April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    embear22 said:

So, what say A14? I've had a stomach bug for 4 days. DH keeps telling me to go to the doctor. I keep trying to explain to him that no one goes to the doctors for having the runs (tmi?, sorry) all they will do is tell me stay hydrated, rest and take Imodium. Right? Going to my doctor is like a 4 hr ordeal so I hate going, but I also dislike any other new GP I've tried.

No immodium if you are BFing. I had an issue with this beginning of August, lasted about 5 days, then went away, took kaopectate.
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Some fucker stole my credit card info and tried to buy $600 worth of shit! On my birthday!

But then USAA texted me a fraud alert asking if that was me. Hells no! And they canceled that shit. Fuck you, thieving fucker!

I love usaa. Idk what my poor ass would do without that institution. So glad it was figured out but that's a given with usaa
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Jessimax said:

embear22 said:

So, what say A14? I've had a stomach bug for 4 days. DH keeps telling me to go to the doctor. I keep trying to explain to him that no one goes to the doctors for having the runs (tmi?, sorry) all they will do is tell me stay hydrated, rest and take Imodium. Right? Going to my doctor is like a 4 hr ordeal so I hate going, but I also dislike any other new GP I've tried.

No immodium if you are BFing. I had an issue with this beginning of August, lasted about 5 days, then went away, took kaopectate.
    Whoa no! You have it backwards. Imodium is safe. Kaopectate has been associated with Reye's syndrome, don't take that or pepto while BFing!
    The immodium bottle says on it not to take while breast feeding. The kaopectate is what the pharmacist recommended. I generally try to avoid any medication while BFing but was dying after 5 days. Only took it twice and didn't need anymore.
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

I'm home from Ikea with new shelves, baby sleep sacks to test out, and I had birthday cake frozen yogurt!

Wine and soup now! A is asleep and Indy better be snuggly enough tonight to sit on my toes for a bit.
    Happy birthday!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's Friday, the kids are in bed, and I have no beer in my house.... :-q
  • Options
    edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited October 2014
    Oh my Lord... One of my previous coworkers posted a picture of her 8 week old son in a Bumbo seat, and I saw a tagged picture of her from her husband today of him eating cereal at 9 weeks! It was captioned, "he should not be doing this.... please stop growing...." Um YEAH he shouldn't be doing it! He's 9 weeks old! Why the eff does a 9 week old need cereal while sitting in a Bumbo!?!
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Almost forgot: The USAA guy even wished me a happy birthday after fixing the credit problem. Attention to details FTW!

Those of you without USAA really are missing out. They rock so hard.
    I remember buying a plane ticket through one of those comparison sites that pops up when you use travelocity or Expedia or whatever the fuck. Any hoo, somehow some Japanese company managed to worm their way into the transaction and run my card before the actual site that I was buying from could. USAA refunded me within days and worked long and hard to find the bastards. Once they found em they notified me that they were in fact fraudulent and that the refund was mine to keep. I remember usaa calling me the morning after I booked the ticket because they suspected fraud and i approved it because I did buy a plane ticket, just not from who charged me.
  • Options
    avidkeoavidkeo member
    edited October 2014
    aronie82 said:

Check jelly mom but I think Imodium is ok. I'm not fixing it

Jelly mom!! Lol!

Spoiler alert, do not read if you haven't seen the project runway funal

Ahhhh kiwis are taking over the states! First lorde now sean!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    @MrsStanton87 we've been having similar problems along with more wake ups. He woke up 3 times last night. He hasn't done that in months. I'm exhausted and wondering if it's food, teething, growth spurt, or because vacation messed him up. Don't know whether to resleep train or wait it out. Baby's are hard and confusing.

• Options
    ^leave him

• Options
    So frustrated today. DS will not take more than 1 or 2 oz at a time. Since he's woken up he's only earing 5 oz when he usually eats 10 or 11 oz by now. He is so fussy and I feel like shit today. This better be a tooth that will be popping up soon.

• Options
    I got DS this hooded fleece bundle thing at target. The feet and hands are covered. It's for really cold weather. I got it in 9 months because he is in 6 months now. I tried it on him when we got home and it was pretty big. Maybe like 2 inches too big in the legs and an inch in the arms. Should I return it for 6 months? It won't get cold enough for him to need it until December or so. Thoughts?

