed to decide. Didn't want an emergency c-section as well bc it is said to be a harder recovery. So I had a perfect decided upon C-section, I will not say "scheduled" b/c my water sprung a leak and I then had an ultrasound to measure his size and he measured 10lbs 13 ounces and I know that these are off usually one lb either way so 9.13-11.13 was what I was looking at! So glad I did he was 10.5 and healthy. 
    ME- 35    DH- 40
    TTC #1 
    IVF#1 w ICSI- 4/20/11 ER, 6 Eggs, 4 Fertilized, 4/25/11 5 day ET, 2 blasts- 5/4- Beta= BFN- No Frosties 

IVF #2 w ICSI-6/21/11 ER, 4 Eggs, 2 Fertilized, 6/24/11 3 day ET 2 embryos- Beta 7/5/11- BFN- No frosties.
    NEW RE
    IUI #1- started 50ius of follistim 1/25, IUI 2/3/12 - BFN
    AMH-0.73- DOR 2/2012

IUI #2- 3/17/12 started 200ius of Follistim , 3/24/12 added ganirelix, 225ius Follistim and 75ius of repronex, IUI- 3/30/12, Beta April 13, 2012-BFN

Appointment with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM July 18, 2012
    WAITING ON A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT
    AMH tested again 1/2013- 1.4!!!!
    IUI #3- 1/14/13 started 200ius of Follistim, 1/20/13 added menopur and ganirelix, IUI 1/25/13. Positive HPT 2/6/13- Beta #1- 193- BFP!!! 2/8/13-Beta#2-426.6
    2/26 ultrasound #1- TWINS!
    Delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy on 10/17/13 10ls. 2 ounces

TTC #2 
    AMH .75 VERY POOR RESPONDER
    IUI #4 cancelled due to only one egg responding 
    IUI#5 cancelled on CD 10,  (3) follicules were still very small even on 300 IU's of Follistim. Also found fluid in my uterus from C-section scar
    BFP- 8/9/15 
    Beta #1 8/10/15 13DPO-   9.2 (fingers crossed this sticks)
    Beta #2 8/12/15 15DPO   39- progesterone 18 
    Beta #3 8/14/15    111- progesterone 17.5
    Ultrasound August 31- 

PAIF or SAIF Welcome

• Stalled labor - I stopped progressing at 5cm. My water broke overnight and in the morning I developed a fever. After being in labor for 36 hours, and being on the pitocin/epidural cocktail for 12, and STILL not progressing, they gave me a choice - try a little longer and risk an emergency c, or do it now. I was exhausted and didn't want to risk anything happening to the baby, and also didn't want to panic my poor family with an emergency c-section, so I said "Cut me open!" :) I have no regrets. While I would have liked to have the experience of birthing naturally, I was so happy to have my little bundle of joy that I've nearly forgotten all about how he got here! I'm in my early 40's, so if we are able to conceive baby no. 2, I will likely just schedule a c-section. For me, the risks that come with a vbac just aren't worth it.
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Baby #1 was c-section because of my high blood pressure - I was boardering on pre-eclampsia.  I was given the choice to either be induced and attempt to deliver with the possibility of needing a c-section anyway, or just having the c-section and being done.  I opted for the c-section without laboring.  When my son was delivered the doctor made a comment that she was glad I chose the c-section because of the size of my son's head & the fact that I had what she called a 'window' on my uterus (a weak spot which could have torn). 

With baby #2 I chose to have a c-section to try to make planning easier...I ended up falling at 38 weeks and needing a NST to make sure she was ok, but my BP again was elevated.  She was delivered via c-section a week ahead of schedule without any issues from my clumsy falling.

I have two beautiful, healthy children, but have never experienced labor.  I apparently was having some contractions with my son, but I didn't feel them at all - or I thought they were just him moving around.  I wouldn't change it.  Recovery, for me, was a breeze.
  • I had a failed homebirth. I went into spontaneous labor at 40.5 days and water broke 40.6. I fully dilated at home and could see his head, but after 8 hours of pushing wasn't making any progress, and the midwife determined him to be sunny side up. LO heart rate had been stable the whole time, but when we arrived at the hospital, he was tachycardic with thick meconium. They started prepping me for a c-section based on those signs of fetal distress, but while I was being prepped his umbilical cord prolapsed, leading them to getting him out in under 60 seconds. He came out not breathing but was stable within 5 minutes
  • My first was an emergency at 32 weeks because her heart rate dropped.  She also had several birth defects and unfortunately passed away when she was 4 months old after having open heart surgery.

With my second pregnancy, my Dr gave me the choice between vaginal and c-section.  I chose a c-section for my mental health as I was having a very difficult time with depression and anxiety during that pregnancy and I needed a birth plan that was similar to what I experienced before and one I could schedule and plan for.  
  • Big baby. 10 lbs 9 oz. yeah that would have been painful lol.

