June 2016 Moms
Options

June 2016 Moms Intro Thread - Welcome!

Congratulations and welcome June 2016 moms!!  How awesome is it to be here?!?!?!

In attempt not to flood the board with tons of intro posts, figured we'd follow the lead of the May ladies and start an intro thread.  Post your intro here and tell us about yourself:

Estimated Due Date (EDD):

Are you a first time mom?  If not, what number?

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)?

How did your tell your significant other (SO)?

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself:

Ready, set, go!
Me: 29
The Mr.: 31
EDD: 6/2/16
Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs

Re: June 2016 Moms Intro Thread - Welcome!

• Options
    Great idea, I was thinking the same thing!

EDD: May 31 *I'll probably be a floater bw this and the May BMB

This will be my first, my husband's second.

We have been on and off trying for a baby since December 2013 but actively trying four months this last time.

Very anti-climactic, I just came downstairs with the HPT and a smile :)

Very excited to be here! Nervous but excited :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Options
    EDD: June 2nd

Are you a first time mom?  If not, what number?  First timer!

How long were you TTC?  We got it on the first cycle of trying which I still cannot believe.  I went off the pill in May, read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, started charting/temping in June, and we got serious about TTC this past cycle.  I feel so blessed to be here.

How did your tell your significant other (SO)?  We went through about a day and a half of doubting the very faint lines I was seeing.  At 10 DPO in the evening, I decided to use digitals as the Mr. wasn't going to be sold until he saw the word 'Pregnant' on a stick.  The lines weren't convincing enough I guess :)  I turned a CB digi positive and then a FR digi positive.  I used to travel a lot for work and had picked up a little onesie when I was in Hong Kong a few years ago.  I laid the onesie out on the island with the CB digi stick, he walked in and saw it and I was just like 'LOOK AT ALL THE PREGNANT!!!'

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself:  I spent a few months on the TTGP board so I'm a big fan of acronyms.  I'm a huge advocate for animal rescue, with three rescues at home plus a crazy foster pup who will be with us until November.  Looking forward to going on this incredible journey with all of you!
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello all! I am excited to get to know everyone! 

Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 30th. I started posting on the May board and will probably jump back and forth but right now I feel way behind most of them since I am only about 4weeks+1day.

Are you a first time mom?  If not, what number? Yep, first time mom!

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 5 months with one chemical pregnancy

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? My husband is in grad school at night and I took a test completely on a gut feeling because we weren't trying this month and it was positive! I texted him a picture with the message 'SURPRISE!' because there was no way I could wait three hours without telling anyone. He went outside class and called me immediately.

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: Due to my chemical last month I am really nervous about the viability of this pregnancy. I just went in for my first hcg test this morning and will go again thursday. Hopefully the numbers look good! 
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

My EDD is May 31st, but I'll hang out here instead. This is my second; DD is 2.5. We are crazy lucky and got pregnant on our first cycle TTC.

DH wasn't home when I got a pos, so I put DD's "Big Sis" shirt on her before he got home. Of course, he didn't notice right away and I had to point it out to him haha.

The reality of this pregnancy hasn't quite set in yet, despite getting 6 BFP. I confirm at the OB on Thursday, so hopefully reality will hit me then. Or reality will hit me when I'm up to pee 3 times a night and can't see my toes... Hoping for a VBAC! DD was breech so I had a scheduled c-section with her. Really want to avoid that this time.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsCAFFutureMrsCAF member
    edited September 2015
    Fingers crossed for good numbers @izzyp25 !
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi ladies!
    My EDD is May 30 so I think I will be a part of this and the May BMB.

I already have a very active 20 month old toddler and I am super excited to be giving him a sibling, I have to admit I am a little nervous too.

We've been trying to conceive for a year. But we knew that we will have a hard time getting pregnant since I have PCOS and endometriosis and I had to go through IVF to get pregnant the first time around. So after TTC for a year with no luck we did a FET and here I am now!!!!

I did a blood test 12 days after the transfer so my husband was calling me every hour to see if I he'd the results yet. As soon as I got the results I called him. He was with a patient but he was so anxious that I told him.
    I guess he couldn't really show any emotion. Lol

I am a stay at home mom and I live in the Amazon in Brazil
    I am super excited to share this moment with you guys, even though I am a little scared to start celebrating this pregnancy cause I am so afraid of something going wrong.