• Options
    Vinny424 said:
    How in the heck did @zoopsiedaisy‌ get banned?
    Really?
    Really! I just noticed her lovetit was the banned image. :(
    Hmmm @thomas930‌ I know you probably can't tell us but worth asking!

Her profile say that she was banned for sending harassing messages to IF women.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

Vinny424 said:

Vinny424 said:

How in the heck did @zoopsiedaisy‌ get banned?

Really?
    Really! I just noticed her lovetit was the banned image. :(
    Hmmm @thomas930‌ I know you probably can't tell us but worth asking!

Her profile say that she was banned for sending harassing messages to IF women.

That's just wrong. She did seem nice.

• Options
    Yay go @MrsStanton87! Enjoy.

• Options
    I just had to tell someone on FB that you can't spoil a 6 week old by holding them.   ~X(
  • Options
    Anyone want to buy a farm?
    Day started with me battling the pig waterer in the pouring rain and freezing cold because it froze last night. Then went to the chicken coop to find 2 chickens with broken legs because the stupid butcher was full and the friggen chickens should have been butchered last week. Then the corn people called to say our corn is crap because of the early frost we got and you stinking Americans had a good corn year making our crap corn worth even less. I hate everything today.
  • Options
    MrsW26 said:

What the shit, yo. I went into work today to start a psych eval and was gone from 8:45 to 3:30. I figured DH would get a little taste of what I go through every day. I come home and DH is cutting the grass with DD playing happily in her cozy coupe walker. I come inside to find the kitchen spotless, two loads of dishes washed and put away. Then he tells me they also drove to his work to pick up some food he left there yesterday and then went to our favorite bar to hang out. Where he bought food so I wouldn't have to cook dinner after working all day. Oh and also went on a walk around town including stopping on a park bench for a bottle before her nap. What. The. Fuck. WHOSE TEAM ARE YOU ON, BABY?

Seriously though, DH is the shit. Guess I have to put out tonight.

Haha he earned it! Lucky lady, coming home to that awesomeness!
  • Options
    @MrsStanton87‌ we have a ton of gassiness with solids. It is getting a little better as we get further into it, but certain foods like yams really make it bad. I thought this was why DD was waking up during the night, but the pedi said no. I think it wakes her up and then she wants to nurse. We're trying to have DH soothe her to see if we can get her over wanting to eat more. It seems the iron fortified cereals are the worst for us.

@smushi I split a cord and a half last year while pregnant because I was home and not working. I asked my ob if I was ok to swing a maul. She said "you mean like an axe???" I said pretty much, but heavier. Her response was "you go girl." I found splitting a cord and a half (over a number of days) without being able to take aleve afterwards quite challenging. Looking forward to fires this winter!
  • Options
    @labelle0412 That's awesome :)

We have one of those 8lb splitting mauls.  Makes me feel good to know I can wield it effectively :)  Here's hoping DH doesn't go do something gooberific like break another bone this fall so I don't have do the splitting, just the hauling!
  • Options
    The giant Iraq style dust storm is interrupting our packing.
  • Options
    @meg.eliz1 same thing happened to me. I mean Ryver did a swan dive into the bath water. I did feel like the worlds worst mom. It was more traumatic to me than to her.
  • Options
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I am so hungry.
  • Options
    So many posts missed. Traveling with a sick kid is rough. Poor DS1 has a sinus infection and doesn't feel good at all.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options

It's okay to feed a baby chocolate pudding right? ;-)

You did what?? How dare you feed your child something other than fruits and veggies... SIKE! Looks yummy :P

• Options
    @celticlullaby sorry you're dealing with this!  I can't imagine, it sounds awful.
  • Options
    Everyone we know has had a stomach bug over the last week. Now we have it. I was up all night. I feel awful and am trying to keep enough down to stay hydrated for my milk supply. Ugh.

At least the kids are fine! So far anyway.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    @MrsW26‌ They're lucky you're not me! Best friends or no, I'd have told them, "Uhhhh, no. Earlier notice than basically NOW required."

That kind of thing, along with just showing up unannounced, pisses me right off!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I've been crampy all weekend.  Period or pregnant?   :))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"