April 2014 Moms
Options

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Options
    Busy weekend, catching up!

@yellowflower15, sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you just have to do what's easiest! At least you got to hang out with your friend :)

@LolaX2 I'm sure it will blow over soon! Hugs for you!
  • Options
    kmos816kmos816 member

Oh crap. My MIL just requested me on Facebook. Is there any way to not accept without looking like a jerk? I know how she will comment and post, and I don't want that. Ugh

You can ignore her request until she asks about it and then play dumb like you didn't notice! I don't follow my mils posts because they are crazy and have learned to ignore her comments on my photos and posts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited May 2015
    8 hours in the car with DH, LO, and the in-laws and I am so tired! And ready to kill them all (except LO) a little bit. Hoping that now that we are settled in at an awesome little lake house everyone can just chill out a bit and be happier. It's vacation! :)

ETA: I have to do some work while we are away and so I brought my laptop and LO needs white noise so I brought the iPad. DH got in a big ol' hurry to unpack while the guy we are renting from through VRBO was showing us around and the bag with my technology fell right out of the back of the car and landed on the cement drive. Thankfully all seems to be well, but somehow it is also partly my fault this happened because he "asked people to unload and no one helped." Yeah. You know why?! Because were learning about the place from the owner and being polite! There was no rush to unpack except someone had his panties in a bunch. Ugh. Ok. I just needed to vent a little. Letting it go. Having fun. No one ever told me family vacations were so complicated when you're one of the grown ups! ;)
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    @amberliz99 accept but add her to your uber "You can only see what I want you to see" list?  Then just add her to every baby post you post?

Sorry to the ladies with crappy work weeks.  I'm just channeling Dory and trying to maintain until the end of May when school lets out.  Then I get to have my babe all to myself all summer.  In a perfect world I could be a stay at home mom (and damn it, we would have been awesome at it), but it wasn't it the stars.  Mommy guilt is hard.
  • Options
    smushi said:

I'm just channeling Dory and trying to maintain until the end of May when school lets out.  Then I get to have my babe all to myself all summer.  In a perfect world I could be a stay at home mom (and damn it, we would have been awesome at it), but it wasn't it the stars.  Mommy guilt is hard.
    Right there with you, @smushi! I only teach a few days a week, but still.  I am so excited to be full time Mom for the summer.  I know it'll make my longing to be a SAHM even stronger in some ways, but feel so, so fortunate to at least get summers.
  • Options
    @Sporty1216 - that would irritate me too. DH does that kind of stuff and I get so frustrated and he just decides that I should be so grateful to him for cleaning up. But usually he decides to clean up like 10 mins before we have to leave when he could be packing up the diaper bag instead or his clean up involves moving the mess to another room. Makes me a little nutty.
  • Options
    @Talltrees82 - you're right. DD had more fun at the friend's house than at music. They have a dog and she has had very little exposure to dogs, so she had a blast. Also DH is a bit paranoid about dogs, so it was good to be there without him and just let her play without him stepping in. She even got nipped while feeding the dog treats and I was like "meh, you're fine", but DH probably would have freaked. I guess LO had never been near a dog either and he screamed a few times and clung to me. It was kind of funny. Good for him to be exposed too.
  • Options

@Talltrees82 - you're right. DD had more fun at the friend's house than at music. They have a dog and she has had very little exposure to dogs, so she had a blast. Also DH is a bit paranoid about dogs, so it was good to be there without him and just let her play without him stepping in. She even got nipped while feeding the dog treats and I was like "meh, you're fine", but DH probably would have freaked. I guess LO had never been near a dog either and he screamed a few times and clung to me. It was kind of funny. Good for him to be exposed too.

DD got to play with a 7 month old puppy yesterday and it was awesome! We have a 10 year old dog so she is only used to bored tolerance from dogs lol. She had a bath that morning but was covered in puppy slime by the end of the day. She had so much fun, even playing tug of war with the dog and being dragged across the floor. Yeah, I know a lot of people would have freaked out if they had seen their child being knocked over by a dog and then slimed lol.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    Yay for babies and dogs! LO loves our border collie, even though she's a little nervous around him because he's unpredictable. LO reaches for her all the time and it makes her nervous, so we have to really keep an eye on them together. We're trying to teach LO how to throw the ball for her. It's so cute how he smiles at her and laughs when she plays and dances around!
  • Options
    @sporty1216 that sounds like an awesome vacation! Hopefully your DH calms down a bit. Maybe he was wound up from the long car ride. Have a relaxing time!
  • Options
    ^^so much better already today! A good night's sleep and some fishing make everything better. :)
  • Options
    Apparently, for LO, being on vacation means getting up early enough to see the sun rise over the lake every morning. I could use some sleep, but honestly, some quiet time with the lake and LO and some coffee is alright by me. Happy Tuesday, all!
  • Options

Apparently, for LO, being on vacation means getting up early enough to see the sun rise over the lake every morning. I could use some sleep, but honestly, some quiet time with the lake and LO and some coffee is alright by me. Happy Tuesday, all!