• Options
    @FutureMrsCAF Is your DD a March Baby? I have a March 13 baby girl too. I was on the March 13 BMB back in the day. I went on today but it's pretty vacant over there.

I'm just lurking until it's official. Still hoping and praying for a BFP. I'll wait until then to do my intro.
  • Options
    @MillerMama13, no April 2013. She's not quite half, but she will be on October 10th, so I've just gotten in the habit of rounding up lol. The April board is pretty dead too. Everyone moved to Facebook, and I really stopped going on very often after DD was born. Hoping for your BFP!!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 26th based on LMP so I'm sure we're looking more realistically at June.

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? First time mom!!! But I am also lucky enough to be a stepmom to the greatest 9yo on the planet.

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? This was our first month TTC off BCP

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? We weren't expecting it so I just walked into the basement and showed him. We were at a carnival and I just felt horrible all night long and when I got home, I had a weird dark brown discharge. I knew something was up and bought a test at target the next afternoon and was a little floored when it came up BFP! DH was skeptical so we bought 2 more different tests the next day...all BFPs!

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: I'm a nurse and a very crafty girl. I love being involved with my stepson and have been in his life since a week after his 2nd birthday. I can't wait to tell him about our newest addition because he's gonna freak and want to be involved in every part...which I love. He's been asking for a sibling since he was 4.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 29th but Ill float between May and June

Are you a first time mom?  If not, what number? #1!

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 4 months, 2 cycles

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? I bought a Tervis Sippy Cup of my H's college team. And of course the HPT 

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: Im so excited to here with awesome ladies . H&H 9 months to everyone. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date: June 3

Are you a first time mom? Yes! Baby #1

How long were you TTC? 8.5 months, 11 cycles.

How did you tell your SO? I couldn't tell if I was seeing things so I called him into the bathroom and asked him what lines he saw ;)

I look forward to getting to know all of you! Here's to happy and healthy pregnancies for all!
  • Options
    June 1 

Baby #2!!

Only 2 months. Definitely didn't expect anything to happen this quickly! 

Haven't told him yet but I have a shirt for DD that says "I'm the best sister" that I'm planning on putting her in just before he comes home from work. 

I have a little girl who just turned 2 on September 15. I was semi-active on the september 2013 board and am hoping to be more active on this one! 

January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    VikingGirl12VikingGirl12 member
    edited September 2015
    June 4th

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number?
    This is number 2. We have an 18 month old son who was a March 14 BMB baby

We tried for a couple of months a while ago but had stopped due to some health issues I was having. This was a total surprise!

I just took a test this afternoon. When DH got home with DS I said "hey big brother!" To my son. My husband did not catch on until I just had to tell him. He kept telling me I was making it up until I showed him the test.

Not much other than how excited I am. I'm still in total shock and honestly didn't think I'd get a BFP so soon!

So excited to get to know yall!
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kara0729kara0729 member
    edited September 2015
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): June 1

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? Nope! I have one 18 month old, Claire. I was a not so active (more lurker)member of the March 2014 bump...hoping to be a lot more active this time!

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? We've been trying to conceive since June but wasn't ovulating for some reason (maybe due to nursing 1st LO until summer). My OB prescribed clomid and I was pregnant the very next cycle!!

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? I yelled at him to decipher a faint line on my pregnancy test...I needed to know if I was imagining it on a stick! I was testing cause I had a good feeling 3 days before my missed period.

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: I'm the Director of HR at my company, so when and if y'all have HR, work related, FMLA, and short term disability questions...I'm here for you!!

*edited bc I was on my iPhone and left out words that were a necessity.

• Options
    VikingGirl12VikingGirl12 member
    edited September 2015
    Hey Kara! I was a March 14 mama too! Diff screen name tho!
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): June 1

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? This will be number two. My daughter is 18 months old and the most amazing person ever.

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? This was our first try. We are a bit stunned because our daughter took us two years!

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? "Honey.... you better come look at this!"

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: I'm a CPS/foster care caseworker and foster/adoptive homefinder. I have a caseload, but I also recruit, train, and certify foster families.
  • Options
    EDD: June 2

This will be our first child.

