April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Happy hour with everyone on a14 sounds delightful.
  • Wow, bat signals for real dude!  I'm assuming all of this is being discussed in 18 different internet forums (facebook groups, what have you).

Honestly, I had forgotten about so many of you guys!  Glad you could come back to argue your points (was there a point?).

Life gets difficult, busy, whatevs.  We all move on...

Or do we?....  (dramatic dum dum dum!!!!!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • I propose an A14 Christmas party. Tonight, let's start a thread and start drinking!
    I'm decorating tree #2 tonight with Love Actually and wine once the baby is asleep - starting around 7:30 central time zone.  I'll join!
  • I spoke too soon.  Momma is on her way to drunksville and daddy is taking care of bottle and bed tonight!  AKA I'm supervising.
  • Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited December 2014
    That's really the thing though, @smushi. Those among us that mostly moved on from A14 would have been content with being forgotten. There are others among us that have gotten busy, but still try to check in every once in awhile because we just aren't ready to completely cut ties we made over a year ago. People seem to remember that we were (very) part time GC but forget that we were full time Blue, Kendra, Jelly, MF, and so on who have interacted with you all, cared, and shared stories and advice for the past year plus.

Partly our fault that we get generalized? Yes of course. But that doesn't change the fact that when we do stop by to check in, we are greeted with some stuff about how we must be super exclusive and hurtful because of things garnered from BIRL's private Instagram (her gift basket from when she was sick and Rogue giving her Christmas ornaments). We weren't bothering anyone (unless you count passive offense that we didn't check in enough...). We didn't ask to be brought up over stupid shit that should have died 9 months ago, when many of us still check in on TB from time to time and can read that.

I understand that this is TB and gossip happens. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but that includes us, especially when the topic of discussion IS us.

I don't need everyone to like me, love me, remember me, ask after me constantly, or any of that, but the whole thing is way overblown when we are just responding to something that was set on the table by someone else.

I never gave a goodbye because it wasn't goodbye.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014
    Re: alcohol. I had a good buzz going from some Fireball whiskey the other night. In retrospect, maybe that's when I should have checked in.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: alcohol. I had a good buzz going from some Fireball whiskey the other night. In retrospect, maybe that's when I should have checked in.

Giiiirrrrrl that's my shit!!!! Our bottle just finished earlier this week. That's why I'm drinking flavored rum
  • @deidremaria‌ The bottle I have is nearly full and I have a glass with your name on it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @deidremaria‌ The bottle I have is nearly full and I have a glass with your name on it!

Cheers!
  • I just think it's great that so many previous regular posters came out of the woodwork to post suddenly in RTT based on an offhand UO :)

Glad to see you and your sweet faced siggies!  Wish we could see more of you, but thems' the breaks!
  • The faces are a ruse, trust me. Things have not been sweet of late. :-w

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014
    smushi said:

I just think it's great that so many previous regular posters came out of the woodwork to post suddenly in RTT based on an offhand UO :)

I think it's because of an offhand resurgence of months old pseudo-drama based on offhand misplaced envy about an offhand Instagram photo of a Christmas ornament. That's the kicker. Christmas ornaments. The source of all discord.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've had some bitch titty moments here too @bluebird2318 :)

LO has taken to nursing and sliding his hand under my shirt, under my bra, and twisting the SHIT out of other nipple.  Oh my, were I one to shake a baby...

And he spent the last two weeks being angry every night, which meant every hour wake ups, with me still having to go to to work the next day.  Sucked my supply, sucked my brain, and my life.  Bonkers over here.  So glad for Christmas break.
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited December 2014
    Nope.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Yeah, DS is now a nipple biter. I think he figures if he has two teeth he better use them. Meanwhile DD can't seem to fall asleep without throwing a fit unless I am there anymore, which is weird. She has done well in a big girl bed since before she turned 2 (now 2.5). Not sure why the sudden change but I settle on assuming it is just the terrible twos.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just think it's great that so many previous regular posters came out of the woodwork to post suddenly in RTT based on an offhand UO :)
    I think it's because of an offhand resurgence of months old pseudo-drama based on offhand misplaced envy about an offhand Instagram photo of a Christmas ornament. That's the kicker. Christmas ornaments. The source of all discord.

