Options

Tuesday Randoms

It's 4:00am, why not?

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pushed post on accident but T&P's for quick healing for you.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsSinner402‌ You are an amazing mom! You have gone above and beyond what many others have done to be able to feed her BM. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out as you wanted, but know that no matter what, you are a great mom.
  • Options
    @MrsSinner402‌ youre a wonderful mama!! You'll feel so much better and so much less stressed with the switch! And all baby cares about is a full belly! Ive heard tight bras (like two sports bras) and cold to get milk to dry up.. be extra careful in the shower so not to much hot water rains on them :)
  • Options
    I'm here.

Nursing LO and hopefully some sleep in a few.
  • Options
    @MrsSinner402‌ getting LO fed is all that matters! You're a great mom.

This kid slept on my chest all night long in two different locations. I'm so tired. I wish he'd sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    FamousEa said:

Ok so BF is working better this time, I have milk but LO isn't gaining weight. He has a great latch unlike DD2 so my feedings are painless. We go to the pedi office today, if no weight gain then we start supplementing which I'm fine with. What is a good bottle to use so he won't want to stop breast feeding? I guess I'm looking for a nipple that works like the boob if there is such a thing. I know they advertise some I just don't know what I should get.

If you need to supplement, you could use an SNS at the breast. They're a bit messy, but supplementing at the breast gets you stimulation and avoids any confusion. You can also use a syringe or medela soft feeding cup:

https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/84/softfeeder

And lots of moms have various bottles they recommend for being like the breast. I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions. FX that you won't need to supplement, or at least not for long!
    imageimage
  • Options
    FamousEa said:

Ok so BF is working better this time, I have milk but LO isn't gaining weight. He has a great latch unlike DD2 so my feedings are painless. We go to the pedi office today, if no weight gain then we start supplementing which I'm fine with. What is a good bottle to use so he won't want to stop breast feeding? I guess I'm looking for a nipple that works like the boob if there is such a thing. I know they advertise some I just don't know what I should get.

We use the Chicco newborn bottles/nipples for our supplimenting. Been using them for two weeks and no issues with nipple confusion.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    @Cantisa that's entirely up to you. We bed shared with DS until he turned 2, but we wanted to and I loved the snuggles. You can transition them whenever you're both ready...it can be helpful for you to wait until they're sleeping a little longer stretches.

I loved bedsharing when I went back to work because I snuggled all night to make up for being away during the day. I would have been so sad to be away all day and then sleep away from DS.

I also slept ALL night with barely an interruption, because DS would stir and I'd literally wake just enough to pop a boob in his mouth and then go back to sleep. No getting out of bed or sitting up to nurse for me!

Bedsharing was a lifesaver!
    imageimage
  • Options
    My LC recommended the playtex vent air bottles. They flow a lot slower than most..
  • Options

I have mad respect for you ladies that went all natural. Insane respect.

I have my epi in! Did it make anyone else super tired? I feel so drowsy...I mentioned it to the nurse and she said my BP was slightly low so she repositioned me...but I still feel crazy tired. Granted I think I got 30 mins of sleep last night...

I was super tired with mine. But I preferred it to gas and air because that makes me feel so high and spaced out. I don't remember much from the time using it. I hope things are going well though!

Just stopping by to say hi ladies!
    Thanks @Kaylajade8911‌ !!! I got in an hour nap and feel a lot better. Hope you are enjoying your sweet boy :x
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love all the support in this thread :)

Mil wants me to drop the baby off at her sister's house tonight for an hour while I take ds1 to soccer.. im thinking definitely not.. I jist am not ready for that kind of baby leaving yet..
  • Options
    JessAnnJ said:

@MrsSinner402‌ I've been where you are. I really did not enjoy the first 2 months with my daughter because of the struggles we had. Have you considered cutting your pumps and stopping that way. That way you can make sure you are emotionally ready to stop and you won't get as engorged. Either way it sounds like you are making the best choice for your family. Unfortunately BF is just harder for some people than others, and there is so much pressure to BF that it makes it hard to decide not BF. However, your baby will do just as well with formula so please do not feel guilty for your decision.

I think that's what I'm going to do to wean. Cut back to only a few pumps a day and only pumping to feel a little relief so I don't stimulate more milk production. I wish weaning was easier and I could just stop pumping now. The pain is killing me.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    @MrsSinner402‌ you probably tried this already but when pumping was most painful for me massaging my breasts while pumping made it less painful. I don't know if the pressure distracted me from the pain or what but it helped me. That might help you get through your last few pumps.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    Cantisa said:

@crawford I think mastitis might be happening  :((

I feel like I have the flu, temp 99.8, and reddened area around left areola. Think I should call the OB...
    Yeah, I'd say that warrants a call. Feel better!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have an appointment this afternoon and have been thinking about having my doc do a membrane sweep (I'm now 40+1). We're also going to talk induction dates. I would love to be induced this Friday (Halloween!) because I'd prefer a weekend hospital stay for convenience sake. At the same time, I do want to avoid an induction because I'd rather my baby come out on his own, but he's so comfy in there I'm not sure that will happen.

If I'm able to get in for Friday induction, should I skip the membrane sweep and just wait it out, or would you still get it? I'm torn on this because I'd prefer to have the baby over the weekend, but I also know I should be avoiding induction at all costs. Buuuuut membrane sweep isn't guaranteed to do anything for me, even though my cervix is a "favorable" 2 cm dilated and 90% effaced when I was checked two weeks ago. :-??
  • Options
    Major latch issues going on here. DS is getting so angry when I try to feed him. Hate hate hate this.

image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"