We started TTC in Nov 2014 got first BPF in Feb 2015 and m/c April 2015. So happy to get a BFP now!! But super nervous about the future.

DH was happy but tried not to be too overly excited. We are still a little hurt from before.

I'm an attorney and a very proud Tía of 3 wonderful nephews! ... Maybe we will have the first girl in the family... Haha :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    losersaidwhatlosersaidwhat member
    edited September 2015
    EDD: Somewhere between end of May and early June - I will need an u/s no doubt to figure this one out but my best guess is May 31/June 1 going by when I think I O'd

This will be my #4, but my 7th pregnancy (yikes!)

We weren't TTC actively, but NTNP really. I'm still BF my youngest and that was keeping my period at bay, but no b/c aside from that.

I haven't told DH and I'm really nervous! I only found out today though so very soon.

Other than that I have three boys, they are all crazy, and I'm very busy. YES I am hoping for a girl but obviously I love my boys too. <3 Also, I am Canadian!
    ETA: told hubby last night by showing him a YouTube video I put together :D had to actually tell him it was MY video because he thought it was just some random thing I found :P
  • Options
    @satcher08 S13 here! Nice to see ya!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): based off LMP June 3

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? STM, I have a beautiful F14 dd

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 6 months

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? I put dd In a "big sister" shirt and it took H an embarrassingly long time to notice. Finally I had to tell him to read her shirt ;)

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: was fairly active on my last BMB until they moved to PB, between life and Internet drama didn't stay on there much.
    I have a loss history so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I am also Canadian! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date: June 2nd 

Are you a first time mom? This will be our first child! 
    How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)?  Only 2 months.

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? We took the pregnancy test together. He was shocked and excited! 

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself?
    I am a health educator at a Family Planning Clinic. I teach girls how to avoid or achieve pregnancy every day! I also do pregnancy testing and get to tell my patients they are pregnant.  Now it is my turn to be the patients!  
    I am a newlywed, married for 2 months. We love our cat named Zombie, and hope he will adjust well to the new baby.
      We are both excited, nervous, and happy to be pregnant! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD):  June 1

Are you a first time mom?  If not, what number?  This is our second child.  We have a 2-year-old son who keeps us very busy.

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)?  This was our first try (I was in a great deal of shock)!

How did your tell your significant other (SO)?  I got a very faint positive last Friday night, and then tested Saturday morning with FMU.  My husband worked all day Saturday, and I bought our son a brother shirt to wear when he got home.  Needless to say, he didn't notice it at all, so after a few minutes, I had to call him back into the room and ask him to read his shirt!

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself:  I am a Marketing Coordinator for an engineering company, and am a little scared to have a newborn and a toddler.  

• Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 30th, but I have a feeling it will be a June baby. Both DH and my birthdays are in June, as is our anniversary, so June is a good month for us!
    I'll probably lurk both boards though

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? First time!

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 2 cycles

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? I just showed him the positive test. Nothing too exciting.

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: We are both so excited! A bit nervous too, but that's to be expected I guess!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 26. DD was 4 days late though, so if history repeats, I'll be a June mama.

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? Nope, this will be my second.

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 2 cycles

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? I asked him if we had plans in the spring, and he was confused. He said No, why? and I told him that we will have plans because we're having another baby. :)

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: Feeling very excited about baby #2. Our first was a surprise, this one is planned. I am so happy that my DD will have the joy of having a sibling!

Congrats to all moms to be!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): May 31 but first timer so good chance it'll be in june

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? First pregnancy

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 2 months. And i decided i'm never temping again, since temp dropped like crazy the day i expected af i didn't even bother testing and i was all depressed that we were out for the month- if i skipped the temping i would have spared myself the drama that day (bfp the next day after the temp rose and still no af)

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? He was at work when i tested and he had previously requested that when it happens i tell him in person. It was a very long ~10 hours! I just told him and showed him the pic of the test

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: I keep alternating between super excited and thinking i'm crazy bc i'm only 4w1d and theres still a good chance things could go wrong
  • Options
    @m6agua Due date twins!  I'm also going back and forth between BMBs

BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Options
    benicode said:

@m6agua Due date twins!  I'm also going back and forth between BMBs

Yay! I like the May group because there are a lot of TTGP ladies there but everyone is so much further along so I figure June may be a better fit. We will see.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Estimated due date: some sites say may 15 some say June 15, so I will most likely be waffling until my first doc appointment and know for sure.