I don't have instagram. Outta the seemingly important loop :)
    edited December 2014
    It's not important. Not even remotely. If that had been understood from the get-go this tongue-in-cheek conversation wouldn't be happening. It's all about something incredibly irrelevant being made into a big deal because @edoliesmom felt rejected when she saw BIRL's Christmas ornaments and fruit basket. Which shouldn't have been an issue anyway since she is friends with half of us on FB. (Why the insecurity?) She (EM) said from the start in UO that it could cause drama. People said "say it anyway." She did. It caused drama. Big surprise (especially in UO).

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014
    @smushi I don't want to turn it into anything between you and me or anyone else who wasn't directly involved becuase it won't accomplish anything. In all honesty I would have been content to drop it hours ago but my readily-admitted character flaw is that if someone says something snarky I feel the need to respond in kind (not talking about EM's original post because I think responding to that is perfectly fair). But continuing it thereafter with someone who wasn't involved is petty and I apologize for my part in that. It wasn't necessary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @edoliesmom‌ YGPM. Or, rather, YGM, am I right?
    You'll get one soon too. I just had to take care of Edolie and clarify some things first...

• Creepers gon' creep.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I read all that UO and have so muh to say and now it's over and I can't jump in... #lurkerprobs
    This is my vow to stop lurking and start participating more, because lurking sucks.

Also, an asshole gave my kid a gingerbread cookie at a party and she is bouncing off the walls... Not cute, not cute at all...
  • @joytomylifex‌ I would be pissed! Our families act like we are mean for not giving LO sweets, but it's for good reason. She can eat sugar the rest of her life, but I don't need to encourage it now!

Photobucket imageimage

• @joytomylifex‌ I would be pissed! Our families act like we are mean for not giving LO sweets, but it's for good reason. She can eat sugar the rest of her life, but I don't need to encourage it now!

Right?! She looked like she had taken a gingerbread bath by the time I saw it... I wish I could send her to that lady's house right now when she is acting insane as a nice thank you.
  • eme520 said:

I really need to go to bed, but my mom just hilariously drunk texted me.

I'm laughing so fucking hard at this!!! I live for your mom
  • I ignore my moms texts after 7pm since she learned how to use her phone. She's thhhhe worst
  • Kegals? I can't spell sometimes
  • March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014
    @aronie82 I am so bad at saying anything in a somewhat succinct way, but I'll respond anyway... The things that other people said were vaguely hurtful, but I think we felt more offended by the fact that @EdoliesMom brought us up out of the blue to say that we didn't care enough about anyone else but each other anymore, or suggested as much. The examples she used were the fact that we sent BIRL a fruit bouquet (privately) when she was unwell. The only reason it's out there is because BIRL posted on her private Instagram that she appreciated our gesture. The other example was that Rogue sent BIRL Christmas ornaments (again posted on BIRL's private Instagram).

To us, these are not board issues because we don't see ourselves as a segment of A14. We met on A14 (and some were familiar from other boards already), but we are friends in the real world. We text, we meet up, we call each other, etc. Those aren't board issues, but they were brought back to the board and turned into board drama about how we are trying to exclude people from A14, which isn't true. We aren't actively trying to exclude anyone, we just happen to be very close friends and we have been for a very long time (pre-GC--she was not the start of our friendship).

That fact was never intended to undermine any other relationships we ever had with people we met on the board, but I think it was taken that way because the only idea that people have of our friendship is that "we were GlynnCoco." To us, it's clear that we were friends long before and long after GC ever happened. To everyone else, including EdoliesMom, the context is not so clear, which I think is part of the problem.

