July 2014 Moms
Options

Random Thread

It appears that the random thread is broken. So I'm starting a new one! Bring on the randomness!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Thread

• Options
    Yesss! It's broken for me too, not showing anything after October 12th.

I wanted to whine about people in the random thread since I missed MBF. A woman I know (but am not close to) is constantly butting in with her opinions on how people should raise their kids and dogs...she has never had or worked with kids or dogs. It's getting right on my nerves being told I'm parenting wrong and was a bad dog owner by someone who hasn't a clue about either. I don't tell her how to do her job and look after her cat!
  • Options
    @darkangel42‌ not cool, I despise that type of behavior :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is starting to laugh when I wipe her during a diaper change. It's cracking me up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sweet, I might actually read this thread because I looked at the other bazillion page one and went nope, nope, nope.

I'm annoyed at the thing I use in the freezer for milk storage/to compact the milk bags.  I was removing some bags the other night to put them in freezer bags as a group, and I guess the bags had moisture on the outside of them.  They stuck to the side of the container, so they tore when I took them out.  I mean, they're okay right now because all the milk froze, but it's going to be bad when they have to be defrosted for use.  Ugh.  Not sure how to handle that.

• Options
    ADC1979 said:
    Sweet, I might actually read this thread because I looked at the other bazillion page one and went nope, nope, nope.

I'm annoyed at the thing I use in the freezer for milk storage/to compact the milk bags.  I was removing some bags the other night to put them in freezer bags as a group, and I guess the bags had moisture on the outside of them.  They stuck to the side of the container, so they tore when I took them out.  I mean, they're okay right now because all the milk froze, but it's going to be bad when they have to be defrosted for use.  Ugh.  Not sure how to handle that.
    I would just pop them in a ziplock for defrosting later.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Yep the random thread is broke on page 348. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12259163/random-thread-for-all-things-random/p348

I've read it several times and I each time I am surprised to still see "Max's" pic and wonder if Max's real mom knows there's memes of him on the internet created by her 'friend'.
  • Options
    Was just lurking the baby names board and got irrationally angry at all the people saying that a couple of names are just a nickname and not a standalone name. One of them is my name and isn't short for anything, it IS a standalone name. 

No idea why that got me so mad. Clearly I need something to rage at.
  • Options
    ADC1979 said:

I would just pop them in a ziplock for defrosting later.
    Duh, thank you.  My sleep-deprived brain may have come up with that elegant solution in about 500 years.    I-)

• Options
    Hubby is on nights, I have a clean house and both kids are sleeping at 7. This never happens. I am watching Sunny in Philidelphia and painting my nails. I'm. In. Heaven. <:-P </div>

This is living the dream!

• Options
    Hi all!! It's been a while since I've posted. Work is seriously no joke. I've never been so tired in my life. Tomorrow is day 10 of working straight. Then I get Thursay, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Hell yes to my four day weekend!!!!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options

Starting in Tuesday I don't get a break unless I am sleeping until the weekend after I catch up on work which sometimes isn't until Sunday night... I am ready to snap.

Are you me? This pace is untenable.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been sleeping like a champ for a month or so and wakes at 9 usually. Since the time change DS has been waking at 6:30am instead of 8am and waking g DD up with his shenanigans, DD is a grump fora the day every time this happens, this week has been hell and it's omly Tuesday.

Like @ADC1979‌ I attempted to read the other thread and decided it was too long everything, so I'm excited to catch this one in its infancy.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH left for Boston for work again tonight. He was just there last week too. Won't be home until Friday at almost midnight. His mother flies in Friday morning. FML. Oh, and DD screamed at me for an hour before she calmed down and went to sleep. Awesomesauce.
  • Options
    DH leaves today for business and comes home Friday.  It's the first "more than 1 day" trip since DD was born.  I spent yesterday after work getting caught up on laundry and making sure every possible dish was clean in the kitchen so that I can just do nothing tonight after the kids are in bed.  Hopefully all goes according to plan!
  • Options
    ADC1979 said:
    I'm having a professional house cleaning service come for the first time ever on Saturday.  I explained to the super nice guy over the phone how I have a new baby, 2 dogs, a cat, and work full-time so that the house looks like a warzone.  He was like no problem, but on the inside I'm horrified my house has gotten as bad as it is, and I just haven't been able to keep up with it.

