November 2014 Moms

Inside Baby Thread

Re: Inside Baby Thread

• I hope it's soon for you ladies!

My midwife is convinced I'll go into active labor on Tuesday night. I'm pretty skeptical. I had a bout of latent/prodromal labor Friday night that lasted about four hours. Contractions came every 6-10 minutes lasting one minute. Very noticeable, but still very management. Then they stopped. But it got me from 3 cm to 5 cm with a bulging bag. Now we just wait for the "real deal" to kick in.

But if not within the next few days then she'll do a stretch and sweep on Sat, which was helpful with #2.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats @kstirton‌ ! Now get outta here!! :)

@metaphysique‌ 5cm!!! Hope you stay there or that bag pushes you farther!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kstirton said:

I am really late, but I went into labor thurs at 12:30am and had my beautiful baby girl at 12:38pm!! She is perfect :)

Yay!! Congratulations!!
  • We were coming home from Walmart earlier and I was checking the bump, and FI was like you and those boards! Lol. I don't have Facebook or Twitter, just Instagram so this is my only other 'social media' so I was just like I have nothing else to do at the moment. He said I figured you would want Facebook back once Talon came. No, thank you. I like not having everyone in my business (:
  • Due date is Wednesday. I am having some mixed feelings about these last 3 days of work before Thanksgiving. If I take them now, it's 3 less days I get with the baby. But I'm starting to feel uncomfortable at school (I do have an assistant, but it's still a busy, active day with lots of little kids). My husband thinks it's a no brainer, just stop working and we will make due with the money situation whatever happens. But what if I don't have the baby for another 2 weeks?! That is totally possible! I just wish we could know when everything was going to happen!
  • @hiketheworld‌ finger crossed and happy thoughts for an easy induction. Or if not easy, than safe and productive... with a massage at the end!
  • @runnershan‌ Yeah, I've been taking 1300mg orally for about a week now? I think my midwife will tell me to start taking it vaginally this week as well.
    I tried drinking strong rrl tea for about a week... blegh. Started taking it in capsules.. not sure how much, but it's 6 pills a day.

Plus prenatals and vitamin c! Agh pill overload!

• @hiketheworld‌ crossing my fingers and toes for you that everything goes the best way it can and you both come out of it happy and healthy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SarahHeckSarahHeck member
    edited November 2014
    @KUinCBUS‌ I feel the same way! I hate inconveniencing people and feel like I'm messing up other people's schedules. i need people to watch DD while I'm in the hospital and I feel bad I'm not able to give a time frame and with thanksgiving... Plans are all in the air. Will we show up or won't we? My daughter's surgery.. Will I be able to be there? Will DH? I feel like it all rests on me and I know it's crazy too, because I literally can not control any of it and everyone else knows that too and tells me that.

Edited because autocorrect sucks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SarahHeck said:

Anybody else terrified that their water will break in public? I want to go walk this baby out, but it's freezing outside and I'm scared to go walking around stores or the mall and have my water break. So weird. I never had this fear with DD.

Yeah I haven't gone anywhere by myself since the beginning of last week because I don't want my water breaking, and I've been doing everything to try to induce labor. I think I would freak out and forget what I need to do. Just stand there in a puddle embarrassed lol
  • SarahHeck said:

Anybody else terrified that their water will break in public? I want to go walk this baby out, but it's freezing outside and I'm scared to go walking around stores or the mall and have my water break. So weird. I never had this fear with DD.

I'm a weird one. I'm looking forward to finally going into labor that I'd be excited if my water broke in public just because it would mean I was one step closing to giving birth!
  • At least the amniotic fluid doesn't smell :) not so embarrassing.

• @chesneybrynn exactly! I have gone grocery shopping a couple times, but very hesitantly. I'm starting to get cabin fever, but I think my fear outweighs that. I think I'm mostly worried about the poor person who would have to clean it up! What would I say?! "Sorry my water broke... I have to get to the hospital now...Can you get that? Thanks..."

@audreym0824‌ It could still mean all that in the privacy of my own home haha.

I dunno, I'm even a little nervous about it happening on furniture at home though and how I would clean it. I guess the clean up is what scares me most haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KUinCBUS and @SarahHeck Samesies...Now that I'm scheduled for an induction Wednesday at 41+2 all of our friends and some family even who have talked about being at the hospital for months now have all backed out because it's Thanksgiving (promptly sending me into a frenzy about what we're now going to do with our dogs) but whatever it's fine. I don't expect the world to revolve around me but the way in which people are backing out (tone/delivery) make me feel as if it is somehow my fault. Like not only am I failure for being all sorts of overdue but I'm a failure x2 because I've ruined your holiday plans in the process. 