Things got out of control because that's what happens when feelings are hurt and neither side understands the other, but we've sent PMs to try and figure it out because it's gone on for too long already.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have read it. I'm sorry, but I'll have to reply later. It has taken me over an hour to respond to Jelly, and I want to give you the same dedication and thoroughness that I gave to her message. Edolie wakes up pretty much every 2 hours, so I already know I'm going to be even more tired than what I usually am in the morning. I just wanted to clear some of this up. Thank you for messaging me. I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get back with you until tomorrow evening or possibly Monday. I'll try my best though.

• I have read it. I'm sorry, but I'll have to reply later. It has taken me over an hour to respond to Jelly, and I want to give you the same dedication and thoroughness that I gave to her message. Edolie wakes up pretty much every 2 hours, so I already know I'm going to be even more tired than what I usually am in the morning. I just wanted to clear some of this up. Thank you for messaging me. I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get back with you until tomorrow evening or possibly Monday. I'll try my best though.
    It's okay. I'm pretty busy until tomorrow evening as well. I just wanted to get it out there while I had my thoughts in order.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vinny424 said:
    You know... There was a lot of butt hurt today over a little butt hurt a few days ago. At this rate the whole bump will be in hysterics by Christmas.
    @Vinny424 No, you haven't heard my true story of A14 butthurt. Sit down and listen.

Remember back in the day when people were picking out labor buddies? Okay, well at that time I turned down a few people that I was already close to (including but not limited to some of the people you know as "GC girls") in favor of the person who asked me first. I figured "hey, this person seems like a cool chick, I'm gonna roll with it."

You know who that person was?

snmetz7.

Gurl. GURRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLL....

Back and forth labor buddy texting, some odd months, and one GBCB later and my butt hurt FAH DAYYYYSSSSS.

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014

juniper75 said:
    Ok so with sick kids, a mom visit and a crazy board explosion I am still trying to catch up. But here's what I have to say: the one thing we all know is that @edoliesmom Is a sweetheart. She said something and people got butthurt - but its clear to everyone that she was just trying to express a nice sentiment that came out wrong. No one here would feel worse if they thought they had upset someone or made them feel bad. Now she is using up all her precious time sending PM's trying to make it better. And people who say they don't really care just won't let it go or let her off the hook already. And the only reason I care is because I have to read through pages of crap to find posts about things I actually want to read. In a holiday season way over saturated with Frozen references and merchandise I am now singing LET IT GO at the top of lungs - thanks for that. Otherwise its nice to have a visit from ghosts of Christmas past, hope you pop in now and then in Christmas present and future. And for @edoliesmom you get a creepy internet hug from me, just for being you.
    Please understand that we are PMing her in an effort to work things out with her, not berate her. We are not the only ones at fault for the way it went down. Her OP and follow-up comments were not as innocuous as you are making it out to be, but we are trying to make it right together (for wrongs done on both sides) over PM rather than over the board.

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited December 2014
    I get that. I think that the nature of message boards is that things get prolonged because people aren't around to respond in real-time and just get it out of the way. Someone shows up late, feelings get brought back up, and so on, KWIM?

At the start of it, when the only issue was what was said in UO, I think I said everything I needed to say in my response to her post. I wasn't aggressive about it, and I wish I had left it at that. I truly was content to be over it at that point and I think Jelly was too, and probably most of A14 are in that boat as well, but it got brought back up. And I know it's a message board. That's just what happens. There's no one specific to blame for that, really. Snark gets said. Flames get thrown. I just have a hard time not responding to snark with snark, sass with sass, bitchy with bitchy, or whatever the case may be, so a good bit of it is on me for responding to instead of ignoring things that were said after the fact and I apologize for what part in it I played, because the whole thing is childish. I wish I had shut my mouth at that point, but when you're hurt it can be a hard thing to do. I felt betrayed, so I behaved in a way that I am not proud of, but I can't change that after the fact.

I would be happy to move on, as I was the first time I posted in UO. I sincerely thought that would be the end of it. I just (personally) want to clear things up with EdoliesMom specifically since it was between her and us that the hurts on both sides originated. She's not unforgiven to me. I hope I'm not unforgiven to her. And I hope that's the end of it.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"