April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• eme520 said:

I made so many cookies to bring to the nurses at work today and then left them on the train. ::insert crying emoji::

Ohh mama I'm sorry. What a bummer!
  • Vinny424 said:

Vinny424 said:

Everyone talking about remodeling makes me jelly. I want a house for Christmas.

The stupid concrete front stairs have started to disintegrate and crack from using salt. A quick google shows it could 500ish to fix and if it's not fixable 1200 to replace. For fucking stairs.
    Is that what did that? Ours went to shit last winter and they just sit there looking ugly. Thank goodness it's just two for us.
    Yea it's fucking salt. And I don't know what other alternative to use to not have that happen. Sand won't do it, it'll just leave a huge mound of ice.
    I wonder if it's the magnesium part? Maybe you could buy a huge bag of table salt at Sam's/Costco and use that? I know it'll dissolve the ice, I've used it on my ILs concrete steps.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Loading the player...
  • Since we are going to be out of town for Christmas, B got to open her gifts at home tonight. I don't know who was more excited about the new toys and books- B, or my husband.

Also, we are going to be in Tampa, I can't remember if there are any Tampa ladies.

• Since we are going to be out of town for Christmas, B got to open her gifts at home tonight. I don't know who was more excited about the new toys and books- B, or my husband.

Also, we are going to be in Tampa, I can't remember if there are any Tampa ladies.
    we live less than an hour south. how long are you in town for???
  • So I could use some travel advice. My spring break is the first week of April and I would love to go somewhere. I live in MN so preferably someplace warm where I can lay by a pool. :) I was thinking Orlando but am not sure where to stay. A lot of the hotels seem a bit pricey, too. We don't want to spend a ton--I'd like to book the whole trip for less than $1500. Obviously airfare varies greatly depending on where you live but I'm looking for some ideas, either for where to stay in Orlando that is fun and affordable or for other warm areas that would make a great trip! Don't know for sure if we will be bringing DS so both child friendly and adult only ideas welcome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Hotels in Orlando are very pricey because of Disney and Universal. If you are not doing these things, I would pick another destination instead of paying inflated prices for a place you are not using.
  • I'd love to visit Savannah, GA. Warm, historic, beautiful, and delicious food.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• eme520 said:

I made so many cookies to bring to the nurses at work today and then left them on the train. ::insert crying emoji::

Ohh mama I'm sorry. What a bummer!
    At least you made whoever finds those cookies happy?

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ^^Truth.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
     All AL welcome.

• hordol said:
    So I could use some travel advice. My spring break is the first week of April and I would love to go somewhere. I live in MN so preferably someplace warm where I can lay by a pool. :) I was thinking Orlando but am not sure where to stay. A lot of the hotels seem a bit pricey, too. We don't want to spend a ton--I'd like to book the whole trip for less than $1500. Obviously airfare varies greatly depending on where you live but I'm looking for some ideas, either for where to stay in Orlando that is fun and affordable or for other warm areas that would make a great trip! Don't know for sure if we will be bringing DS so both child friendly and adult only ideas welcome.

We went to Orlando two years ago and found it to be really cheap!  Disney is so expensive that you can usually find airfare and hotels off property for good prices...  We got cheap tickets (about $250 RT from Kentucky) and the hotel we said at was only like, $50 a night.  We totally lucked out there because we didn't care where it was, but it was all brand new and really nice.  Look around for a resort, or even a rental house and keep your options open.  You can see if it's worth it with a little online detective work.
  • hordol said:
    So I could use some travel advice. My spring break is the first week of April and I would love to go somewhere. I live in MN so preferably someplace warm where I can lay by a pool. :) I was thinking Orlando but am not sure where to stay. A lot of the hotels seem a bit pricey, too. We don't want to spend a ton--I'd like to book the whole trip for less than $1500. Obviously airfare varies greatly depending on where you live but I'm looking for some ideas, either for where to stay in Orlando that is fun and affordable or for other warm areas that would make a great trip! Don't know for sure if we will be bringing DS so both child friendly and adult only ideas welcome.

We went to Orlando two years ago and found it to be really cheap!  Disney is so expensive that you can usually find airfare and hotels off property for good prices...  We got cheap tickets (about $250 RT from Kentucky) and the hotel we said at was only like, $50 a night.  We totally lucked out there because we didn't care where it was, but it was all brand new and really nice.  Look around for a resort, or even a rental house and keep your options open.  You can see if it's worth it with a little online detective work.

Last time I went to Orlando, I found it to be pretty cheap too! It was also over spring break time. However when I search now, plane tickets are about $450 RT per person (I played around with the dates as much as I could to find the best price and that was it unfortunately, otherwise it was about 650/person) so I was trying to see if i could find a trip that would be more in the 300 per person mark for airfare...Las Vegas was but we have already gone there a few times so I was hoping Orlando could work out so we could go to Harry Potter World. Oh well... :(

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• Thanks for the suggestion @mom2boxers‌! I will have to look and see if that makes a difference!