Are you a first time mom: yes first timer and am embarrassed to say I have no idea what most of the acronyms everyone is using on this site mean :)

How long were you trying: had been charting since June but actively just tried one month and were pregnant!

How did you tell your s.o.- he had always said to make him homemade pizza (his fav) and then tell him after. I knew the first day of my missed period I was pregnant, I could just tell so I immediately went and got a pregnancy test and took it as soon as I got home. It turned immediately to pregnant. My husband had to run out to the bank so I immediately started prepping pizza and took another test to be extra sure- again, 2 lines immediately. Put them in a plastic bag and popped in kitchen drawer to pull out later. Kept asking him if he wanted to wine with his pizza because we got a wine gift basket for our wedding, with each bottle having this "first anniversary" first fight, etc and the "first baby bottle" was named oops! He kept saying no he didn't want any until finally I just grabbed the bottle and set it in front of him & was like... Are you sure?!!! He went nuts.

Anything you want to tell us... I am about 6 weeks along according to date of my last period and feel like it's already obvious that I'm showing- I look 3 mo! While I know this is probably just gas and bloating, I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to keep this a secret- and our friends keep asking us to go out for drinks!
  • Options
    Estimated due date: I believe June 4th but with breastfeeding still my cycles aren't regular yet. I will have a better estimate after my dr. Appointment next week!

First time mom: No, I have a 16 month old daughter :)

How long were you trying: this is the first month we tried!

How did you tell your S.O: I had taken a couple pregnancy tests probably too early because I wasn't sure of when I ovulated. They were all negative and we started thinking we'd have to wait a month. All day yesterday I had symptoms very similar to my first and told him while he was getting my daughter in PJs I'm just going to take one more. The line took a couple minutes to show up but when I saw a faint line I ran upstairs saying that I thought it was finally positive! I took 3 more and they all are positive!

Anything you want to tell us: I'm beyond happy to have another and give my daughter a sibling. This is even more special because with my first my husband was deployed right before we even found out! He was all set to come home 2 weeks before my due date and I had my daughter a month early! So everything will be new for him :)
  • Options
    HI!! I'm officially not a lurker anymore! Got my BFP this morning.

EDD: June 7th based on LMP.

First time Mom? No, I have a 2.5 year old daughter

How long were you TTC? We stopped using our birth control method in July but only started tracking ovulation this cycle.

How did you tell SO? He was still asleep this morning when I took the tests. I turned the light on and said "I got a line!!". He wanted to see for himself so I brought in the tests. First I gave him the dollar store one which was just a squinter of a line. He wasn't convinced. I showed him the digital that said "Yes" and that's when he lite up and got excited.

Anything else to share? I'm a working Mama. I love to sew, crochet, and craft. I asked my two year old last night if she wants to be a big sister. She said "I want a baby brother". I said "what about a baby sister?" She had some hesitation and a timid "yea". But she is really hoping for a baby brother. Daddy agrees with her.

I am just really excited to be with you all for this journey. My March 13 board was awesome and I think this board is going to be even better. H&H 9 months everyone!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): June 4th

Are you a first time mom? If not, what number? First timer!!

How long were you trying to conceive (TTC)? 4 months

How did your tell your significant other (SO)? We are staying in a B&B for or anniversary and we had good feeling some we brought tears with us. I was gonna wait till tomorrow but knew it wouldn't have been a surprise the. So I tested this morning. I came out of the bathroom with the test hidden and crawled back in bed with DH and claimed I wasn't feeling well and needed a hug. When he rolled over I put an acorn in his hand (we would call our maybe baby our little acorn). At first heroines confused then when he looked up and saw me holding the test his eyes got wide and we just burst into tears!

Anything else you want to tell us about yourself: I tend to be a stressor so I'm hoping that I won't be too bad during my first tri worrying!
  • Options
    Hey @Meglit89 long time no see right? ;)
  • Options
    Hey @Meglit89 long time no see right? ;)
    Haha!  Well hey there stranger!  :-*

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27