His head was also slightly turned to the side and I was not progressing.
  • At my 39 week appointment my ob felt the baby was still high so she sent me for a positional ultrasound, where baby measured big. She put my height and weight and some other numbers into some formula and came back with paperwork that said there was a 90-something% chance the baby would get stuck. This was a Friday, my due date was Monday. She said she could induce me, and I would probably need a c-section anyway but it could be more of an emergency situation, or just schedule the c-section. I had really wanted to try for a vaginal birth but when faced with those kind of numbers, I had to put the safety and health of my baby before my own wants and desires. So we scheduled the c-section and it was glorious! Didn't want to wait the required amount of time for baby #2 so she will be a repeat c in January.
  • Over 24 hours labor and didn't progress last six, and my babies heart rate was dropping with each contraction!
  • I needed a c-section after 21hours of labor and almost 5 hours of pushing.  My son wasn't able to descend and we decided to do a c-section.  My water had been broken for almost 17 hours at that point.  It was very routine and neither of us were in any distress.   :)  I was told I could try to do vbac but I was only given a 20% for a success... I apparently have a very narrow pelvis.  If I get pregnant again I am just going to schedule a c-section.

*Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• At 36 weeks we found out she is breech. We decided with the doctor a c section would be scheduled for when I am 39 weeks. I am so excited to meet my little girl! No matter how she arrives :x
  • I was in the hospital for preeclampsia from 32 weeks. At 34.4, doctor came in and announced I'd be having a c-section in about an hour. My platelets had dropped and my liver enzymes had gone up. There wasn't time to induce me and let me try for a vaginal. It wasn't an emergency c-section--my medical chart listed it as "urgent." My boy spent a week in the NICU. We are both great now!
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Baby's heart rate kept dropping and cord was wrapped around his head and whole body.

I was very upset being as though I had made it to 10cm. But everything happens for a reason.
  • Mine was an emergency c section. When I was induced and the doctor broke my water baby Riley's heart beat dropped. They put an internal monitor in and rushed me to the operating room I live in a small town and they were just finishing another surgery. I saw all the OR staff bringing the instruments that they used out of the room (they usually do their instrument count in the room post op) and they cleaning staff rushing in to prep the room for me. Within 45 mins of Riley's heart beat dropping she was out safe and crying
  • Just delivered 4 days ago. Went in for an induction with 2 previous vaginal deliveries of 9lb kiddos. He decided during the week to go from head down to transverse and my DR gave me the choice to try vaginally but gave me the cons of trying so we both decided for everyone's safety to do a c-section. Glad we did he was stressed and had marconium so it turned into a rushed one but all's well after all the crazy.
  • My water broke and 10 hours later only got to 4cm aftr that he would progress and mybson heart rate was dropping and mine was going up. So they did an emergency c section due to heart rate. Doctors told me he was becoming weak and tired and my fluids were low
  • At 39 weeks, baby was transverse and no where near where she supposed to be. I was experiencing hard contractions and to reduce risk of her being stressed out we had to opt for a c-section.
  • After 18 hours of labor my supposedly induced labor stalled out at 4 cm....i was experiencing every contraction thru the epidural and was over the wait...i demanding this baby be taken out lol...good thing I did because the cord was wrapped around her neck and went undetected on the heart monitor.
  • Emergency- ended up fully dilated, pushed for 2 hours then docs were worried about my LO's hear rate. I was told he was just a lil bit crooked & becoming distressed
  • blacklace08blacklace08 member
    edited September 2015
    I moved from one state to another and didnt have prenantal care outside of my first visit to confirm my pregnancy in the state I lived in before moving, due to no insurance. I'd slipped on some grease in May (turns out to be a good thing) I went to the ER they did an ultrasound, everything looked fine then. Well July 5th my due date came and went, on July 18 I went back to that same ER and told them I wasnt in labor but should have been, they gave me another ultrasound. A doctor came in and questioned me regarding my life style. And asked why I " thought" my baby was due. He flat out accused me of trying to have my baby too early and was asking me if I was a junkie. He stated that based on my ultrasound results I wasnt due until September ( well hmm I got pregnant around October 6th the previous yr). I sat there shocked, now this wasnt my first kid, he was born on his due date and naturally. I sat there thinking, I knew I wasn't a darn whale so why would I carry for almost a full year I thought. I mentioned the ultrasound Id got back in May, so he left to go get the results, when he returned he was all apologetic about his earlier comments, and he said he had some bad news, he told me that based on my ultrasound results that my baby hadn't grown much since May, that he was only about 4 lbs and was going to be brain damaged. He said it was too risky to induce me and that a C Section was necessary. Scared to death by what he told me at the age of 21 I agreed to do it. My son was 7 lbs 8oz and healthy, he obviously just wasnt in a hurry to come out and meet D**ks like that doctor. Needless to say I was pi**ed.
  • I had gone to the hospital to have my 36 ek routine check up, when they were doing the NST ( baby's cord was wrapped around the neck) I had some contractions. Went home when they subsided. Started with major contractions later that evening . Went to the hospital to get admitted. Was in labour till 11 pm when baby's heart rate started dropping along with my BP. Was half conscious when I realised I was going to be taken in for a c -sec : I'm glad it happened though. The PoV exams were too painful for me , I wouldn't have managed a vaginal birth.
  • I had emergency sections under anesthesia x 2 due to extremely low platelets (too low for an epidural). It was definitely a surprise the first time since I had never had surgery or anesthesia and no symptoms (delivered at full term) . The second time was also a surprise because I had blood work at 35 weeks to avoid what happen the first time but it had already happened. Both my daughters did fine and of course I was fine after also.
  • At 32 weeks I diagnosed myself with a rare condition called cholestasis. After doctors finally agreeing to my diagnosis at 34 weeks they didn't want me to go past 37 weeks since baby would be at risk due to my condition. I had the option to either try with induction that could take up to a couple days or go with a c section. I never thought I would have to have a c section until my options were presented to me. I told the doc whatever would be safest for me and baby, I am willing to push through. My c section took 20 minutes and was my first surgery ever. I was extremely nervous but was very happy with my decision after I had my little girl healthy as can be in my arms. My recovery was extremely well & I was up and walking around within the next couple days. I will probably go with another c section if I have another lil one. Good luck to all you Mommys out there. If I could do it (whimp) you ladies could do it too
  • My little guy was frank breech from his 20 week ultrasound and at 36 weeks he was still breech. We scheduled a c-section as spinning him was risky as I had GD and high blood pressure, we scheduled it for 39 weeks. Then I developed preenclampsia and he was delivered at 38 weeks 2 days. I'm a week and a half post surgery and would have another c-section if I got pregnant again.
  • First baby turned into an emergency c section after 24 hours of labor and the other two were scheduled c sections.
  • Went into labor around 9pm and arrived at the hospital at midnight. Water broke right before they hooked up my IV. Fully dilated and effaced, pushed for 2 hours.. Midwives failed to mention that his cord was wrapped around his neck and he couldn't get past my pubic bone. Prepped me for OR.. Then told me to keep pushing and took me back to my room. Thankfully my doc arrived! Emergency c-section.

