July 2014 Moms
Options

Random Thread

Re: Random Thread

• Options
    My grandparents dog died last night.  They left him last weekend with my uncle when they came down for DD's baptism and he got sick.  They took him to the vet on Monday when they got home and they couldn't determine what it was.  They kept him at the vet for observation this week and he passed away last night.  It's not my dog, but I'm heartbroken about it.  Probably more upset for my grandparents than anything else.  I can't imagine how it will be when one of our dogs dies.

Here he is sitting on DD just last month.

• Options

Mister referenced getting a vasectomy after #2 as "getting his tubes tied"
    Lol.

Bahahaha. Too funny. Sounds like something my Mister would say <3

Now I really, really miss him. Stupid work trips.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...now to make myself have the conversation. Time to put on my big girl panties and be an adult.
    image.
  • Options

My grandparents dog died last night.  They left him last weekend with my uncle when they came down for DD's baptism and he got sick.  They took him to the vet on Monday when they got home and they couldn't determine what it was.  They kept him at the vet for observation this week and he passed away last night.  It's not my dog, but I'm heartbroken about it.  Probably more upset for my grandparents than anything else.  I can't imagine how it will be when one of our dogs dies.

Here he is sitting on DD just last month.

So sorry to hear. Losing a pet is tough, even if he wasn't yours.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just noticed the header at the top of the forum that has a lady clutching her pregnant baby belly and thought "I'm SO GLAD I'm not pregnant anymore" ....I didn't realize I felt that strongly about it!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    DH is watching YouTube videos and just finished watching videos on when analog TV went off air, he then asked what I was doing that day. It took me a minute to figure out, but I figured it out while he asked how could not remember that since it was the day after my birthday. Seriously though, who remembers what they were doing on June 12, 2009??
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH is watching YouTube videos and just finished watching videos on when analog TV went off air, he then asked what I was doing that day. It took me a minute to figure out, but I figured it out while he asked how could not remember that since it was the day after my birthday. Seriously though, who remembers what they were doing on June 12, 2009??
    I was at a rehearsal dinner for friends of ours that got married on June 13, 2009. LOL

I only remember that because I remember their wedding date.

• Options
    @SuperTinkerham‌ that's pretty crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I realized the other day that this was the week I POAS and joined the July 14 club. I'm a little sad all of that is over with now but on the other hand not quite sure if I could handle a third child. Feel nostalgic for sure though

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I had to give Bean a suppository on Thursday morning. It had been 8 days since her last BM and she was in obvious pain. We had tried juice 3x over 3 days and nothing was working. 

When she finally went, there was a loud POP! like a champagne cork dislodging. 

I hope I never have to go through that again. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I was out of town Thurs-Sat, then I fly out again this Thursday, home Sunday morning, Fly out again on Monday and home again on Tuesday and working in PA on Wednesday. 

I could cry. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I was out of town Thurs-Sat, then I fly out again this Thursday, home Sunday morning, Fly out again on Monday and home again on Tuesday and working in PA on Wednesday. 

I could cry. 
    @ghostof5letters *hugs*  I don't know how you do it. I give you lots of credit!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I could cry. 
    Are you pumping while traveling??
    Yes, and it's just as awful as you can imagine. 

I've pumped at every rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike. I check my milk at the airport since I'm usually traveling with 100+ ounces and don't feel like dealing with security. Some hotels rape me for $25 per day for the fridge in my room. So annoying. 

Oh, and 75% of the time, I have a roommate at my hotel. This past week it was a 60 year old preacher's wife. So.Much.Fun. 

• Options

I could cry. 
    Are you pumping while traveling??

Yes, and it's just as awful as you can imagine. 

I've pumped at every rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike. I check my milk at the airport since I'm usually traveling with 100+ ounces and don't feel like dealing with security. Some hotels rape me for $25 per day for the fridge in my room. So annoying. 

Oh, and 75% of the time, I have a roommate at my hotel. This past week it was a 60 year old preacher's wife. So.Much.Fun. 
    That is some dedication!

I've been telling myself that quitting would make my life so much easier and I have complete free will to do so. Yet, I just can't stop.

• Options

DD gave me the best birthday present ever and slept through the night for real last night for the first time ever! Even if it doesn't happen again for a little while, it gave me hope that it actually can happen!

Good job LO! Happy birthday to you @stellabunny‌ !
  • Options

@stellabunny Happy Birthday!  That is the best present ever!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kam3100 said:
    My 4 month old dd is fitting in 6-9 month clothing. I packed up the 3 months clothes to send to my sister in law and it made me so sad. The cliches about them growing so fast is so true!
    So much this. 

And veteran's day is technically my "I think I'm pregnant, should I POAS?" anniversary!  I went to work and felt really sick all day long, but I didn't actually POAS till the 14th.  But veteran's day was the first day that I really knew something was up.