But aside from the horror and shame at the condition of my house, I'm super excited that it might be clean again.  Right now it looks like a Babies R Us and a Dog Rescue got into a fistfight.
    We started having someone come in about a month before DD was born.  It's quite possibly one of the best decisions we've ever made.  DH commented a couple of times while I was on leave that "we don't need it right now."  I just smiled and nodded and had her keep coming.  It makes it so much easier for me to maintain the basic stuff knowing she is coming every other week to do the "big stuff."  
  • Options
    @jnnfrrose6‌ how are you doing with the husband away? Mines gone too since Tuesday evening and won't be home til Friday night late. I always have a new found appreciation for those women doing it on their own and also my DH for how much he helps out. Boo to work travel :-(
  • Options
    @iheartmyshiba Kids are down and I'm relaxing now! DD was asleep when we got home, so I left her in the carseat and put her in her room while I got dinner together for DS, took care of the dogs, etc...  I got DD up around 6:30 so she wouldn't sleep up to bedtime (7:30) so I ended up only having both on my hands for about an hour.  Not too bad.  I definitely think anyone who does this solo is amazing.  My husband does so much for us around here and it shows when he's gone.  I definitely get by with the bare minimum without him.
  • Options
    @supertinkerham  whoa!  what did you say to the electric company??  "i had a baby, they are very expensive, please show mercy?"

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    @supertinkerham  whoa!  what did you say to the electric company??  "i had a baby, they are very expensive, please show mercy?"
    ++SNIP++  The AT&T guy was awesome. We called to decrease the cable bill and he's the one who mentioned the cell phone bill reduction. I was so happy I asked to speak to his supervisor to talk about his awesome customer svc.
    We've got AT&T for tv/internet and they've always been pretty good about helping when I call about a bill and what we can do to reduce costs (I've done it a few times as we end up on a promotion and then call back when the promotion is expired).  You just mention that you'll have to look at other options if you can't get help from them and they send you to the supervisor/department that has more pull. Ours is still pretty high compared to a provider we used to have, but we've also got more cable boxes (all wireless) now and DH isn't quite ready to give up his movie channels (but let's be honest, I don't want to miss GOT or Outlander when they're back either).
  • Options
    ADC1979 said:
    I track all feedings when I'm with LO, mainly because I so easily forget when I last fed him.  Was it 6:30 or 7?  The times blur together for me, so it helps me keep track of that.  Plus I'm like always convinced that he's hungry no matter what (even if he isn't) so if he's crying an hour after he just ate, I can see he just ate and perhaps I should check the diaper or see if he needs to burp or something other than sticking a boob in his mouth.

I don't track the diapers, though, because we change so many of them.  We're doing well at making sure Pampers stays in business.
    And this is why we got DD on a schedule early.  I know it's "controversial" to start early on schedules but it helps DH and I stay on the same page with what's going on with the kids (among other benefits for our family).
  • Options
    Nichole8787Nichole8787 member
    edited November 2014
    @likeanoldtimemovie‌ so did you pee on the stick?

Btw so happy this was started. By the time I had gotten to the old one it was massively intimidating.

Also I'm a childcare provider. From 6am-9am I care for children in their home. Then I go home clean up, pump, feed lo and put him down for a nap. I also take care of an infant in my home. This baby is supposed to get dropped off at 12. For this lo I charge a weekly rate-so not hourly. For the last 2 weeks they've been dropping him off earlier and earlier. I told them that in the case of emergencies they could drop their lo off early. It's now an early drop off everyday. Once this week they were even waiting for me in my driveway. I agreed to 12 NOT 9:45. I need time to get stuff done...seriously getting annoyed.
    image.
  • Options

@likeanoldtimemovie‌ so did you pee on the stick?

Btw so happy this was started. By the time I had gotten to the old one it was massively intimidating.

Also I'm a childcare provider. From 6am-9am I care for children in their home. Then I go home clean up, pump, feed lo and put him down for a nap. I also take care of an infant in my home. This baby is supposed to get dropped off at 12. For this lo I charge a weekly rate-so not hourly. For the last 2 weeks they've been dropping him off earlier and earlier. I told them that in the case of emergencies they could drop their lo of early. It's now an early drop if everyday. Once this week they were even waiting for me in my driveway. I agreed to 12 NOT 9:45. I need time to get stuff done...seriously getting annoyed.

Time to have a difficult conversation. Your time is valuable. I don't work for free. I don't expect anyone else too, either.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    How would you guys bring it up? I'm not good with these conversations
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"