May 2014 Moms

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• @Jcrewgirl85‌ I was doing the same, then I had about 10 days off over the holidays so I didn't have to pump and figured it was a good time to wean. I would just replace a feeding with a bottle every other day or so until I was only nursing at night. After i quit that feeding, it took almost two weeks for my milk to completly dry up. The first 2 days after I quit were awful just like when my milk first came in. Lots of ice packs & ibuprofen. I did have to pump once or twice for just a few minutes during the two weeks to get some relief.
  • We have a lady at work by the last name of Fuchs. I keep wanting to say it like the f-word. I had another guy with the last name of Penas; he refused to say it and would only spell it.
    lrmrtn said:
    One of my friends is moving and is getting rid of a lot of her kids' old stuff. She is offering it to all her friends before donating. I'm getting an activity cube, baby gates and clothes for DS through 3t for free. Score!
    Completely jealous right now

Ok. This is random. Do you have a rug under your kitchen table? Pics? Our kitchen is big and I need something to kinda make it "homey". Is that weird? I still don't have any wall hangings up. Slacker.

BTW, hope your knee feels better. We don't have a rug under our kitchen table (because ours was too small and I'm not spending money on a bigger one) but I like the look. Would even consider a sisal or other outdoor rug too, especially considering the amount of food DS1 and DS2 drop. Hose it off occasionally. I think you can get some cheap outdoor rugs too.

I was trying to find a picture of the rug under the table, but I don't have any good ones: either grainy or half a rug or weird angle.
    DS1 is mad-maxing it on his tricycle--either that or he's jousting. Not sure which. Would post a picture except he's naked.
    I just read that as DH instead of DS1 and was very confused!
    DH literally laughed out loud saying, "Could you imagine...." At this point in our lives, I'd prefer not.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Loading the player...
  • kittyriot said:

I am watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations episode on Thailand and GD it's making me hungry. I want my NYE indian feast right now!

In love with Parts Unknown. We buy different bottles of wine and have wine nights while watching. It's as close to a child free vacation as we will get for a few years.
  • ho11yday said:

Oh. We had this really cute 20-something guy work with us today. After he left, my girls and I were all tittering about how cute he was.

Haha fun.
    We have a really cute 20 something male server server where I work and you should see the grown women swoon over him. I liken it to Charlotte and the gardener from SITC. One of the 40 something moms was in my office when he came in the other day. The woman's draw dropped open and when he left she said 'WHO was THAT'. It's hysterical.
  • Dude. You are NOT dying or being abused. You are being dressed.

Seriously.

We go through this at bedtime every night. He is fine getting dressed and during diaper changes every other time but like clockwork every night, when he gets on the changing table for his last diaper change, the scream fest begins. Bedtime should be fun when he's a toddler.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think today is it. After a long few weeks my grandfather is resting peacefully and his breathing is shallow. He's one stubborn sob and has fought the good fight. We all stayed with him at home last night and it was a long night. He's scared and didn't want to rest after he would stop breathing every 30 seconds. So emotional to see my grandmother go though this.
  • @THD7580‌ , I'm so sorry for all that you and your family are going through. Very glad you could all be together at times like these. T&P for you and yours. {hugs}
  • @THD7580‌ - thinking of you and your family. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @THD7580‌ so sorry, sending creepy internet hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @THD7580‌ creepy Internet hugs to you and all the family

@jenb_99‌ feel better soon. Lovetit the all your base are belong to us reference.
  • ns1ns1 member
    @THD7580‌ so sorry. Thinking of you.

@jenb_99‌ feel better soon. Lovetit cause you're funny
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @THD7580‌ keeping you and your family in my thoughts today!
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Thinking of you @THD7580‌
    Congrats @bazingaa‌ !!
  • @bazingaa‌ , congrats! I'm sure they will be best friends. I have a twin and a brother who is 17 months younger than us and we always loved playing together and hung out with each other even at school lol
  • My DD makes no noise or anything when she poops :-/ I don't even know it's happened until I smell that foul scent. Oh and she doesn't mind having a blowout diaper and still crawling around in it until I notice she did it. Yeah gross.
  • Congrats @bazingaa!

Yes, take the day off, buy something delicious to eat, and pick up LO after naptime :)

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited January 2015
    TB deleted the history of the Parenting board?! WTF?!

ETA: From Parenting

On December 16, 2014, XO Group Inc. (the "Company") announced that the husband and wife team of David Liu and Carley Roney are stepping down from their positions as executive officers of the Company, effective, for Mr. Liu, December 15, 2014 and for Ms. Roney, December 31, 2014. Mr. Liu, Co-Founder of the Company, who since April 2014 has been serving as the Company's executive officer in charge of Ijie, has agreed to continue as a member of the Board of Directors (the "Board") and currently serves as Non-Executive Chairman of the Board. Ms. Roney is stepping down from her employment as chief content officer of the Company but will continue to advise the Company as Brand Ambassador and in other advisory capacities.

https://biz.yahoo.com/e/141216/xoxo8-k.html

Basically, someone else is now running the show. TB as we knew it is officially dead.

DD Born @ 40+4

• @THD7580‌ I'm keeping him and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• As I was trying to upload a picture of my car, I got a call from my aunt saying to call my other aunt who is staying with my parents. I called aunt #1 to find out what is going on. She said the hospice nurse says that by this weekend my mom will be unresponsive but that she's having a lot of anxiety. My dad doesn't say anything to me or my husband about this.

I don't want to call my aunt #2 because she and my dad are emotionally exhausting. And every time I try to call my mom, I get them instead of my mom. All I want to do is tell my mom I love her and let her go back to sleep.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• ho11yday said:

jsquaree said:

DH came home from work early, packed up LO, and took him for the afternoon. CPK for lunch and a mani/pedi for me. Someone just earned himself some major brownie points. :blush:

I read brownie as blowie.
    I read it that way as well.
  • I'm sorry @ho11yday

DD Born @ 40+4

• bunannie said:

@ho11yday‌ I'm so sorry you're going thru this. I dealt with something similar a few years ago when my uncle was dying. My therapist advised me to send an email to someone in the house asking to schedule time to talk to my uncle instead of running around in circles. Seemed like a good idea, even though it did not pan out in time. I hope you are able to figure something out xo

That's a good idea; I'm going to have to try that if my dad and aunt are being overly dramatic. The last time I talked to her was last Friday. :/

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• @ho11yday‌ , so sorry you'e going through this.
  • @usernameedit‌ that is so hilarious! I also would have tried to mess with them!
  • ns1ns1 member
    @ho11yday‌ thinking of you
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @ho11yday‌ I'm so sorry :( Thinking of you
  • @ho11yday‌ , hugs and lots of thoughts & prayers.
  • @ho11yday‌ I am so sorry you are going through this. This may sound creepy but I think of you often and wonder how you and your family are doing. I have watched grandparents slowly pass in hospice and I can't imagine watching my mom go through it :( big hugs!
  • comicsans said:
    Haven't seen her in a long time, no?
  • Thinking of you @ho11yday‌. I can't imagine how hard this is for you... Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"