• Options
    BadLeroyBrownBadLeroyBrown member
    edited November 2014
    kam3100 said:
    My 4 month old dd is fitting in 6-9 month clothing. I packed up the 3 months clothes to send to my sister in law and it made me so sad. The cliches about them growing so fast is so true!
    I had all the sads when I packed up newborn-3 months recently :(  It's exciting because he does new things everyday, so him growing is fun, but it's a realization that I'm going to blink and he's going to be 15
    Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

• Options
    Question, my mom said back in the day there isn't much difference in size between 6 month and 9 month clothes and to go straight to 12 months when he grows out of 6 months. Does anyone know if this is still true?
    I found a difference with DS's clothes.  He was on the small side until his first birthday, though, so that could be part of it.  And of course it depends on when they hit a growth spurt.  
  • Options
    @ghostof5letters  Yay for an Atlanta trip!  I know you travel a bunch, so you probably don't need any tips/recommendations, but let me know.  Lots of yummy restaurants to check out in town.  
  • Options
    @ghostof5letters  Yay for an Atlanta trip!  I know you travel a bunch, so you probably don't need any tips/recommendations, but let me know.  Lots of yummy restaurants to check out in town.  
    My BFF from Italy will be in town (our holiday party) or I would try to meet up with the ATL ladies. 

• Options
    My BFF from Italy will be in town (our holiday party) or I would try to meet up with the ATL ladies. 
    Yay Italy!  I did a semester over there in college.  Definitely going back one day!   That's awesome that you'll be able to see your BFF. 

Didn't mean a meet up (figured offering suggestions would be creepy sounding enough).  Just offering recommendations if you're looking for anywhere to go out (food and/or drinks).  Hope you have a great time with your BFF!  

• Options
    Yay Italy!  I did a semester over there in college.  Definitely going back one day!   That's awesome that you'll be able to see your BFF. 

Didn't mean a meet up (figured offering suggestions would be creepy sounding enough).  Just offering recommendations if you're looking for anywhere to go out (food and/or drinks).  Hope you have a great time with your BFF!  

You think I smell?

• Options

You think I smell?
    Only a little, but I figure it's like roses and cupcakes.  

Really, though, I didn't want to come off as the weird lady from the internet who saw someone she met online was going to be in town and was all "hey we should totes get together IRL" because weird.  It's just neat you'll be in my area so I figured I'd offer recommendations if needed  :)

FWIW a friend has a pop up bar with a soft opening this week if you do want to check something new/different out.  We're not going to make it this week and will be checking it out next month.
  • Options

You think I smell?
    Only a little, but I figure it's like roses and cupcakes.  

Really, though, I didn't want to come off as the weird lady from the internet who saw someone she met online was going to be in town and was all "hey we should totes get together IRL" because weird.  It's just neat you'll be in my area so I figured I'd offer recommendations if needed  :)

FWIW a friend has a pop up bar with a soft opening this week if you do want to check something new/different out.  We're not going to make it this week and will be checking it out next month.
    I'll be back in January too, so maybe we can try it then. 

I may want to hide from my coworkers on Thursday night - Friday night is dinner/party and Sat night is Cirque (best perk of my job is our annual Cirque shows). 

• Options
    +++SNIP+++
    I'll be back in January too, so maybe we can try it then. 

I may want to hide from my coworkers on Thursday night - Friday night is dinner/party and Sat night is Cirque (best perk of my job is our annual Cirque shows). 
    Here's the info on the soft opening if you want to get away from co-workers and are in the midtown area.  It's at 15th & Peachtree, across 15th street from the arts center.  Neat old mansion they've renovated.  image
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey All - No conspiracy theory...I deactivated my FB page due to some annoying family members. @birthjunkie found me and can give you guys the link to my other profile if you're looking for me. This is all a coincidence. 

:)

• Options
    I can't believe I just found out that the mamaroo has a sound machine in it. All this time, could have been using it. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    DH took DS to get his hair cut today.  Never. Again.  They cut off way too much!!!  
  • Options
    ohdarla said:
    I can't believe I just found out that the mamaroo has a sound machine in it. All this time, could have been using it. 
    It's a good one too, it gets nice and loud. You know you can plug in your iPod too, right?

• Options
    One of my dogs is pretty sick, he is staying at the vet today getting fluids. The vet thinks his kidneys are shutting down because his numbers are off the chart. They are hoping the fluids will help but only time will tell. I'm feeling pretty down, but trying to hope for the best.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kam3100 said:
    One of my dogs is pretty sick, he is staying at the vet today getting fluids. The vet thinks his kidneys are shutting down because his numbers are off the chart. They are hoping the fluids will help but only time will tell. I'm feeling pretty down, but trying to hope for the best.
    Poor puppy. I hope this does the trick.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    ohdarla said:
    It's a good one too, it gets nice and loud. You know you can plug in your iPod too, right?

It is really good! Yea, I always knew about the Ipod.. but someone had mentioned to me a month or two ago about the music on it, and I was all like.. oh yea ok. Well I went to look up the manual online to see how to wash the cover and I saw it said that for the music to work, you had to unplug the ipod cable. DUH
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    No shit. Must try this out when I get home.

You have to unplug the Ipod cable and it works. Fucking magical.
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    @KAM3100 sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope they figure something out for him
    Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"