July 2014 Moms
Options

Book Club - NOW OPEN!

1235»

Re: Book Club - NOW OPEN!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    EkzerrEkzerr member
    edited September 2014
    @litera I really did! It's different from any other books I've read and I found myself liking characters in the end (once you get to know them) that I really didn't think Id like from the beginning, and vice versa...I would definitely recommend it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @litera‌ it took me awhile to get into actually. I think it's so much harder to get through a book when you don't like the characters, and I couldn't stand either of them for obvious reasons.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    I have now read through all of the Outlander books as well as the side novellas and such attached to it (all since about a week before DD was born).  And since the show started I decided to re-read book 1, so I'm into that again.  I'm looking for something new so I'll have to check out what you all are reading (though I really don't know about Gone Girl.  Something about it just kind of seems meh to me).
  • Options

I have now read through all of the Outlander books as well as the side novellas and such attached to it (all since about a week before DD was born).  And since the show started I decided to re-read book 1, so I'm into that again.  I'm looking for something new so I'll have to check out what you all are reading (though I really don't know about Gone Girl.  Something about it just kind of seems meh to me).

Wow! You're doing better than me... I'm on book 5 of the Outlander series right now!
  • Options
  • Options
    I just downloaded Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand after listening to a recording of an interview with Louis Zamperini. Anxious to start it!
  • Options
    I recommend the Jack Absolute books by C. C. Humphreys. Historical fiction, during the revolutionary war. Quick reads, but good ones!

• Options
  • Options
    I read young adult lit mainly and I'm about to start Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    I'm still re-reading Outlander, but I think I'm ready for a break from it.  Thinking about The Silkworm, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  • Options
    Just finished Snow Flower and the secret fan by Lisa See and loved it! now onto The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
  • Options
    I'm trudging along in the 5th Outlander book.  I only get to read during my pump sessions at work so it's taking me 2 years to get through it.  The first half of the book was boring as hell, but now that the stuff with Roger is happening, it's getting better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    bullybutt said:

I'm trudging along in the 5th Outlander book.  I only get to read during my pump sessions at work so it's taking me 2 years to get through it.  The first half of the book was boring as hell, but now that the stuff with Roger is happening, it's getting better.

I totally agree. I'm about halfway through it at the moment.
  • Options
    I'm currently reading the Outlander series.  I'm on Voyager, but I'm now so exhausted that I have no idea what I've actually read.  :-( 
  • Options
    I'm listening to the book All the Light You Cannot See  ( I have an audible.com monthly subscription that I listen to while on my long communtes)

The story takes place in three locations a steel and coal town in Germany, Paris and a small seaside town saint-malo from the 1930's to the midst of WWII.  The main characters are a french blind girl, a brilliant orphaned German boy, and a large diamond that carries a curse.  

I haven't found out how these all will intertwine yet but the story is rich in character development.  I'm really enjoying the book so far but I'm also a sucker for books set during this time period.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"