This sounds amazing!! Enjoy your vacation!
  • Options
    That sounds great @Sporty1216! Enjoy!
  • Options
    I love watching DD stumble around with her sippy cup in hand. Cutest drunkard ever!

• Options

I love watching DD stumble around with her sippy cup in hand. Cutest drunkard ever!

Lol my DH's cousins always joke about how the toddlers act like little drunks... It's so true! Stumbling around, speaking nonsense... Ha ha!
  • Options
    Does anyone remember that video from years ago where someone made a little set that looked like a bar at a tropical resort, dressed up a toddler in appropriate resort attire, gave her a drink that looked like a tropical drink, and set her loose to play up the drunk baby thing? It was pretty funny.
  • Options
    Never seen that but I'd like to!

• Options
    Aw, poor DD just bit her tongue for the first time...poor thing

• Options
    Why can't DH wipe down the counter and the sink when he cleans the kitchen?! Is he incapable? Why do I always have to go clean up after he has cleaned up?
  • Options

Never seen that but I'd like to!

When I'm on my computer, I'll have to see if I can find it and link it. It. Is. Funny.
  • Options

Why can't DH wipe down the counter and the sink when he cleans the kitchen?! Is he incapable? Why do I always have to go clean up after he has cleaned up?

Boo. Sorry. :( I'm not sure why these things happen, but they sure are frustrating!
  • Options

Boo. Sorry. :( I'm not sure why these things happen, but they sure are frustrating!
    It's almost funny. It's like it has never occurred to him that they have to be cleaned. Perhaps they were self-cleaning in his childhood. I'm not talking about any intense cleaning with a product or anything, just a wipe down.
  • Options
    Self-cleaning = mom

• Options

Pretty sure it's a man thing. Mine acts like he has no idea where the sponges and soap are. Um, ok dude.
  • Options

Self-cleaning = mom

This times a million. I always tell my husband I am not his mother and he needs to pick up after himself. I've done many strikes where I refuse to do it until he notices that it is only his crap all over the place.

He is terrible at putting LOs dirty clothes in the hamper. He just leaves them on the changing table. Drives. Me. Nuts.
  • Options
    First motorcycle ride of the season =glorious!

• Options
    kmos816kmos816 member
    We dropped the bottle right before bed and dd didn't seem to mind- she just slept right though as usual.... Yay! Guess I was the one that needed the bedtime bottle! Now just need to work on sippy cups of milk with meals.... She still likes to just drop and spill her sippy cups.
  • Options

Ugh this is my pet peeve! His standard of clean is not the same as mine. The crumbs don't bother him, but drive me nuts! We've had mice in our kitchen. Wonder why.
  • Options
    So I'm at work waiting for DH to pick me up because the engine oil cap came off my car and the part won't come in until tomorrow. I asked the guy if it was okay to drive and he said no because there could be an engine fire. I've been driving it like that for days and didn't realize it. 80km round trip to work everyday. Oops!
  • Options
    Lesson learned, riding a motorcycle +premenstrual cramps=pure torture! I never had cramps before the baby, so I have never learned how to live with them. So annoying and ouchy!

• Options
    Jazma11Jazma11 member
    I fell off the face of the planet for a sec... Hi!
  • Options
    I bought 6 pairs of baby leggings thinking they would be perfect for spring since the temps would be in-between...instead we skipped spring and headed straight for summer!

• Options

I bought 6 pairs of baby leggings thinking they would be perfect for spring since the temps would be in-between...instead we skipped spring and headed straight for summer!

The great long winter followed by this lovely heat wave has definitely messed with my clothes planning. I have no shorts for these kids and a ton of long sleeved and lighter pants that I think are going to go pretty much unworn.
  • Options

The great long winter followed by this lovely heat wave has definitely messed with my clothes planning. I have no shorts for these kids and a ton of long sleeved and lighter pants that I think are going to go pretty much unworn.
    I totally just came back from buying LO three pairs of shorts and a pair of sandals! Hopefully those sweaters I ordered online last week still fit in the fall!
  • Options
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!
  • Options
    So much for breakfast I bed...DH has to work at 11:30 and he didn't time things very well...I am getting breakfast at least but couldnt lay in bed for an hour waiting for it.

• Options
    smushismushi member
    Just call it late brunch and throw in some vodka @badasbkrck ;)
  • Options
    Finally finished all the thank you cards from LO's birthday! Only a month behind. Whoops.