October 2014 Moms
Options

Tuesday Randoms

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• Options

Major latch issues going on here. DS is getting so angry when I try to feed him. Hate hate hate this.

Can you see an LC? When he gets frustrated, take a break and snuggle skin to skin for a while. Then try again.

Is he frustrated trying to latch or gets frustrated once he has latched?
    imageimage
  • Options
    JessAnnJ said:

@MrsSinner402‌ you probably tried this already but when pumping was most painful for me massaging my breasts while pumping made it less painful. I don't know if the pressure distracted me from the pain or what but it helped me. That might help you get through your last few pumps.

Yes I've been doing this for a while now. It helps. But only temporarily. Thanks for your input. >:D<

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Major latch issues going on here. DS is getting so angry when I try to feed him. Hate hate hate this.

DD was sunny side up too. She had latching issues as well. They brought in a therapist to do a craniosacral massage to help her latch. They said sunny side up babies are often stiff and sore in their neck and jaw. It helped tremendously (at the time).

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

DD was sunny side up too. She had latching issues as well. They brought in a therapist to do a craniosacral massage to help her latch. They said sunny side up babies are often stiff and sore in their neck and jaw. It helped tremendously (at the time).
    This is a really good thought. Also seeing a chiropractor may help.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

Can you see an LC? When he gets frustrated, take a break and snuggle skin to skin for a while. Then try again.

Mostly after he latches. He seems to be a really lazy nurser. He will suck 1-2x and then get mad and let go and scream.

Our mw is almost here to do our home visit. I'm hoping she may have some input or ideas.

image         image

• Options
    @FamousEa‌ we tried several and the avent naturals infant bottle is what worked for us.
  • Options

@MrsSinner402‌ hugs!!! I echo what PP have posted.

Guyses. Any suggestions for flipping days and nights back?? DS did better last night and was only awake from 10p until about 1a but would only sleep on me... And it's been like this every day this week. We are running on fumes.

Go outside during the day, being outside with the sunlight, obviously not shining on the baby, let's them know it's daytime. And when you get up with him at night, make sure to keep all of the lights off. We're struggling with this too. The last two nights have been much better. Good luck!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

FamousEa said:

Ok so BF is working better this time, I have milk but LO isn't gaining weight. He has a great latch unlike DD2 so my feedings are painless. We go to the pedi office today, if no weight gain then we start supplementing which I'm fine with. What is a good bottle to use so he won't want to stop breast feeding? I guess I'm looking for a nipple that works like the boob if there is such a thing. I know they advertise some I just don't know what I should get.

If you need to supplement, you could use an SNS at the breast. They're a bit messy, but supplementing at the breast gets you stimulation and avoids any confusion. You can also use a syringe or medela soft feeding cup:

https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/84/softfeeder

And lots of moms have various bottles they recommend for being like the breast. I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions. FX that you won't need to supplement, or at least not for long!
    The sns is something on our plan as well. We have been using tommee tippee. We like that and the munchkin latch bottles. But either way we have tried to pace feed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Emerald27 said:

Mostly after he latches. He seems to be a really lazy nurser. He will suck 1-2x and then get mad and let go and scream.

Our mw is almost here to do our home visit. I'm hoping she may have some input or ideas.
    This is what A does. Honestly the only way I was able to feed her at all was with a shield. We stopped that most of the time now but it helped at first. I know not everyone is pro shield though.
  • Options
    My mom is watching DD while I go to my OB appointment. I really want to sneak in a pedicure...
  • Options
    Looks like he is tongue tied. A different mw at the practice is able to clip them and will do it tomorrow. So scared.

I'm sorry LB. At least you know there's an issue there that can be fixed though? FX for lo!
  • Options
    @Di_126‌ who was your LB?
    I have noticed several people seem gone. :( it is nice when people resurface though.

• Options

Looks like he is tongue tied. A different mw at the practice is able to clip them and will do it tomorrow. So scared.