So now everyone has promised to come by in the weeks following but I don't know that I want them here. I guess I feel that people visiting in the hospital for minutes at a time is better then people invading my home for hours at a time. Anyone else feel the same?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BrittG13 said:
    @KUinCBUS and @SarahHeck Samesies...Now that I'm scheduled for an induction Wednesday at 41+2 all of our friends and some family even who have talked about being at the hospital for months now have all backed out because it's Thanksgiving (promptly sending me into a frenzy about what we're now going to do with our dogs) but whatever it's fine. I don't expect the world to revolve around me but the way in which people are backing out (tone/delivery) make me feel as if it is somehow my fault. Like not only am I failure for being all sorts of overdue but I'm a failure x2 because I've ruined your holiday plans in the process. 

So now everyone has promised to come by in the weeks following but I don't know that I want them here. I guess I feel that people visiting in the hospital for minutes at a time is better then people invading my home for hours at a time. Anyone else feel the same?
    @BrittG13

I'm sorry. It's not like you have complete control of when baby arrives. That sucks. Two days away! How exciting! Can't wait to see your birth announcement! (((hugs)))
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Having a pity party for myself that's for sure. Getting frustrated that my body won't start. I have contractions here and there but they always fizzle out. Membrane stripping didn't work. I keep trying everything to try to jump start this labor but body and baby apparently aren't ready. My first was overdue and I had to be induced which went very well actually but I really wanted to be able to experience going into labor and having all that excitement. Ok rant over..
  • I have this sinking suspicion my LO doesn't want to come on 11/28, despite my intention. I own that due date proudly.

I have my first cervix check in a few hours, and I'll cry if I'm not dilated/effaced at all. I figure that if I'm not sleeping through the night as it is, I may as well have a baby to deal with.

Not at the pity party stage yet, so I won't be next - I'll follow the rules. In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying the extra kitty snuggles.

Fingers crossed for babies today, ladies!
  • Is your baby posterior @WildFlower810 or is it just how you're carrying in general?
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • Still in there & the girl cut her foot in the yard today. Im held hostage keeping her from messing with it until her dad comes home. :-< I just cant go into labor until we get her fixed up...hopefully he cooperates.
    image.jpg 1005.7K
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited November 2014

@snarkylibrarian‌ I'm due on Thanksgiving too and I've been getting the "oh since the baby isn't here you're coming here right?!" Yeah no. I'm actually a former chef and the resident cook for my whole family so Thanksgiving is usually "my day" but this year everyone is their own. But even if LO isn't here by then I don't want to drive across town sit around all day at someone else's house when I can be at home in my pajamas! My sister in law was shocked we didn't want to drive 2 hours away to her mothers house for dinner. Yeah no thanks! The last place I want to be if I actually go into labor is 2 hours from where I'm delivering!

quote fail.

I'm also due on Thanksgiving, and if I'm still pregnant, the last place on earth I want to be is at my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I just want to sit at home in my pajamas, watching Netflix, and spending what little time we have left relaxing with my husband.
    My in-laws also (out of the blue) want to take us out to dinner one last time before the baby gets here!!! It's nice and all, but it's not necessary, and ridiculously last minute. We see them all the time. If I feel up to going out to a nice dinner, I would rather spend it alone with just my husband anyway.
  • edited November 2014
    My in-laws only live 20 min from my hospital and my husband really wants to go, so I will have to haul my pregnant ass over there. I am not dressing up though, not bringing desserts like I usually do and will likely leave early.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • @theMadRadishes‌ Sorry about your girl - I'm a hopeless mess when something is wrong with my furbabies. But you got a great picture out of it!
  • Add me to feeling like a ticking time bomb! And feeling the pressure from family and friends. Ds was 13 days late, I'm ok with this,Lol
  • Induction scheduled for 5:30 in the morning Wednesday.  I have mixed feelings...I don't understand why I'm further dilated and effaced than when I went into labor on my own with DD.  I ended up having to get pitocin with her anyway because I wasn't progressing and apparently I just can't progress this time either.  I thought I could avoid pitocin and maybe have a different birth experience...
    But I had the hospital bag packed and ready to go when I went for my appointment this afternoon, everything prepared thinking they would send me on to the hospital.  I about burst into tears when they said Wednesday.  And 5:30am.

• So with all you ladies on all feeling the pressure from everyone. I'm uncomfortable but I am holding out for LO to decide to come whenever it is ready. I am hoping it is before next week so that I don't have to be induced.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Sarahbeth612‌ WHAT?? 5:30am?? You poor thing. Wednesday is exciting, plus you've got 30+ hours for a magical labour. But the 5:30 hurts! Feeling for ya!
  • Thanks @minibean16... Wednesday isn't too far away but yeah, if I'm going to be scheduled, it would have been nice to have a full night sleep and maybe a delicious breakfast first!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"