December 2015 Moms
Options

UO (June 4th)

Let's here them unpopular opinions ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO (June 4th)

• Options
    My UO is people in general.

And the fact my morning sickness is in full effect while hubby is home on leave. Blah.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gifs ARE fun. Until they are directly pointed at someone as means to make them look stupid as some are on these threads.

My UO would be that I wish ppl would stop babying me because I'm pregnant! No, I'm not in the gym squat pressing 120lbs anymore but to tell me I can't carry a box that's much much lighter than the weights I was lifting two months ago is crazy. I know I have to be cautious but my life doesn't stop because I am pregnant! I still have to work
  • Options
    erikaalzeterikaalzet member
    edited June 2015
    Let me get some clarification - UO= unpopular opinion, not necessarily stuff I don't like. Correct? Some of these are reading like normal opinions that are widely accepted on this board and in life. edit: and some are reading like a list of stuff people don't like (which also may be a popular opinion).
  • Options
    Let me get some clarification - UO= unpopular opinion, not necessarily stuff I don't like. Correct? Some of these are reading like normal opinions that are widely accepted on this board and in life.
    Yes. Yours was a true UO since most people like Friends. 

Even so, UO threads often turn into pet peeve threads...

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    313Meg313Meg member
    edited June 2015

Let me get some clarification - UO= unpopular opinion, not necessarily stuff I don't like. Correct? Some of these are reading like normal opinions that are widely accepted on this board and in life.

If someone doesn't like something it's unpopular to someone. So I think it's a flexible term. If we are around for
    9+ months, you aren't going to be able to think of 1000 different "unpopular" opinions.

Eta- if I were to say "I don't like pizza" I'm sure that would be unpopular because pizza is amazing. But to me it's just that I don't like it.

Mmmm pizza
  • Options

Correct. And you're right. Most of the UOs on here are very popular. That's why I have a hard time thinking of UOs. All my opinions are pretty popular I think.

• Options
    I'm of the opinion (forget unpopular or popular for a moment) that we could all seriously go to town on UO's. I don't think it would be easy like so many of the other ways we respond, we may need to think on it for a moment.

That being said, many true UOs are often brought up in other threads before they make it here. Half of what people are bickering about on other threads are varying UOs. Some of the hottest threads right now are UOs.
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    313Meg said:

My UO is that it's impossible to always be positive and see things with a glass half full. If someone is that way, IMO, it's a cover. Not reality.
    Life is beautiful but it can be hard sometimes.

Agree, I don't trust people who are always positive.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options

My UO (which may not actually be a UO on a board full of ladies - and pregnant ones for that matter) is that I think major work around the house should be done by professionals, not the homeowners. I fully understand that it's POSSIBLE for homeowners to redo their cabinetry, reseed a lawn, power wash the outside of an entire house, put up a fence, relay a driveway, etc, etc, but my opinion is that there are people trained and certified to do many of these things and I think they should be the ones to do it. I'm all for paying a little extra money to have a professional whom I trust do the job instead of having me or my husband do it ... no need for the added time, stress, and potentially terrible final product.

Agreed. And don't try to sell me your craft project full of fixes not to code. Just needed to say that as we are in the process of house hunting.
  • Options
    I've said this before- I get strangely obsessed about semantics. Next week, would it be dangerous to call this thread "Grievances?" It certainly would be easier to think of responses. Though, even I get nervous about this knowing how folks get up in arms around here.
  • Options
    My UO (which may not actually be a UO on a board full of ladies - and pregnant ones for that matter) is that I think major work around the house should be done by professionals, not the homeowners. I fully understand that it's POSSIBLE for homeowners to redo their cabinetry, reseed a lawn, power wash the outside of an entire house, put up a fence, relay a driveway, etc, etc, but my opinion is that there are people trained and certified to do many of these things and I think they should be the ones to do it. I'm all for paying a little extra money to have a professional whom I trust do the job instead of having me or my husband do it ... no need for the added time, stress, and potentially terrible final product.
    Agreed. And don't try to sell me your craft project full of fixes not to code. Just needed to say that as we are in the process of house hunting.
    Right? This is one thing I don't think my husband gets. We aren't planning on being in our house for more than another 3-4 years and he has all of these home projects he wants to do. I keep telling him that homebuyers are not going to want a house that has poorly done cabinetry or poorly laid hardwood or things like that. If we're going to sell, we need things to look GOOD and be up to code. The dad who lived in our house before us was a carpenter/builder and did a lot of home projects. We are constantly complaining about some of the little shortcuts we notice and how we wish they had been professionally done ... and yet, DH is so ready to jump in to all these other random projects on his own. NO THANK YOU.
  • Options

I've said this before- I get strangely obsessed about semantics. Next week, would it be dangerous to call this thread "Grievances?" It certainly would be easier to think of responses. Though, even I get nervous about this knowing how folks get up in arms around here.