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• My DH just found out he has the flu and pneumonia... Not sure how merry we will be this Christmas! :(

Stay healthy, y'all!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hordol said:
    hordol said:

Last time I went to Orlando, I found it to be pretty cheap too! It was also over spring break time. However when I search now, plane tickets are about $450 RT per person (I played around with the dates as much as I could to find the best price and that was it unfortunately, otherwise it was about 650/person) so I was trying to see if i could find a trip that would be more in the 300 per person mark for airfare...Las Vegas was but we have already gone there a few times so I was hoping Orlando could work out so we could go to Harry Potter World. Oh well... :(
    Las Vegas GTG??  :D
  • Wow @eme520‌! That's amazing.what was the baby's diagnosis?

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I'll be in Vegas jan 25-30!
    Hah, we'll be moving into the new place then!

Vegas is only 6 hours away from us!
  • eme520 said:
    @Teresa1896 It was a malformation of the lung that ended up miraculously getting better. It was amazing.
    Oh my gosh, I was just going to ask being born living meant he was in the clear. Yes!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi @Serenla‌ :-h

Hi!

All AL welcome.

• Just dropping in to say hi from the backseat of my car that I'm sharing with B. We are 9 hours into a 14 hour drive to Florida and her low grade fever just spiked to 102.8. Oy, wish us luck and good health.

Poor kiddo.

All AL welcome.

• Got gifted a non-activated starbucks card for x-mas. Seems par for the course though. This will go down as the worst x-mas ever. Don't have child care or a place to stay when I go down to work now. So when DH returns to work I'll have no choice but to return to being a SAHM. Wish I had seen this coming, I wouldn't have bought a new car. I wish there was such a thing a night day-cares.
  • I'm sorry @poru‌ :(

All AL welcome.

• I feel like a whiny jerk but today sucks. It's H's first day of vacation, but rather than spending Christmas Eve with us, we saw him for a grand total of 10 minutes today before he ran up to help his dad install shit at his house.

So rather than spending today with just our little family, he's running around, and I'm dealing with a velcro baby by myself as usual. And we're going to FIL's to open our gifts to each other because he has alienated pretty much all the rest of the family and H feels bad.

If FIL plays the harmonica, I may have a meltdown.

Tantrum over.
  • I was staying with my parents in my sisters room since she's shacking up with some air man, but can't now. They choice their agressive dog over their grandkids, and a few other things that don't need to get aired on the Internet. It just sucks because I had just told my boss last week to move me to FT since I'm currently per diem. There's no chance of me going to days or mid shift either. The cheapest hotel room is $54 a night. That's more than my mortgage for 2 days a week having a hotel room. Still trying to find a child care solution So I can keep working when DH returns to the road but I won't hold my breath. For the next 4 days I'm going to sleep in my car while DH stays in Tulare with the kids.
  • Got gifted a non-activated starbucks card for x-mas. Seems par for the course though. This will go down as the worst x-mas ever. Don't have child care or a place to stay when I go down to work now. So when DH returns to work I'll have no choice but to return to being a SAHM. Wish I had seen this coming, I wouldn't have bought a new car. I wish there was such a thing a night day-cares.

#nurseproblems I know how you feel. After an epic argument at the beginning of December where DH informed me that I am lazy and contribute nothing to the family, I am going back to work early, on January 5th. We (I) can't find a daycare that will take this young a baby and works with nursing hours. No idea what we are going to do. I haven't slept in weeks I'm so stressed out.
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited December 2014
    So mad. We went to church with my dad on Sunday for his birthday, and he and my aunt brought her grand kids who are sick. They knew it and didn't tell is so that we could make a choice of whether or not we still wanted to come. Of course Edolie caught their cold and has woken up 3 times since she went down for bed an hour and a half ago. :(
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • tlp2558 said:

So mad. We went to church with my dad on Sunday for his birthday, and he and my aunt brought her grand kids who are sick. They knew it and didn't tell is so that we could make a choice of whether or not we still wanted to come. Of course Edolie caught their cold and has woken up 3 times since she went down for bed an hour and a half ago. :(

Poor thing. And definitely inconsiderate of them to not tell yall.

My guy is sounding stuffy tonight so I think I may have jinxed us :( it may be a long night ahead... Thankful my H is off work tonight to help.
    Oh no! Not y'all too. :confused: Yes, I'm thankful my husband is on vacation and will be able to help out tonight! I imagine Edolie will be waking up about every 2 hours if we're lucky.

• Big hugs @edoliesmom :( seans cold has been causing wakeups every 2 hours but I caved and gave him Motrin then Tylenol 2 hours later and he's sleeping like a rock. Poor sick babies!

Poor guy! I wish Motrin would help Edolie in that way. I'm glad he's able to get some rest though!

• Poor Z. I hope everything goes well. Give her extra snuggles for me @poru‌
  • A friend of mine has a daughter 4 weeks younger than Dylan. She doesn't sit yet. Not even propped. Is that normal?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"