If I have another babe I think I'll just elect for the c-section.
  • My first was an emergency c section due to fetal distress. He had the cord around his neck tight and lost his heart beat with every contraction. It was the scariest moment of my life. My second was a scheduled c section. My 3rd is due in May and will be another c section.
  • My water broke 10 days overdue...no signs of labor starting so was induced with oxytocin. 17 hours of contractions and finally was 9.5cmD....pushed for 4 hours but baby would not engage and her head kept going further up when they checked! Turns out my pelvic bones just wouldn't fit her 36 cm head!! Ended up having an emergency c section....wish I could have seen it coming! Baby Layla was 8lbs 10 oz and healthy as can be though!
  • It was noticed at my 30 week ultrasound that my baby had an elevated cord Doppler. We went in every week for ultrasounds and they noticed she had a very short cord. C-section was scheduled for Nov. 9 I ended up going into labor the morning of my c-section. She was 6lb 9oz and only a 12in cord that was wrapped around her neck. Was completely terrified to have the c-section, I even cried during it lol but so glad we listened to the ob and went with this route.
  • I have a 4 Month Old baby boy. I had an Emergency C-Section with him because he had aspirated some of his meconium while I was in labor. We went in at 39 weeks all set for natural birth, but were never admitted because I wasn't dilated enough. A few hours after waiting in pain in triage, my doctor and a bunch of nurses came rushing in and told us his heartrate decreased. My water broke a few moments later and there were traces of meconium in it. So they rushed me into OR and 3 minutes later, my son was born. It was, and still is, a very big blur as I was sedated during the procedure and everything happened so quickly. My son ended up spending 40 days in NICU, which was very hard. But he's home now and is a joyful baby who keeps mommy on her toes :) 
  • Went in 40 week biophysical and scored a 4 out of 8. Baby girl had minimal amniotic fluid due to a failing placenta. We went in the same night for an induction (cervadil 1030p) after confirming baby was in stable condition. Was in labor and 4cm by 730am when I asked for an epidural. By 930am baby was starting to show signs of distress and by 1030a changing positions no longer helped. I was advised to push to see if the baby would come down in stations as she was "floating" but she didnt. I was told baby's head was not fitting thru the pelvis and taken in for csection. 20 minutes later very healthy baby girl was born. I was scared of csections the entire pregnancy but it really wasn't that bad. Recovery was not as bad as the horrible contractions I had before the epidural. I hope to have a vbac for the next baby...I'm not a small person and the baby wasn't extrordinarily big...I have a hard time understanding how she didn't fit.
  • Waters broke at 41 + 3 days but labour didn't start. Induced two days later but it fizzled out over 12 hours. Induced again the following day but it was slow and after 9 hours of back labour (ramped up on pitocin), all I had to show for it was cervix moving from posterior to anterior position and 3 cm. By the time I was at 10cm, someone noticed baby's head was presenting transverse. I'd known she was sunny side up to begin with but she'd started to roll over once my waters had gone. They took us to theatre to attempt delivery with ventouse, which failed, and then forceps, which failed. When the call was made to perform an emergency C, it had been 74 hours since my  waters had gone, I was running a low grade fever and they presumed foetal distress.