We can do that on another day...? We can do "Monday Bitchfest" . Isn't that like grievances.

• Options
    I feel like that's what flame free Friday's already are.
  • Options
    Flame free friday is confessions. I think she's saying we need a day to bitch. Bitch and grieve about whatever.

• Options

We can do that on another day...? We can do "Monday Bitchfest" . Isn't that like grievances.
    Now we all know that naming it that would be a disaster waiting to happen. ROFL I don't typically laugh out loud here, but I am imagining the chaos that would ensue. Random gifs flying, people screaming "science," someone talking about bullying, a random nipple rolling across the board like tumbleweed. Don't do it!!

Hahahahha no. It's not that bad around here! When I was in the D13 BMB. They were way nastier and feistier than this group and we did Bitchfest Mondays and it went well. It's usually Fridays that things go down with FFFC.

• Options
    Or we can just call it UO and I will agree to overlook the troubling wording. This is sadly not planet Erika. In real life, I am equally this difficult.
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member

Now we all know that naming it that would be a disaster waiting to happen. ROFL I don't typically laugh out loud here, but I am imagining the chaos that would ensue. Random gifs flying, people screaming "science," someone talking about bullying, a random nipple rolling across the board like tumbleweed. Don't do it!!
    Holy hell on fire, that'd be chaotic! Also entertaining to read.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    erikaalzeterikaalzet member
    edited June 2015
    @Marchmellow2 it isn't bad at all. Just funny as hell. I'm grateful for this board being that all my shows recently finished for the season. Constant source of entertainment.

UO- Why do people need homes that are 1500+ sq. ft.? Who is cleaning all that house? Furnishing and heating all that house! This seems to be a suburban thing. I am not talking tiny house revolution or anything, but I feel like most American suburbs have homes that are TOO DAMN BIG.
  • Options
    fiorip said:

Holy hell on fire, that'd be chaotic! Also entertaining to read.
    Right?! This is a hilarious visual.. If only there were a gif that could have all that action! Too funny!

• Options
    My UO is that I hate pets and don't believe they belong in the house. It really pisses me off when people treat their pets 5 times better than they treat human beings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@Marchmellow2 it isn't bad at all. Just funny as hell. I'm grateful for this board being that all my shows recently finished for the season. Constant source of entertainment.

UO- Why do people need homes that are 1500+ sq. ft.? Who is cleaning all that house? Furnishing and heating all that house! This seems to be a suburban thing. I am not talking tiny house revolution or anything, but I feel like most American suburbs have homes that are TOO DAMN BIG.

WHAT?! 1500 sq feet is not ENOUGH space!! My house is only 1800 sq feet and that's still not enough room. Housekeepers and gardeners aren't that expensive here in Texas, maybe that's why I don't mind.

I was raised in a 5000 sq ft house and that was way too much! We needed a live in maid.
    We moved from 1300 sq ft in Ohio to 600 sq feet in California (with a rent hike of $500!). But you come to realize that you don't need a ton of space to make a home a home!
  • Options

WHAT?! 1500 sq feet is not ENOUGH space!! My house is only 1800 sq feet and that's still not enough room. Housekeepers and gardeners aren't that expensive here in Texas, maybe that's why I don't mind.

I was raised in a 5000 sq ft house and that was way too much! We needed a live in maid.
    We moved from 1300 sq ft in Ohio to 600 sq feet in California (with a rent hike of $500!). But you come to realize that you don't need a ton of space to make a home a home!
    Ouch!! Sorry! Where do you put all your stuff? Maybe I'm a hoarder but I would have no clue where to put all our stuff! Do you just use storage units?

• Options
    I have never lived in a house. Ever. The average generous sized apartment in NYC can accommodate a family of 4 with little difficulty (if you have some ingenuity) and not have everyone on top of each other. I'm not talking about gentrified NYC full of matchbox apartments.

I can't phantom filling up that much space.