It'll be totally fine, @pnwlover12‌. We had LO's clipped two weeks ago. It was so so soooo quick and easy. There are very few nerves in the frenulum and little to no bleeding with the procedure. I had been so worried about it beforehand but it was over in minutes and he immediately nursed right after. The only difference was that I was no longer in pain! I'm sure it will be for the best and you will be so glad it was done.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options

Wait, wait, wait... I've been told there was once a time in which this little guy was not a part of my life - how is that even possible? I'm sure he's always been here.

Yes, but... I also feel like there was maybe a time in my life that I slept more than 4 hours in a row.

What is this "sleep" you speak of? ;)
  • Options
    When do the swollen baby balls go down?

image         image

• Options
    I think the time has come for me to attempt pooping for the first time since giving birth. But little man is sleeping so well on me I don't want to move

image         image

• Options

>:D< It will be ok. Boy needs to eat, and it's a fast procedure that they heal quickly from. It will make a big difference for him.

Tongue ties can cause speech development issues, too, if not corrected. DS1 is tongue tied, and so far he's compensating fine, but we'll have to clip it if by kindergarten there are any sounds he's unable to say. I had a hard time breastfeeding at the start, and his ties went undiagnosed until he was over a year old. We're clipping the lip tie in December because of tooth decay. Ties are the devil. :(
    imageimage
  • Options

I am scheduled for an induction on Sunday, will be 41 wks.  Dr wants me to come in to L&D at midnight to get the process started so that I will be almost ready to go by the time her call starts at 9am Sunday morning.  If all goes smoothly, what is the likely time they would discharge me?  Do you think I'd be sent home Monday night, or would they wait until Tuesday morning?  I'm a NICU nurse, so as long as myself and baby are ok, I don't need to stay in the hospital for any teaching, but I am also going to have problems breastfeeding most likely due to a reduction surgery and would love the extra attention from an LC.  I know the typical stay is 48hr for a NSVD, but not sure if induction changes things, and not even sure when that 48hr starts (after being admitted from triage?)

Labor dust that baby will just come on her own before then!   

Also, even if my baby decides to hold out until November, I'm still sticking around Oct14 ;-) ;-) 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Options
    I haven't been posting but I have been lurking since baby N was born.

I have a question. He likes to be swaddled and wakes himself up constantly when he's not. Now he is sweating a lot when he wakes up and his diaper is wet from sweat. Should I continue swaddling him or not? He doesn't seem concerned but I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    I'm here! :-h But I'm weeping in the bathroom because I'm still pregnant :-q
    me too girl, me too.  potential November babies, unite! 
    \m/

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Options
    Fingers crossed that LO gains tons of weight at the doctor today!

• Options
    LO just went down for nap and now DH family wants to come over with no notice. He is at work and doesn't see the issue with them barging in. You know, because waking a sleeping baby is awesome. And no, I don't need to sleep while she sleeps. Now he wants me to be the bad guy and call them and tell them no. Um... No. Your family, your call.
  • Options
    @SweetMandyB12‌ You can request to be discharged at 24 hours. Most hospitals have a minimum 24-hour stay. I requested the earliest possible discharge, but since DS was born at 7:45am, we ended up waiting on various tests and things to be done by people just coming to work for the morning. We didn't make it out until noon. I think the pedi checkup was like 3 hours after they said they'd be there...BUT everyone did say that they were aware that I wanted my own bed ASAP and that they would do their best. ;)

So a lot depends on what time LO is delivered (if you have baby at 2am, are you really going to try to leave at 2am the following day, or will you just leave in the morning?) and on how quickly they can do everything you need prior to discharge.
    imageimage
  • Options
    @MrsSinner402‌ Everyone covered it but seriously, you are a rock star.
    @SPurp13‌ So so so happy to see you back. You "sound" like yourself again too!

As far as poops, poor baby girl isn't pooping :( Everyone asks me if she is having a lot of wet diapers... Not really? How much is a lot prior to my milk coming in? Doctor's appt tomorrow.

She feeds constantly. How is dehydration possible?!?!

• Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited October 2014
    @MrsSarahRenee‌ Baby should have 6+ wet diapers/ day by day 4. How old is LO? If you're having trouble telling whether a diaper is wet because they're so absorbent, you can fold a tissue into her diaper. That will be wet if she pees.

ETA: What are her poopy diapers like?
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"